Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Bozza posted:

Traitors

Jaz missed the most obvious loving play in the end game which is why would he call another vote if he was a traitor???? he would have won if they were both faithful and he knew it.

She knew he wasn't a traitor, she was just hoping all three of them were faithful and Jaz had made a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Traitors

Gutted for Jaz, the odds were massively against him but he almost swung it irregardless. I don't think the critics are being realistic about how it'd likely have gone for him if he'd tried to go in harder against Harry in front of Andrew, Evie (who trusted Harry and was looking for anyone else to put the heat on), and Mollie. All he could do was try and stay in the game and hope Mollie saw sense.

The Mollie/Harry thing just feels genuinely uncomfortable. Terrible player but I hope she doesn't spend the next six months getting mocked.

Very weird and quite funny to have Rayan from last season showing up like Rod Serling to deliver the moral for this season: https://twitter.com/tweetsbyrayan/status/1751005036727963978

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Annabel Pee posted:

She knew he wasn't a traitor, she was just hoping all three of them were faithful and Jaz had made a mistake.

I agree but at this point in the game it's extremely dumb. I'm maybe metagaming too much but she either votes Harry and walks away with money or votes Jaz out of some insane loyalty to Harry and walks away with the same amount of money OR nothing

minema
May 31, 2011

Bozza posted:

sidebar but is Blood on the Clocktower decent? from what I've read, I'd love the premise but I don't wanna get stuck being the bloody game master

I love it but you definitely have to have a good group for it. We have one main person who runs it and a second who sometimes does to let the other play. We play online via the free website and discord so it's been easier getting a regular group together and it's free! If you're interested try watching a few games of it, the No Roles Barred YouTube channel is my favourite, start with the oldest videos as they play the beginner character sets there. There are also in person games in a lot of places but I've never been to one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone involved, except Evie who didn’t really have a leg to stand on so was helpless, approached the finale in the worst possible way and made such dumb moves that it quite incredibly canceled each others out and made for good tv. A solid end, deserved winner.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 27, 2024

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Traitors:
lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Traitors:

That last ten or so minutes at the table was some of the hardest TV to watch. Bless Mollie, she had no idea Harry had played her the whole time. Agree that everyone kinda hosed up but the odds were so stacked against the faithfuls at that point. Harry getting to a vote with Mollie was his best way to win and he just managed to get there.

Really good season that.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
watched Traitors up to the penultimate episode

Zach: "I'm very cerebral :smug:"

*fails to solve basic lateral thinking puzzle that any regular Take a Break reader would solve in a few seconds*

*runs at potential trap situation carrying treasure, something any magpie would know not to do*

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Traitors again

I listened to Uncloaked while making lunch and I'm now convinced that the easiest way to get Harry out would have been to just let him speak and not interrupt him. He played a very very good game but uh I'm not convinced there's much there between the ears.

Mollie also mentioned how she doesn't think anyone ever came up to her with anything about Harry. Conversations were happening but she was never in them, so she had no reason to doubt him right up to that final moment (it was pointed out that this was probably because she was with Harry). Had Jaz made more of an effort with her to put his suspicions across then maybe she doesn't change her mind. As it was he was always going to struggle with her vs. Harry.

It does sound like Mollie and Harry are still friends though which is good. Harry also has a partner I don't think he ever mentioned (I suppose they could have got together after filming), can't imagine that's an easy watch for them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Traitors
I've not watched it, is it good?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Much easier to watch without having to wait for the next episode.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m in the US and had just looked at this thread to see if there’s any shows I should check out. After seeing pages of spoilered text I had to sign up for a vpn so I can watch Traitors, I guess I’m easily suggestible. Hope it’s good!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Good luck, Snowy. It's one of those shows/concepts that's about as appealing to me as swimming in raw sewage so god knows I can't loving wait for it to be over and the thread get back to normal again.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sentinel Red posted:

Good luck, Snowy. It's one of those shows/concepts that's about as appealing to me as swimming in raw sewage so god knows I can't loving wait for it to be over and the thread get back to normal again.

