Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
$187/200 was spent for Puka in my BML.

Does sleeper even show the other bids, I can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Should I pick up Puka to replace Waddle right now? 10 team PPR no bench league.

Also, should I get Hunter Henry to replace Goedert? Mac Jones seems to really like throwing to him and Goedert only got one target last week. Can also get Higbee, but he seems just ok.

Under no circumstances should you replace Waddle

I wouldn’t drop Goedert for Henry either but it’s more defensible I guess. I think he just happened to have a down week vs a great Pats D

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm hoping Goedert finally shows up. He scored 0 week 1 and even Jalen Hurts didn't have a great week. I'm playing the 2nd best team in my league this week and I really can't have someone do nothing. I don't expect to have a great mid-season, with matchups and byes I think week 5 through week 9 are all losses.

I did manage to pick up Allgeier on waivers, but I'm not sure if I should run him over Amari Cooper on my flex spot.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

EconDad posted:

$200 out of $250 budget for Justice Hill is the only way to win your league. Ask whoever did it in one of my keep-four auction leagues.

:lol: I got him for free this morning after no one claimed him. I actually tied for both Kelley and Gus but lost because they were farther down I'm my faab order.

Got Puka for 28% :getin:

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 13, 2023

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Click on the dollar amount the player went for, where it says how many bids there were on the player

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Drunk Nerds posted:

It should when you click on the right side of your league chat. It should have the dollar amount and how many bids were made.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thank you!

Got Kelley for $90 and the next highest bid was
81!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gobias Ind. posted:

The trick with Yahoo is to get your claims in on Monday night or early Tuesday before your player's status is changed to Q. The claims will process without removing your guy from IR.

Wait can’t you explain this more? I don’t quite get it.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Picked up Puka for $13/$60, with other bids being $11, $9, $6 and $2.

Also got Josh Kelley for $8/$60 with the other bid at $5.

Probably paid a bit too much, but I think the talent is evident in both of them.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 13, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Got Puka for 35% when 4 others bid on him in a 12-team :toot:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Also, why are there people in my leagues picking up Tom Brady??? My dudes, ain't no way is he ever going to play for the Jets.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Missed out on Puka, winning bid was 325 of 1000.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Put in your waiver claims before Yahoo changes your injured players designation from Out to Questionable

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Good God some of your leagues are freaking crazy with FAAB spending

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dango Bango posted:

Good God some of your leagues are freaking crazy with FAAB spending

Counterpoint: after week 1 is by far the best time to use a hefty chunk of your FAAB. Fewer happy surprises as the season goes along.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I need Ekeler to be healthy!!!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I blew a lot of cash on Puka ($43 of $100).

I hope he remains relevant after Kupp but my WR's are the dregs and I'll happily take 4 weeks of performance from a waiver guy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Ornery and Hornery posted:

RCarr posted:

Put in your waiver claims before Yahoo changes your injured players designation from Out to Questionable

Yeah, this. Once the player changes to Q (sometime on Tuesday) then you can't place any waiver claims until you have a legal roster.
But you if you placed the claim before he changed to Q then Yahoo will still honour and process it.

I got Puka on waivers this morning despite Kelce being a Q in my IR slot because I put in the claim when he was still marked as O.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Goedert will get the ball, I'm holding him

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I need him to do something, because if he scores 0 again this week i'm pretty sure I lose.

Whats the advice on running a player almost against yourself. Like I have Tyler Allgeier, but he's playing against the Cowboys this week (my defense). Should I try and avoid that?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Facing the Burrow / Mixon / Chase stack this weekend, here's hoping they don't remember how to play football before Sunday

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I need him to do something, because if he scores 0 again this week i'm pretty sure I lose.

Whats the advice on running a player almost against yourself. Like I have Tyler Allgeier, but he's playing against the Cowboys this week (my defense). Should I try and avoid that?

I've asked that last year, and the advice was play your best dudes possible. Homies gonna put up points whether you slot them or not. If you feel Allgeier is a bad match up against Dallas, base your decision to start him on that, not the fact that you also roster the Dallas DST.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

The Cowboys face the Jets this week

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

And I'm facing their owner in my league this week. I'm completely hosed already.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Cowboys play the Jets this week.

But yeah, in theory just play the best lineup possible. Maybe if you have a coin flip decision between a player facing your D and one who isn't, you could let that help your decision. But it's usually not a factor.

Efb!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I made ZERO waiver moves because my teams are perfect and also because none of them fell to me

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well yea, but i'm talking in the sense of running 1 of your roster against another person (or in this case, defense) on your roster. You almost bet against yourself. Either they both have great games or 1 of them really out performs the other, affecting your total score.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If you think Allgeier is going to outscore all of your other options, then you start him. If think there's someone on your bench that will outscore him, then you play that guy.

If you were streaming defenses then it would maybe be something to think about, but you're obviously keeping and starting the Cowboys, so start the guy that is going to score the most points, even if it's against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will score what they score whether you start Allgeier or not, so your decision is just "which guy on my bench is gonna score the most points this week?"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I got Puka and Kelly for a combined 30% of my FAAB. I am an ekeler owner so it seemed like a no brainer

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also the giants backfield moved the ball pretty well for that first drive until all four wheels flew off.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you think Allgeier is going to outscore all of your other options, then you start him. If think there's someone on your bench that will outscore him, then you play that guy.

If you were streaming defenses then it would maybe be something to think about, but you're obviously keeping and starting the Cowboys, so start the guy that is going to score the most points, even if it's against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will score what they score whether you start Allgeier or not, so your decision is just "which guy on my bench is gonna score the most points this week?"

coronaball posted:

Maybe if you have a coin flip decision between a player facing your D and one who isn't, you could let that help your decision. But it's usually not a factor.

Yeah pretty much this. I totally hear what you're saying about capping your upside, but this isn't DFS, you don't get to pick from the entire universe of players. You can only play who you have. Like I would not go down from Allgeier to Devin Singletary just because I happened to have the defense that's facing Allgeier. They can both have good days (Ridder throws a pick 6 for example).

If I'm deciding between 2 dudes or 2 defenses who project similarly then sure that can be the tie breaker. But don't make an objectively worse play just because it doesn't correlate perfectly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol congrats to everyone who put up huge FAAB bids for Gainwell.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
With gainwell out swift will surely see more than two touches this week *boston scott proceeds to get 23 carries*

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Motherfucker! I just dropped Swift for Allgeier :argh:

e: although the guy who won Gainwell spent 1/4 of his budget. Ha.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: McCaffrey, Kenneth Walker, Jamaal Williams, Roschon Johnson, Gainwell
WR: G. Wilson, K. Allen, DHopkins, Pickens, Smith Njigba, Zay Flowers

Counter trade made by trade partner

Christian Watson and AJ Dillon for Garrett Wilson and Kenneth Gainwell.

Accept?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Green Gloves posted:

My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: McCaffrey, Kenneth Walker, Jamaal Williams, Roschon Johnson, Gainwell
WR: G. Wilson, K. Allen, DHopkins, Pickens, Smith Njigba, Zay Flowers

Counter trade made by trade partner

Christian Watson and AJ Dillon for Garrett Wilson and Kenneth Gainwell.

Accept?

I'd smash this

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dango Bango posted:

I'd smash this

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Thanks yall I smashed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cowboys defense already getting 16 points from Yahoo against NYJ lol.