Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
the one called Square isn’t even square.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
WebP (pronounced "weppy")[5][6]

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

people who use webp should be thrown off the internet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Texas schools don't be racist for one goddamn day challenge (impossible)

quote:

In 2003, a high school marching band from Paris, Texas, played the "Horst-Wessel-Lied" while waving a Nazi flag at a football match at Hillcrest High School in Dallas. The performance coincided with the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. The performance, which was meant to symbolize the history of World War II and also included musical selections and flags from Japan, France, the United Kingdom, and the United States, was greeted with boos from the audience which threw objects at the band. The school superintendent apologized to the Dallas school district and removed the flag from future performances of the composition.[56]

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

This article appears to be slanted towards recent events. Please try to keep recent events in historical perspective and add more content related to non-recent events. (April 2020)

Storage of wine is an important consideration for wine that is being kept for long-term aging. While most wine is consumed within 24 hours of purchase, fine wines are often set aside for long-term storage.

See also

Blue Grotto, former underground wine storage vaults in the anchorages of the Brooklyn Bridge, on the Manhattan side

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

doesn't wine basically turn into vinegar after a few years and all those dumbasses buying vintage wine are buying poo poo they'd puke if they ever tried to actually drink?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
No.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If it wasn't sealed properly and oxygen has seeped into the bottle over the years, then yes it'll be spoiled. Same deal if the cork rotted.

Otherwise no, the flavour changes over time but it isn't necessarily "spoiled".

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

from the list of individual bears

- MacFarlane's Bear, an abnormal-looking grizzly bear killed by Inuit hunters in 1864 and initially believed to represent a new species. Later examination determined it to be a grizzly bear.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_U.S._Navy_slang
Anal Palace: The fast attack submarine USS Annapolis.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

An animation of the 727's rear airstair deploying in flight, with Cooper jumping off: The gravity-operated apparatus remained open until the aircraft landed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

go play outside Skyler posted:

An animation of the 727's rear airstair deploying in flight, with Cooper jumping off: The gravity-operated apparatus remained open until the aircraft landed.

katana is missing??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Many fashion observers concluded that Pat Nixon did not greatly advance the cause of American fashion.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Just a few months earlier, Donovan's hit single "Mellow Yellow" (1966) had been released, and in the popular culture of the era, the song was assumed to be about smoking banana peels. On August 6, 1967, shortly after the song's release, bananadine was featured in a New York Times Magazine article titled "Cool Talk About Hot Drugs".[2]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A Fire Upon the Deep is a 1992 science fiction novel by American writer Vernor Vinge. It is a space opera involving superhuman intelligences, aliens, variable physics, space battles, love, betrayal, genocide, and a communication medium resembling Usenet.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The designers had croissants burst from Glass Joe as he is knocked out.[9]

fankey
Aug 31, 2001

Both films have the same title and each is about a man killed in a vehicle crash who is subsequently reanimated as a living snowman. They differ in that the 1997 movie is a slasher film, while the 1998 film is family-friendly.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_elephants

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

quote:

It is an erotic picture. Author: Myself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
or as "people's tea", as the rice served as a filler and reduced the price of the tea, making it historically more available for poorer Japanese. Today all segments of society drink genmaicha.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
In Korea, the tea is consumed either hot or cold,

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cheez-It crackers are 26-by-24-millimetre (1.0 by 0.94 in) rectangles, though they are often believed to be squares[citation needed].

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In 2015 Vox listed Williams' device as Number 5 on its list of "7 horrifying attempts at building a better mousetrap", and in 2012 Business Insider called it "the best mousetrap ever".

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 11, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Williams said that the invention could also be used to "kill any person or thing opening [a] door or window to which it is attached".[1]

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/in extremely Ryu from Street Fighter voice ODZOOKENS

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The ACE curriculum in "Science 1096" asserts that solar fusion is a myth, describing it as "an invention of evolution scientists."[41]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

zounds!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

and now I know!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
and knowing is half the battle

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

lol, a large number of pages on wikipedia are using a fake costume jewelry knockoff of the Order of Victory (the highest military award in the Soviet union) as their image, despite having many real images on wikimedia commons.

Someone tried to replace the fake image with a real one and the edit got reverted

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Captain Hygiene posted:

The ACE curriculum in "Science 1096" asserts that solar fusion is a myth, describing it as "an invention of evolution scientists."[41]

ACE/PACE is insane and should be banned from any state "homeschool" accreditation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

spookykid posted:

ACE/PACE is insane and should be banned from any state "homeschool" accreditation.

No kidding. The textbooks came up in another thread (in the context of "scientists cannot explain electricity, some think it comes from the sun, or the earth's rotation" :eng99:), and they looked familiar enough that I suddenly remembered having seen them before. I don't think I read any, but I think they had some at our church library or something when I was a kid.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tunicate posted:

lol, a large number of pages on wikipedia are using a fake costume jewelry knockoff of the Order of Victory (the highest military award in the Soviet union) as their image, despite having many real images on wikimedia commons.

Someone tried to replace the fake image with a real one and the edit got reverted

the wonky glued stone setting :allears:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

discussions included whether the scene was "contrived and forced",[53] whether the Master Chief had committed a war crime by having sex with a prisoner of war who was unable to properly provide her consent, and whether this was considered as atypical behavior of the Master Chief

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
While aboard the ship Greyhound, Newton gained notoriety as being one of the most profane men the captain had ever met. In a culture where sailors habitually swore, Newton was admonished several times for not only using the worst words the captain had ever heard, but creating new ones to exceed the limits of verbal debauchery.[11]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Midjack posted:

In 2015 Vox listed Williams' device as Number 5 on its list of "7 horrifying attempts at building a better mousetrap", and in 2012 Business Insider called it "the best mousetrap ever".

Out of desperation, I bought an electronic rat trap. It ran on 4 size C or D batteries and required an app and wifi connection so it could notify you when it electrocuted one.