Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

D’Amore segment sounds riveting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Venomous posted:

yeah, tbh this entire feud has been a massive miss for me so far, not least that weird backstage promo segment between them a week or two ago that just didn't go anywhere

This is a weird feud since Santanas thing has been that he doesn’t want a “crutch” anymore and thinks Ortiz abandoned him. But like for whatever reason everyone’s interpreting “crutch” as “anchor” or something. Santana is saying he wants to do it on his own with a support to lean on. Somehow that’s being interpreted as him saying Ortiz was a burden. But there’s been all kinds of mixed messaging and weird misinterpretations on screen. In the on screen exchange with them there’s this bit where Santana is saying something like “I don’t want you to carry me anymore” and Ortiz is derisively hoing “yeah” or something. It’s been weird.

At best I’d say it’s an ugly breakup where there’s not really a good guy or bad guy but simply a relationship that fell apart between two people utter incapable of communicating with each other at this stage. But it’s been real muddied in the way it’s been presented and announcers have talked about it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 29, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Josh Woods defeats Ethan Page
Leyla Hirsch defeats Robyn Renegade. Postmatch Robyn and Charlette Renegade attack, Rachael Ellering makes the save
Darius Martin defeats Lee Moriarty
The Righteous (Dutch and Vincent) defeat Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal
Anthony Ogogo returns and defeats Pat Buck
Athena retains the women's title over Mercedes Martinez. Postmatch Mercedes and Diamante attack, Billie Starkz makes the save
Angelico wins a fatal fourway over Gringo Loco, Metalik and Slim J
Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa) win a fourway over the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean), Iron Savages (Boulder and Bronson) and the Wingmen (Peter Avalon and Ryan Nemeth)
Action Andretti wins a triple threat over Lee Johnson and Nick Comoroto
Kiera Hogan defeats Charlette
Dalton Castle and Gravity win a triple threat over WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake) and Cole Karter and Griff Garrison

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ellering? I wonder if that means Hero might be coming in soon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Ellering? I wonder if that means Hero might be coming in soon

He's been hired as a producer for a bit now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
idk how to say this without sounding insane but losing to Josh Woods on ROH is death. Ethanstocks have never been so low

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

idk how to say this without sounding insane but losing to Josh Woods on ROH is death. Ethanstocks have never been so low

It's part of a babyface push where you have them lose a bunch so they can get revenge. I kind of hate those so I don't think it's working but it is a "push"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wasn't it Page's first loss since "moving" to ROH?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't it Page's first loss since "moving" to ROH?

Second. He lost to Tony Nese as well.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Second. He lost to Tony Nese as well.

MorningMoon posted:

Ethanstocks have never been so low

Just wait until Ari makes the trifecta

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Just wait until Ari Smart Mark Sterling makes the trifecta

Gotta make sure Ethan really wants it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact in Coventry night 2:

Josh Alexander defeats Chris Ridgeway
Trey Miguel defeats Leon Slater
Harley Hudson defeats Emersyn Jayne and wins Gut Check, earning a developmental deal and paid training at the Can-Am Dojo. Judges were Scott D'Amore, Gail Kim (head of talent) and Joe Hendry
Jordynne Grace wins a triple threat over Deonna Purrazzo and Gisele Shaw
Rhino defeats Eddie Edwards in a street fight
The Most Professional Wrestling Gods (Moose and Brian Myers) defeat Grado and Hendry
Chris Sabin retains the X title over Frankie Kazarian
Trinity, Eric Young and Rich Swann defeat Subculture (Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster and Dani Luna)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ethan's jsut paying his dues. It's fine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Penta el Zero Miedo wins a triple threat over Komander and El Hijo del Vikingo
Skye Blue defeats Marina Shafir
Daniel Garcia defeats Trent Beretta. Postmatch Garcia says he’s sick of how he’s been treated, this was his first singles match in half a year and he doesn’t want it his last, and calls out MJF
The Gunns (Austin and Colten Gunn) defeat Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal. Postmatch the Gunns continue the assault, the Acclaimed chase them off

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That looks like a really good rampage

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tbqh I don’t know if Daniel’s a good enough promo to take the idea of “worked shoot booking grievance from a guy everyone expects to job” out of the realm of Russo and into the realm of the pipe bomb.

What’s the upside of starting with a gripe? The start of a heel push with a Christian-type weasel gimmick? Is there a groundswell of fan support and he’s just saying what everyone’s thinking? Does he just go back to being a faction guy after asserting himself and losing? Idgi.

The P&P feud was not the same “hey bookerman” angle, but two worked shoots so close together still feels a little risky. Also possible indication that restlessness abt Tony’s slow booking is presently acute within the locker room.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Tbqh I don’t know if Daniel’s a good enough promo to take the idea of “worked shoot booking grievance from a guy everyone expects to job” out of the realm of Russo and into the realm of the pipe bomb.

