Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I need Mattison to have a good game in several leagues tomorrow

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Currently leading by 3 points but I need Purdy + Moody to outscore/match Waddle + Eagles D.

Ehhhhhhh..

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Up 27 with Elliot left but uhhhhh he has Tua and Tyreek and Philly D 😬

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love travis kelce

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Win or loss in one league depends on whether CMC plays for my opponent tomorrow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MacheteZombie posted:

I love travis kelce

Same. I even had a dream about him. Fantasy meets fantasy.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I’m down like 48 points but still have Purdy/Kittle and Mostert/Waddle, they have Addison.

ESPN giving us equal odds to win the matchup.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

saintonan posted:

Win or loss in one league depends on whether CMC plays for my opponent tomorrow.

Same, kinda hoping he takes a week off to get right. My opponent has him in one league and in the league I have CMC I already picked up Elijah

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Where are all those Puka doubters now? Dude rules.

(Although if you want to sell high there's not gonna be a better time ROS than right now)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Curious if you're still alive. Seems like a potentially bad week for risky-ish picks (Packers, Bucs, Rams, Colts...)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today’s Goffense + Monty and JJ being out + Josh Jacobs getting held to 4pts turbofucked me pretty hard. Currently at 70pts in ½ppr with Waddle and Moody left to play, while my opponent has Tyreek and 106pts

:sigh: Nacua and Kamara had a great week, though.

I’m honestly not sure what to do with Jacobs. He gets dogshit numbers compared to other elite RBs, and I can’t cut him because I drafted him high (thanks auto draft). My guess is that he’s going to get crushed by Detroit next week, so I placed a waiver to add Foreman and drop Josh Reynolds, who has been riding the bench, and hope that Bagent and the gang go hogge wilde.

I’ve been running JJ/Nacua (and now Waddle/Nacua) with Monty/Kamara/Jacobs in the two RB and Flex slots, but at this point maybe I’ll just put Flowers or Foreman in the flex instead

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm up by 16 against the Eagles DST and Kittle. Not looking good...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Chernabog posted:

I'm down by 40 against the Eagles D/ST and Waddle....wait, should I be worried?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chernabog posted:

Kittle has two kinds of games, < 3 points or > 25 so we’ll see which one we get!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Up by 12.5 with my Goedert and Addison (MNF) vs their Swift and Jake Elliot. Would really love it if I didn't need anything out of Addison tomorrow night!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
For what it's worth, going back to an earlier discussion: Drake London did not out perform Tyler Allgeier, but it was very close. Like a 3pt separation. That is absolutely perfect for my team. Nothing about my team is explosive, its all consistency and when it performs, it performs well. I'm down, for sure, and i have to recover alot of points, but i 'm currently watching Jalen Hurts, Tyreek Hill and Dallas Goedert go against each other and it is working out.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Every one of my losses have been by less than 10. I've lost by 0.12 points, 6pts and 10pts. I am very happy with what i did. And every single member of my roster is healthy (queue an injury).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

For what it's worth, going back to an earlier discussion: Drake London did not out perform Tyler Allgeier, but it was very close. Like a 3pt separation. That is absolutely perfect for my team. Nothing about my team is explosive, its all consistency and when it performs, it performs well. I'm down, for sure, and i have to recover alot of points, but i 'm currently watching Jalen Hurts, Tyreek Hill and Dallas Goedert go against each other and it is working out.

The process was correct, even if London was outscored. Nobody knew that Bijan was basically going to sit the whole game. If we did, then Allgeier was an easy start.

Such is fantasy football. Gotta reflect and judge based on process, not result. It's a dumb, unpredictable game.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Me, starting Bijan and Mostert, on Friday: haha, this rules

Me, right now: what the gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like really good RBs can quickly become totally unplayable when the OL sucks butts

See: Josh Jacobs

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Love to be the second highest scorer this week, matched up against the highest scorer :shepicide:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If Kittle gets literally 0.5 points I lose :shepicide:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

The process was correct, even if London was outscored. Nobody knew that Bijan was basically going to sit the whole game. If we did, then Allgeier was an easy start.

Such is fantasy football. Gotta reflect and judge based on process, not result. It's a dumb, unpredictable game.

Yea, I agree that it was the best decision. You make a decent, reliable pick against the possibly explosive. My team has been basically built on that. Outside of 1-2 wild performances, my season has been reliable and stress free. 3 of my losses are by less than 10, 1 of the losses was as low as 0.12 pts. Given a TD or something, i could have won any of those games.

And now I enter a territory of i've beaten 2 of 3 the best performers in our league and my remaining lineup is against the lowest tiers, the 3-4's and below.

The league started to think I was out when i was showing 2-4, turns out, i'm 3-4, and 2 of my 3 wins are against the now 5-2's and I go against the the 3-4's and below for the remainder of my season. Planning ahead, not giving in, etc, really pays out when it comes to the end of the season.

