Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rumor is Jonathan Taylor is going to Miami. Would be a home run for those like me who took a shot on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
And misery for my Achnae dynasty pick

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but Ekeler might still be the best keeper option available. That's why I'm looking and seeing if the 7 guys ahead of me have JJ, Chase, Kupp, Hill. Saquon, CMC, Chubb, etc. If 6 of 7 have one guy each I have ranked ahead of Ekeler, there is 0 risk in letting him back in the pool and a chance to upgrade.
Oh yeah I got you... I'm saying I my dumb rear end does not think he's the 8th best player in fantasy regardless of who is kept, even if he is OP's best potential keeper, I dont think he's worth keeping for 8th overall.

timp posted:

Alright, now we're talking. I definitely may be overvaluing Ekeler based on last year. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't paid close attention to anyone except the Panthers during the off-season.
I am just one guy on a dead gay comedy forum so I am not trying to change your mind necessarily, I just want you to have more info/make sure you're aware of whats up.

timp posted:

Looking at the 7 guys before me, I'd say they each have at least one player worth keeping. 1st pick has Derrick Henry, 2nd has Tony Pollard (seems debatable if he'd hang onto him), 3rd's best players are Joe Burrow and Travis Kelce so maybe he doesn't, 4th's best player is Stefon Diggs, 5th has Saquon Barkley, 6th has Ja'Marr Chase, and 7th has Tyreek Hill. Seems somewhat WR heavy and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them doesn't turnover their whole team.
Unfortunately we have to bug you for even more info to advise better, because it will be important to know if like... anyone after 1.9 (including through the 2nd round) is keeping any of the top guys like CMC or JJ that are not listed in your post. Below is how I would look at it based on what you provided:
Pick | Name | If I would keep them at that spot assuming unlisted guys like CMC, JJ, Garrett Wilson, Chubb, Adams are not kept.
1.1 Derrick Henry - no
1.2 Tony Pollard - no
1.3 Kelce - maybe
1.4 Diggs - maybe
1.5 Saquon - yes
1.6 Ja'Marr - yes
1.7 Tyreek - yes
1.8 Ekeler - no
1.9 ??
1.10 ??
1.11 ??
1.12 ??

2nd round ???

I mention the 2nd round because if I understood correctly, 1.12 could keep CMC and JJ if he had both of them (one at 1.12 and the other at 2.1), right?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

first live draft of the year for me, guess the format (ppr/half/std) and league size

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

10 team, standard, final destination, no items

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

10 team, standard, final destination, no items

indeed, 10 team standard

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Unfortunately we have to bug you for even more info to advise better

Alright, let's do this!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

timp posted:

Alright, let's do this!

Thats the poo poo. So did I understand correctly that the guy with pick 9 could keep CMC and JJ for his first and second? If so, thats two guys from before pick 8 that could be gone, increasing the value of you keeping Ekeler. I have to get some actual work done right now but I'll look closer at some point later today.

If so, at first glance, I could see:
3rd pick keeping Kelce and Waddle - one of them for 3rd pick is eh, but both for 1.3 and 2.10 screams value to me, especially if 9th pick gets to keep CMC and JJ
5th pick keeping Saquon and AJB
6th pick keeping Ja'Marr
7th pick keeping Tyreek and Garrett Wilson
9th pick keeping CMC and JJ
10th picking keeping two of: Jacobs, Chubb, DeVonta, Adams

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 29, 2023

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

10th pick could keep Chubb and Kupp.

I don't think Ekeler makes it back to you at 8 (fourth actual pick, third if team 4 keeps Diggs) if you don't keep him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

Rumor is Jonathan Taylor is going to Miami. Would be a home run for those like me who took a shot on him.

welp

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1696613688990458205

Not only is he staying on the Colts he can't even play til week 5 at the earliest

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Not only is he staying on the Colts he can't even play til week 5 at the earliest

F for all of our dead fantasy rosters. It was worth a shot!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whack

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Docjowles posted:

welp

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1696613688990458205

As someone drafting in about an hour and a half, thank you!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

timp posted:

Alright, let's do this!

I keep Ekeler, but not my second. Pollard guy would be dumb to keep his guy. I could see team one decided to keep both Henry and ARSB to ensure he gets ARSB. Team 4 could keep Diggs. I think Kelce at 3 is also a real possibility of being kept. But if we assume the first four guys dont keep anyone, you have the following options
1) Derrick Henry and Sun God
2) Tony Pollard
3) Travis Kelce
4) Stefon Diggs.

I'd be fine with any of Diggs, Kelce, Ekeler, and Bijan, but you'd be stuck with Henry or Pollard over Ekeler. Not sure I take that bet even with his potential regression.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Greatly appreciate all the insights from the thread today. Feeling much better about Austin Ekeler and the Single Keeper Strategy going into tonight

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Does your league have 2 qb starting slots or a qb superflex slot? If not, move qbs way down.

I suspect you are sorting by expected points scored column instead of ranking. Or maybe Yahoo screwed up, they do that sometimes.

No just one QB. I don’t even know how to sort. I go to yahoos pre draft rankings and it’s extremely clunky. Just gives me their ranking and that’s it. So I’ve been moving things around but it’s a poo poo set up. I’ll probably just pull up another sites rankings and use those. Just have to make sure I don’t gently caress up and let auto draft do it’s thing.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
10 team PPR, I already regret signing up for the Kyle Pitts experience.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ugh....Last minute keeper questions for a .5 ppr 14 team league

I can keep three:
Michael Pittman (5th Round)
Cam Akers (6th Round)
Kadarious Toney (7th)
A.J. Dillon (10th)
Jaylen Warren (12th)
Rasheed Shaheed (14th)

I'm leaning Pittman, Akers and Warren or Shaheed but I'm literally just now paying attention.

Edit: I also have the first pick.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 30, 2023

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Anti-Hero posted:

Here's my yearly reminder to myself that Yahoo draft grades are dogshit!

I did find that the generated write up this year was a little more entertaining. It suggested my D+ team, "Tua Lipa", change its name to "Tua Leper" :zombie:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I did find that the generated write up this year was a little more entertaining. It suggested my D+ team, "Tua Lipa", change its name to "Tua Leper" :zombie:

That’s hilarious. Hello fellow D+ drafter.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

10 team QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-W/R/T-W/R/T-5BN-DST-K Draft 0.5PPR

I feel pretty good about my team

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Derrick Henry, Najee Harris, Alexander Mattison, Alvin Kamara, Raheem Mostert
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, Jahan Dotson, Juju-Smith
TE: Goedert
DST: Bills
K: Gay

Thougths?

Now to just figure out a name

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hmmm there should be an AI tool to tell me how I drafted in the style of *rolls wheel* T S Elliott

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I can keep three:
Cam Akers (6th Round)
Kadarious Toney (7th)
A.J. Dillon (10th)
Jaylen Warren (12th)
Rasheed Shaheed (14th)

I'm leaning Pittman, Akers and Warren or Shaheed but I'm literally just now paying attention.

With those keepers, we knew. :v:

Do you have to keep three? I'm honestly not sure any of those guys are worth keeping at their costs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Where do I see the official yahoo grade for my draft?

I’ve only been on mobile since, so maybe I just need to get on the comp

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sataere posted:

Do you have to keep three? I'm honestly not sure any of those guys are worth keeping at their costs.

They're all slight discounts compared to ADP.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I drafted on Wednesday and my league still doesn’t have draft grades up :shrug:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

It usually takes 3 or 4 days, then it'll show up on the main league page.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just open up your league page in your browser on your phone.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I can keep three:
Cam Akers (6th Round)
Kadarious Toney (7th)
A.J. Dillon (10th)
Jaylen Warren (12th)
Rasheed Shaheed (14th)

Even in a 14th teamer, the only player returning value at their ADP is Akers, Pittman is a wash depending on who all gets kept but with 3 keepers each for a 14 teamer it might make sense to just keep him

I'd probably do Akers, Pittman, Dillon. But i wouldn't be happy about it lol

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
From a pure ADP benefit both Dillon and Akers are worth keeping, the rest are more "if you want to" moves. Pittman at 5 seems pretty rich for my taste, but with keepers it is probably near ADP so it comes down to whether you want him or not.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Got pick #1 in PPR snake draft, who do I start with, JJ?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Chernabog posted:

Got pick #1 in PPR snake draft, who do I start with, JJ?

100%

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cool, ty.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I can keep three:
Cam Akers (6th Round)
Kadarious Toney (7th)
A.J. Dillon (10th)
Jaylen Warren (12th)
Rasheed Shaheed (14th)

I guess I can’t do my fading Najee bit without also recommending that you should keep Warren. I think he could easily end up with 50% or more of the RB work and you’re getting him like 8 rounds later.

I kinda agree that the others guys don’t do anything for me and you might just throw them back. Although in a 14 team league with 3 keepers the choices in the 10th on are going to be loving dire so I guess I could see keeping Dillon or something if it saves you from having like JJ Taylor as your RB3.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Well, this is my draft. Let's see how it goes.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chernabog posted:

Well, this is my draft. Let's see how it goes.

Looks good! Especially if Geno is even better with new weapons

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol people getting absolute highway robbery steals with jeudy

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Looks good! Especially if Geno is even better with new weapons

Yeah, I'm a Seattle fan so I wanted to take at least one player and I think last year wasn't a fluke. If it doesn't work out I can always find someone on the WW.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I know it's PPR but chubb and jacobs coming all the way back is insane. How many teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Just did an auction draft where we could keep "up to" four keepers. I'm sure glad i kept four, since my tentative drafting came through yet again.

$300 budget. 12 teams. My WRs are atrocious.
PPR. 1 point per "rushing first down", also. 6 point passing TDs.

QB: Jalen Hurts, kept (48)
RB: Austin Ekeler, kept (59)
RB: Nick Chubb, kept (46)
WR: George Pickens (15)
WR: Tyler Boyd (4)
WR: Hunter Renfrow (2)
TE: Evan Engram (9)
W/R/T: Travis Etienne, kept (22)
W/R/T: Dameon Pierce (33)
SUPERFLEX: Bryce Young (37)
K: Jason Sanders (2)

----
Bench
QB: Sam Howell (12)
RB: Jeff Wilson (2)
RB: Devon Achane (6)
RB: Chuba Hubbard (2)
RB: Tank Bigsby (4)
RB: Deon Jackson (2)
RB: Josh Kelley (2)
RB: Isaiah Spiller (1)
RB: Leonard Fournette (2)
WR: Zay Jones (2)
WR: Darius Slayton (3)
WR: Jalin Hyatt (6)
WR: Jarvis Landry (1)

-----
The first down point for rushing makes a huge difference. It makes RBs like Chubb, Pierce, Ekeler so valuable. PPR makes Ekeler even more valuable. Jalen Hurts is a machine in this setting. I imagine Bryce Young will be too. However... I just about guarantee I'll be trading an RB or three for some WR action. I seem to usually overlook WR, but this is as bad as it has been for me.