Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

but yes "I don't deserve this title I earned it" is a face promo now I guess.

That part IS a face promo, though? Like, it would only be a heel promo if he won the title on a non-clean finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is a strong contender for coolest AEW shot+sequence combo

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1680378294502404096

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

aaaag

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

xbilkis posted:

yeah it was awesome

i wasn't big on juice when he first showed up in aew but he has incredible chemistry with Jay and is a fantastic #2 guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bullet Club Gold are incredible. Juice is such a great lovely deputy leader and I'm so glad Jay's finally getting to show off in AEW exactly why he's one of the best in the world. All hail the Bang Bang Gang

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

xbilkis posted:

Sour and Gorey

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I would never cheat to win, it would feel hollow. I’d know I was a fraud and I wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
So what do we make of the fact that BCG took the first fall then lost the match even though they chose two out of three falls?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cheating rules

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

So what do we make of the fact that BCG took the first fall then lost the match even though they chose two out of three falls?

That TK is burying Jay White and that white’s headed to the fed any day now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hand Knit posted:

I didn't make much of it, tbh. What do you make of it?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

The Stroker Ace posted:

I would never cheat to win, it would feel hollow. I’d know I was a fraud and I wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt!

skill issue

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Hand Knit posted:

Not much, except maybe that Jay's hubris got the better of him again

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Lance Archer rules, he should be on TV more often.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Exactly the same thing that happened to Okada when Kenny challenged him for the IWGP title the 3rd time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mrenda posted:

Kevin Kelly Derangement Syndrome.

Like Riccaboni didn't get Andrade's name wrong. And wasn't so excited about literally everything that it made everything seem dull in comparison.

Give me Kevin Kelly being semi-professional about an average match any day.

are you also the guy who said that Kevin Kelly's NJPW commentary is good because the matches are poo poo and don't matter and his commentary conveys that accurately

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

The Stroker Ace posted:

What if loads of other people are cheating? Would you prefer to keep your honour and lose? Possibly even let your family starve and your dog die from lack of vital medication, possibly doggy insulin, that isn't covered on your pet insurance plan?

Let's be real here. Lives are at stake over whether Juice's arse can fill into his new Speedos or whether he has an admitedly tight but still lacking hank hill arse.

Not to body shame the fellow. That's absolutely not my intent. But if he won the belt he could afford tailored ham hock smugglers.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Alaois posted:

are you also the guy who said that Kevin Kelly's NJPW commentary is good because the matches are poo poo and don't matter and his commentary conveys that accurately

Yes. I'm the person who said I like KK's commentary because he doesn't try and tell me a bad match is a good match.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mrenda posted:

What if loads of other people are cheating? Would you prefer to keep your honour and lose? Possibly even let your family starve and your dog die from lack of vital medication, possibly doggy insulin, that isn't covered on your pet insurance plan?

Let's be real here. Lives are at stake over whether Juice's arse can fill into his new Speedos or whether he has an admitedly tight but still lacking hank hill arse.

Not to body shame the fellow. That's absolutely not my intent. But if he won the belt he could afford tailored ham hock smugglers.

then explain why Dax looks like he’s always wearing a diaper

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Dax doesn't forget his mufflah

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

the escape goat posted:

He has to grow replacement moustaches somewhere.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

What the...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mrenda posted:

Yes. I'm the person who said I like KK's commentary because he doesn't try and tell me a bad match is a good match.

do you like

actually enjoy watching wrestling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"kevin kelly is a good commentator because he's as miserable as i am"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

Dax’s white gear always looks like he’s just out there in his ill-fitting tighty whiteys and it’s a terrible look

Collision commentary was way better even though Riccaboni still hosed up Andrade’s name, hard to decide if “sounding it out as though it’s literally the first time you’ve ever seen it written down” is better or worse than “confidently butchering it and then doubling down the next week after making a joke about how badly you butchered it” but I’m leaning towards better.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A bunch of New Japan fans think Kevin was great because he slept through the undercard matches and I never understood that attitude

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mrenda posted:

Kevin Kelly Derangement Syndrome.

Like Riccaboni didn't get Andrade's name wrong. And wasn't so excited about literally everything that it made everything seem dull in comparison.

Give me Kevin Kelly being semi-professional about an average match any day.

The show seemed really exciting to me. Maybe I am the only person who didn't think FTR vs BCG seemed dull, though.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Alaois posted:

do you like

actually enjoy watching wrestling

Are you really questioning if someone enjoys wrestling in the face of being able to form opinions?

Like, is your baseline of "enjoying wrestling" abandoning all critical functioning, and ideally beneath that?

Because I get that. I do. It's wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

A bunch of New Japan fans think Kevin was great because he slept through the undercard matches and I never understood that attitude

I don't need someone trying to tell me Ishii/Yano/YOH vs. House of Torture for the third time this tour is exciting tbf

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Commentary’s job is to make whatever you’re watching more fun to watch not tell you that you’re watching the shittiest wrestling they’ve ever seen what are you even doing with your life change the channel, big bang theory is on somewhere probably haha bazinga

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think who you like and hate on commentary only has to do with what country/landmass you are from originally. go ahead and test it.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kevin's great because he's having fun and not selling you on everything that happens. Let the match breathe. I don't need everything to be amazing. Somethings are only OK. That's fine.

I also get why, if you're running a TV show, and people are flicking through TV channels and not really paying attention, you'd want someone who sounds like they're describing the biggest, baddest poo poo ever. Or if they're being clipped for social media. I'm already watching though. I don't need that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kevin Kelly sounds like a patronizing rear end in a top hat every time he opens his mouth

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm glad Ian and Nigel were really excited during the really exciting match

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Anyways,

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1680684101014044675

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Collision was loving nuts. Tag match ruled. Bang Bang Gang are incredible. Ricky!!! Willow!!!

I don’t like Ian/Caprice as much as many others do and Ian/Caprice/Nigel was bad, but somehow Ian/Nigel works really well.

Battle of the Belts is a real stinker. I wish they’d just commit to doing like at least a couple weeks of buildup for it instead of 24 hours.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so ricky beat punk. that means he gets the bag right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's only the lineal bag holder

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

botb was the most skippable non-YouTube show yet absolutely nothing happened except the Owen presentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

so ricky beat punk. that means he gets the bag right?

There'll be a scene a few months from now where Ricky yells at Punk, "Where's the bag at, Punk?! WHERE'S THE BAG AT!?!" And Ricky will refuse a goldfish in his dressing room and some McDonalds then be hanged in the library with it made out like a suicide.

Edit: It will win Emmy's.