Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Collapsing Farts posted:

jesus who gives a poo poo about Garfield

Seriously. It's so unfunny. It's been unfunny from the start. I don't even know an actual kid who likes it. It's just all so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

BonoMan posted:

Seriously. It's so unfunny. It's been unfunny from the start. I don't even know an actual kid who likes it. It's just all so dumb.

If this makes you upset then I got bad news for you about 90% of stuff Hollywood produces for kids

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

shoeberto posted:

If this makes you upset then I got bad news for you about 90% of stuff Hollywood produces for kids

What does this even mean? I have young kids and they are interested in tons of stuff. I'd say they're interested in 90% of the stuff Hollywood produces!

Garfield is the outlier. Nobody is interested in Garfield. Nobody wants Garfield.

my kids are going to gain a sudden interest in Garfield now aren't they?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BonoMan posted:

I used to be obsessed with Garfield when I was in grade school like memorizing strips to the point that my parents had to take the books away from me.

In retrospect that should have been a sign

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Garfield is a good friend of mine. He’s privately very unhappy with this portrayal of him, but doesn’t want to speak out for fear of endangering the box office take since he’s on a very fixed income due to Jim Davis screwing him out of comic royalties. He really needs the money for a lap band surgery.

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

BonoMan posted:

What does this even mean? I have young kids and they are interested in tons of stuff. I'd say they're interested in 90% of the stuff Hollywood produces!

Garfield is the outlier. Nobody is interested in Garfield. Nobody wants Garfield.

my kids are going to gain a sudden interest in Garfield now aren't they?

My two year old caught Garfield's Halloween Adventure on PlutoTV last month and proceeded to watch it 40+ times. He's squealed with delight at the movie's trailer, but only when it got to 'recognizable' adult Garfield. He now sleeps with the Garfield plush toys I had in storage.

Feels like Chris Pratt is doing his very best to play the most boring possible protagonist of whatever my child is into at any given time. Please, for the love of everything, don't let him anywhere close to the Bond series.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

jesus who gives a poo poo about Garfield
People talk about looney tunes movies here with avid interest so

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Garfield was genuinely funny and clever and I adored it. Uh, 40 years ago. Garfield has been coasting on Gen X nostalgia for the days when every 3rd car had a plush Garfield suction cupped to one of the windows.

It's quite amusing that the trailer makes it look like a big part of the story is Garfield on a road trip, when the modern comic strips are legendarily bad because Jim Davis now never has the characters leave the house. Like, ever. It's just three bland panels of cat hate Monday in a mostly featureless room.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I remember loving the Garfield and Friends TV show when I was a kid. But I've never liked the cartoon strip. And I can't imagine kids caring about either today.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The filmmakers are cowards if they don’t adapt the cum strip.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I demand a clip from at least one of the Kung-Fu Creatures on the Rampage movies.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Well wat do you know it's all on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNEza_kEio

Watch for it to suddenly turn into The Plague Dogs halfway through.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There it is. Fall Guy moving from March 1 to May 3rd. Dune definitely won't move now surely.

I hope

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Release Dune 2 this week. On purpose. Out of nowhere. Don’t make me wait.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Well wat do you know it's all on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNEza_kEio

Watch for it to suddenly turn into The Plague Dogs halfway through.

Jon gets the birdshot in the face.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/sonypictures/status/1724789381062443482?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

oh ok

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m finding Sony’s attempts at creating a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe without Spider-Man endlessly funny

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
She makes Gal Gadot seem talented by comparison.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m finding Sony’s attempts at creating a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe without Spider-Man endlessly funny

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I couldn't finish the trailer - it looks sub-Morbius.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It should be about her trying to save Japanese Spider-Man and be called Madam Weeb.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I imagine they're trying to build toward some kind of team up with Venom, Kraven, Morbius, and Madame Web and will try and wrestle Tom Holland away from the MCU at some point, but like, who even wants this? Would love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings at Sony.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I really hope that Aunt May: Secret Spy movie happens now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Colonel Whitey posted:

I imagine they're trying to build toward some kind of team up with Venom, Kraven, Morbius, and Madame Web and will try and wrestle Tom Holland away from the MCU at some point, but like, who even wants this? Would love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings at Sony.

