Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or dropping alan rickman in die hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
just lie and betray actors, tell them you’ll drop them on the count of three and drop them on one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
William Friedkin would just slap a bitch to get the right performance out of him

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tell them on the count of 3 pretend the giant monster that isn’t there just punched you, then tell the CGI guys to animate the punch on the count of 2 :xd:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Sagebrush posted:

No 100 million dollar marvel movie CGI battle Royale spectacular will ever look as good as launching Jackie Chan off a pneumatic trampoline into a pile of cardboard boxes

i don't think there many humans that can take as much punishment as jackie chan though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well-read undead posted:

i don't think there many humans that can take as much punishment as jackie chan though

this generation is so soft

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

William Friedkin would just slap a bitch to get the right performance out of him
and/or use the first take because it had what he wanted, and needed to save budget for the giant car chase he had planned for later

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

and/or use the first take because it had what he wanted, and needed to save budget for the giant car chase he had planned for later

unless he was working with Pacino, whom he hated for not being any good for the first few takes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

psiox posted:

started watching 'near dark' again and lol at all the people that were also in 'aliens' hell yeah
they keep odd hours

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

well-read undead posted:

like 1979 alien? imo it's a perfect movie
:hai:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

unless he was working with Pacino, whom he hated for not being any good for the first few takes

The Russians used a rehearsal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the other actors did rehearse but good luck getting Pacino to show up for that. Friedkin also complained that they had to give Al a call time 2 hours early if they wanted him to only be an hour late

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what movie is that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
meet the parents?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's amazing how Alien/Aliens both hold up so well after all these years.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

echinopsis posted:

meet the parents?

I watched this recentlish and its still amusing i think? kinda forgettable i guess tho

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

what movie is that
no, Cruising

i was more talking about To Live And Die In L.A. he had the first setup, did one take with Bill Petersen, and said "got it, let's move on", and Petersen couldn't believe anyone would work so fast

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It's amazing how Alien/Aliens both hold up so well after all these years.

and for completely different reasons

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imma download aliens so can watch it soon

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i had a think and decided it's time to pop in the first dvd of patrick mcgoohan's "the prisoner" again

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I'm not going to post gifs from the latest Dr. Who but I can confidently say it's going to boil so much piss.

https://www.tumblr.com/spockvarietyhour/735037848233869312

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

25 years since Sleeping In Light first aired :qq:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

psiox posted:

i had a think and decided it's time to pop in the first dvd of patrick mcgoohan's "the prisoner" again

there are, i think, about five excellent episodes, total. but man, they are really good episodes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
smika says hi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAmLaD83zT8

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0N4haLOWQ

:hmmyes:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://x.com/cannonfilmguide/status/1728847892507770999

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

watched “christine” last night for the first time in decades, holds up decently except for horny 70s teenagers being lovely. found out blumhouse is doing a remake which I assume will just be cg and gore

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
realized I'd never seen the full run of season 1 of Black Adder, so I'm rectifying that. much funnier than expected, and Brian Blessed is a treat. funny to see Baldrick as far more competent than the later series

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think it's my favourite, tbh

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i finished what's available of the foundation show last night. it's official: it's better than the books. it took a bit before i was fully on board, but i'm a fan now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

considering the quality of the books as a whole, that's not saying much

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

i finished what's available of the foundation show last night. it's official: it's better than the books. it took a bit before i was fully on board, but i'm a fan now

yeah. It started slow but im into it now.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

infernal machines posted:

its not, but its still a good show.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

major spoiler warning! it's a psychic robot on the moon. the whole thing is orchestrated by a psychic robot on the moon. foundation? second foundation? the mule? all a psychic robot on the moon

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

the acknowledgment makes me want to watch it all the more

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i just finished 'blindsight' today and drat that was extremely dope

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

major spoiler warning! it's a psychic robot on the moon. the whole thing is orchestrated by a psychic robot on the moon. foundation? second foundation? the mule? all a psychic robot on the moon

cmon, this take is tepid. it's obviously better than the trash that was the last couple of books. saying that it's better than "the books" in general means that it's also better than the first couple, which is a meaningful (though not extreme: they're just "fine-to-good") statement

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah that rules and I’m glad the show is leaning in to it rather than away. the books sucked imo I only made it halfway through the second

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

cmon, this take is tepid. it's obviously better than the trash that was the last couple of books. saying that it's better than "the books" in general means that it's also better than the first couple, which is a meaningful (though not extreme: they're just "fine-to-good") statement

i quite liked the first two, i just love to make that joke because it's so absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

psiox posted:

i just finished 'blindsight' today and drat that was extremely dope

i keep telling my buddy who has had personal correspondence with peter watts that this book is amazing. but the motherfucker will not read it