Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ayudo posted:

If Tyjae Spears is out there and Herbert isn't ever making your flex, I don't see a problem in dumping him. The Bears won't make you regret it.

Pretty much where I’m at lol. He may edge out Williams a little bit just comparing players, and not that I’m confident in the Broncos but yeah, I really would not be confident in starting a Bears player in a Bye week or filling in for an injured player. Maybe I’ll give it a week or two and see who’s the better drop between the two and scoop up Spears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I’m in a league that requires a $1 minimum to pick up players, so you can’t just blow all your FAAB on one guy, you have to anticipate how much you’ll need for bye week pickups and late season inactive, etc. I kinda like it TBH

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t blame anyone for spending up on Jerome Ford but it’s gonna feel real bad when the Browns wind up resigning Hunt

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Freaquency posted:

I don’t blame anyone for spending up on Jerome Ford but it’s gonna feel real bad when the Browns wind up resigning Hunt

I think Ford is good enough not to have his value completely tank when they sign Hunt. He's going to get a lot of touches and I think he's just a better player than Hunt is at this point in their careers. There is a reason no one signed Hunt.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a rule of thumb of mine: you should prioritize playing time/targets/security with your starting rb at this point in the season, and outside of a very obvious handcuff to one of your injury-prone starters, you should prioritize talent on your rb bench.

take spears over all of those mediocre backups. the dalvin cooks and herberts of the world aren't going to potentially win you weeks later on, especially in the playoffs weeks. they're just going to get you 5pt or whatever when you need max upside. load up on spears and hope he plays a bigger role and unleashes all hell in like week 16.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I think Ford is good enough not to have his value completely tank when they sign Hunt. He's going to get a lot of touches and I think he's just a better player than Hunt is at this point in their careers. There is a reason no one signed Hunt.

Lol my friend took Hunt in the draft with his final pick and we all laughed at him and he was like he’s gonna sign somewhere eventually! Then he dropped him last week and I saw he quietly picked him back up again this morning

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, wouldn't be too worried about hunt. the browns literally already chose ford over him, so...that should tell you everything. hunt'll spell ford and get like 5 carries/game for now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hunt looks kind of washed too so that's just a backup role

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I get the vibe a lot of folk are thinking of 2017-2020 Hunt and not the Hunt we saw last year

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Ugh, same guy that got Puka last week just picked up Ford this week. I gotta stop tinkering with kickers and TE so I can climb the wire.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Master Stur posted:

I get the vibe a lot of folk are thinking of 2017-2020 Hunt and not the Hunt we saw last year

He’s not this year’s Jamaal Williams I agree.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Gotta question for you all. Do you like the move of picking up Jamaal Williams in place of Dalvin Cook?

Cook hasn't done poo poo this year, I haven't started him once thankfully, but he HAS gotten a decent number of opportunities, and if Breece Hall happens to get hurt he'll be the unquestioned lead back for the Jets.

Jamaal Williams is kind of similar though, he's injured but he's gonna get tons of goal line carries and probably a decent amount of normal rushing work. That being said I believe Kamara comes back soon, Williams is currently injured and may not start this week, etc. etc.

Really they are both kinda poo poo choices but wondering if anyone has a thought about this.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Ugh, same guy that got Puka last week just picked up Ford this week. I gotta stop tinkering with kickers and TE so I can climb the wire.

Yeah I make way too many moves. Every week I make multiple moves. Makes it hard to get the top targets on the waiver wire, but on the other hand it's a part of the game that's very fun for me so I refuse to stop.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm feeling pretty decent about this week and not overthinking poo poo. I think I've set my line up about as best I can and am going in with:

QB: Jalen Hurts
RB: Alexander Mattison
RB: Tyler Allgeier
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: CeeDee Lamb
TE: Dallas Goedert
Flex: Amari Cooper
D/ST: Cowboys

