Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/2195831/

Here ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
UX is definitely the one I want a patch for the most

well, other than the menu patch, I'm here for the plot

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cool, thank you.

Huh, surprising to see Gunpla-kun so high. Never would have predicted that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I regret to inform you we have a Kyoukai Senki debut to put up with before G-Witch anyway

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I too would like a SRW game but yes I would also like the people working on it to continue to live.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The best part about UX was the lore accurate glitches.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've been playing UX and using the let's play as a translation while I play and I think that it and BX have probably my favorite asthetics in SRW. Their style of spritework along with having voice acting just work for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

I regret to inform you we have a Kyoukai Senki debut to put up with before G-Witch anyway
i doubt 'before,' theyll probably be in the same game

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

IBO honestly would work best if it's the sole Gundam representation in its game(assuming there isn't any dimensional shenanigans) indeed it probably should be the sole Real Robot series in the lineup

Funny thing is G-Witch and G Gundam would actually gel together pretty well with only a tiny bit of fudging around details(mostly some clarification that the Mobile Fighters called Gundams are completely unrelated to GUND technology and Mobile Suits using the latter technology being called Gundams is a linguistic coincidence more than anything)

Asticassia would obviously ALSO be a school to train Gundam Fighters, and the G Gundam Colonies are another group in competition with the Benerit group.

I wanna see Sai Saichi making meals for depression-mode Suletta. And the Devil Gundam taking over Quiet Zero.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

Asticassia would obviously ALSO be a school to train Gundam Fighters, and the G Gundam Colonies are another group in competition with the Benerit group.

I wanna see Sai Saichi making meals for depression-mode Suletta. And the Devil Gundam taking over Quiet Zero.

Hello fellow kids, my name is Argo Gulskii and I am glad to be starting my first year of high school.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ryoga posted:

The best part about UX was the lore accurate glitches.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Hello fellow kids, my name is Argo Gulskii and I am glad to be starting my first year of high school.
Unironically would be down for this. Up to and including them doing the "How do you do, fellow kids?" meme whole cloth.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Suletta knows who the old Shuffle Alliance are from their official licensed anime.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Suletta knows who the old Shuffle Alliance are from their official licensed anime.

I still love whenever the Getter team exists in the same game as Gekiganger III. For all the overuse of Armageddon in SRW, we could use a few more gags contrasting anime and manga Ryoma.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I beat OGs OG1 today on a full battle masteries run. Still a very good game, and some of my gripes with the original are addressed. The bad UI is fixed, and the animations are much better.

Some of the dialogue has aged poorly, like Sean's creeping, or people encouraging Latooni to try and hook up with Ryusei. Reading it as an adult, I have a better appreciation of how poorly handled the political parts of the story are handled, which is a shame, since so much time is spent on political maneuvering.

There's also the matter of the twin battle system, which I don't think serves much purpose beyond reducing the amount of units you have to move around on screen. Which to be fair is a nice thing.

I wish they'd allow you to set up twins from the start of the map and not have to wait till both participants are at 110 will though, and that ALL weapons can be used with other weapons in twins.

Also I'm not sure if it's this game where the shotguns are supposed to be the king poo poo weapons but I found them mid. M950 machine guns are still very strong though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/1752117933269303698

funny how much the 'fukuda was MAD about srwz' thing got spread around back in the day

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So, having played through 30 to get the ending and then the real ending after that, I have to say that, on the balance, I quite like it.

At the same time, I'm not unaware of its flaws: the incredible stage bloat, level scaling making gaining XP redundant and the nonlinearity impacting the ability to have meaningful crossovers. Ect.

That last bit is the real shame, because I think it has some of the best crossovers, especially with the post-chars counterattack Amuro and Char.

In particular, I think my favourite bit is Ryoma and Koji meeting Char again and trying to straight up murder him for what he did.

I would've liked to see much more of that sort of thing, especially reactions to him and [/spoiler]Lelouch.[/spoiler ]

One other thing I liked from that set is Amuro coming to the conclusion that people with psychic powers aren't really newtypes. The real newtypes would be people with the sense to handle things like that without jumping to "use it as a weapon of war" immediately. Something that they needed the moon brain ghost in alpha gaiden and Z to realize.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
You know, there are some really interesting new mecha series in the past couple anime seasons that I'd love to see included in a future SRW. Bullbuster is an odd case, because it has easily the least powerful mechs I've yet seen, like, even a basic Scopedog would totally clown on them because they're closer in tech level to construction equipment. However, the story/characters would slot in perfectly with about a dozen other series, like Dai-Guard, Nadesico, Trider G7, really anything where corporate culture gets involved. But then on the other hand, actually folding them into a SRW plotline would be tricky, since one of the big points of the show is the protagonists overcoming the difficulties of being a small-time company and getting out from under the thumb of the massive conglomerate they're beholden to through ingenuity and good customer relationships, so having 21st Century, Nergal, Space Development Corporation, any government whatsoever, etc. step in would undermine their whole deal, but then you're in a situation where you'd either need serious rewrites, or to frontload 90% of the series into the early parts of the game.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern, on the other hand, is such an easy fit that it's even directed by Masami Obari and Japanese Youtube is already filled with edits putting the SRW UI over scenes or remixing the theme in Banpresto soundfonts. In particular, I hope it shows up alongside as many Brave series as possible, MightGaine especially, just to make things real weird for them.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only Brave they should have alongside Bravern is J-Decker because drat does that boy need some relationship advice

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I'm so confused by people saying level scaling is a strike against SRW 30. Does that term not mean what I think it does? Every other SRW I've played (VXT, J, W) has adjusted enemy levels based on the average level of my team, I thought that was what level scaling meant.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

IBO and G-Witch together in the same universe could actually work. You could have the old money pro-Gundam aristocrats butting heads with the new money anti-Gundam corpos, with the protagonists caught in the middle.

