Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

dr_rat posted:

Sam's the best and Trick r Treat seriously needs a Sequel an anthology horror TV show where Sam hosts by stumbling in and out of stories, but it's also super gory and funny
:hmmyes:

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
edit: double post. Sam wouldn't like that. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dr_rat posted:

I mean if he was that would be an automatic ticket from me.

Sam's the best and Trick r Treat seriously needs a Sequel.

It is in fact Quinn Lord, the actor who played Sam.

Like obviously he's not 6 anymore, but

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MacheteZombie posted:

Nope

Senritsu Kaiki World Kowasugi! https://boxd.it/DjZu

It's the next entry in a film series by Koji Shiraishi, a dude who loves making found footage flicks.

Excited but lol that the trailer says it is by the guy who brought us sadako vs kayako and is prominently filmed at the same setpiece of one cut of the dead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Excited but lol that the trailer says it is by the guy who brought us sadako vs kayako and is prominently filmed at the same setpiece of one cut of the dead

Shiraishi's traditional films can be hit or miss, but his found footage movies are across the board excellent. Noroi, Occult, Cult, Record of a Sweet Murder, all absolutely outstanding. And the Kowasugi Kaiki File series is probably the best use of a series format for a horror movie series I've ever seen. It builds upon itself and worldbuilds in this really great way where like blind men touching an elephant each entry shows you a glimpse of some much larger something outside normality that you never get hard answers about but instead just slowly grow to understand it's horrifying scope. Basically it does Lovecraftian horror better than any self-identified Lovecraftian fiction ever has.

They're also very funny. And Producer Kudo is the greatest horror movie hero of all time.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Shiraishi's traditional films can be hit or miss, but his found footage movies are across the board excellent. Noroi, Occult, Cult, Record of a Sweet Murder, all absolutely outstanding. And the Kowasugi Kaiki File series is probably the best use of a series format for a horror movie series I've ever seen. It builds upon itself and worldbuilds in this really great way where like blind men touching an elephant each entry shows you a glimpse of some much larger something outside normality that you never get hard answers about but instead just slowly grow to understand it's horrifying scope. Basically it does Lovecraftian horror better than any self-identified Lovecraftian fiction ever has.

They're also very funny. And Producer Kudo is the greatest horror movie hero of all time.

:hai:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

dr_rat posted:

I mean if he was that would be an automatic ticket from me.

Sam's the best and Trick r Treat seriously needs a Sequel.

Cough oh whoops I dropped my fan film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISZKrlRpTE

Maybe it’ll satisfy some of the cravings lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CelticPredator posted:

Woah starring Sam from Trick r Treat

Without looking at who was posting this I thought to myself "oh man, celt pred is going to be hyped."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m actually gonna watch it even though it’s been out for a year. It’s a low budget action film that looks like what I’m trying to make. I wish they had a budget for it though. Good or bad I’ll definitely get something out of it

Even if the premise is a little bit cringe with the anime nerds and all

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Thank god they're finally making a Fire Emblem movie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah his found footage stuff is amazing, didn't know about Kowasugi Kaiki File and producer kudo so I'm gonna look out for those

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Didn't realize Dwight Eisenhower was still that popular.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Did not expect the synopsis to say this takes place in Oklahoma

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strong "my brother is an artist he can draw your poster!" vibes

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Outsider art is the best art. Unless it's ironic, self-aware, or exploitative, in which case it is the worst art.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://twitter.com/RufusTSuperfly/status/1692311230780723508

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Again...looks like AI Art.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

there's a ring

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*every growth, bone spur, separated joint, improperly healed fracture, etc. come in for a HUGE leg*

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

VROOM VROOM posted:

there's a ring

Man loves a halo

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This poster is especially funny because I do not believe at any point in the movie is there a victim that Harry Hole could have saved with clues given

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's possible that there was a scene relating to that point that they just never shot. The production was so hosed they didn't even shoot all the scenes they were supposed to.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
harry hole

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This is not the google search bar.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

They couldn't shoot about 20% of the scenes planned and had to heavily rewrite everything including the final conflict scene. If I recall the movie ends with the murderer falling into an ice lake and a sudden cut without warning to a time skip of Harry doing group therapy, then credits

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They couldn't shoot about 20% of the scenes planned and had to heavily rewrite everything including the final conflict scene. If I recall the movie ends with the murderer falling into an ice lake and a sudden cut without warning to a time skip of Harry doing group therapy, then credits

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fun fact, that name in whatever European language that book was written in means "Harry Hill" and is pronounced closed to Harry Hull. So when translating the book to English, they could've called him Harry Hill or Harry Hull and either of those would have been reasonable translations. They chose to stick with Harry Hole.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Gripweed posted:

Fun fact, that name in whatever European language that book was written in means "Harry Hill" and is pronounced closed to Harry Hull. So when translating the book to English, they could've called him Harry Hill or Harry Hull and either of those would have been reasonable translations. They chose to stick with Harry Hole.

They chose wisely

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hank Hill

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

VROOM VROOM posted:

there's a ring

Star Wars: The Creator, from the 'creator' of Rogue ONe

I wasn't sure if the back of that kids head was missing or it was just the same colour as the background

hope it looks better in motion I guess

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

They did however manage to shoot plenty of aerial photography. I remember entire conversations taking place as ADR over drone shots of a car.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

two future scientists or whatever discussing

a: our robot should look like a cute kid, itll be disarming & win over the nay-sayers
b: but also lets make its head/neck situation a bit hosed up

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I get it from a artistic/metaphorical perspective. You have a character who, depending on your point of view, resembles a human or a mechanical monstrosity.

It lacks subtlety.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

They did however manage to shoot plenty of aerial photography. I remember entire conversations taking place as ADR over drone shots of a car.

We’ll fix it in post.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

We’ll fix it in post.

But sir, this is post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Heard joke once: Man goes to director. Says movie seems confusing and unfinished. Director says, "We'll fix it in post". Man bursts into tears, says, "But director..."