Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I eventually gave up on the Film Vault because, while I defended Bald all the time on the ACS, I found his movie takes often uh hard to appreciate. Anderson's were better though he talked in circles and tilted at windmills a lot. Agree it was WAY more listen-able than your average movie podcast, though, and they had pretty good chemistry. Bald probably got better after I stopped listening, too.

Anderson would say Bald was suckling at Carolla's teat a lot, and yeah Anderson had something like a mild case of oppositional defiant disorder, probably from his lovely dad, but I can't remember any specific instances.

I imagine it's tough for Bryan. He's mostly liberal based on his tweets and what he's talked about over the years, but he can't bring himself to say anything bad about Adam. Dude is responsible for his career and success in life. I was hoping his mask would drop a bit when he got fired from the ACS, but nope, he still guests on it. I think they're likely friends with an agreement to never talk politics.

Man I miss the early days of the show. Adam/Teresa got into some great arguments and had legit points on both sides of issues. But politics has become theater even more than it was back then nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I remember Bryan pushing back some when I used to listen, but that was ages ago. He always seemed all right. Adam did legit help him when he had cancer and made his career so I can see him having a lot of complicated feelings there.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Teresa also seems to be cool with him.

Maybe he shuts the gently caress up about all of it when he’s away from the mic? I still wouldn’t be cool with it, but who knows.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I seem to remember reading that Adam is relatively quiet and easy-going off the air? May have been in one of his books, in which case who knows. It's been a while.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I think it's pretty normal for performers to have their on air and off air personalities that are quite different. I can believe Adam's an rear end in a top hat but also if you're hanging out he's just normal and talking about cars or whatever instead of complaining about foreigners or whatever the podcast is now.

I remember Loveline era discussions of him not speaking much off air. The never shuts up thing is performing mode. Or was 20 years ago anyway.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Adam is talkative off the air. I remember Jimmy making fun of how he'd go on long rants about stuff on Sundays watching the football games.

I don't blame Bryan for being a kiss-rear end. Adam was really good to him and job prospects were not good for someone with brain cancer. Teresa seems to be Hollywood nice to everyone which is why she would get hosting jobs on celebrity shows.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah pretty sure Adam was always a talker. Guys voted class clowns aren't usually shrinking violets. I remember Adam mentioning that some racing instructor marveled at the fact that Adam continued chatting over the radio even as he hit a corner too hot (or something) and started fishtailing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I checked out some episodes of the Film Vault based on the posts here. Has Bryan's tumor come back? He's having a hard time pronouncing his consonants, and it's... sad? to hear. :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Depending on where you landed he was on some pretty wicked medication last year, and also has had a health scare a few months ago. Like as a regular listener I barely notice but when they replay old episodes it is very noticeable how different he sounds.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Medullah posted:

I imagine it's tough for Bryan. He's mostly liberal based on his tweets and what he's talked about over the years, but he can't bring himself to say anything bad about Adam. Dude is responsible for his career and success in life. I was hoping his mask would drop a bit when he got fired from the ACS, but nope, he still guests on it. I think they're likely friends with an agreement to never talk politics.

Man I miss the early days of the show. Adam/Teresa got into some great arguments and had legit points on both sides of issues. But politics has become theater even more than it was back then nowadays.
Yeah I was always a little annoyed at Anderson for calling Bryan out, like sometimes things are under the rug for a good reason (like what do you expect him to do? Is it just some weird self-insert fantasy?). But Bryan seemed borderline indestructible psychologically and also very go-along-to-get-along so I think compared to you know cancer etc. it probably wasn't much of an issue for him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm pretty sure I remember Adam mentioning early on how they provided employees with health insurance. That's literally life and death for someone with brain cancer. Anderson is an idiot for expecting him to "stand up" and get himself fired.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
The fact that just “standing up” to Adam can get you fired is pretty bullshit regardless.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
One of the easiest things in the world is telling someone else they should take a stand.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I checked out some episodes of the Film Vault based on the posts here. Has Bryan's tumor come back? He's having a hard time pronouncing his consonants, and it's... sad? to hear. :(

