Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Bald Stalin posted:

Cash can't go away until there's a suitable alternative for the bourgeoisie to pay for drugs and sex workers.

Drug dealers in hipster neighborhoods start bringing back wooden nickels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Overdog posted:

I guess some loving cash cards are ultimately better than convincing idiot people on some final solution of bleach and bug spray, but then you have to touch a keypad that thousands of people have touched vs. some cash that maybe dozens of people have touched since it came out the bank. But oh no you might have to touch hands with somebody who makes less money than you. If nobody ever had to touch anybody else we might all become immortal.

Are you okay?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

Yeah it's Wisconsin. I checked their website and pitchers are $17 for craft beer. A pint here in Boston is $10 minimum.

there's a reason us midwesterners are infamous for drinking and driving

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I am splendid sugarpuff, you?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Overdog posted:

I guess some loving cash cards are ultimately better than convincing idiot people on some final solution of bleach and bug spray, but then you have to touch a keypad that thousands of people have touched vs. some cash that maybe dozens of people have touched since it came out the bank. But oh no you might have to touch hands with somebody who makes less money than you. If nobody ever had to touch anybody else we might all become immortal.

This reminds me of when I used to work retail. We had a fairly large number of Orthodox Jewish customers and they would never hand you the cash directly, they'd always place it down somewhere and you had to pick it up. I just thought they were rude until someone pointed out the whole gentile thing. Still found it kind of rude TBH.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bertha the Toaster posted:

This reminds me of when I used to work retail. We had a fairly large number of Orthodox Jewish customers and they would never hand you the cash directly, they'd always place it down somewhere and you had to pick it up. I just thought they were rude until someone pointed out the whole gentile thing. Still found it kind of rude TBH.

Is it more hygienic to receive rear end pennies directly from someone's hand, or off any other surface?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I wonder what the policy is on the privacy flaps on the card readers that store weeks worth of customer bacteria? I went into a shrink's office and told them I thought people were constantly trying to steal my PIN everywhere I go all the time and man you wouldn't BELIEVE the loving pills I got from them, hooo boy.

Overdog fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 13, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Overdog posted:

I am splendid sugarpuff, you?

More like Overreact

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think there are reasons other than germs that no one wants to be near you, Overreact.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I used cash when I went to a bar because it's the best way to not spend too much.

Also I saved up 700€ in my piggybank by only paying with banknotes.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think there are reasons other than germs that no one wants to be near you, Overreact.

Because I rub card reader machine flap bacteria all over my gums? That's ridiculous, it's just one thing that I do so I can feel safe and it's not a turnoff for people I don't have to kiss.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Last time I was at a pub crawl we all used the new (at the time) sacagawea coins to pay (it was pirate themed) and it was so much easier than paper money or card paying I just did that for a while.

Normalize Coin Dollars is what i'm saying.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

PUT THE loving BANK CARD MICROCHIP IN MY rear end CHEEK ALREADY! If they ain't take AssPay, I ain't shopping there. :dukedog:

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I just store the coins in my rear end. I'm being my own bank.

Edit: just got backdoor hacked somehow

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Seven Force posted:

I just store the coins in my rear end. I'm being my own bank.

Edit: just got backdoor hacked somehow

AssPay is instructing you to use ClenchSecure to protect your assets.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't used physical money in years. Kinda just stopped being a thing during COVID.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They should make it so you can tap the bill against the screen to pay

You got a twenty? Tap it on the screen. I don't know how the rest works, you figure that poo poo out.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

In :canada: the thought of anyone else touching my credit card kind of wigs me out. Restaurants and bars bring the Interac machine to your table. No one takes your poo poo out of your sight. If they need to hold something for security they usually take your driver's license or health card, some form of ID, not anything that can be charged for money.

When Rogers went down and killed internet across most of the country for half a day it took out all the Interac machines and it was basically a retail apocalypse.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Use cash at a minimum to tip at bars and restaurants. The employees get that money

If you use a card the owners skim some of the tip off the top

Plus they dont get that money then they get it in their check which they rarely ever cash cuz it's for a week of 5$ an hour if that

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Tagra posted:

In :canada: the thought of anyone else touching my credit card kind of wigs me out. Restaurants and bars bring the Interac machine to your table. No one takes your poo poo out of your sight. If they need to hold something for security they usually take your driver's license or health card, some form of ID, not anything that can be charged for money.
Yeah why would I give some random bar a 16 digit number with my name on it when I could give them my driver's license that has enough PII to steal my identity

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

verbal enema posted:

Use cash at a minimum to tip at bars and restaurants. The employees get that money

Plus they dont get that money then they get it in their check which they rarely ever cash cuz it's for a week of 5$ an hour if that

This likely depends on state, where I live it's illegal to skim any of the card tip even if it's to cover the processing fee. The owner has to eat it.
Whether it's followed or not is a different story but that would be grounds to sue for wage theft.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/NU7VO2H.mp4

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Soul Dentist posted:

More like Overreact

Malachite_Dragon posted:

receiving pleasure from the pain goons apparently feel from overdog's *checks notes* sarcasm

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Drug dealers in hipster neighborhoods start bringing back wooden nickels

The drug dealers outside the Printworks venue in London had portable contactless card readers earlier this year.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RDM posted:

Yeah why would I give some random bar a 16 digit number with my name on it when I could give them my driver's license that has enough PII to steal my identity
why would you do either of those things? :psyduck:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s0kf8pXGyz1uk10e9.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rmb14qQ3Ai1r0uzl6.mp4

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

china bot posted:

receiving pleasure from the pain goons apparently feel from overdog's *checks notes* sarcasm

sarcasm is dead

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Extra Schadenfreude on the owner of the car (assuming it belongs to someone else). You get pissed at your car being presumably broken in, only to find this video much later revealing that it wasn't even broken for any goddamn worthwhile reason.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

cant stop watching this, the cut is perfect

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Wee posted:

I haven't used physical money in years. Kinda just stopped being a thing during COVID.

I started levitating my purchase items and mind-beaming doors open just to be safe. Spraying down ugly, sickly looking people with lysol too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
almost everywhere is cashless these days. big box store aren't, but smaller stores, many restaurants, and almost every concert venue has been cashless for a while now

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Philthy posted:

almost everywhere is cashless these days. big box store aren't, but smaller stores, many restaurants, and almost every concert venue has been cashless for a while now

gently caress yeah, free poo poo. :dukedog:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

verbal enema posted:

bar and wait staff universally process their cc slips themselves before they leave, at least in my experience here in Wisconsin. They would instantly know if anything was off.

The tip is handwritten, they have to input that information by hand into the POS. No one wants to do it for someone else, it's an expected part of your shift job duties.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awf45u6zrP0

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Lauren Boebert got kicked out of beetlejuice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moz-nzdOSaA

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I tip in cash so the person I tip can decide if they want to pay taxes on it or not I ain't a cop.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I sense a tipping derail incoming...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Philthy posted:

Weed store is cash only

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

pixaal posted:

Weed store is cash only

My usual is right across the street from my bank, and both are easy biking distance. Sometimes things work out okay for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pixaal posted:

Weed store is cash only

Only because it's hard to get a business account for your weed store until the uncertainty around the interaction of state and federal laws is resolved

Weed stores would love to take electronic payments if any bank was willing to let them

Unless by "weed store" you mean "this guy I know"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heh

you guys wanna tip?

heres a tip....

when youre heating something in the microwave, place a little cup of water in there with the item,
the steam it makes will help heat it more evenly and prevent it from losing moisture