Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just don't install windows. if you want games, get a playstation. if you want mobas and such, simply change your preferences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
windows is … a piece of poo poo

it’s also the best least worst tool for a huge array of jobs :cry:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

windows isn't good but like what are your options? macOS and Linux? lmfao get outta here

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

computer is such a weird word. i wonder how long it will survive outside academia. nowadays everyone references computers by their type or function.

why yes, i am high. why do you ask?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's always device this device that these days.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my personal computer

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I don't even know how I ended up with my ms account linked to my pc but tbh I don't really care because it does make synching pretty seamless .

it's a bit "all my eggs in one basket please" though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

just don't install windows. if you want games, get a playstation. if you want mobas and such, simply change your preferences

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

if you want games, get a playstation.

yes, let me play this game with a controller, like an rear end in a top hat

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's how you do everything else so i don't see the problem :rackem:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

doesn't cp2077 target controller play?

i can't get it to stop displaying the controller buttons for actions

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Corla Plankun posted:

I'm really annoyed that 11 won't let the bar go vertical. vertical has been the correct choice since widescreen monitors have existed and everyone is stupid except for me

you are right and you should say it.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
???

Just turn your monitor to the side

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

windows isn't good but like what are your options? macOS and Linux? lmfao get outta here

both of those are much better tho

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Achmed Jones posted:

Nah. PC still does it better. Generally better access to mods, better content, and better graphics. The downside is the price for components, but now days that's just a GPU upgrade every 3-4 years.

And controversial opinion - Windows is fine as a gaming/leisure OS. It does what its meant to do. Linux is a better workstation OS for sure, however.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 2, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CommieGIR posted:

better access to mods

this mf janitors his videogames

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's the only reliable support channel for so many modern games it's shameful

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

goblin week posted:

some games are great for mods though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

goblin week posted:

Its almost like I buy games for entertainment, and that's different for everyone.

Or games like Kerbal that were literally made by mods.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

i prefer to buy games the developers finished themselves

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

git apologist posted:

both of those are much better tho

they aren’t

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Nah. PC still does it better. Generally better access to mods, better content, and better graphics.

deranged

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

goblin week posted:

goblin week gets it :hfive:

njsykora posted:

:yeah:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

njsykora posted:

While fair, EA seems like it's been able to get some absolutely fantastic stuff made, especially when it would take 5 years of dev time by a smaller outfit that might not have the money for that at the time.

Video games are a land of contrast.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Volmarias posted:

While fair, EA seems like it's been able to get some absolutely fantastic stuff made, especially when it would take 5 years of dev time by a smaller outfit that might not have the money for that at the time.

Video games are a land of contrast.
currently enjoying Against the Storm and its biweekly updates. it's EA, but definitely a full game, even if it's not quite finished yet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Achmed Jones posted:

goblin week gets it :hfive:

:yeah:

:shrug: To each their own. Having access to my entire library including classic games not available on console is why I'm still doing PC.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i saw a video that was called "how skyrim looks in 2023" and it looked great, almost realistic. but then in the video description there's a list of the 104 mods required, including things like grass textures, and lol i will maybe install 1 or 2 if i'm feeling motivated

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

i'll mod a game but it's for stuff like extra content like new cars and tracks in racing games, i don't want to mod a game to fix bugs or "make it look better" with some stupid nintendo hire this man texture pack that was probably just the original textures run through some ai upscaling program

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh hey, platform warring, in the subforum your operating system is a piece of poo poo, how novel

lol funny tech poo poo I jsut remembered: interminable endless OS fights, stretching back into my youth, forever, unchanging and eternal

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

oh hey, platform warring, in the subforum your operating system is a piece of poo poo, how novel

lol funny tech poo poo I jsut remembered: interminable endless OS fights, stretching back into my youth, forever, unchanging and eternal

Traditions must be upheld.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Leperflesh posted:

sort of weird that you seem to have expected them to be gone or different then

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

talking poo poo about platforms is fun in the same way calling rival sports fans assholes is fun

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

njsykora posted:

talking poo poo about platforms is fun in the same way calling rival sports fans assholes is fun

it also attracts weirdos that do it earnestly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

every time someone posts “EA can be good” i think they’re talking about electronic arts and get fully tilted over it for a second

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

njsykora posted:

Armitag3 posted:

it also attracts weirdos that do it earnestly

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

funy tech poo poo: every single piece of hardware* that's ever been popular "for emulation"

* except the og xbox with xbmc, that was rad at the time

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

old memory: nibbles away

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

jesus WEP posted:

every time someone posts “EA can be good” i think they’re talking about electronic arts and get fully tilted over it for a second

Extremely same

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Achmed Jones posted:

funy tech poo poo: every single piece of hardware* that's ever been popular "for emulation"

* except the og xbox with xbmc, that was rad at the time

I keep buying poo poo and installing emulators I can’t stop send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

try playing the emulators, that's what broke me of the curse