Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I get that, I also agree that it's amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What's the robot that looks like it's made of glass on the left though? It looks pretty cool.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's Symbionic Titan, from the series of the same name by Genndy Tartosvsky.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Justin_Brett posted:

Man I remember when people insisted that show was good and unfairly cancelled too soon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Justin_Brett posted:

Oh, that's a shame. I've never actually sat through an episode long enough to see the robot I guess. Still a cool looking robot, shame about the everything else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/JEGANMANHUNTER/status/1685215338697310209?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That elephant must be so confused.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

elephants are very smart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1685331186162573312

king gainer blu-rays

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gainer is a perfectly good show but the op is still the best thing about it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Gainer's OP has ruined my ability to enjoy King-Ohger's.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Oh man, I never got around to watching gainer. Could this be my chance?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The secret they don't want you to know is that Tomino's non-Gundam shows are better than his Gundam shows

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Very much not true

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He's got hits and misses in both categories. King Gainer is good'un, tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gainer's fine as long as you don't go into it expecting things like "an ending" or "story progression in general"

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Gripweed posted:

The secret they don't want you to know is that Tomino's non-Gundam shows are better than his Gundam shows

I dare you to look at L-Gaim again and say that with a straight face

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mister Olympus posted:

I dare you to look at L-Gaim again and say that with a straight face

I have't seen that one. I'm mainly talking about Xabungle.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish I liked gainer more.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

gently caress yeah, best torino show

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gripweed posted:

I have't seen that one. I'm mainly talking about Xabungle.

I prefer 0079 and Turn A personally, but Xabungle is the best of his non-Gundam shows that I've seen and I always found King Gainer to basically be a lesser version of the same general theme i.e. a comedic work set in a post apocalyptic era. Xabungle leans far harder into the comedy though, and has a more endearing and memorable cast as well as a more complete story and filled out setting; having twice the episode number probably helps in that though. I should get around to finishing Ideon at some point, since I enjoyed the half or so of I saw too, and I know a lot of people love it among Tomino's works.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love basically everything Tomino has ever produced except for Gainer.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Brain Powerd isn't spectacular but like a lot of Tomino's works after Victory Gundam it has a nice aesthetic to it, has a good amount of Tomino's classic weirdness*, and "In My Dream" is an absolute gem of a song

*more than anything else I think that's my favorite thing about Tomino and his body of work

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Brain Powerd isn't spectacular but like a lot of Tomino's works after Victory Gundam it has a nice aesthetic to it, has a good amount of Tomino's classic weirdness*, and "In My Dream" is an absolute gem of a song

*more than anything else I think that's my favorite thing about Tomino and his body of work

And (next to TurnA) one of the finest scores produced for anime. Mid-late 90's Tomino's working relationship w Yoko Kanno produced some truly beautiful music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_fH6v2QKA

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khvLQriRdBA

I'm sorry a Grendizer show directed and written by who

what is happening

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

20 years ago, Fukuda saved Gundam. Now he's going to save all other mecha.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
That entire lineup reads like it was put together by someone who fell into a coma in the 2000's and just woke up and in a fever dream state jotted down their dream team

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I have some concerns.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I’m watching VOTOMS and it’s funny how immediately more sci-fi it feels compared to dougram, where most of the time it didn’t really feel like Deloyer was a different planet. In these first few episodes the junkyard crew are goofballs which is another thing that Dougram did well. I also like how many ugly old men are in this show.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, the new AMAIM ONA started today.

It's pretty short, like the Gundam Breaker ONA, and basically just seems to be an excuse for some good old fashioned hand drawn robot fights, but at this length, that feels like sufficient reason for it to exist. They're pretty decent fights.

Between this, Synduality, and the IBO mobile game, I feel like I'm reasonably sorted for the season on the giant robot thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They're joking but this is a pretty fantastic triple feature and not a bad watch order for it

https://twitter.com/primegundam/status/1691602147752677704?s=20

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I love OOO! Not big on 00. Been meaning to give a go to O!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Heavy Metal posted:

I love OOO! Not big on 00. Been meaning to give a go to O!

Big fan of The Big O

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synduality Noir continues on with more dating robots in defiance of the robot pope, with the secondary robotic heroine getting an episode to act as copilot, complete with Macross style singing in combat.

(Also, it turns out the hero is so willing to date robots because his adopted mom was a robot.)

One thing that stands out to me, though, is that way Ellie, the childhood friend, is the most hilariously doomed and self-sabotaging childhood friend I've seen in a mecha anime, when the same writer's still writing one of the most forward and successful childhood friends in the history of mech anime with Atra from IBO.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think most mecha cockpits are air conditioned? I'm just imagining the smell if they worked like Battletech mechs where the engine heat is so bad most pilots go in their underwear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopefully the g-reco ones have some form of ventilation considering they have toilets in them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a relatively narrow range of temperature and atmospheric pressure that humans can withstand without passing out or dying. some level of environment control would be a necessity.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

hopefully the g-reco ones have some form of ventilation considering they have toilets in them

Space toilets that use suction to keep em clean.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gundam toilet sucked me off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1694570329828675690?t=EoxIJJqvPUB3qneWhCRhsg&s=19

Minmay erasure.