Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Penta 22 33.85%
Swerve vs Hardy 1 1.54%
Wardlow vs Trent? 3 4.62%
Velvet vs Rosa 1 1.54%
Acclaimed vs Mogul Embassy 1 1.54%
Copeland vs Suzuki 37 56.92%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shard posted:

Lol he's not rumplestiltskin

I've seen the foot stomps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Okkult posted:

I found your magic ring, Tony Khan! I command you to bring back the face/heel tunnels.

Faces still enter/exit stage left and heels stage right so the gimmick isn't totally gone

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

graph posted:

how will the spritz affect dg going forward !! :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9h2q_dr9k

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

He’s only gonna dance like those goth kids under that bridge

pretty pretty please give me cybergoth daniel garcia pls tony

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

man that cage match was sick tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ganso Bomb posted:

He’s only gonna dance like those goth kids under that bridge

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Catching up on collision during my lunch break. Good to have deeb back but she needs to lay off the spray tan. She looked jaundiced.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

drat good wrestling show top to bottom. I was thoroughly sports entertained by the cage match.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

RandolphCarter posted:

Catching up on collision during my lunch break. Good to have deeb back but she needs to lay off the spray tan. She looked jaundiced.

Yeeaaahhhhh, I thought the contrast was off on my TV for a second there

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
I got old guard njpw representation, two womens matches and a great main event cage match. There was zero chance of me watching RR live, so I'm glad they went hard for this Collision.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

So after the Rumble, AEW pretty much does have Okada and Moné, right?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

So after the Rumble, AEW pretty much does have Okada and Moné, right?

i don't think okada could have been in the rumble regardless of where he is signing but yeah probably

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Edit so this isn't an empty quote:
I wasn't on board with the "you can just walk out the door" cage match, but dammit if they didn't make it work.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soooo Miro and his hot and flexible wife reuniting was because of that... :lmao:

Just watching Collision right now...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Soooo Miro and his hot and flexible wife reuniting was because of that... :lmao

I think I missed something, because of what?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I think I missed something, because of what?

A random tweet showing Andr*de at the Royal Rumble

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not surprising since Tony already said they couldn't come to terms on a new contract, but also depressing. But we've still got Rush! :woop:

....give.... give me Rush vs. Miro... :shepspends:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

SG Bamboo posted:

I liked Kip in his couple of DDT appearances, he seemed like he got the vibe and the crowd responded well to him. Unlike guys like Bryan Keith and Nick Wayne that I was disappointed with after the hype I heard going in

Nick Wayne is an 18 year old that is already an incredible small crowd wrestler with the potential to be an incredible big crowd wrestler. Whether he fails to make this transition like so many other early AEW talent is tbd

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

born on a buy you posted:

Nick Wayne is an 18 year old that is already an incredible small crowd wrestler with the potential to be an incredible big crowd wrestler. Whether he fails to make this transition like so many other early AEW talent is tbd

Of course he's young and has potential, for whatever reason he didn't show that during his DDT tour and the crowd weren't into his matches, which was a disappointment for me after I heard how good he had been in Defy and condering he was up against two of the better singles guys in the company in Ueno and Endo

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Daniel Garcia loving rules.

That show loving ruled.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

she hasn't laid off it in like 15 years why start now

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

This week's HEY! Ew is not going where you think it does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6z5au4oBM

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
That was loving amazing. Pro three-minutes-and-change click.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

drat Julia misted the poo poo out of Danny.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Germansimp posted:

Holy poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

abadon snapping into a smile immediately after rj hits the button then growling 'HEY' got a laugh out of me

those two are great together and that really goes places

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 28, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Germansimp posted:

Hey EW’s been on fire lately, this rules.

Loved Collision, too, it beat Dynamite this week for me. loving stoked for Swerve vs RVD and Hook vs Brian Cage.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Incredible Hey-EW and it would be even more amazing if it was a riff on the old Lil John Chappelle Show bit.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
oh man that episode with Malcolm Gladwell and 2 Cold Scorpio is gonna be dope

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The more I've had time to think about it the more I think I really like the Elimination-Escape match and I think they should come up with a cool name for it and make it a regular (well, about as regular as they usually make cage matches) stipulation moving forward. Would be fun to see for the women's division too.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

I can't tell if it works or not. Maybe you could gimmick it together a couple more times, but eventually someone will realize you just let or "help" two dudes escape, murder the third in cold blood then mosey. The premise wasn't really challenged that deeply to hold together in this instance, but it was still wobbly.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Germansimp posted:

HEY! Ew is 90% of the wrestling content I watch these days so RJ City is my favorite wrestler

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was wondering why Collision was so RoHpilled this week and it's because half the roster was doing the Jericruise an hour earlier:

Jericruise Night 1 posted:

Singles Match
Penta El Zero Miedo (w/Alex Abrahantes) defeats Johnny Cruise (Johnny TV) (w/Taya Valkyrie)

Singles Match
Christopher Daniels defeats Marq Quen

Singles Match
Deonna Purrazzo defeats Skye Blue

Singles Match
El Hijo del Vikingo defeats Nick Wayne

Tag Team Match
Top Flight (Dante Martin & Darius Martin) defeat The Outrunners (Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd)

Singles Match
Swerve Strickland (w/Prince Nana) defeats Trent Beretta (w/Rocky Romero)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Johnny Cruise

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God, woke up to remember that Tony read the thread and is likely bringing back RVD. Thanks, Tony! :woop: That match against Swerve is gonna be so sick. RVD will play the hits and put him over.

Pylons posted:

Johnny Cruise

I'll never get tired of his gimmick :allears:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's nowhere I'd rather be less than stuck in the ocean with a boatload of smarks after this last week.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

explosivo posted:

There's nowhere I'd rather be less than stuck in the ocean with a boatload of smarks after this last week.

ph come on I'm sure the dudes who pay 1800-2700 per head to pretend to be friends with chris jericho are based and normalpilled

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The idea of a wrestling cruise is appealing because I like both these things but then the reality of probably being surrounded by drunk wrestling weirdos (and not in the fun "hanging out with an indy show crowd" way) with no escape in a ship that is definitely not top-of-the-line...well, I can't say I wouldn't do it still but it would be a short trip and I doubt I'd do much socializing.

After this week, though...don't want to imagine the heinous conversation probably going on there.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Johnny Cruise

Huge missed opportunity to have him face John Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m glad Garcia didn’t join bcc. His current story is great and I can’t imagine he’d be doing much in bcc.