Thanks, I usually hate reality shows so I’ll probably be in the same boat as you, but I like British tv so I’m sure the vpn will be worth it either way :)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do season one first, then when you do s2 make sure to watch Traitors: Uncloaked too as it’s a really good aftershow.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

EL BROMANCE posted:

Do season one first, then when you do s2 make sure to watch Traitors: Uncloaked too as it’s a really good aftershow.

Thanks, definitely looking forward to that, I love Ed Gamble as a podcast host

sirotocus
Sep 26, 2004
If you want to get angry at your TV then give Traitors Australia season 2 a go. I can't imagine any version of this show having a more oblivious cast. And one of the traitors on it has to be the most obnoxious person I've seen on the various versions of this I've watched.

The sheriff don't miss! PEWPEW!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Loved traitors s2 so much we’ve gone back to start s1 as we missed it at the time. Interesting to see it as a ‘new’ concept, and having things clearly explained to us. Absolutely no way everyone learns one another’s name in the, what, one day before they go to banishing!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

sirotocus posted:

If you want to get angry at your TV then give Traitors Australia season 2 a go. I can't imagine any version of this show having a more oblivious cast. And one of the traitors on it has to be the most obnoxious person I've seen on the various versions of this I've watched.

I've queued that up next. The first season was far superior to the US one so hoping this continues.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I saw all the Traitors talk itt then watched the trailer for the US version, not realizing there was a difference at first, and thought you were all crazy because it looked terrible. Glad I took another look and realized I was checking out the wrong one :v:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Snowy posted:

I saw all the Traitors talk itt then watched the trailer for the US version, not realizing there was a difference at first, and thought you were all crazy because it looked terrible. Glad I took another look and realized I was checking out the wrong one :v:

The US one is a bit fun in it's own way, but the inclusion of reality stars/C-listers/influencers makes it a far inferior show. It was quite clear from the off those people wanted drama.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sirotocus posted:

Ohh poo poo, I didn't realise there had been a second series of the Australian one. Nice one!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Gladiators producers need to get one of the contestants to take a dive on Gauntlet, it just seems a free ten points.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Ohh poo poo, I didn't realise there had been a second series of the Australian one. Nice one!

The second Australian season has one of the best finales ever IMO. Just… *chef’s kiss*

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

britishbornandbread posted:

Loved traitors s2 so much we’ve gone back to start s1 as we missed it at the time. Interesting to see it as a ‘new’ concept, and having things clearly explained to us. Absolutely no way everyone learns one another’s name in the, what, one day before they go to banishing!

At that early stage I’d definitely just be naming people who weren’t very good at the tasks, or led a charge to get someone who is good at the tasks but a faithful banished. There’s no imperative to get traitors out that early anyway, so just do what you can to preserve yourself.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Watched the Traitors final tonight - my issue with it is that the rules at the end of the game are completely broken. By having the players banish until they are done - and with the banished players revealing if they were a traitor - there is only one possible tactic a traitor can take: sacrifice a traitor.

In this instance coming into the final the faithfuls could be 100% sure there was at least one Traitor left as no traitors had been unmasked since Zack got murdered. Once Evie was banished, and revealed she was a faithful, there was still clearly at least one traitor left. This ended up being resolved when Andrew got canned, but if, say Jaz had been voted off instead, it would have been clear there was still a traitor and they would have kept banishing until they got one. So it was literally impossible that both Harry and Andrew could win.

They should have a looser structure for the final, where the contestants can choose to banish or not at will, banished players do not reveal if they’re faithfuls and they just have to collectively decide to end by themselves. I guess they don’t do that partially because it’s easier to film a more rigid structure, and they want to artificially guarantee the drama of the traitors knifing each other. Also it’s total bullshit that the contestants aren’t able to properly debate any more once the pouches come out (and incidentally, Claudia constantly saying “pouches” really undermined the drama).

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

In this instance coming into the final the faithfuls could be 100% sure there was at least one Traitor left as no traitors had been unmasked since Zack got murdered. Once Evie was banished, and revealed she was a faithful, there was still clearly at least one traitor left. This ended up being resolved when Andrew got canned, but if, say Jaz had been voted off instead, it would have been clear there was still a traitor and they would have kept banishing until they got one. So it was literally impossible that both Harry and Andrew could win.

