Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I know I'm hardly the first person to say this, but SS:KtJL really does seem like the most obviously DOA that any AAA game release has been in a while. Hope Rocksteady survives this without too many layoffs and goes back to making single-player games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

I know I'm hardly the first person to say this, but SS:KtJL really does seem like the most obviously DOA that any AAA game release has been in a while. Hope Rocksteady survives this without too many layoffs and goes back to making single-player games.

I am pretty sure anything less than a huge success means the studio is dead considering the current state of the industry.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, if I'm working there, I'd be updating my LinkedIn and putting out feelers NOW.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Barry Convex posted:

I think Immortals of Aveum is estimated to have done 30,000 sales, so SS can at least know there's no way it'll crater that horribly. But yeah this is death.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Excited to heatwave infuse my bane rage gcpd shotgun

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Joker and his iconic weapon, an umbrella.

Not like there are any other DC characters closely associated with umbrellas

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

The penguin is in the game. You capture him and make him your arms dealer. Your support team consists of penguin, Hiro Okamura Toyman, Gizmo, Flagg, Waller, new character named Hacker whobisbjust thinker but a black lady, and an enslaved child Poison Ivy.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 23, 2024

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Well, I mean, c'mon, it's not like any of those characters have a TV show coming out soon that you'd expect this game to do a cross-promotion with...

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't wait to Batman infuse my Riddler content

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Suicide squad can be played solo, but still has to have an internet connection to work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is this a Gotham Mafia thing to have some goons break down someone's door and call them an ambulance after breaking a hand and let that 2300$ bill be a warning or are there any actual named criminals that would pull that one on people?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaz-L posted:

I just remembered King Shark is voiced by of all people, AEW World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe? He's FAT!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'll admit, watching Joker fly around like Mary Poppins was amusing and he looks fun to play as. Not fun enough to pay $70 for this and hear Tara Strong screech her way through the god awful script. But still fun.

People on Twitter have already condemned the Joker DLC and the general consensus seems to be it's the worst iteration of Joker ever, defeating Leto's version. haha

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

The penguin is in the game. You capture him and make him your arms dealer. Your support team consists of penguin, Hiro Okamura Toyman, Gizmo, Flagg, Waller, new character named Hacker whobisbjust thinker but a black lady, and an enslaved child Poison Ivy.

Wouldn't Calculator have made more sense than making a new character.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
they had to kill the justice league to make room for more jokers

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wouldn't Calculator have made more sense than making a new character.

Or they could have just made Calculator a Black woman.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Or thinker ai

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 24, 2024

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The next DLC characters are gender-swapped Mr. Freeze named Victoria Fries, Deadshot's kid who is an assassin now, and Deathstroke.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Killer croc and katana too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Killer croc and katana too

Using her gun that shoots swords. I would advise not being ganked by her

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Katana and her trademark weapon: a gun

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Katana and her trademark weapon: a gun

Like her Suicide Squadmate, the Australian Captain Gun.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Only the magic of video games can make Shark with a Gun a disappointing concept.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

mycot posted:

Only the magic of video games can make Shark with a Gun a disappointing concept.

for a good shark with a gun game, might I reccomend Manhunter, where you can mutate to shoot radioactive blasts amongst other things.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lobok posted:

[rips mask off Vandar]
A-ha! So it was a Sony executive this whole time!

GODDAMMIT.

Mr Hootington posted:

Hacker's not a new character, is she?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Zalika_(Prime_Earth)

Is this not who Rocksteady is using?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The next DLC characters are gender-swapped Mr. Freeze named Victoria Fries, Deadshot's kid who is an assassin now, and Deathstroke.

I stupidly assumed they'd do something mildly clever and use Nora Fries

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Soonmot posted:

for a good shark with a gun game, might I reccomend Manhunter, where you can mutate to shoot radioactive blasts amongst other things.

For a good gun with a shark game, might I recommend Armed and Dangerous.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Samovar posted:

For a good gun with a shark game, might I recommend Armed and Dangerous.

I think Saints Row 3 also had a version of this.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ratchet and Clank has a gun that shoots out sharks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Review outlets aren't being given their review codes despite the game coming out in less than a week, game is loving cooked

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As if that wasn't obvious when they tried to get people in the beta to astroturf for them when actual journalists were poo poo-talking the preview builds? The big giveaway there was them not waiving the NDA for the footage of the beta.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Review outlets aren't being given their review codes despite the game coming out in less than a week, game is loving cooked

lol

Yeah every game I can remember where codes haven't come out early is because they're hoping to sucker in pre-orders and people who can't wait for reviews to finish up and get all the money upfront early because they know once reviews and word of mouth is out, nobody will buy it

Except word of mouth was bad from the very start so I don't even think they're gonna get that many suckers to pre-order

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Barry Convex posted:

Rocksteady experienced a lot of talent drain after Arkham Knight's release (nine years ago, Jesus). As I understand it, there's basically no one left at the studio who actually did hands-on work on any of the mainline Arkham games.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Luckily today they announced the battlepasses don't expire.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

lol

Yeah every game I can remember where codes haven't come out early is because they're hoping to sucker in pre-orders and people who can't wait for reviews to finish up and get all the money upfront early because they know once reviews and word of mouth is out, nobody will buy it

Except word of mouth was bad from the very start so I don't even think they're gonna get that many suckers to pre-order

There was a digital deluxe trailer released today and the comments on YouTube are how great the game looks or how the person wasn't sure "until the trailer came out". Lots of people seem to be preordering just because you can wear the JL suits. I think a lot of people are preordering this unfortunately.

There are some who will get the game on the 30th of January, apparently.

Oh. You can have weapon charms now.

Still looks like rear end though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91yZBxO-6E

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, Tara Strong as Harley is just more and more nails on a chalkboard.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Lots of people seem to be preordering just because you can wear the JL suits. I think a lot of people are preordering this unfortunately.

Yeah I'm sure that they have a ton of preorders. Whether it's because people love the Arkham games or because they love the SS or whatever other reason, I feel like it's inevitable that this game will make money. It's just a matter of how much and (if it's as bad as early reviews say) how much is getting refunded...

I won't lie though, if it weren't for every other bad thing about the game, the concept of playing as King Shark in a Superman suit definitely appeals to me on a primal level.

e: lol just watched the trailer and a freakin' bonus is to play with black-and-white versions of the characters. Guess they saw the hardcore Snyderbros going nuts over a black and white Justice League and were like "hey there's money we're leaving on the table here"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 27, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The real test will be if it has enough retention to maintain the seasons

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThermoPhysical posted:

There was a digital deluxe trailer released today and the comments on YouTube are how great the game looks or how the person wasn't sure "until the trailer came out". Lots of people seem to be preordering just because you can wear the JL suits. I think a lot of people are preordering this unfortunately.

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory