Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Lady Radia posted:

well.

im sorry. i think?

Nah, you were right. Apparently, I was thinking the same thing when I was thinking about uncanceling because I wanted to gawk at the trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

spunkshui posted:

He lied about already having a hold of billet labs before steve put out his piece.

The trust is dead for me, he needs to step down and retire or admit he intentionally lied multiple times.

I would feel differently if that post did not exist, but it does.

There is a non-zero chance that Linus wrote, shot the video and began uploading it before anyone actually thought to check the emails and they , but I won't give him the benefit of doubt there. I'm really hoping they're using this break to get their poo poo together, but I won't give them the views to find out.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Randalor posted:

There is a non-zero chance that Linus wrote, shot the video and began uploading it before anyone actually thought to check the emails and they , but I won't give him the benefit of doubt there. I'm really hoping they're using this break to get their poo poo together, but I won't give them the views to find out.

After the number of lies he got publically caught in last week I'm really not inclined to give him benefit of the doubt anymore.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on
They had mentioned that their video uploads are done on a schedule, and uploaded a day or two before. Youtube has a "publish on this date and time" feature. If I had to guess, and sure with a bit of benefit of the doubt, they simply had it in the queue and forgot to cancel it going live. Didn't it get published before Maddison started posting on Twitter?

If before, just goes to show more of their sloppy "quantity before quality" attitude further at work. If after, I could see it actually slipping their minds, though gee, if they had actual policies and procedures, it should of been caught.

Doesn't look like a WAN show tonight. Nothing queued up on either Youtube or Floatplane. They have got to be in full disaster recovery mode at this point.

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []

Koskun posted:

They had mentioned that their video uploads are done on a schedule, and uploaded a day or two before. Youtube has a "publish on this date and time" feature. If I had to guess, and sure with a bit of benefit of the doubt, they simply had it in the queue and forgot to cancel it going live. Didn't it get published before Maddison started posting on Twitter?

If before, just goes to show more of their sloppy "quantity before quality" attitude further at work. If after, I could see it actually slipping their minds, though gee, if they had actual policies and procedures, it should of been caught.

Doesn't look like a WAN show tonight. Nothing queued up on either Youtube or Floatplane. They have got to be in full disaster recovery mode at this point.

Nope, it looks like it's gonna happen:

(from here: https://whenplane.com/ and here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/161g9ec/rejoice/)

KlavierVogel fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 26, 2023

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Arivia posted:

what do you think the gamersnexus onlyfans is for

steve's favorite Noctua products

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I said I wanted pictures of the CEO, not Steve’s pussy.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Guess that knocks the whole "the longer they stay quiet, the more things fade into memory" theory on the head :v:

Ramalama
May 6, 2007

It's coooool to be squ... squ... brrr

Mainly a lurker on SA, but did anyone else notice that r/LinusTechTip mods removed the post from the dad who said his son committed suicide after Linus’ fanbase went after the kid for winning an auction for NCIX YouTube play button?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Ramalama posted:

Mainly a lurker on SA, but did anyone else notice that r/LinusTechTip mods removed the post from the dad who said his son committed suicide after Linus’ fanbase went after the kid for winning an auction for NCIX YouTube play button?

They said that they confirmed that it was a shitpost and that everyone is alive and well. As to whether that's the case, who knows.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Ramalama posted:

The version of the story I heard was that the mother and the kid killed themselves. I don't know if there's any truth to the story one way or another, but even if it is true, I doubt that LTT fans harassing the kid was a significant part of a double suicide. When people commit suicide everyone looks for a "why" and the father is probably just grieving like crazy.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
https://twitter.com/linustech/status/1695241704197296233

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Even pacific time that's gonna make for a late night for the WAN show.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

You start your drinkin early, it makes for setting things up harder cause you kept drinking!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

:getin:

I'm looking forward to Linus digging himself deeper.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
“We investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing.”

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I refuse to give them the view count. I'm sure someone will report back.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Just read the video comments

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

c355n4 posted:

I refuse to give them the view count. I'm sure someone will report back.

Same. Their mildly amusing videos aren't worth this bullshit. Solidly on the pay no mind list from now on

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Just waiting for them to announce the outside firm they hired to investigate is the Pinkertons.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Not giving Linus a view, I'll watch someone else react to it later. That's more efficient anyway

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

They have a new video up on the float plane according to the Reddit, although that drove a bunch of traffic to the float plane, which crashed the plane.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not exactly confidence inspiring to news dump a video at 7pm local time on a Friday just so you can do a podcast.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

got the float plane video from someone:

no sponsor bits, no haha very funny stuff, linus straight down the camera for 14 minutes

it touched on process changes, ending the always be uploading commitment

didn't touch the madison stuff, which is to be expected

rio
Mar 20, 2008

WAN show is finally live like 5 hours late if anyone was waiting. On Twitch only at the moment.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

rio posted:

WAN show is finally live like 5 hours late if anyone was waiting. On Twitch only at the moment.

I think its typical to start the Twitch and FP streams before the Youtube stream. That stuff before the YT stream goes live is the "preshow" which I never watched.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAE5KoyFEUo

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

HR process will remain poo poo so if you get harassed then work it out with that person.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Love how it doesn't actually address Madison's situation directly but does some passive aggressive nuh-uh's by saying their surveys say they're actually really good. They also increased the mental health coverage budget... because the community harassed them and that form of harassment is not okay.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Some simp superchatted $250 on WAN

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Triikan posted:

Some simp superchatted $250 on WAN

Unless someone figures out how to superchat Goetse I don't really see a point of watching WAN live.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Releasing a contriteness video on Floatplane rubs me the wrong way, because it only goes out to subscribers/fans. It's preaching to the choir and providing absolution.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
That blubbering is really starting to rub me the wrong way. Have someone else talk about if you can't go on a video without sounding like Jordan Peterson

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Releasing a contriteness video on Floatplane rubs me the wrong way, because it only goes out to subscribers/fans. It's preaching to the choir and providing absolution.

It’s out on YouTube now too.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1528234-labs-review-of-ltt-video-content-during-the-production-break/

That looks like a pretty high error rate for their labs data

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

So 8 percent of the million dollar lab's videos contained errors so severe that the video warrants being taken down. lol. Money well spent.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A lot of tech bros believe you can automate all testing and learn this lesson the hard way.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Its actually good to see LMG's ability to properly interpret workplace statistics is just as bad as their ability to interpret hardware statistics. At least they're consistent on that front. Stats like average turnover rate over a 10 year period vs the Canadian average as well as average workforce satisfaction are actually dead useless.

Also, Linus' banging on about poo poo like pizza parties and his Summer of Fun is the biggest tell that he's never worked a proper job. I work in a business with 10 people, I get along with most of them, and I can tell you most of us don't want to do poo poo with our co-workers 95% of the time. The 5% of the time we do anything together after work involves alcohol. Which Linus now prohibits because of liability concerns.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

jeffreyw posted:

.... I work in a business with 10 people, I get along with most of them, and I can tell you most of us don't want to do poo poo with our co-workers 95% of the time. The 5% of the time we do anything together after work involves alcohol. Which Linus now prohibits because of liability concerns.

This is the way. :hmmyes:
-----
LMG was fun when i knew nothing... that changed quite some time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pizza parties as a replacement for actual worker benefits has been a running joke among workers for well over a decade