I've got Rhamondre Stevenson, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Daniel Jones and Zach Charbonnet on my bench. Just gonna check before games in case there happens to be an injury or something.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Turns out my league's first year with FAAB everyone is very conservative so out of $150 I got Puka for 50 and Kyren for 30 last week, and this week Ford for 51 (after losing Chubb). So while I'm almost out of FAAB now it's looking like it will be worth it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Missed out on Ford but my Chubb-less opponent this week did, too. Win-ish/win!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and here is the reason you draft a top te, a good def, and a decent kicker. you want these positions to be as set-it-and-forget-it as possible, otherwise they'll slowly nibble you down on waivers/faab and prevent you from bidding on the positions that turn over and matter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm bidding to pick up Jerome Ford and if that doesn't work, Tyjae Spears. In both situations I'm full on dropping Jamaal Williams. The injury sounds like it is going to linger and then Kamara is back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I'm bidding to pick up Jerome Ford and if that doesn't work, Tyjae Spears. In both situations I'm full on dropping Jamaal Williams. The injury sounds like it is going to linger and then Kamara is back.

Yep. Unless Kamara gets hurt, Williams was my stopgap until he came back, and even then I’m expecting Miller to be worked in. As a Saints fan, I’m comfortable dropping Williams for now until he shows something more.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Missed out on Ford but my Chubb-less opponent this week did, too. Win-ish/win!

Our Chubb guy got Jerome Ford, but it was about the best thing for him. He's just been dismantled, week after week, and he's a British guy thats new to FF, so it's kind of fair he got Ford. I don't want anyone have to have a bad time.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Sorry, that was also me. I've now spent 100% of my FAAB between Puka and Ford and I don't regret it.

Bids for Ford this week (out of $60): 38, 36, 33, 23, 22, 10, 8, 7, 1

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Who’s the best bet for ROS, Ford or K. Williams?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I want to pick up Spears in my 1PPR Yahoo Keeper league.

QB: Hurts
RB: CMC, King Henry, Rhamondre Stevenson, James Conner, Rachaad White, Charbonnet, Hunt
WR: Tee Higgins, Christian Watson, Mike Williams, Dotson, Jakobi Meyers

I'm pretty thin at WR so I'm thinking its Charbs for Spears?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Our Chubb guy got Jerome Ford, but it was about the best thing for him. He's just been dismantled, week after week, and he's a British guy thats new to FF, so it's kind of fair he got Ford. I don't want anyone have to have a bad time.

Our Chubb guy has had a lot of success at FF and likes to brag about it, so I had zero qualms about trying to hardball him out of Ford.

But best of luck to your British friend at fantasy football gridiron

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hunt did sign with the Browns btw. I missed out on Ford in a couple leagues but he was a luxury / griefing others add on these teams anyway. Usually nobody spends poo poo in these but one dude spent $75 on him after Puka and Kyren went for like $20 each last week. loving FAAB, how does it work?

My main league runs waivers tonight, a day later than normal, which I freaking love because often that extra day of info helps so much. I wish that was the default. Really unsure how much to dump on Ford now that we know for certain Hunt is in the mix. I actually do need an RB here so I am probably going to bid high even if the role is uncertain. I agree with others that Hunt is probably a pure backup at this stage. If he still had anything left he wouldn't be a free agent in week 3.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Floofy posted:

Williams. Akers is nowhere to be seen and the Rams offense looks pretty good so far.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Would you rather have Ford or Kyren Williams ROS? Full PPR

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Floofy posted:

williams. he'll catch more balls than ford, the rams' coaches love him, and he just showed you he can put up big numbers against arguably the best run defense in the league. plus, if kupp comes back, that'll free up even more space for him.

ford looked good and explosive, but i just don't like the team context nearly as much, and i don't think ford will see the passes williams does.

that said, i think there's an argument for ford. the browns love running more than the rams and they have a better o-line, at least last season.

