Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees are so hosed for next year lol. JD is probably out through the all star break and they don't know if he's ready yet or just had a september hot streak and needs another year in the minors. Also none of their other young players have hit AT ALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They need to do an actual rebuild instead of thinking they can retool the team in a month like they always do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RCarr posted:

They need to do an actual rebuild instead of thinking they can retool the team in a month like they always do.

That involves sucking for multiple years and they can't do that in Judge and Cole's prime. There is no way they won't go all out to win 88 games next year even if that is impossible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
People criticized the Yankees for their refusal to rebuild in like 2016 and they went on to win 90+ games every season for five years and 100+ for two of them (not counting the pandemic year)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I agree with both posts but it would benefit them in the long run.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Kyle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They don't have the quality of young position players they had going into 2017 now.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1700720422713761994?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tough but fair

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

many people are saying this

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:hai:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Intruder posted:

Verlander is definitely going in as a Tiger or with a blank hat, one of the two

e: Padres extending Snell is confirmed

https://twitter.com/TalkingFriars/status/1700907903568535974

He'll get paid but get ready for the Carlos Zambrano experience pretty soon.
Snell's ranks among qualified starters in:
BB/9 - Worst
BB% - Worst
WHIP - 19th worst
BABIP - 7th lowest
LOB% (Strand rate) - Highest

So he's relying on his K rate and BABIP a lot more than the average MLB starter. That doesn't make him bad, it just would give me pause for teams playing with subpar defense.
His GB% is about average, so I assume that means he's not benefiting from defense on balls in the air vs ground balls more than the average qualified starter?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder how much Sonny Gray is going to get

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/mlbpipeline/status/1701234976266564005?s=46&t=GzxPDyexeHJ4vzWoffrXDA

RED ALERT

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Grats Cubs fans. May his UCL remain intact :smith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AAAAAAHHHHHH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pete hasn't hit great in AAA but his glove rules and also he is this guy
https://twitter.com/Now_D1/status/1647516541548736512?t=ssRyStr2FzVwpD5yiJHG3Q&s=19

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:yeshaha:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Friendship with Football Season already ended, Maybe Baseball can hold me over until I can be disappointed in the Basketball Season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
PCA rules.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

STAC Goat posted:

Even the jesting mention of the possibility of Trout becoming an Astro has me viscerally upset.

Jest? I just want Mike Trout to be part of a quality org that gives him the best chance to showcase his talent and win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Again, trout is signed for 7x35 starting in 2024 and he hasn't had a healthy season in 4 years. NO ONE is taking that contract. The Angels would give him literally to any team for free who would be willing to take it but no one is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that the Rockies offloaded Nolan Arenado to the Cardinals and PAID THEM 50 MILLION DOLLARS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Again, trout is signed for 7x35 starting in 2024 and he hasn't had a healthy season in 4 years. NO ONE is taking that contract. The Angels would give him literally to any team for free who would be willing to take it but no one is.

Welcome to the San Diego Padres Mike Trout

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder how much Sonny Gray is going to get

There was definitely a twins beat story I read that made it sound like he was considering retiring since he has his service time in and has been an all-star in three entirely different phases of his career. It had the "spend some time with my kids" line, which makes me wonder.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Twins giving him 2-3 years at whatever he asks, if he asks.

Honestly, this year's free agent class has a *lot* of SPs I could see hanging it up. I'm curious to see what all of them decide to do and where they land. (And I mean after Shohei.)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

Reminder that the Rockies offloaded Nolan Arenado to the Cardinals and PAID THEM 50 MILLION DOLLARS
and everyone agreed it was a very dumb move

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like Gray could get 100 million over 4-5 years if he wants. He has an era+ of 136 over his last 5 seasons. Only knock on him is he doesn't pitch very deep but I still think he's worth at least 20 million per season (and I think that's low).

I think its something like 3/75 to something like 5/110.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

Then immediately paid Kris Bryant

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

nm wrong thread.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

He better actually get to play, if PCA got called up just so Ross can have him wallow on the bench like Canario I'm going to lose my poo poo (even more so than usual).

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

mcmagic posted:

A Mike Trout and Bryce Harper 60 million dollar platoon DH spot in 2030 before they go into the hall together as Phillies.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

maybe I'm delusional, but he's Mike Trout. Get him away from the Angels curse and with some better medical staff, maybe move him to RF, and I think he'll be worth the remainder of his contract.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bawfuls posted:

usually those kind of players don't get traded

Longo :smith:

In other “open the vault you penis wrinkle” news Stu says the team is willing to put up $600 million for the $1.2 billion stadium plan.

He says he’s open to selling minority stakes to raise funding and we already know a local Tampa zillionaire (the DEX Imaging guy) was trying to put together an offer for the whole team recently when the Montreal crap started.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cubs fans please contact a doctor if it lasts more than four hours.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

He better actually get to play, if PCA got called up just so Ross can have him wallow on the bench like Canario I'm going to lose my poo poo (even more so than usual).

It sounds like he'll just be a pinch runner and defensive replacement. I forgot they brought Canario up for some reason.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I got nothing left to care about this year so I hope PCA sucks rear end

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

It sounds like he'll just be a pinch runner and defensive replacement. I forgot they brought Canario up for some reason.

Tachman has come back down to earth and has been putting up awful numbers at the plate so it would be cool to see if PCA could do some cool poo poo in center, but lol if Ross is ever going to play a rookie.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bees x1000 posted:

maybe I'm delusional, but he's Mike Trout. Get him away from the Angels curse and with some better medical staff, maybe move him to RF, and I think he'll be worth the remainder of his contract.

The Angels are a garbage org but I'm starting to wonder how many of them actually have *good* medical/training staffs. (Staves? What's the plural of a staff of people?) Like obviously some are worse than others, but is there like a whisper network among the players of who the better team docs are? About who has the best facilities?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1701298515505201193

Incredible betrayal of the Twins here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
She was also the cheerleader's mom in Heroes.