Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think anybody is left humming Yvan Eht Nioj.
This one resurfaces in my head every so often and plays on loop for a while before something else boots it out, but the Planet of the Apes songs come on more frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

basically every track from Songs in the Key of Springfield is great and then everything after that is just chasing those highs

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I’m sure there might have been some OK ones after, but the Shary Bobbins episode marked the transition from “Simpsons songs are good” to “Simpsons songs are bad” for me.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Parts of Go Simpsonic are good, but there are a lot of much weaker songs on that one than Songs In the Key of Springfield, which is a perfect soundtrack album.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Man SMART!
A woman is! Smar-ter!
Man SMART!
A woman is! Smar-ter!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Das Boo posted:

Man SMART!
A woman is! Smar-ter!
Man SMART!
A woman is! Smar-ter!

I was convinced that these were the real lyrics for a long time, and had sworn I had heard a real version with this.

(this real version is "that's right!" not "man SMART!")

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I was convinced that these were the real lyrics for a long time, and had sworn I had heard a real version with this.

Not what I remember.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

They're saying "that's right!" here too though?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

vegetables posted:

The idea of Marge being sad about Bart growing up is always mildly sinister to me given he has now been 10 years old for 36 years

It's almost like they're daring themselves to slightly advance the show timeline.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to shift the show forwards in age. Homer and Marge being either quite old or dead, Bart/Lisa have kids of their own and family and they have a whole new set of problems and lore. It'd work.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The song is called “Man Smart (Woman Smarter)” by Harry Belafonte.

Harry Belafonte sings “that’s RIGHT!” instead of “man SMART!” even though the song title says otherwise.

The Simpsons sing “man SMART!” instead of “that’s RIGHT!” mistakenly because the original song is titled as such.

Goons have a Mandela Effect moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAHfo49iN1w

The song is a certified bop. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 25, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tarkus posted:

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to shift the show forwards in age. Homer and Marge being either quite old or dead, Bart/Lisa have kids of their own and family and they have a whole new set of problems and lore. It'd work.

:hai:

In modern Simpsons, the episodes set in the future are usually a good bit sharper. Unfortunately they are still written by Al Jean and Co.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tarkus posted:

It could also help some folks retire, get some new talent a reliable gig.

Homer should be a different kind of out of touch grandpa to his grandkids by now

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I'll be honest: I don't get this post. Like it sounds awful, but that's far from the worst clip of her I've heard in even this thread. That sounds like a person with a cold doing a bad Marge impression. Some of the others were literal death rattles. I forget which one it was but I literally gasped, and I'm not doing a bit or being hyperbolic with my use of 'literal.' Like it was the first time I'd heard Marge's voice since like commercials for the movie, I guess, and Jesus Christ.

That clip is awful, but I don't get why that clip of all the others is what would make someone thing that maybe it's time for Julie to pack it in.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/ooccouchgags/status/1717245318444569062?s=61&t=0u0iPLgsrw9rb7UXErdBQA

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Are they pulling a “you got the dud” thing in the lower right image?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

this is apparently the lid off a coffin from a newly found Egyptian cemetery, i don't know if i really believe it

Marge: the Forbidden One!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

That sounds like a person with a cold doing a bad Marge impression. Some of the others were literal death rattles. I forget which one it was but I literally gasped, and I'm not doing a bit or being hyperbolic with my use of 'literal.'

There was some clip itt where Marge grows wings and flies off with a dude who told Lisa to smile, yelling "the future is now" that sounded pretty visceral.

There's also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfiix-xHwPM

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Is Marge looking at a bunch of... NFTs

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I remember Bill Watterson being hesitant to bring back Roslyn the Babysitter too often as he felt he’d always need to have the new story top her previous encounter with Calvin. Kelsey Grammer seems to have a different take.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

HJE-Cobra posted:

Is Marge looking at a bunch of... NFTs

I think she is

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://x.com/Knittposting/status/1717356429906935825?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Are they pulling a “you got the dud” thing in the lower right image?

That's where jokes traditionally go in The Simpsons

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

who are these people?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

this bart child, he is some sort of clown?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

emgeejay posted:

this bart child, he is some sort of clown?

No, he's rude

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Post great Treehouse of Horror quotes using smilies ITT and forget about the lowest point for a bit.

“Did you wreck the car?” :raise:

“No.” :ohdear: :ohdear:

“Did you raise the dead?” :raise:

“Yes.” :ohdear: :ohdear:

“But the car’s okay?” :raise:

“Uh huh.” :sigh: :sigh:

“Alright then.” :munch:

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
:ohdear: “I still can’t believe we got away from those horrible vampires”

:imunfunny: “But it was worth it to get back our Super Sugar Crisp cereal! Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp!”

:colbert: “I'm having a hard time seeing... Homer, did you remember to put the fog lights in?”

:imunfunny: “Guess I forgot to put the fog lights in!”

:colbert: “I better pull over and play it safe…”

:piss: :gibs: :stare: :rip: :iiam:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone's gone! Little Bart! *baseball bat hitting ball noise*

Little Lisa! *baseball bat hitting ball noise*

Little Marge! *baseball bat whoosh from missing ball noise*

and the rest! (Maggie, Santa's Little Helper, Snowball II, TV)

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Well, I'm glad we didn't turn into mindless zombies. :)

Shh. TV. :geno:

Man fall down. Funny. :downs:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm 36, I've never heard Rock Me Amadeus and I wouldn't know the Dr. Zaius song was a parody of it if my mom hadn't told me

hell yeah, i'm not alone! :hfive:

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

my first encounter with that song was an episode of I Love Lucy

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I had never seen The Rifleman before last week, but I immediately recognized the intro:

https://youtu.be/hKbSQd5dkc4?si=XvRJgCdA2_2w5Ve_

from

https://youtu.be/E7jqkgMyA_w?si=L-cDf_FTS-vqUWr4

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/homersbestbits/status/1713247965706387909?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw
and speaking of good songs,

https://twitter.com/homersbestbits/status/1715059150802034993?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

spaceblancmange posted:

who are these people?

Lisa sounds good.
Bart sounds like a bad impression.
Homer and Marge are unrecognizable.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Soooooo, did we do anything about that fog that turns people inside out, or should I like get better weather stripping some time soon?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol that's another good example, I had to go watch A Chorus Line to satisfy myself that those weren't the real lyrics

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

wait so marges hair has what inside

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

A visual joke

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mantis42 posted:

Bunny ears, it's canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bunny ears, it's canon.

Mantis42 knows this for a fact because they botched one of my obvious gags relating to that earlier itt. I remembered. And I'm seething!!