Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

To add context, the Kingdom blamed Best Friends for the loss and beat the utter poo poo out of them afterwards. I figure the idea is to build them up by having them win a mini-feud instead of just teleporting into the title match purely out of relevancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Grand Slam Rampage spoilers:

-Mike Santana d. Bear Boulder - Ortiz confronted Santana afterwards

Adding onto this, apparently Santana and Ortiz had to get approval from management for their social media beef, they've been cracking down on it a lot more lately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also really into the ROH Six-Man decision.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

Adding onto this, apparently Santana and Ortiz had to get approval from management for their social media beef, they've been cracking down on it a lot more lately.

Good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

Grand Slam Rampage spoilers:

-Orange Cassidy, Hook, & Kris Statlander d. Matt Menard, Angelo Parker, & Anna Jay
-Mike Santana d. Bear Boulder - Ortiz confronted Santana afterwards
-The Hung Bucks d. Mogul Embassies to win the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship
-Sting & Darby Allin d. Christian Cage & Luchasaurus
-Julia Hart d. Skye Blue
-The Righteous d. the Hardys, the Best Friends, and the Kingdom to become #1 contenders to the ROH World Tag Team Championship
-The Acclaimed & Billy Gunn d. the Dark Order to retain the AEW World Trios Championship

Nice go Hungbucks!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

saw the 4-team match live and can confirm Righteous looked loving sick. I think they've got a great future.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

It was really funny when people reported those tweets were a shoot like Ortiz had only just found out what Santana thought of him, something he knew 2+ years ago.

The Don Callis Family segment on Rampage is insane. The deafening boos went on for about 5 minutes, it might need to be edited down.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, Mogul Embassy just gets poo poo on all of the time. Makes me more upset than Dark Order even.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

The Don Callis Family segment on Rampage is insane. The deafening boos went on for about 5 minutes, it might need to be edited down.

Honestly this was incredible.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

It was really funny when people reported those tweets were a shoot like Ortiz had only just found out what Santana thought of him, something he knew 2+ years ago.

Trying to talk to my buddy sitting next to me I had to scream during the Don Callis segment and even then he couldn't hear me. I'm tempted to say the noise Callis elicited from the crowd was louder than Eddie and Claudio, but I can't be sure. Also I was sitting in section 108 and every time the fireworks went off they scared the poo poo out of me because they were so loving loud in that echo-y building. The crowd going crazy for those segments was so much fun though!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

To add context, the Kingdom blamed Best Friends for the loss and beat the utter poo poo out of them afterwards. I figure the idea is to build them up by having them win a mini-feud instead of just teleporting into the title match purely out of relevancy.

This would also probably work better if Trent and Chuckie ever won matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact tapings were last night, no results found yet (will post if/when that changes) but the lineup for Bound for Glory next month so far includes:

Alex Shelley defending the world title against Josh Alexander
Trinity defending the Knockouts title against Mickie James
KENTA returning
Tommy Dreamer defending the Digital Media title against Crazzy Steve

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact:

Sami Callihan and Rich Swann defeat Black Taurus and Laredo Kid
Savannah Evans defeats Jessicka Havok
Rhino defeats Jack Price. Postmatch Steve Maclin jumps Rhino
Speedball Mike Bailey defeats Samuray del Sol
Chris Sabin retains the X title over Alan Angels. Postmatch a video plays that says KENTA's returning at Bound for Glory
Tasha Steelz defeats Killer Kelly after interference from Deonna Purrazzo
The Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) defeat JOYA (Joe Hendry and Yuya Uemura) in Uemura's Impact farewell tag match
Tommy Dreamer and Heath defeat Kenny King and Sheldon Jean in a Memphis street fight. Postmatch Dreamer accepts Crazzy Steve's Digital Media title shot, Steve pulls a knife out from the briefcase and stabs him in the back
Eric Young, Jake Something, Dirty Dango, Champagne Singh and Jordynne Grace defeat Bully Ray, Mahabali Shera, Jody Threat, Brian Myers and KiLynn King
Trinity Fatu defeats Gisele Shaw. Postmatch Mickie James challenges Trinity for the Knockouts title at BfG
Moose defeats Bhupinder Gujjar. Postmatch Maclin, Rhino and PCO each want Moose's world title shot briefcase
Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) defeat Jai Vidal and John Skyler in a Country rear end Whoopin' lumberjack match
Josh Alexander defeats Kon. Deaner tries to help Kon with a chair, Josh fights out of it and accidentally hits Alex Shelley (who tried to help Josh)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 24, 2023

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

Impact:

Steve pulls a knife out from the briefcase and stabs him in the back

... what?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crazzy Steve's new gimmick is he tries to kill people. He turned heel by trying, and screaming about trying, to take Black Taurus' eyes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat that’s crazzy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Griff Garrison came out with Kole Carywr being managed by Maria Kanelis Bennett. Is this something that had been going on already?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Griff Garrison came out with Kole Carywr being managed by Maria Kanelis Bennett. Is this something that had been going on already?

Was Cole Karter wearing an "I <3 Hot Moms" t-shirt?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

for a while, yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Yes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Maria is recruiting the people giving her the same loser energy as her husband and Matt Taven.

(I say that as a huge fan of The Kingdom on ROH)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Prince Nana stole the Iron Savages sauce, ran away, took a sip and hit his dance. It got the biggest pop of the RoH taping.