Edit: Also, i'm 100% sure I still lose despite being only 4.2 pts behind with a RB2 and WR2 still left to go, nothing else on my opponents side. Brandon Aiyuk is gonna snap an ankle getting off the plane and Alexander Mattison is gonna get sick and not play. This is my season.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 23, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Sure wish either Bijan played or I had the opportunity to play anyone on my bench over him, own him in a few close matches right now with a decently performing bench.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vaginite posted:

Would this be a fair trade offer?

I give:
Your choice between Mostert or Montgomery
Your choice between D. Adams, P. Nacua or D. Moore

I get: Kelce

Guy I'm trading with is in the tank and needs to win now, I'm 9-3 (we play 2 games each week, head-to-head and against the median).

Guys my boss too so I don't want to try and screw him but maybe Montgomery and one of those other guys is fair? Only reason I'd offer Mostert is because Montgomery is hurt and he desperately needs to win now, so Mostert might be better than Monty in his situation.

I don’t know what happen with this, but I hope you got Kelce

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Pain of Mind posted:

Sure wish either Bijan played or I had the opportunity to play anyone on my bench over him, own him in a few close matches right now with a decently performing bench.

If it makes you feel any better, there’s a person in every who went though this same crap.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Lost by 9, I guess the answer was to play Najee and Gus Bus but no one was predicting that :shrug:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

As long as Hockenson doesn't score 40 points tonight I win, so I feel pretty good about it. Thank you Kelce. I didn't need to sweat Tua's crap game because of you. Also, thank you Bijan for getting sick and giving my opponent 0.3 points.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Abugadu posted:

Me, starting Bijan and Mostert, on Friday: haha, this rules

Me, right now: what the gently caress
Literally me, in multiple leagues sigh

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Getting offered Bijan for Tyreek is now super hilarious. It wasn't a 1 for 1, but holy poo poo, you look ridiculous right now. Do we even know why he didn't play yet? is this an actual sickness or some kind of protest?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Getting offered Bijan for Tyreek is now super hilarious. It wasn't a 1 for 1, but holy poo poo, you look ridiculous right now. Do we even know why he didn't play yet? is this an actual sickness or some kind of protest?

What I read is he had a bad headache. So probably a temporary illness thing. Only concern is if this turns into chronic migraines or something.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Or it's a concussion

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Curious if you're still alive. Seems like a potentially bad week for risky-ish picks (Packers, Bucs, Rams, Colts...)

Sataere posted:

The minute you go chalk, you're getting eliminated. Keep spitting in the football gods eye

welp

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Gonna be 5-2 after the MNF games wrap up tonight. Big props to kiimo for telling me to draft Kelce when I first kramered in here a few months ago not knowing a Goddamned thing about fantasy football. The Taylor Swift thing has helped make Sundays more palatable to my wife, too. lmao

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, crazy things happen in divisional games. Especially AFC East games. It's pretty funny to see the Patriots with the best divisional record despite being 2-5.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gearman posted:

Yeah, crazy things happen in divisional games. Especially AFC East games. It's pretty funny to see the Patriots with the best divisional record despite being 2-5.

Yes, I really have no one to blame because I broke one of my own rules: never pick divisional or TNF games. There were just no obvious standout matches to me this week besides that one or the 49ers v Vikings.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 23, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I usually avoid divisional games at all costs too although I ended up taking Seattle over Arizona this week. Had a moment of dread around halftime but thankfully they set the switch back to “tank”, as they have against everybody except Dallas (lmao). More than half my pool is gone at this point, still have most of the good teams available. Although now I am going to be scared to ever pull the lever for the Bills

Had no inkling the Pats would win I was just trying to save Buffalo for later

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Had no inkling the Pats would win I was just trying to save Buffalo for later

Neither did the Bills. And it showed.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Had 3 players score 0, but got carried by Lamar/MAndrews stack +

AnacondaHL posted:

gently caress yea D'Onta get in my RB2 slot let's ride

Zach Evans you can shift to my FLEX

:tif:

won me the week, this game is so stupid lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Gonna be 5-2 after the MNF games wrap up tonight. Big props to kiimo for telling me to draft Kelce when I first kramered in here a few months ago not knowing a Goddamned thing about fantasy football. The Taylor Swift thing has helped make Sundays more palatable to my wife, too. lmao

On the other end of the spectrum, this guy <---- (me) went 2-0, talked poo poo and lost the next 4 games. Karma hit hard. "ooooOoooOooo look at me, I'm going to the playoffs teeheehee". Nope. But the advice of this group has helped maybe, possibly, do a turn around (and I still don't see it happen now that i've lost four weeks in a row and am jaded as gently caress). I've learned a few thins though, like Tyreek Hill is the best player alive and almost single handily keeps me in a game, even when they are up by 70 and he sits on the bench.