Yeah I noticed that too in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bIgeMzbIs

Very sad if it means what we all think it means. I wasn’t always a huge fan of BB but ATEOTD he’s clearly a good guy and didn’t deserve such a Kafkaesque medical situation. :(

But regardless, the video I linked is super interesting if you’re into old Loveline lore and especially if you’re a fan of Anderson’s antics on LL and how he clashed hilariously with Adam.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Shut up Anderson, just shut up and do the buttons, would you please?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I listen to a small podcast called Grifthorse with comedians Megan Beth Koester and Howard Kremer. MBK was hired to be one of several "judges" for the people who paid for this. They paid her like, $100 but didn't make her sign an NDA. She talked about it on the pod and said one of the people was Alex Jones' lawyer, doing bits about being Alex Jones' lawyer. Also a guy had a "why are all the pencils number 2? Where's the number 1? Number 3?" bit

bartok
May 10, 2006

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1730276631598788848?s=20
I really hope Danny Trejo is just one of those actors who never says no to any project like Eric Roberts or Forest Whitaker.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

bartok posted:

I really hope Danny Trejo is just one of those actors who never says no to any project like Eric Roberts or Forest Whitaker.

https://twitter.com/officialDannyT/status/781552213118156800

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bartok posted:

He is that but he’s also got some zany ideas about vaccines.

edit: lol candace owen

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Patrick Warburton? Come on Sampson, don’t do me like that.

bartok
May 10, 2006

holefoods posted:

I feel like he's always been a secret Republican like Vince Vaughn.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

What's the link? It doesn't load.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

holefoods posted:

Oh god loving dammit, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpZDqxVFCI

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Didn’t he already make a lovely mr birchum cartoon like 20 years ago? Or am I misremembering something from crank yankers?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

Didn’t he already make a lovely mr birchum cartoon like 20 years ago? Or am I misremembering something from crank yankers?

He made a lovely pilot that wasn't picked up. He's talked about having to argue with overseas animators on things like telling them what candy bar to draw, and they didn't get the "joke".

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ralph Hurley posted:

Mr. Birchum is older than that he's been doing the character since his Groundlings days.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
He shoehorned Birchum into Crank Yankers too. I think he started doing it on KROQ, so it's almost a 40 year old bit at this point.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Y’all just don’t get the epic and heartfelt story that adam is gonna tell with the expanded birchumverse

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Comedy factory not

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Get it on

A passionate man

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Comedy museum

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Such a weird project. I sort of get if it was just an animated series that Daily Wire picked up, but including Candace Owens and Megyn Kelly in it should have gotten some of those big names to pull out.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

mark immune posted:

Comedy museum

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Not the exhibits but some artifacts in a dusty box in the back of the basement

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
yeah like those weird taxidermy specimens people raid for fishing flies

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Red posted:

Oh god loving dammit, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpZDqxVFCI

"There was not a candidate out there this year that represented me."

Which, fair I guess?. We really gotta start getting better ones in general. The bar is so low at this point but everyone keeps tripping over it. Because they're too old. Can't raise their legs that high, gotta do a little shuffle, you see.

Anyway, I am genuinely pretty curious as to how all this Daily Wire Cinematic Universe stuff is gonna turn out. Not enough to give them any money or support, but I am hoping for a glorious train wreck.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Trejo is absolutely a guy who never says no to anything.

His IMDB has 427 acting credits and he has 32 upcoming! That's an insane amount.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

Such a weird project. I sort of get if it was just an animated series that Daily Wire picked up, but including Candace Owens and Megyn Kelly in it should have gotten some of those big names to pull out.

I bet they did not have any of the voiceactors even within the same time zone as one another, so the only way they’d know is if daily wire went out of their way to tell

Gonna be like that bored ape cartoon that got like three episodes in before being mercifully put down

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this will be so epic!!!!!!!!!! i guess elon musk wasnt free 💔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I cringe at what the plot lines will be.

Conservative screed at three frames per second.