Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

REALISM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

kermit is gonna say the n word

"it's not easy being green"
"stfu kermit nobody wants to hear it"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Y-yos Pos Bithhhccc

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

minato posted:

I was working at PlayStation when they launched the Spice Girls PS1 game. They had a launch party on the Thames and "the girls will be there!" so we all went. It turned out to be a group of Spice Girls impersonators called "The Spicey Girls."

:negative:

The sound guy had to work on getting the tracks into the game. He worked in a sound-proof room, but the AC broke in the middle of summer so he had to leave the door open, and he couldn't test with headphones for some reason, so we got to hear days of him iterating on the playback code. Do you know what the edit-compile-test loop for music code sounds like?

"I'lllll TELL you whadda want what I really really wa-"
*pause 30 seconds*
"I'lllll TELL you whadda want what I really-"
*pause 40 seconds*
"I'lllll TELL you whadda want what I really really want, so te-"
*pause 20 seconds*

ALL loving DAY.

It's like your annoying roommate trying to learn guitar who plays the first 3 chords of Smells Like Teen Spirit, fucks it up, and starts again from scratch.

lol spicey girls

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Beeftweeter posted:

nah kermit is cool. he wouldn't do that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Y-yos Pos Bithhhccc

future force?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

When you add 4MB of RAM to your PC

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

minato posted:

It's like your annoying roommate trying to learn guitar who plays the first 3 chords of Smells Like Teen Spirit, fucks it up, and starts again from scratch.
the guy from brunching shuttlecocks had a flash animation of a guy playing 'closer to fine' on an acoustic and he flubs after every single line and every new line was randomized. really captures this insanity

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

🚗📺🎹🏭☕📷🚀🎹🦾📷📠

Sent from my Robert 83Tinney

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

for the last time gnu does not have a silent g!!!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Y-yos Pos Bithhhccc

Clearing my search history

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

minato posted:

I was working at PlayStation when they launched the Spice Girls PS1 game. They had a launch party on the Thames and "the girls will be there!" so we all went. It turned out to be a group of Spice Girls impersonators called "The Spicey Girls."

The sound guy had to work on getting the tracks into the game. He worked in a sound-proof room, but the AC broke in the middle of summer so he had to leave the door open, and he couldn't test with headphones for some reason, so we got to hear days of him iterating on the playback code. Do you know what the edit-compile-test loop for music code sounds like?

*pause 30 seconds*
*pause 40 seconds*
*pause 20 seconds*

ALL loving DAY.

lol

I had a friend that was so into the spice girls she bought the playstation game - she didn’t even have a playstation

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bill sniff would be out of his mind if he were still alive today

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

laserghost posted:

When you add 4MB of RAM to your PC

unironically yes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
bill sniff at 1 gigabit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

unironically yes

there were two unbelieveably good upgrades i did to computers

the first was the jump from 4mb to 8mb of ram in my win3.11 machine

the second was the jump from spinny platter to ssd in my stinkpad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
cool rock pic

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

the guy from brunching shuttlecocks had a flash animation of a guy playing 'closer to fine' on an acoustic and he flubs after every single line and every new line was randomized. really captures this insanity

https://web.archive.org/web/20150906021907/http://brunching.com/yourroommate.html

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
that's the one! ty

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

haveblue posted:

for hate's sake, I spit my last post at thee

i bite my thumb drive at thee

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

the second was the jump from spinny platter to ssd in my stinkpad

stymie enters the chat

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

haveblue posted:

for hate's sake, I poo poo my last post at thee
c'mon it was RIGHT THERE

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I’m getting work to replace my laptop with a 5400rpm spinny drive with something, anything that has a ssd. i asked the IT person to confirm it has a ssd and they said ‘yes all laptops we use have 16gb of ssd memory’

really excited to find out !!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dang those prawns really are unethically sourced tho

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I’m getting work to replace my laptop with a 5400rpm spinny drive with something, anything that has a ssd. i asked the IT person to confirm it has a ssd and they said ‘yes all laptops we use have 16gb of ssd memory’

you need to file a complaint with your local fair labor standards agency. making you use a spinny hdd in 2023 is extremely illegal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

computers are cool as hell you absolute maroon

exhibit A:

i like how the computer is rotated ninety degrees

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hell yeah, bite my whole poo poo in half

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

my acespec rear end when I invite a lady over to “play some board games and drink wine”

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

MrQueasy posted:

my acespec rear end when I invite a lady over to “play some board games and drink wine”

You and me both, death.

(Thanks for the AV material)

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

dumb. posted:

You and me both, death.

(Thanks for the AV material)

skeleton krew growing more powerful everyday

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Mr. Fix It posted:

skeleton krew growing more powerful everyday

:skeltal:

https://i.imgur.com/M3LZiC0.jpg

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MrQueasy posted:

BARONS DISAPPOINTING DATE

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Midjack posted:

BARONS DISAPPOINTING DATE

who gives a poo poo about barons, he doesn't even poast

i want to know about FIVE Gray Rats A Mystery Novelet

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Roosevelt posted:

who gives a poo poo about barons, he doesn't even poast

i want to know about FIVE Gray Rats A Mystery Novelet

go nuts, you theriophile: https://archive.org/details/PopularDetectiveV32N03194705

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

quote:

Charlie Blandin had been a private de¬ tective for forty years. He didn’t look old, too old that is. He just looked an¬ tique. He stood as straight as a hickory ramrod, and had just about that much meat on his frame. Mechanical aids, such as artificial teeth and bifocals, had long ago eliminated the human element in his bony, horselike face.

hell,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

minato posted:

*pause 30 seconds*
*pause 40 seconds*
*pause 20 seconds*

ALL loving DAY.

i bought that game