Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If I were the Orioles I would simply score runs against back to back pitchers with 8 ERAs but clearly they have different priorities.

https://twitter.com/afkostka/status/1702143630285185063?t=VzG017mzytXn4CMAFQIQ7w&s=19

This is exciting, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Do not even ask posted:

bad and boring most importantly

thank god the nfl season started so i don't have to watch those useless fucks anymore

It's been apparent for a while that this Jays team is not a contender. Absolutely no spine when the going gets tough

So excited for hockey season!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

AlbertFlasher posted:

jays are bad

i cannot wait for Shapiro and Atkins to get jettisoned from the organization

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I am imagining all these Jays fans looking forward to football or hockey season are also Maple Leafs fans :yeshaha:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

bravesword posted:

There’s a contingent of Braves fans who just absolutely despise Snitker and think literally anyone else could manage them better, and I just don’t understand it at all. His teams have done nothing but win, his players clearly love him and play hard for him day in and day out, and there’s never been even a whisper of clubhouse drama — but I’m supposed to hate him because he hits Sean Murphy seventh instead of sixth or puts in a reliever who didn’t have it that day?

To me, the guy is clearly the second-best manager in franchise history.

There's an argument to be made that Snitker's the best manager in baseball. I used to really dislike how he'd get on Acuna but it seems to be working out.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

thehoodie posted:

It's been apparent for a while that this Jays team is not a contender. Absolutely no spine when the going gets tough

I'll say this for the 2023 Twins -- they may struggle to pull away from .500, but they are EXTREMELY dogged at staying above it. I don't remember any extended losing streaks this year longer than about 5. This squad may be flawed but it definitely has SOME spine.

Now if only I could will them to win out the entire rest of the year with my mind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

Love the gloom and doom for the AL West/Wild Card teams. It’s gonna be a fun two weeks :justpost:

Imagine not being good enough to simply have your division wrapped up in mid-September

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I never doubted the Rangers for a second

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/KPRC2Ari/status/1702048539625259022

He also threw a light bullpen session. This is shocking because I was sure he was headed for ankle surgery

Bregor
May 31, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Imagine not being good enough to simply have your division wrapped up in mid-September

lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

i cannot wait for Shapiro and Atkins to get jettisoned from the organization

Monkey paw curls as Kenny Williams is hired

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I never doubted the Rangers for a second

If the Rangers make the postseason, and that's still a big if to me, their pitching rotation will be the one legged man in an rear end kicking contest.

Oh well, I'd still be curious to see how they do. One big fluke of a season, a season derailed by injuries, or will they find a way to regain the good vibes of "oh poo poo we didn't expect this level of success this soon" they had for the majority of the season?

I'm still on the fence about em. It'd be nice if the bats were officially waking back up though.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Bregor posted:

I am imagining all these Jays fans looking forward to football or hockey season are also Maple Leafs fans :yeshaha:

haha ya.... :smith:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Oh, it's about to get better. After Texas completes their sweep tomorrow, the Jays have their final 15 games against AL East opponents. So far the Jays are 12-25 (.324) against the AL East. There's a small, but very real possibility that the Jays will lose 19 games in a row to end the season and finish just below .500. I would not put it past them.

This is entirely believable. They played so bad last night it's unreal.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

thehoodie posted:

So excited for hockey season!

let me tell you about the maple leafs

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'm still on the fence about em. It'd be nice if the bats were officially waking back up though.
Corey Seager October Beast Mode Incomming

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

man. Charlie is either extremely emotional in this moment or got tipsy FAST after that game off the clubhouse champagne

https://twitter.com/BravesOnBally/status/1702306206096724194

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cubs fans, I will bandwagon the hell outta the Cubs once the Jays fully poo poo all over themselves. But not until then.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Cubs fans, I will bandwagon the hell outta the Cubs once the Jays fully poo poo all over themselves. But not until then.

Well that assumes the Cubs won't also poo poo all over themselves down the stretch.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well I'm not gonna bandwagon any other teams!!!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I would bandwagon the Jays, but the thought of Vlad killing both my fantasy baseball and actual playoff baseball teams simultaneously may be too much for me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Vlad Guerrero Jr good? Many people are asking........

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well I'm not gonna bandwagon any other teams!!!

Welcome, friend, complementary towels on the left for when the Cubs poo poo all over the place.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Is Vlad Guerrero Jr good? Many people are asking........

Get rid of all the dumb fucks running the team and we’ll find out, he’s still only 24.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gerblederp posted:

Get rid of all the dumb fucks running the team and we’ll find out, he’s still only 24.

What does who is running the team have anything to do with his production falling off a cliff?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably not the best week to post this but starting today you can register for the lottery to buy Cubs playoff tickets if they don't fuckin blow it

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

What does who is running the team have anything to do with his production falling off a cliff?

I hate them, don’t preach to me about rationality.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This Wesneski guy is really trying my patience.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

bawfuls posted:

Corey Seager October Beast Mode Incomming

He's been playing out of his mind. If he didn't lose 40+ games to injury then we could at least have pretended that the AL MVP vote wasn't going to be unanimous this year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

This Wesneski guy is really trying my patience.

I mean it'd also be nice if Taillon could stop doing the thing where he looks unhittable for 3-4 innings and then just spontaneously forgets how to throw any pitches besides "completely uncompetitive ball" or "middle-middle BP".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1702358743835382178?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

Is he the guy that traded mookie

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Chaim Bloom was my favorite Star Wars character

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

As an Orioles fan this is frustrating

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I imagine trading Mookie was a condition of him taking the job

But still, lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bloom's done a decent to good job of rebuilding the farm system, but the pro team has been wet rear end so this isn't too surprising

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I imagine trading Mookie was a condition of him taking the job

But still, lol

Yeah I have some vague memories of the Sox having issues finding candidates last time, presumably because dumping Mookie was a requirement

Bungling the Bogaerts extension was all him, though

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lost Season posted:

Yeah I have some vague memories of the Sox having issues finding candidates last time, presumably because dumping Mookie was a requirement

Bungling the Bogaerts extension was all him, though

I soured on him because of how he handled the trade deadline. The Red Sox aren't doing anything this year, why not just have a fire sale and bring in some prospects?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Gerblederp posted:

I hate them, don’t preach to me about rationality.

lol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bregor posted:

Chaim Bloom was my favorite Star Wars character

Sounds like JK Rowling naming a goblin banker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Blake Snell is gonna be the worst pitcher ever to have two Cy Youngs.