Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
WHY IS IT NOT AIRING NOW :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

WHY IS IT NOT AIRING NOW :mad:

No you see we've got to relive 2008 again first for some reason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Rumour going round that production on S15 might start as early as this autumn.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Rumour going round that production on S15 might start as early as this autumn.

RTD going full sicko mode. I like it.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Has there been any reports on how many episodes the seasons are going to be?

It would be so nice if RTD can get the show back on a "full season, same length, same time of year, every year, plus big Christmas Day special" cadence

edit: also every episode goes out on BBC1 on Saturday at 7pm NO EXCEPTIONS

Matinee fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 28, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Matinee posted:

Has there been any reports on how many episodes the seasons are going to be?

It would be so nice if RTD can get the show back on a "full season, same length, same time of year, every year, plus big Christmas Day special" cadence

We know Ncuti's first season is only 8 episodes, because the specials are taking from the same season budget (booo).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Might mean nothing, but when asked if he'd like to come back as the Master, Sacha Dhawan was very coy and said he's got things he can't talk about.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Perhaps it's related to Big Finish?

I'm sure they can wrangle out some stories set during his Master Doctor moments because time travel exists

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Perhaps it's related to Big Finish?

That's the boring answer, but he's done Master stuff for BF before, and that's presumably not under any secrecy like this is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
These days 10 episodes feels like the upper bound on a season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

That's the boring answer, but he's done Master stuff for BF before, and that's presumably not under any secrecy like this is.

Technically I don't think he has -- they've announced they're planning on using him for two sets, but I don't believe they've been recorded. So he could have been talking about that.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
There's rumours going around that the Christmas episode is going to be called "The Church on Ruby Road". It started to spread even further after some youtube videos and a reddit post got taken down that was talking about it.
https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1692191884188266987?s=20

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

At least it’s not The Church on Ruby Ridge.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The street the church is on and the new companion sharing a name?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That synopsis:

Also supposed specials spoilers:

quote:

I also have some spoilers for the 60th:

*The Doctor has to give Donna her memories back to stop The Meep from destroying London. Donna “dies” (but doesn’t because her daughter inherited half of the Metacrisis power.)
*There is two doctors by the end of The Giggle because The Doctor “bi-regenerated” which was supposed to be a myth according to Fourteen.
*The second special “Wild Blue Yonder” happens because in the end of special one Donna spills coffee on the TARDIS console causing it to malfunction.
*Rose Tyler doesn’t show up in anything other than the “Previously Fifteen Years ago…” segment at the start of the first special.
*The Meep didn’t crash it was on purpose.
*Rose is Non-Binary and uses she/they pronouns. (the reason she is kind of is because of the Doctor as The Doctor is also he, she, or they depending on regeneration.
*Rose gets annoyed at The Doctor for assuming The Meep is a He.

The Toymaker says he has played one game with a previous doctor, the second with the Fourteenth now he must play with a next doctor. As the Fourteenth regenerates he finds he hasn’t changed but there is the Fifteenth Doctor next to him, this is where the “What the hell is going on here” is said. Later they both in unison say “I challenge you to a game!” the Toymaker annoyed says “That’s cheating, there is 2 of you!” and Fourteen says “But according to the rules you can’t say no.” he accepts the challenge. Together, they manage to win the game and The Fourteenth’s prize was to banish The Toymaker from existence. After the game, the Fourteenth Doctor, the Fifteenth Doctor, Donna, and Mel discuss the consequences of their adventures mentioning Sarah Jane, Adric, River Song. Donna tells the Doctors why don’t they just take a break and enjoy the simpler life. That’s when the Fifteenth Doctor remembers he hasn’t said what his prize would be. A second TARDIS! Now the Fourteenth Doctor stays behind while the Fifteenth flies off in his TARDIS.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 17, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Doctor Who: Suddenly, goblins

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That sounds....fine. Obviously, it's going to be fleshed out over ~60 minutes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Added in some extra stuff about the specials

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
so inevitably all companions will get a David Tennant of their very own then?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
So basically they’ve set it up so that they can do an emergency David Tennant Injection whenever the show starts sagging in ratings?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sounds good except having two Roses is a bit annoying.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
RTD should have had the courage of his convictions and just called the new companion Ruby Tuesday

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

RTD should have had the courage of his convictions and just called the new companion Ruby Tuesday

So when does Tegan Grant Isolder Friday show up?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

The_Doctor posted:

That synopsis:

Also supposed specials spoilers:

This all sounds like completely deranged bollocks. I can't wait. RTD is back baby!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If Rose's on Tuesday then ruse on first?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New companion’s real name revealed

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The Goblins stuff sounds not unlike a part of a Christmas special story idea that RTD junked from the Writers Tale because he couldn't figure it out all the way.
The thing with co-existing 14th and 15th Doctors: I get the idea of having a David Tennant backup to head spinoffs and miniseries (not unlike his
audio adventures I guess), but it seems too messy to me.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Looks like someone got a message from the bbc

https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1692614045273317433?s=20
Which in my mind confirms the title of the Christmas episode at the very least.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Confusedslight posted:

Looks like someone got a message from the bbc

https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1692614045273317433?s=20
Which in my mind confirms the title of the Christmas episode at the very least.

is TwitterX just in horrible death throes or am I the only one who cant access the rest of this thread (or this account's reply history etc; christ Elon is such a fuckup)

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Guy A. Person posted:

is TwitterX just in horrible death throes or am I the only one who cant access the rest of this thread (or this account's reply history etc; christ Elon is such a fuckup)

You have to have a Twitter account and be logged in to see comments now, I think. Which makes clicking on an embedded tweet pointless, you can already see all you're going to see if you've got rid of Twitter like I did.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well it looks like they’ve already started filming Ncuti’s next season.

Also, kilt!

EDIT: ah, they’re filming pickups for this year’s Christmas special. That makes 3 outfits!

https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1703947000956244033

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 19, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1718981051257688118

And apparently it’s pretending to be NYC…

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I wonder if that's from his second season or his second Christmas episode.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/set_dw/status/1719462180116947230?s=20

A very very small bit of the 2024 Xmas special.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 31, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Doctor Hugh née Verse

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

She'd be a great companion if Ruby Sunday isn't sticking around (which I believe she is).

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Looks like that big leak from reddit was real. Donna spilling her coffee, causing the tardis to malfunction, pretty much confirms it.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 27, 2023

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Confusedslight posted:

Looks like that big leak from reddit was real. Donna spilling her coffee, causing the tardis to malfunction, pretty much confirms it.

Ya got a link to that? I'd not heard of a reddit leak but I love me some DocWho spoilers

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
If you scroll up the post The_Doctor posted it and they put the spoiler tag on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Ya got a link to that? I'd not heard of a reddit leak but I love me some DocWho spoilers

quote:

I also have some spoilers for the 60th:

*The Doctor has to give Donna her memories back to stop The Meep from destroying London. Donna “dies” (but doesn’t because her daughter inherited half of the Metacrisis power.)
*There is two doctors by the end of The Giggle because The Doctor “bi-regenerated” which was supposed to be a myth according to Fourteen.
*The second special “Wild Blue Yonder” happens because in the end of special one Donna spills coffee on the TARDIS console causing it to malfunction.
*Rose Tyler doesn’t show up in anything other than the “Previously Fifteen Years ago…” segment at the start of the first special.
*The Meep didn’t crash it was on purpose.
*Rose is Non-Binary and uses she/they pronouns. (the reason she is kind of is because of the Doctor as The Doctor is also he, she, or they depending on regeneration.
*Rose gets annoyed at The Doctor for assuming The Meep is a He.

The Toymaker says he has played one game with a previous doctor, the second with the Fourteenth now he must play with a next doctor. As the Fourteenth regenerates he finds he hasn’t changed but there is the Fifteenth Doctor next to him, this is where the “What the hell is going on here” is said. Later they both in unison say “I challenge you to a game!” the Toymaker annoyed says “That’s cheating, there is 2 of you!” and Fourteen says “But according to the rules you can’t say no.” he accepts the challenge. Together, they manage to win the game and The Fourteenth’s prize was to banish The Toymaker from existence. After the game, the Fourteenth Doctor, the Fifteenth Doctor, Donna, and Mel discuss the consequences of their adventures mentioning Sarah Jane, Adric, River Song. Donna tells the Doctors why don’t they just take a break and enjoy the simpler life. That’s when the Fifteenth Doctor remembers he hasn’t said what his prize would be. A second TARDIS! Now the Fourteenth Doctor stays behind while the Fifteenth flies off in his TARDIS.

Even with that leak, there's nothing about Wild Blue Yonder