Possibly tied with Brian Cage doing a 619.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 24, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Gravity defeats Lee Johnson
Ethan Page defeats Rohit Raju
Billie Starkz defeats Lady Frost
Action Andretti and Darius Martin defeat the Outrunners (Truth Magnum and Turbo Floyd)
Leyla Hirsch defeats Laynie Luck
Shane Taylor defeats Jimmy Jacobs
Dalton Castle and his Boys (Brandon and Brent) defeat Xavier Walker, Ren Jones and Trenton Tormenta
Griff Garrison and Cole Karter defeat the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean)
Mercedes Martinez defeats Allysin Kay
Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa) defeat Iron Savages (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson)
Brian Cage defeats Metalik

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH:

Shane Taylor defeats Jimmy Jacobs

Davros1 posted:

... what?

Jimmy making a comeback?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact:

Alan Angels defeats Laredo Kid
KiLynn King defeats Jody Threat after faking an injury
Jonathan Gresham defeats Speedball Mike Bailey
The Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) retain the tag titles over Sami Callihan and Rich Swann
Tasha Steelz defeats Courtney Rush after interference from Deonna Purrazzo
Dirty Dango wins a fatal fiveway over Jordynne Grace, Champagne Singh, Jake Something and Eric Young after interference from Oleg Prudis (fka Vladimir Kozlov). Dango enters the Call Your Shot battle royal at Bound for Glory last, Jake (who Dango pinned) enters first
Kenny King defeats Heath
Mickie James and Trinity Fatu defeat Gisele Shaw and Savannah Evans. Postmatch Mickie and Trinity staredown each other after each refuses to let go of Trinity's Knockouts title
Crazzy Steve defeats Black Taurus in a no-DQ match after using the briefcase and trying to take Taurus' eyes out
Masha Slamovich defeats Jessicka Havok
The Most Professional Wrestling Gods (Moose and Brian Myers) defeat Rhino and PCO after Steve Maclin and Bully Ray interfere
Frankie Kazarian defeats Eddie Edwards in a 2-out-of-3 falls match; first fall was pin-only, second was submission-only, final was Last Man Standing. Kaz put Eddie and Alisha Edwards through tables
Josh Alexander defeats Yuya Uemura in Uemura's Impact singles farewell match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Most Professional Wrestling Gods is the worst tag team name i've ever heard. Oleg Prudis finally debuting in TNA after WWE snatched him from under Double J's nose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

The Acclaimed (Max Caster, Anthony Bowens and Billy Gunn) retain the trios titles over the Hardys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) and Brother Zay
Eddie Kingston retains the New Japan Strong Openweight title over Rocky Romero. Postmatch Katsuyori Shibata confronts Kingston
The Righteous (Dutch and Vincent) defeat two locals
Hikaru Shida defeats Ruby Soho to earn a shot at Saraya's women's title Oct 10

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gotta space out those women's matches or the PPV could have 4 whole ladies on it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It's really weird that AEW ran Eddie/Rocky for the Strong belt, because Eddie was booked for that same match in Defy. But he ditched out on the day of the show (again), saying he wasn't doing indies anymore now that he has to defend 2 belts.

To be fair they sent Nick Wayne instead, but it messed up the whole card because the show was built around Eddie. I wonder if AEW told Eddie not to do it. Something similar happened in Prestige where MCMG were supposed to headline against each other, but Impact asked them to change it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It stinks, but I understand where the promotions are coming from - they signed those guys to wrestle for them first and foremost.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Edward Mass posted:

It stinks, but I understand where the promotions are coming from - they signed those guys to wrestle for them first and foremost.
That and now that we're a couple years in, we no longer have to work ourselves into believing AEW will carry the banner for indie wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

That and now that we're a couple years in, we no longer have to work ourselves into believing AEW will carry the banner for indie wrestling

The banner got covid and died

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bread is over in Seattle thanks Kojima

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Leyla Hirsch/Athena for the ROH women's title was better than any match on Collision and worth checking out on Honor Club

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Satoshi Kojima defeats Tony Nese after Nese shittalks bread
Josh Woods defeats Tyler Payne
Athena retains the women's title over Leyla Hirsch
Rocky Romero defeats Christopher Daniels
Scorpio Sky defeats Fred Rosser
Willow Nightingale, Kiera Hogan and Skye Blue defeat Lady Frost and the Renegades (Robyn and Charlette Renegade)
Ethan Page defeats Invictus Khash
TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) defeat the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean)
Darius Martin defeats Lee Moriarty
Billie Starkz defeats Trish Adora
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and Moriarty) win a four corner survival tag match also featuring Iron Savages (Boulder and Bronson), WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake), and Cole Karter and Griff Garrison
Komander, Gravity and Metalik defeat Gringo Loco and Spanish Announce Project (Angelico and Serpentico)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH:

Wow, what a monster, hope Kojima elbowdropped his cock.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He says he doesn’t have the technology but I feel like he’s lying and the UN should be investigating

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The lucha six man tag was loving dope.

Also Leyla took one of the nastiest bumps I’ve seen in a while

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna be petty: lol that Sky's Collision experiment ended with him coming to the show every week, for ROH tapings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH:

Josh Woods defeats Tyler Payne
Athena retains the women's title over Leyla Hirsch
Rocky Romero defeats Christopher Daniels
Scorpio Sky defeats Fred Rosser
Willow Nightingale, Kiera Hogan and Skye Blue defeat Lady Frost and the Renegades (Robyn and Charlette Renegade)
Ethan Page defeats Invictus Khash
TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) defeat the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean)
Darius Martin defeats Lee Moriarty
Billie Starkz defeats Trish Adora
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and Moriarty) win a four corner survival tag match also featuring Iron Savages (Boulder and Bronson), WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake), and Cole Karter and Griff Garrison
Komander, Gravity and Metalik defeat Gringo Loco and Spanish Announce Project (Angelico and Serpentico)

I propose Griff and Karter's team be called the MILF Hunted.