Knull fans, baby!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Colonel Whitey posted:

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1724793320269099439?s=20

I just posted this insane rumor to the Comic Book Movie thread, but if true (huge grain of salt), I don't know how Tom Holland's timeline matches up at all. But, multiverse, blah blah blah.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Crazy that Adam Scott gets to play both Uncle Ben AND Batman.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

lmao

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

I'm so tired

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Lol, I literally blanked that Kraven trailer from my brain until you said that and had to google whether it had come out yet, apparently it’s an August 2024 release but I was entirely prepared to believe it had come and gone and absolutely nobody took notice

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I thought Sony was planning a Sinister Six cinematic universe and they were all gonna team up Avengers-style at some point? Who the hell is Madam Web?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Do they say what date that movie is set on? It’s kind of vaguely “the past” and I’m sort of hoping that we get a Surprise 9/11 Ending ala Remember Me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Madame Web was this C-tier "seer" character vaguely related to Spider-Man who every so often popped up to ask Spider-Man for help. Arguably the only reason she is even remembered was the 90s cartoon where she introduced that show's multiverse arc and was voiced by Stan Lee's wife. Of course in both comics and show she was an blind, paralytic and very old woman with a web shaped chair, not Dakota Johnson.

Since this movie was written by the same people who wrote Morbius, I guess they are big fans of the 90s cartoon. Looking forward to the Hydroman and Hobgoblin movies.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sirotan posted:

I thought Sony was planning a Sinister Six cinematic universe and they were all gonna team up Avengers-style at some point? Who the hell is Madam Web?

I think the Sinister Six stuff was teased at in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, from the Andrew Garfield series.

Madame Web is a minor supporting character in the Spider-Man comics, and I'm honestly surprised she's even getting a movie.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Wasn’t it also teased with a Keaton cameo at the end of the second Holland movie or something? Also the first movie had Don Glover playing Aaron Davis and Michael Mando playing Mac Gargan so it seemed like they were setting something up but totally dropped that thread.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmfao at this

using the Billie Eilish song

we licensed

for our trailer coming out Nov 29 for a different film and the bush league publisher kept it from us

Good thing our locked trailer, :60, :30s, :20s, :15s, :10s, traffic drivers, and bumpers ALL USED THIS CUE. Just love seeing that all the work we've done just got flushed because the publisher is under the impression that they're going to double dip and not just burn bridges with studios.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Are you actually gonna use something different now? Sounds like a lot of work for something that comes out in 2 weeks.

Being associated with that tragedy of a trailer would suck though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

AceOfFlames posted:

Madame Web was this C-tier "seer" character vaguely related to Spider-Man who every so often popped up to ask Spider-Man for help. Arguably the only reason she is even remembered was the 90s cartoon where she introduced that show's multiverse arc and was voiced by Stan Lee's wife. Of course in both comics and show she was an blind, paralytic and very old woman with a web shaped chair, not Dakota Johnson.

Since this movie was written by the same people who wrote Morbius, I guess they are big fans of the 90s cartoon. Looking forward to the Hydroman and Hobgoblin movies.

She was also in that Shattered Dimensions game, which was basically Spider-Verse, but it came out a year before Miles Morales was created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

lmfao at this

using the Billie Eilish song

we licensed

for our trailer coming out Nov 29 for a different film and the bush league publisher kept it from us

Good thing our locked trailer, :60, :30s, :20s, :15s, :10s, traffic drivers, and bumpers ALL USED THIS CUE. Just love seeing that all the work we've done just got flushed because the publisher is under the impression that they're going to double dip and not just burn bridges with studios.

If it helps I hate it.