Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Always be cool Kyle in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marlins again somehow snatched victory from the jaws of defeat

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Anderson Koopa posted:

Wakefield is the man as far as I know. I don't understand Schilling's point here.

He was saying that, even though he was aware that Wakefield and his wife wanted this kept private, he violated that trust intentionally because he believes by making this public and asking people to pray for them, he is doing the Lords Work. Because as a Christian Man he believes in the Power of Prayer.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
N: Cubs

V: lol. lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the fact that they forced the game into extras in the 9th only to do that is extremely funny. Walked off three times in four days.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Stats Inc team is gonna come up with some fun stuff for these last three weeks I tell you what

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the fact that they forced the game into extras in the 9th only to do that is extremely funny. Walked off three times in four days.

The Cubs still got it!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Milwaukee played a video montage of all the Cubs recent errors during the game for no reason other than to be incredibly petty :eyeroll:

Did you get the happy chemical Brewers? Do the Cubs living there rent free help you sleep at night?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Miz Kriss posted:

Milwaukee played a video montage of all the Cubs recent errors during the game for no reason other than to be incredibly petty :eyeroll:

Did you get the happy chemical Brewers? Do the Cubs living there rent free help you sleep at night?

Get their asses MK

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
:lol: That sounds awesome.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Miz Kriss posted:

if the cubs did that to the brewers cubs fans would think it was the funniest thing ever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Any one of the top three teams in the AL West could win the division or miss the playoffs. It’s crazy.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Lmao at the Yankees’ $160,000,000 ace posting the worst start in MLB history

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

they paid out the nose for him but to be fair he's not the ace unless you're going with the two aces argument

but five aces didn't work so

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bregor posted:

N: Cubs

V: lol. lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

Hey man don’t gently caress with the royals

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Intruder posted:

they paid out the nose for him but to be fair he's not the ace unless you're going with the two aces argument

but five aces didn't work so

to me ace just means something closer to “pitcher that’s supposed to be real good” rather than “best pitcher on the staff” but regardless of definitions it is important for us all to celebrate together when humiliating things happen to the Yankees

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

to me ace just means something closer to “pitcher that’s supposed to be real good” rather than “best pitcher on the staff” but regardless of definitions it is important for us all to celebrate together when humiliating things happen to the Yankees

cheers to that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

abuse culture. posted:

They do have the best pitcher in baseball as their "ace" technically.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bawfuls posted:

Manager of the year is “manager of the team that exceeded expectations the most”

Which is why World Series Champion Dave Roberts should be the 2023 NL MotY

Except Scott Severis didn't win when the Mariners won 90 in 2021 :colbert:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 30, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

imagine giving moty to the guy who decided to bring in robbie ray to face yordan alvarez

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hey look it’s that one post you always make! You can save time by just quoting yourself next time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

if the cubs did that to the brewers cubs fans would think it was the funniest thing ever

While true, we wouldn't do it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Wayne Knight posted:

Hey look it’s that one post you always make! You can save time by just quoting yourself next time.

that's a good point, more of us should be talking about how incredibly boneheaded it was to bring in robbie ray to face yordan alvarez

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Anyone who watched Yordan vs the M’s in any game he has ever played against them knows there is no good answer to bring in and the actual fuckup in the game over a year ago was Paul Sewald not being able to get the inning done.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wayne Knight posted:

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Giants expectations are wildly miscalibrated since the had the mother of all fluke seasons

But I'm reasonably confident Kapler ain't the guy regardless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

am I totally off base in thinking the giants are going to pay ohtani? they were dying to break the bank for both judge and correa

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Intruder posted:

am I totally off base in thinking the giants are going to pay ohtani? they were dying to break the bank for both judge and correa

If he’s not in LA then SF is the next most likely place, IMO. Something like 90% Dodgers, 5% SF, 3% Seattle, 2% somewhere else.

If the Dodgers make a serious offer that’s where he goes and I don’t know why they wouldn’t.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know, I think the Dodgers are good enough to not have to take the gamble on Ohtani's health that a $50M AAV contract would bring. I could be wrong though!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

While true, we wouldn't do it

The Cubs do a video montage of all the Brewers World Series victories every night at Wrigley

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

seems like a lot of money for a DH

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:munch:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wayne Knight posted:

Dude if I gotta hear about the Pujols home run off Lidge for the rest of my life then I sure as hell will bring up the Yordan home run.

Remind me, where exactly did the Astros finish that year? I can't quite remember.

(Also I don't get IRL mad every time someone posts it so maybe grow a spine?)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Astros won, Rangers lost, I became an uncle. A good night.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Miz Kriss posted:

Lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

imagine giving moty to the guy who decided to bring in robbie ray to face yordan alvarez

Being the manager of the team that broke the longest playoff drought in american pro sports is what Scott will be remembered for you will not dull our triumph :colbert:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

postseason doesn't factor into moty, you dumb dumb

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I know the predictions and/or expectations for the season was that the Cubs were gonna be a .500 team at best, but for the team to swerve hard into that prediction right at the end of the season is extremely painful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs do a video montage of all the Brewers World Series victories every night at Wrigley

:yeah: