Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Might ruin some of the mystique but they interviewed the songwriter and guitarist at separate points on the podcast years back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MnhHMYdc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCKnFoDzHw

Yeah I found that but it's still very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ralph Hurley posted:

Drew was ahead of the curve with HPV vaccines too. COVID broke some brains.

I think that trend may have something to do with Internet/media literacy too, it's just not as common as it should be.

I say this as someone who had a bit of learning to do on that front myself.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ralph Hurley posted:

Drew was ahead of the curve with HPV vaccines too. COVID broke some brains.

It's wild. Some of the stuff he said on podcasts or Loveline is definitely centrist/government overreach is bad type poo poo, but his COVID poo poo wasn't even about tyranny, he was straight up on the "it's just a bad cold" poo poo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
His initial reaction wasn’t super uncommon. We didn’t have a great idea of the hospitalization/death rate when it was first landing in the US. It’s he held onto it far longer than any other doctor I listen(ed) to, when they realized it was zapping 40 year old smokers like flies.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
He was way off the map with his COVID stuff, a lot of decent experts were uncertain for longer than maybe they should have been but zero decent experts were confidently crowing "into the breach, the flu is way worse" when 500+ people were dying a day in Italy.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apparently Dr. Drew and A.J. Benza are at the center of the Jamie Foxx had a stroke because of the vaccine bullshit. If you don't remember A.J. Benza he used to host one of those sleazy tabloid shows on E! but most famously once punched "Stuttering John" in the face during an appearance on Howard Stern.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

there are no other health problems anymore, you are either in perfect health or received the covid vaccine

e: also funny that this conspiracy theory seems to include erratic set behavior as part of the vaccine effects, a very strange thing to come from the man who demanded a private jet and torpedoed the ending of miami vice

holefoods fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 3, 2023

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bartok posted:

Apparently Dr. Drew and A.J. Benza are at the center of the Jamie Foxx had a stroke because of the vaccine bullshit. If you don't remember A.J. Benza he used to host one of those sleazy tabloid shows on E! but most famously once punched "Stuttering John" in the face during an appearance on Howard Stern.

Aw man that is a special kind of evil, monetizing tragedy when you’re already rich & have many less devilish ways of making more money. Like Jones harassing Sandy hook families. Especially when you know it’s bullshit & would switch to the other side of the argument or start selling ManGrates if there were a penny more for you.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 3, 2023

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Dr. Drew lost his mind after the GKS lawsuit where he was exposed as a bribed pill pusher, his takes went off the freaking cliff after that.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

bartok posted:

Wasn't Drew also in on the "Hillary Clinton is on the verge of death" back in 2016? Are we sure he even has a medical degree?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

turns out drew really way just a love doctor

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

WEH posted:

turns out drew really way just a love doctor

https://twitter.com/teresastrasser/status/1666478697128378369?s=20

Baffles me that of all the people who have abandoned the Ace man Teresa still talks positive about him. Though I guess I haven't listened to her in years, maybe she's moving away from being liberal and embracing the chuds like Adam

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
her dress looks like a pizza box

bartok
May 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1668996824907100161?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

"Okay, once you find a couple of jokes you just need to repeat them ad nauseam while telling everyone you are a comedy factory not a warehouse"

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Jesus. I am an easy laugh and I never popped my Jay Leno cherry, probably 0 for 500 or something

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Leno can’t possibly need more money

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

holefoods posted:

He could set fire to a million a month for the rest of his life and not come close to running out.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

holefoods posted:

Adam probably begged him. Though the way these things usually go is that other people are going to handle the 'camp' and Leno is going to roll in at the end, tell some jokes, give them the old gladhand and move on. He'll probably keep his engine running.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

He could set fire to his face

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Been listening to old Lovelines and in an episode from 2002 Adam dropped that he listens to Dennis Prager every day. He brought it up to say he disagreed with him on something but man the signs really were there all along.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think if you get the "grandpa" nickname in high school or college it's a borderline foregone conclusion

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If you're wondering how Adam is doing, he had the weird pervert Tim Ballard on to whitewash the allegations against him for his "child trafficking rescue organization". Basically running interference for a guy who groomed women. Good lord that's a far fall for the Loveline guy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

If you're wondering how Adam is doing, he had the weird pervert Tim Ballard on to whitewash the allegations against him for his "child trafficking rescue organization". Basically running interference for a guy who groomed women. Good lord that's a far fall for the Loveline guy.

He has been working with dennis Prager for a while now, what’s another monster on the pile

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Niwrad posted:

How long before he just has David Duke on

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Qanon factory, not a qanon warehouse

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Niwrad posted:

But before that episode, he has Rosanne Barr on who started on the need to depopulate some continents and how China might be a simulation, then went in how Biden is actually a cyborg. No joke, that is actually the topical progression.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Seems like Dr. Drew has been hitting the antivax poo poo pretty hard. I hope Dr. Bruce AKA Dr. Spaz didn't turn out to be a huge piece of poo poo too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

With all the traffic in this thread as the last time that happened it was because the divorce finally happened, this time I assumed he had remarried a 20 year old or moved operations to Puerto Rico to evade taxes.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

bartok posted:

Seems like Dr. Drew has been hitting the antivax poo poo pretty hard. I hope Dr. Bruce AKA Dr. Spaz didn't turn out to be a huge piece of poo poo too.
Since I didn't have enough things to be angry about I went back and found an older Drew podcast episode where he talks to Dan Wilson (Debunk the Funk, a molecular biologist who covers a lot of antivax info) and Drew is doing the either spineless or calculated move of taking a "we still need to wait and see" stance. Lost count of the times he said something to the effect of "we need more data". Apparently Drew's wife is the producer of his show and kept chiming in throughout with really bad takes he would not push back on at all, other than one instance he disagreed with where she called getting the flu shot and covid booster at the same time stupid or something like that. Also the dipshits he had calling in at the end going on about natural immunity were not challenged in the slightest.

He's done this long enough I think it's calculated, he can push soft antivax talking points that draw the crazies but sit on the fence just enough to cry foul anytime someone calls him on it.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

im pretty sure dr spaz turned out to be a creationist or something but I absolutely do not have receipts

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bruce is still a doctor but he's a chud. Used to like stuff from Tim Pool about anti-LGBT stuff. Everyone involved in that show turned out to be a huge piece of poo poo.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's alison rosen up to these days and what happened to her dog years back? I remember she was hosed up for a long time cause something real bad happened but I never heard what that bad thing was

edit: actually I think I've asked this before and I'm gonna search the thread, maybe I was told already lol
edit edit: aight there's a post from 2014 about "the other dog owner" so I guess he was the victim of a deadly dog attack :smith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 9, 2023

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
giovanni was right...

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

giovanni was right...

lets not go crazy

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I seems like Engineer Anderson was immune.

He's making a movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GlJsh_xAIc

https://loadedforbeardoc.com/

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

When I used to listen to The Film Vault (for some indeterminate duration after Alison left ACS), Anderson seemed barely able to contain his contempt for Adam and Bryan standing by him. It didnt come up often since presumably Bryan didnt want to jeopardize his employment (never mind Adam’s role in the cancer fundraiser show), but every so often Anderson would at least get to needle Bryan about it. ESPECIALLY if Adam’s films came up (which iirc he loathed as well).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Anderson usually comes around to the non-lovely position but you have to listen to a lot of "maybe both sides are right" or "the truth is in the middle" to get there. But the After Disaster is very funny and the Film Vaul is the least annoying (current) film podcast I've tried (and I've tried a dozen) so I deal.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 10, 2023

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Rick posted:

Anderson usually comes around to the non-lovely position but you have to listen to a lot of "maybe both sides are right" or "the truth is in the middle" to get there. But the After Disaster is very funny and the Film Vaul is the least annoying film podcast I've tried (and I've tried a dozen) so I deal.

You said it better than I could. I really like Anderson, but he has a contrarian streak that’s a bit tiring sometimes. The AD is a great show, though I have no idea how to recommend it to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I eventually gave up on the Film Vault because, while I defended Bald all the time on the ACS, I found his movie takes often uh hard to appreciate. Anderson's were better though he talked in circles and tilted at windmills a lot. Agree it was WAY more listen-able than your average movie podcast, though, and they had pretty good chemistry. Bald probably got better after I stopped listening, too.

Anderson would say Bald was suckling at Carolla's teat a lot, and yeah Anderson had something like a mild case of oppositional defiant disorder, probably from his lovely dad, but I can't remember any specific instances.