Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Fish sauce in your scrambled eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
What is a boy to do?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Flying Witch continues to have A+ witch designs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the flying witch vibe where witches are mostly cool, interesting people i'd like to meet. it's a lot less exaggerated than most stories with a worldwide witch population.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Shimeji Simulation. Next chapter the finale.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm so glad Chii and Yuu are still together, after all this eternity

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

This thread got me onto Assassination Classroom and I just finished it earlier this week. Great read, although I was crying quite a lot at the ending.

And TIL about Shimeji Simulation. Girls' Last Tour was great, looking forward to this one.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

ToxicFrog posted:

And TIL about Shimeji Simulation. Girls' Last Tour was great, looking forward to this one.

it's probably set in the same universe too

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Tsumiki Ogami & the Strange Everyday Life

Only 2 chapters so far, but they are good.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
A new chapter of Liar Satsuki is out.

One might make the argument that Seo is justified in killing the student council president. As awful as she is, she's never killed. He, on the other hand, has made at least three serious attempts on her life and obviously has no plans of stopping. Her killing him could be called justifiable self-defense. She tries to kill the student council vice president too, which is less justifiable, but the student council vice president did aid and abet all of the student council president's plans, so she could be considered an accessory to the attempted murders. To be honest, I don't really like the development that Seo is planning mass murder, though. Killing the student council president might be in her best interest; killing a bunch of innocent, unrelated people doesn't benefit her at all and it feels like the author just decided to make her For The Evils to make the story as dramatic as possible as long as possible.

I guess it's a shame that Satsuki can't lie to get people to leave the gym before the roof collapses. Even with her bad reputation, if she made a bomb threat, it would cause an evacuation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

sinky posted:

Tsumiki Ogami & the Strange Everyday Life

Only 2 chapters so far, but they are good.
There are 5 chapters now!! But yeah it's very good so far.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

heres an interesting series, star tripper, planetarium ghost travel.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
oh man, False child is great but drat

https://mangadex.org/title/8283a222-48df-4474-b52a-938444368fb3/false-child

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

series finale of Shimeji Simulation

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/ANGYAMAN/status/1728792944499421248
Red Cat Ramen is going to be getting an anime adaptation.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

:allears: what a great weirdo surrealist manga

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Shimeji Simulation is my single favourite manga and I'm happy it got to wrap up in a satisfying way. There is truly nothing like it. Already excited for whatever tkmiz does next.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Terry van Feleday posted:

Shimeji Simulation is my single favourite manga and I'm happy it got to wrap up in a satisfying way. There is truly nothing like it. Already excited for whatever tkmiz does next.

Hard agree. I wish we got a little more time with Shimeiji and Majime at the end, but we know where things go from here so I am happy with it. A wonderful and strange little tale. TKMZ is a genius

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
SS is a really cool and unique manga and I'm looking forward to whatever tkmz does next.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Soara and the house of monsters.
:kimchi:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the final chapter of Gori-sen, the Type of PE Teacher to Die First in a School Horror Film dropped. I loved this series, as far as a one-joke manga goes, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. The One Joke never got old for me, I was surprised they managed to keep it amusing throughout. There were a few bits that didn't quite hit, but everything moved so briskly it never stayed for too long, and even some of the lesser parts still had some excellent moments(like the "WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS" literal physical shoving of a villain's sad backstory flashback panels off the page by one of the characters when they tried to monologue), and the underlying story sufficed enough to keep a constant conveyor belt of death events for Gori-sen to obliviously smash through no matter what it was. I loved that instead of killing things he'd just drag them off to detention or whatever, and I loved some characters reappearing, like the alien from early on deciding rather than try to take over earth, he'll just work at 7-11 instead because there's no getting past Gori-sen. the art isn't great but it's perfectly passable for communicating what's going on. I love how unrepentantly weird and ugly Gori-sen looks, but he's a great guy anyways.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad Gori-sen finally found love.

Also compare Gori's chapter 1 design to his later design.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite joke was during the zombie apocalypse. gori was oblivious to a helicopter co-pilot turning into a zombie, as usual. but then for the rest of the arc that zombie was part of the group, completely unmentioned.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

the final chapter of Gori-sen, the Type of PE Teacher to Die First in a School Horror Film dropped. I loved this series, as far as a one-joke manga goes, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. The One Joke never got old for me, I was surprised they managed to keep it amusing throughout. There were a few bits that didn't quite hit, but everything moved so briskly it never stayed for too long, and even some of the lesser parts still had some excellent moments(like the "WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS" literal physical shoving of a villain's sad backstory flashback panels off the page by one of the characters when they tried to monologue), and the underlying story sufficed enough to keep a constant conveyor belt of death events for Gori-sen to obliviously smash through no matter what it was. I loved that instead of killing things he'd just drag them off to detention or whatever, and I loved some characters reappearing, like the alien from early on deciding rather than try to take over earth, he'll just work at 7-11 instead because there's no getting past Gori-sen. the art isn't great but it's perfectly passable for communicating what's going on. I love how unrepentantly weird and ugly Gori-sen looks, but he's a great guy anyways.

good comic, thanks

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Get in the goshdarn adorable golem Shinji!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Gori-sen finally found love.

Also compare Gori's chapter 1 design to his later design.
I was like "how much different could it be" since I started reading it years ago and forgot

a loving lot it turns out lmao, chapter 1 -> final chapter

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

I was like "how much different could it be" since I started reading it years ago and forgot

a loving lot it turns out lmao, chapter 1 -> final chapter

They tried to kill him, and it only made him stronger.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh poo poo, Nobel's catgirl manga just updated after quite the hiatus!
In case anyone forgot:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I guess the serialization thing fell through?
E: or I guess it just took a long time to happen?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 5, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Year, new chapter of Flying Witch. Akane continues to be the most powerful person around.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Brought To You By posted:

New Year, new chapter of Flying Witch. Akane continues to be the most powerful person around.

Drunk Akane >>>>>

i love flying witches Wah! faces

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Soara and the monsters home

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress whatever that thing is up Soara. Get revenge for the Goblinbros.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I could read flying witch forever

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Shadow House Shows that the Circus is the most powerful location to train in. There's also something going on with the 3rd floor shadows, Edward has been messed around with before but this is a blatant oddity where evidence is presented but ignored

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Brought To You By posted:

Shadow House Shows that the Circus is the most powerful location to train in. There's also something going on with the 3rd floor shadows, Edward has been messed around with before but this is a blatant oddity where evidence is presented but ignored

My read is they know that he’s using this as a power play and while they need to deal with the situation they don’t want him to be able to claim any credit

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

My read is they know that he’s using this as a power play and while they need to deal with the situation they don’t want him to be able to claim any credit

That's pretty much what's going on based on prelim translations of the following chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's a Hell Lord chapter in 'Tis time for Torture'

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hell Lord remains the best dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey I got covid (fuuuuuck) and I just found this thread because I need stuff to read so thank y'all for all of these recommendations