If Jaz had been voted off instead of Andrew, there would have been 2 traitors and 1 faithful so they just vote out Mollie and split the money. If there's only one traitor going in to the final though they're basically hosed outside of the faithfuls voting out each other until there's only one left.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
TRAITORS S2

that was such a thrilling finale, but I still feel bad for Mollie, she just had to follow the clues and listen to Jaz, the Traitors were voting each other out at the end and to see the social media posts calling her stupid was still out of line. she was young and trusted the guy with a girlfriend and family.

I still think the Claudia hug and Champagne scene was still very thrilling. This is one of the best hosting jobs for Claudes.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

dordreff posted:

If Jaz had been voted off instead of Andrew, there would have been 2 traitors and 1 faithful so they just vote out Mollie and split the money.

They don't even need to do that - suppose Andrew had been there in place of Jaz at the end. At that point Harry votes game over again, so does Mollie, and so does Andrew. If either traitor votes for the game to continue they're either counting on them both voting Mollie out (in which case they might as well have voted for game over), or taking a 50-50 shot of themselves losing. And by voting for the game to continue you're signalling that you don't want to share the money, so it instantly makes an enemy of the other traitor, with no way to really argue against them. So that's a bad move unless you can guarantee the remaining Faithful's vote, and it could still have lost Harry the game.

Though yeah I guess that if Andrew had remained the smart players would realise that no traitors had gone and so they should be still voting for the game to continue. I guess Mollie should get some credit, she may have realised that...

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 28, 2024

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Marmaduke! posted:

They don't even need to do that - suppose Andrew had been there in place of Jaz at the end. At that point Harry votes game over again, so does Mollie,

Mollie should realize there is still a traitor in the room at this point, as none have been voted out, however trust and high pressure situation come into play.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Watched the Traitors final tonight - my issue with it is that the rules at the end of the game are completely broken. By having the players banish until they are done - and with the banished players revealing if they were a traitor - there is only one possible tactic a traitor can take: sacrifice a traitor.

They should have a looser structure for the final, where the contestants can choose to banish or not at will, banished players do not reveal if they’re faithfuls and they just have to collectively decide to end by themselves. I guess they don’t do that partially because it’s easier to film a more rigid structure, and they want to artificially guarantee the drama of the traitors knifing each other. Also it’s total bullshit that the contestants aren’t able to properly debate any more once the pouches come out (and incidentally, Claudia constantly saying “pouches” really undermined the drama).

The rules probably are broken and do lead to the Traitors having the upper hand, but the game was over well before the finale. Mollie said on Uncloaked that nobody had ever included her in conversations about Harry right up until just before the round table where Jaz explained his concerns. The problem was that Mollie 100% believed Harry, but had doubts about Jaz. So they go into that final vote and Mollie almost makes the right decision, but seeks out and gets reassurance from Harry which changes her mind. Had Jaz been able to rope her into his theories earlier in the program, or had Harry's grip on Mollie not been so tight, she might not have changed her vote. Going into the final route table I think the only chance they had was for Jaz to vote for Harry and force a tiebreak, use that to convince Mollie that Harry is too suspicious, and that'd be an easier decision than literally "my best mate who I completely trust" vs "guy I think might be a traitor".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

thinking about it, it’s kinda crazy that Evie was a dead woman walking going into the finale. Everyone knew she would be offed…

Except 2 of them knew she wasn’t a traitor because they were a traitor, 1 of them was Evie herself so knew she wasn’t a traitor, 1 of them had a deep held theory that it was Harry that was the traitor, and one of them was Mollie. Despite being a minority at that point, traitors truly ran that first round and that’s where Jaz should’ve gone harder when the numbers were on his side, because at that point they were literally running a Zach theory from days ago and Evie defended herself brilliantly the day before.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Taear posted:

I still remember Trunkie and how Paphetis said it was useless poo poo because he smashed it up

that was his thing, he went out of his way to break any product or prototype with brute force then