Probably won't happen for a while though, as the series list for whatever the next game is will probably have already been locked in before G-Witch aired. Might get it as DLC though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given nothing has been announced for a new game I'm not sure a series list has been locked in. And I doubt they'll ignore both Witch and Seed Freedom since both are real popular

What will be interesting is will they try for a Macross now that the international rights aren't as messy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it depends when they announce it. these games take a bit of time to make, if they announced one tomorrow seed freedom definitely couldnt be in it. witch from mercury s2 would be a stretch even

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd expect mostly stuff from around the end of the 2010s for the next game historically, since they usually lock down licenses right after they finish. Even with this break there's no reason to assume they didn't here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

it depends when they announce it. these games take a bit of time to make, if they announced one tomorrow seed freedom definitely couldnt be in it. witch from mercury s2 would be a stretch even

Heck, we haven't even technically gotten IBO yet outside of the 30 DLC which is the thinnest possible inclusion.

I think SEED Freedom will get a pretty fast inclusion, maybe even faster than G-Witch, simply because it's a movie so they can throw it in almost anywhere. Similar to how Endless Waltz can basically be sprinkled into anywhere they want the flavor.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 14, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised to see 86 in the next one, that one seemed kinda popular

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bloody Pom posted:

IBO and G-Witch together in the same universe could actually work. You could have the old money pro-Gundam aristocrats butting heads with the new money anti-Gundam corpos, with the protagonists caught in the middle.

I could see the WfM public's general revulsion against Gundams coming from IBO's Calamity War Gundams and GUND tech being a refinement of the Alaya-Vijnana system.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

I could see the WfM public's general revulsion against Gundams coming from IBO's Calamity War Gundams and GUND tech being a refinement of the Alaya-Vijnana system.
The one wrinkle that idea has is that you'd have to rearrange the backstory of either IBO or G-Witch to accommodate things, as IBO's Calamity War was 300 years in the past while G-Witch's Vanadis Incident was roughly 20 years in the past. For instance, have the Calamity War unaffected, but then make the Vanadis Incident be "Well, we tried using the ancient 300 year old technology again, but it all failed for totally legit and not underhanded means, so back into the vault they go." The other big issue is that the Earth itself in G-Witch and in IBO are two very different things. IBO's Earth is relatively okay from what I remember, while the opposite is true for G-Witch, with Earth being a ruined hellscape with some pockets of civilization.

That said, Suletta and/or ChuChu absolutely humiliating Iok would be a wonderful sight.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not the worst messing with the setting they've had to do. Bebop and Witch would actually go together pretty well

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can link wfm into any other gundam shows by making a distinction between gund-arm technology and the famous category of mobile suits. you'd have to drop the word gundam being taboo, but that wouldn't change much.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

AradoBalanga posted:

The one wrinkle that idea has is that you'd have to rearrange the backstory of either IBO or G-Witch to accommodate things, as IBO's Calamity War was 300 years in the past while G-Witch's Vanadis Incident was roughly 20 years in the past. For instance, have the Calamity War unaffected, but then make the Vanadis Incident be "Well, we tried using the ancient 300 year old technology again, but it all failed for totally legit and not underhanded means, so back into the vault they go." The other big issue is that the Earth itself in G-Witch and in IBO are two very different things. IBO's Earth is relatively okay from what I remember, while the opposite is true for G-Witch, with Earth being a ruined hellscape with some pockets of civilization.

That said, Suletta and/or ChuChu absolutely humiliating Iok would be a wonderful sight.

Which is why it would make more sense to use G Gundam with G-Witch rather than IBO

Honestly IBO would work best being given the NEO treatment and being the only Gundam series and only Real Robot series on the roster(albeit maybe not quite as extreme as how NEO treated G Gundam)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If Tekkaman Blade-to-II, Nadesico-to-PoD, GaoGaiGar-to-FINAL, and FMP-to-Second Raid can all take place in the same time period, some backstory numbers changing is nothing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it would be rad if a srw game used mostly shows about outlaws, renegades, refugees and terrorists. there have been a lot of them. while they appear often enough in srw, they don't quite mesh with the more legitimate organizations.

it'd never happen though. banpresto gets whatever they can and then tries to make it coherent, not the other way around.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Add Outlaw Star

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think it would be rad if a srw game used mostly shows about outlaws, renegades, refugees and terrorists. there have been a lot of them. while they appear often enough in srw, they don't quite mesh with the more legitimate organizations.

it'd never happen though. banpresto gets whatever they can and then tries to make it coherent, not the other way around.

Also you couldn't have a Mazinger in there and I think that is against the SRW commandments.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Add Outlaw Star

Many such cases

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Also you couldn't have a Mazinger in there and I think that is against the SRW commandments.

I dunno, I think you could finagle Mazinkaiser SKL into something like that.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I want this just for a conversation between Heero, Setsuna and Mika that consists of nothing but ellipsis.

It ends when Mika gets bored and wanders off.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 14, 2024

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Actually, come to think of it, there's a new Grendizer show coming out this year. Isn't Duke Fleed technically a refugee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

NewMars posted:

I dunno, I think you could finagle Mazinkaiser SKL into something like that.

I mean. They are technically military, right?

NewMars posted:

Actually, come to think of it, there's a new Grendizer show coming out this year. Isn't Duke Fleed technically a refugee?

I mean, like, sure, but it feels real weird equating Duke Fleed, noble prince and 70s super robot protagonist, with Lelouch or Mika or Setsuna or whatever.