Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok i just jumped to the bottom of that opinion

quote:

It will turn people against the politics and policies of growth

wait is this a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Eeyo posted:

ok i just jumped to the bottom of that opinion

wait is this a bad thing?

if you read the whole thing, his argument is that infinite growth is perfectly fine and sustainable thanks to ~technology~

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

graph posted:

look at these loving dweebos lol

Just replace the guy in the middle with Nathan Fielder.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

graph posted:

When you see these motherfuckers walk into a boardroom you know they are ready to throw down. Gladiator style poo poo.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

graph posted:

nightmare blunt rotation

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

thanks im a physiognomy guy now.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

graph posted:

literally an egghead, lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

champions of the Pankration

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i mentioned it before but my favorite eggman thing was when he had to take a six month twitter break after he said that colonialism was actually a net good for the colonized and used India as his example. Like in Silicon Valley he said - out loud! - that the British Raj was good, actually.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
how many copies of Coneheads do you think people would need to mail anonymously to andreesen before he started having a public meltdown about it

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

quiggy posted:

nightmare blunt rotation

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

i mentioned it before but my favorite eggman thing was when he had to take a six month twitter break after he said that colonialism was actually a net good for the colonized and used India as his example. Like in Silicon Valley he said - out loud! - that the British Raj was good, actually.

I mean sure they stole $2 trillion in wealth, killed millions of people and committed the largest acts of ethnic cleansing in history in an ill advised effort to create ethno-states, the effects of with are still a flashpoint of international tension but think of all the value they created for shareholders [which they wasted most of fighting wars against their neighbors and gilding things]. plus we all like chicken tikka masala!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

I mean sure they stole $2 trillion in wealth, killed millions of people and committed the largest acts of ethnic cleansing in history in an ill advised effort to create ethno-states, the effects of with are still a flashpoint of international tension but think of all the value they created for shareholders [which they wasted most of fighting wars against their neighbors and gilding things]. plus we all like chicken tikka masala!
but...but...the railroads!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

but...but...the railroads!

the narrative that the british gave them the railroads vs. the british used basically slave labor to build a system to better extract resources and move soldiers around to increase oppression efficiency is a fun one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anyone who thinks about history for more than the length of a toilet seat tweetstorm eventually figures out that imperialism is pretty much the worst idea that humans have ever come up with

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Internet Janitor posted:

how many copies of Coneheads do you think people would need to mail anonymously to andreesen before he started having a public meltdown about it

A dozen or so?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

qirex posted:

anyone who thinks about history for more than the length of a toilet seat tweetstorm eventually figures out that imperialism is pretty much the worst idea that humans have ever come up with

i mean we also came up with

your posts!

ill see myself out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BMan posted:

andreesen must never partake in fighting. his headbutts would be lethal

*mom yelling out the door* careful, you could take somebodys eye out with that tip

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

quick now someone concern troll about body shaming

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
body shaming is only unethical when applied to people
billionaires aren't people

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

qirex posted:

works pretty well if you identify with the imperialists

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Share Bear posted:

nah he has chosen to feature the cone, that's on him. plenty of rich bald dudes choose to wear stupid hats instead

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Share Bear posted:

eggsshells arent bodies, theyre a byproduct

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its also like a 10k surgery to unbald yourself. musk took that route

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its also like a 10k surgery to unbald yourself. musk took that route

yea well look how that worked out lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he's human scum from brain damage from completely different sources, not the hair

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

yea well look how that worked out lol
pretty well considering what he looked like 23 years ago

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rotor posted:

the fact that he’s still alive after saying that is the most shameful part

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

qirex posted:

yeah ok but it's pretty cool for the emperor and his buddies

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

pretty well considering what he looked like 23 years ago

imo his hair looks like poo poo

mystes
May 31, 2006

he also chooses to style it in bad ways

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Eeyo posted:

Two sides to every story. IPA beer is very popular, think about that.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Eeyo posted:

idk man they were constantly being targeted for assassination by other powerful and influential people, that seems at the very least more annoying than just being a modern plutocrat that nobody with any real agency seriously wants to murder

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Internet Old One posted:

Two sides to every story. IPA beer is very popular, think about that.

it's popular cuz it has a high alcohol content, the people that claim to like the taste are alcoholics trying to rationalize

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

idk man they were constantly being targeted for assassination by other powerful and influential people, that seems at the very least more annoying than just being a modern plutocrat that nobody with any real agency seriously wants to murder

sorry is the implication there that 'a modern plutocrat' is not involved with imperialism or enjoying its spoils?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

post hole digger posted:

sorry is the implication there that 'a modern plutocrat' is not involved with imperialism or enjoying its spoils?

no just that they're not the emperor or his buddies living in a time that mark here is clearly pining for

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

it's popular cuz it has a high alcohol content, the people that claim to like the taste are alcoholics trying to rationalize

i still drink nonalcoholic ipas :grin: :smugmrgw:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like if mark got his wish and we got the edgy violent future he would be poisoned by a usurper within a month, probably less

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

fwiw alcohol content isn't tied to hops, a tripel will have a lot of alcohol without a lot of hops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

not all IPAs have high alcohol content

edit: beaten