LOOK, IT BROKE, USELESS, I'M OUT

Lemon
May 22, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

thinking about it, it’s kinda crazy that Evie was a dead woman walking going into the finale. Everyone knew she would be offed…

Except 2 of them knew she wasn’t a traitor because they were a traitor, 1 of them was Evie herself so knew she wasn’t a traitor, 1 of them had a deep held theory that it was Harry that was the traitor, and one of them was Mollie. Despite being a minority at that point, traitors truly ran that first round and that’s where Jaz should’ve gone harder when the numbers were on his side, because at that point they were literally running a Zach theory from days ago and Evie defended herself brilliantly the day before.

Yeah, this is where Jaz hosed it, I reckon. He'd been in that conversation with Andrew and Evie the day before where Harry was briefly discussed. On the last day, he really needed to go back to them and solidify that, because even if he was suspicious of Andrew, the only way to get rid of Harry was a 3 v 2 in the first banishment.

I guess maybe he was working on the basis that Mollie was the only one who he felt sure was faithful and/or that the other 2 would side with him at the round table without any prep work needed.

But then his attempt at questioning Harry at the round table was really pretty poor anyway. He started off perfectly, wording it so that he was able to trap Harry into telling a 100% lie, about the Paul thing. And then he just... did nothing with it. Harry was flapping and backtracking, saying he actually might have mentioned it casually, and Jaz just didn't go after him at all.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Traitors: if nobody objects is it okay if I do a thread for next series? it'll save UKGBPD having pages of spoilered posts

I realise editing will come into it but in the last few round tables Harry was grinning like an idiot to the point of having to hide his face behind his hands and that really should have been spotted

It's disappointing how docile some of the faithful were, but then they did go after the most assertive characters first, with the exception of Zach who they kept around for tactical reasons. I think if it'd been Zach rather than Jaz in the final, and Jaz had had that word in Zach's ear about Harry, it could have been a different outcome.

I really wish Diane had stuck to her guns after she clocked Harry panicking when he was made a traitor by Claudia at the first round table, but she was fixated on Anthony because he'd been rude to her before the game even started lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
also did anyone else notice that Harry spelt almost everyone's name incorrectly on his chalkboards? I made a wee minigame out of it for myself

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
great comedy also this series in the form of Traitor Andrew, first of all not being arsed with the role, then when he finally realised staying in the show depended on it:

• talking loudly about who to murder, anywhere and everywhere
  • having the clash of the idiots with Ross, and pretending to be too stupid to know what the word elusive meant
  • bringing it up again, completely unnecessarily, and asking what the big word was... was it exclusive was it??? ayam a big daft taffy, ayam, definitely too daft to be a traaytah pff! :rolleyes:
  • deciding too late to turn on Harry and, having said nothing about him previously, go on a tirade about all Harry's traitor tactics to poor old Jaz who'd clearly given up at that point

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

crispix posted:

also did anyone else notice that Harry spelt almost everyone's name incorrectly on his chalkboards? I made a wee minigame out of it for myself

He posted this on Twitter too which I would embed if their search system wasn’t so garbage I can’t find it. But this is class.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheTraitors/s/exVASiertE

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

EL BROMANCE posted:

One of the big takeaways from this season should be "STOP loving SAYING IF IT'S NOT X KILL ME!" I swear that happened 4 or 5 times, no reason every single time. Being wrong about someone when you have very limited information is not cause for suspicion. I think this was mentioned on Uncloaked as well. Evie basically just hosed herself for no reason.

crispix posted:

Harry is... not the sharpest tool in the shed. On Uncloaked he said things like "I wanted to be a pirate but I don't like the sea... I'd be a land pirate" and "Where's Wally is really hard if you don't know where Wally is". Great Traitor, I'm sure he's a good guy, but christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

He posted this on Twitter too which I would embed if their search system wasn’t so garbage I can’t find it. But this is class.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheTraitors/s/exVASiertE

lmao this got me good. I don't think I twigged what was going on until "Rubber Johnny"