Is there a groundswell of fan support and he’s just saying what everyone’s thinking?

Yeah, basically.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Did he do his little dance in the match before airing his grievance?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Pylons posted:

Yeah, basically.

I hope they pull the trigger, then. Nobody wants another Dolph

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Are people down on Garcia now? Of all the young up and comers he’s by far the one who has all he needs to be a star and future world champion, imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Answers Me posted:

Are people down on Garcia now? Of all the young up and comers he’s by far the one who has all he needs to be a star and future world champion, imo

No basic chunnel is just being a little freak again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

See when I read that I thought he was talking about how 2.0 had been treating him by not letting him dance.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Garcia's only personality is "spam an annoying little dance" so I don't really think he is world champion material. He's a great wrestler but he has no charisma or definable character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

See when I read that I thought he was talking about how 2.0 had been treating him by not letting him dance.

Yeah that's what I assumed it was about since he's sick of the people who are holding him back in the storyline he is in.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Garcia was in the talk of being the second gen 4 pillars of AEW along with Wheeler Yuta until he got sucked into the Jericho-verse so it's only going to take one more good match to get him back in it. Same thing with Yuta, all he has to do is stop eating the pin in multi-man matches and have a great match again and he'll be fine. These are young guys with 20+ years left of their careers

edit: This has nothing to do with the spoilers, sorry for derailing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Answers Me posted:

He's doing a storyline where he's grumpy about the dance and being the dance guy and not all of us can separate stories and real life

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

let daniel dance

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's doing a storyline where he's grumpy about the dance and being the dance guy and not all of us can separate stories and real life

well of course not, wrestling is real after all

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Have we got Garcia vs Angelico yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Eddie Kingston retains the world title over Dalton Castle
Trent Beretta defeats Peter Avalon
The Outrunners (Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum) defeat Sebastian Wolfe and Jacoby Watts
Emi Sakura defeats Rebel Kel
Dalton's Boys (Brandon and Brent) defeat Bollywood Boyz (Gurv and Harv Shira)
Marina Shafir defeats Amira
Komander and El Hijo del Vikingo defeat Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal

Rampage is live this week, Collision will be taped after

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was only able to stay for the Dalton Castle match but it was a pretty good time. Crowd was quite split. Eddie grabbed a mic afterwards and said." That one was for Brodie" which made me tear up a bit.

Amira is a hometown favorite. She's still pretty green but I think if she sticks with it she'll go far.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Amira's great for her experience level. I was at her debut match and she's improved leaps and bounds since then.

Chris James 2 posted:

The Outrunners (Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum) defeat Sebastian Wolfe and Jacoby Watts
I'm not familiar with Watts, but Wolfe is a friend of mine and most PNW indies have been building him up a lot this year. He represents Pasqua First Nation and he's about to break out big time soon - all of the top 3 have eyes on him, so hopefully that match got some time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bonk posted:

Amira's great for her experience level. I was at her debut match and she's improved leaps and bounds since then.

I'm not familiar with Watts, but Wolfe is a friend of mine and most PNW indies have been building him up a lot this year. He represents Pasqua First Nation and he's about to break out big time soon - all of the top 3 have eyes on him, so hopefully that match got some time.

thats cool i hope to see him pop up more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Athena and Billie Starkz defeat Brooke Havok and a local talent
QT Marshall retains the AAA Latin American title over Aaron Solo
Rachael Ellering and Leyla Hirsch defeat the Renegades (Charlette and Robyn Renegade)

Collision:

Andrade el Idolo defeats Daniel Garcia
Nick Wayne defeats Dalton Castle
Sting, Darby Allin and Adam Copeland defeat Lance Archer and the Righteous (Dutch and Vincent)
La Faccion Ingobernable (Rush and Dralistico) defeat the WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake)
Roderick Strong defeats Darius Martin
Julia Hart defeats Willow Nightingale
Powerhouse Hobbs squashes a local talent with Paul Wight watching on commentary. Postmatch Don Callis says he's buried giants before. Hobbs and Wight are held back from brawling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Man I hope Darius vs. Roddy is good, Darius rules.

I'm assuming the "local competitor" is Tiara James as she posted on her socials that she was there tonight.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 11, 2023

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm just glad Lance Archer is getting some TV time for once

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Surprised Callis is on Collision, thought for sure he'd be in Japan for Jericho vs Takeshita

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if they're gonna do Julia/Stat II and pull the trigger on Julia. Would not have pegged her as a legitimate potential title holder so early in her career but it feels like she's got the momentum behind her to make it happen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Put Leyla Hirsch back on the real show please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Surprised Callis is on Collision, thought for sure he'd be in Japan for Jericho vs Takeshita

No reason he can’t be there for the match since it’s not until tomorrow