Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Non Compos Mentis posted:

water got in the engine?

Multiple gaskets blew and the oil and coolant mixed then dumped out of the exhaust is my guess.

Whole engine and exhaust is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Someone stuck a hot washer nozzle up the tail pipe and let er loose, and this is the result. There is no way that volume of liquid could be expelled from a piston engine without hydrolocking it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

NoWake posted:

Someone stuck a hot washer nozzle up the tail pipe and let er loose, and this is the result. There is no way that volume of liquid could be expelled from a piston engine without hydrolocking it.

I didn't even think of that, that's actually probably it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's what I'm thinking too, next question why, and I got nothing.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

NoWake posted:

a car enema

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Karate Bastard posted:

That's what I'm thinking too, next question why, and I got nothing.

I wonder what that did to the cat

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
There's been flooding in England lately hasn't there. Driver may have been trying to cross a flooded road or ford crossing.

Might even find footage in this guy's channel. I think it's one of the people who used to upload Rufford Ford vids. He seems to be taking advantage of the weather since that closed.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
https://i.imgur.com/Ti5FOaW.mp4

Whoopsie

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Quick, jam it up a tailpipe.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Cable Guy posted:

There's been flooding in England lately hasn't there. Driver may have been trying to cross a flooded road or ford crossing.

Might even find footage in this guy's channel. I think it's one of the people who used to upload Rufford Ford vids. He seems to be taking advantage of the weather since that closed.

There has, but that car isn't British.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Here. Come. My. Posts!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

They only do that when they are distressed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Space Kablooey posted:

They only do that when they are distressed

Nah I've seen this with VWs before. You just need to plug it in to some emissions equipment for an hour or two and it will clean right up.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
some home brew beer did that to me once.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ivermectin for cars

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

he said home brew, not horse brew

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

MrQwerty posted:

Multiple gaskets blew and the oil and coolant mixed then dumped out of the exhaust is my guess.

Whole engine and exhaust is hosed.

NoWake posted:

split the difference: gaskets leaked and caused liquid to slowly flood the exhaust system while the engine was off, then someone started it and wet farting noises ensued

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/gOeQkaO.mp4

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

This is just how a VW diesel runs when it's not getting smog tested.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Don't worry, VW engineering has successfully mitigated that. They now give you diapers to put on your car.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've seen a bunch of those videos on tiktok. They just fire a pressure washer or steam cleaner up the exhaust pipe and all the soot comes out and they post it for likes.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Or a more plausible explanation: the Passat is possessed by some kind of oil demon.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

My uncle used to run an antique auction and every once in a while he would come across a Civil War era surgery kit with a chainsaw like this that was used for field amputations. Just loop it under someone's leg, press down on their leg with your foot, and tear up through it

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

thiccabod posted:

My uncle used to run an antique auction and every once in a while he would come across a Civil War era surgery kit with a chainsaw like this that was used for field amputations. Just loop it under someone's leg, press down on their leg with your foot, and tear up through it

That's why the chainsaw was invented. Using them to cut wood came later.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Or a more plausible explanation: the Passat is possessed by some kind of oil demon.

your car will love my toxic love

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

has anyone talked about that church's steeple collapsing in New London yet

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
https://i.imgur.com/5cjHxto.mp4

yes it’s probably fake, but the blue flash at the end made me chuckle

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

JAnon posted:

has anyone talked about that church's steeple collapsing in New London yet

drat.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-68108552

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

everydayfalls posted:

https://i.imgur.com/5cjHxto.mp4

yes it’s probably fake, but the blue flash at the end made me chuckle
definitely fake because that's nowhere near the minimum critical mass even with ideal reflectors. try ~50x the volume of "plutonium"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yeah, those are probably real samples of the materials, but that arrangement isn't going to Slotkin you

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
At least that volkswagen isn't burning oil.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, those are probably real samples of the materials, but that arrangement isn't going to Slotkin you
I was trying to find who was selling plutonium but that looks like it's trinitite which I guess could have very trace contaminants of plutonium, so it's in no way even a macroscopic sample of the element anyway.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lol, I had watched that a few times and somehow missed the first bit with the plutonium. I was confused why any amount of tungsten could go critical.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

There's absolutely no way in hell that's actual plutonium.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

loving dumbasses

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MrQwerty posted:

loving dumbasses

Not for rectal use

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MrQwerty posted:

loving dumbasses

I love how this photo has two possible responses the first time you see it

"What's the big deal?" or "JESUS CHRIST!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Grey Cat posted:

Not for rectal use

If you're cold, they're cold. Put them in your butt.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

8one6 posted:

I love how this photo has two possible responses the first time you see it

"What's the big deal?" or "JESUS CHRIST!"

There's the third way, too - something akin to "ah, hello again"; not unlike running into goatse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Hell, yeah! More vids containing the water mark of not the creator/op.