but i definitely am taking williams in this debate.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah 1000% Kyren, he's locked into a role and performing whereas Ford has a number of question marks. Also Browns.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is AJ Dillon even worth holding onto at this point? It looks like Aaron Jones will be back this week and it's not like Dillon did anything with his opportunity anyway. My RBs are a mess, I have Kyren Williams and Rachaad White starting, and my bench is Mattison, Dillon, Montgomery, and Spears, and I picked up Breida and Hunt this morning as lottery tickets, plus Jonathan Taylor sitting in my IR slot. I'm coasting along on my WRs and hoping that someone manages to hit and/or JT comes back soon after week 5, but am I better served dropping Dillon (or any of those other guys) for someone who could work his way into a starting RB spot, like Jaylen Warren or Roschon Johnson?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

aj dillon is just bad. i would rather roster, and do roster, emanuel wilson, who looked very, very good in preseason. easy to see wilson overtaking dillon in the next couple of weeks. might even be able to trade dillon for spears or a good backup, which you should do 1000 times out of 1000.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Is AJ Dillon even worth holding onto at this point? It looks like Aaron Jones will be back this week and it's not like Dillon did anything with his opportunity anyway. My RBs are a mess, I have Kyren Williams and Rachaad White starting, and my bench is Mattison, Dillon, Montgomery, and Spears, and I picked up Breida and Hunt this morning as lottery tickets, plus Jonathan Taylor sitting in my IR slot. I'm coasting along on my WRs and hoping that someone manages to hit and/or JT comes back soon after week 5, but am I better served dropping Dillon (or any of those other guys) for someone who could work his way into a starting RB spot, like Jaylen Warren or Roschon Johnson?

I'm a Packers fan and dropped Dillon with extreme prejudice after last weekend. He doesn't even have handcuff value. Drop him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

abelwingnut posted:

and here is the reason you draft a top te, a good def, and a decent kicker. you want these positions to be as set-it-and-forget-it as possible, otherwise they'll slowly nibble you down on waivers/faab and prevent you from bidding on the positions that turn over and matter.

Or just wait until waivers clear and grab someone out of FA. 90% of the time, you're going to get who you want or an equivalent replacement since all of those positions are weekly coinflips after the top tier.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm a Packers fan and dropped Dillon with extreme prejudice after last weekend. He doesn't even have handcuff value. Drop him.

Speaking of the Packers is Christian Watson going to freaking play this season? Not hearing anything about him whatsoever. Dude is just chilling in my IR as perpetually Questionable

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Currently holding onto two RB lotto tickets: Tyjae Spears and Elijah Mitchell. (Three if you count Zack Moss)

However after Mitchell was a total no-show last week I'm wondering if he has value even as an insurance policy or if he's chum to cut for the bench space.

I've got my two IR slots full with Brandon Cooks and Ekeler but I'm eventually going to need to make room to bring them back. (Well, Ekeler anyway. Cooks might be a straight drop)

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
QB: Cousins
RB: Ekeler,Mixon,Mosert,White,Perine,Hill,Ford
WR: Lamb,Godwin,Watson,Brown
TE:Hock
QB:Herbert
RB:Henry,Swift,Achane,Hunt,Warren
WR:Metcalf,Aiyuk,Flowers,Burks,Bourne,Jones
TE: Waller
The bottom team lost Chubb and are looking for RB help. Full ppr with 1 flex. Should I try Hill and Ford for Metcalf then counter with Aiyuk if it doesn't fly?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of sad because I remember when he looked very good, so much so that people were calling for him to take over for Aaron Jones. He was a perennial late-round pick for me that I was always happy to grab. But now it just looks like he has nothing in the tank.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Someone dropped Breece in my work league. I don't really want any part of the Jets trashfire offense, but man I feel like I have to put a claim in on him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

saintonan posted:

Someone dropped Breece in my work league. I don't really want any part of the Jets trashfire offense, but man I feel like I have to put a claim in on him.

wtf yes absolutely put a claim on one of the best RBs in the league

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

saintonan posted:

100% man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

saintonan posted:

Holy poo poo, yes. Back up the truck for that man.