Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Getting hosed over by HE is a rite of passage.

Also, the new loot boxes look baddddddddddddddd.

If I could just buy second borat I probably would, but gently caress buying boxes for that especially as I don't have any other tank of the boxed ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Big lols if what Skill hinted at is true and they halved the drop chance for the tanks to 1.3% or something.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
That's not a hint, it's what it says on the event page.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

Big lols if what Skill hinted at is true and they halved the drop chance for the tanks to 1.3% or something.

Yes that is what they did.

And they also padded the boxes with a bunch of old poo poo and also a reskin of the Borat. So good luck getting that new tank.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i see a lot of miel's around. drat does wargaming have some suckers they can depend on

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i see a lot of miel's around. drat does wargaming have some suckers they can depend on

TBF if I had had all the other tanks in boxes I'd probably have gotten one myself so I could have two borats in fronlines.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Holy moly the difference between AMX 65t and AMX M4 51 is huge. You go from worst tier 8 tank to one of the best tier 9 tanks that doesn't suck even with the starting equipment. I don't even have the big gun yet but this one is such a fun tank. Also lol at first moe for 65t being less than 1k. :aloom:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Holy moly the difference between AMX 65t and AMX M4 51 is huge. You go from worst tier 8 tank to one of the best tier 9 tanks that doesn't suck even with the starting equipment. I don't even have the big gun yet but this one is such a fun tank. Also lol at first moe for 65t being less than 1k. :aloom:

It is an amazing tank with either gun. Seriously, one of the best T9 heavies in the game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Okay, I've been playing this a long time, but using WoT to promote your OnlyFans is a new one to me:

Sayara
May 10, 2009

McGavin posted:

Okay, I've been playing this a long time, but using WoT to promote your OnlyFans is a new one to me:

Skill has OnlyBaboons, so that's not so strange right?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sayara posted:

The 65t is utter poo poo. You are better off playing it as a poor man's M4 49 (Liberte) and keeping the stock turret & 100mm gun.

As for the M45 51, hooo boy it is up there with the Conqueror IMO. I love it. Objectively speaking the Conqueror is the better tank (GUN DEPRESSION), but the M4 51 is no slouch and for better or worse will likely draw the stupider enemies in because they think they can just roll up and pen its turret face (the 65t definitely eats poo poo in that regard compared to the Caernarvon). I consider the M4 51 an automatic keeper. I also like the M103 for similar reasons, but then I am weird and often find myself enjoying some of the more niche vehicles, and even some actually crap tanks.

Nobody takes the Type 58 seriously.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watched a Iouxin video where he played the 279 e after the nerf. I realized I never really watched any videos of people playing that tank and it was fascinating to me how the enemy tanks almost always instantly recoil the second he got spotted by the front line.

Also he held a flank that had something like 7 tanks basically by himself as well. It's such a balanced tank.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mesadoram posted:

Watched a Iouxin video where he played the 279 e after the nerf. I realized I never really watched any videos of people playing that tank and it was fascinating to me how the enemy tanks almost always instantly recoil the second he got spotted by the front line.

Also he held a flank that had something like 7 tanks basically by himself as well. It's such a balanced tank.

His new IS-7 video is good as hell

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

If you listen to the 48% unicums on Reddit, the 279(e) is a worthless piece of poo poo after the nerf and only an idiot would be caught playing it. So, you know, business as usual.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

Gotta check that out later :hmmyes:. His videos, while nothing flashy, are fascinating to watch. I do consider myself to be an above average player, but to watch someone with that degree of mechanics and map knowledge play is nothing short of mesmerizing.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If you listen to the 48% unicums on Reddit, the 279(e) is a worthless piece of poo poo after the nerf and only an idiot would be caught playing it. So, you know, business as usual.

Seriously, they didn't change the armor only made it slightly slower. No other tank can roll up to the front line and send the enemies fleeing tails tucked like it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Seriously, they didn't change the armor only made it slightly slower. No other tank can roll up to the front line and send the enemies fleeing tails tucked like it.

Yeah, exactly. Still practically impenetrable for many T10s, still literally impenetrable for many others. Making the gun handling a bit shittier and nerfing the speed a bit didn't make it any less bullshit.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wargaming: "We'll never introduce the Obj. 279!"
also Wargaming: "Say hello to the Obj. 279(e)!"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vando posted:

his turbo/grouser/speed governor technology is too powerful for me

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You absolutely need to be platooned with another top tier IS-7 player to make that setup work. It's not something you can make work playing solo in randoms.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

McGavin posted:

You absolutely need to be platooned with another top tier IS-7 player to make that setup work. It's not something you can make work playing solo in randoms.

Yeah, and it's not a big damage build either, the ideal scenario is that you intercept a big chunk of the enemy team at a crossing point and force them to brawl under the rest of your team's guns. Your platoon will almost certainly die in the process but the enemy will be straight hosed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I know playing the Church 3 is not the most exciting or skillful tank to play, but holy poo poo do I always have a blast playing it :unsmith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's a new Assembly Store for a Soviet T10 heavy. It's mid by all accounts, but WG remain scummy as gently caress.

They advertised the thing as having a 500mm mantle. Literally showed it in their videos and website. Then the patch went live and WHOOPS it had a two-layered mantle with two 300mm layers. After people and CCs complained, they reacted by saying it was a bug and they were going to fix it and delay the Assembly Store by 24 hours.

And fix it they did: to 400mm.

E: The thing has awful gun handling, a very large and extremely vulnerable lower plate with an engine behind it that burns every time it gets hit, it's incredibly low to the ground and has a 40mm roof, so everyone can overmatch the roof. The only thing it had going for it was the "impenetrable" gun mantlet, which is now very much not impenetrable.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 23, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It looks like a good resource sink for the whales.

Front lines is still fun :unsmith:. The desert map is strange, have not wrapped my head around it quite yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Frontlines is bugged to poo poo this round. Your tanks sometimes wont be repaired and resupplied automatically after a battle. Also sometimes you won't respawn automatically, but instead will get to spin the turret of a dead tank until you Alt+F4.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Frontlines is bugged to poo poo this round. Your tanks sometimes wont be repaired and resupplied automatically after a battle. Also sometimes you won't respawn automatically, but instead will get to spin the turret of a dead tank until you Alt+F4.

Wow that sounds wretched. I am sure they will patch it out soon enough! :colbert:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I’ve only bought the lion because it seemed like the only interesting one

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I’ve only bought the lion because it seemed like the only interesting one

That was a good buy, since it's by far the best Italian T10 medium. And they made sure of that by nerfing the Progetto to poo poo soon afterwards.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They let slip that the new battle pass will be a collaboration. People were sure it was going to be Girls und Panzer themed. But uhh... it's the Turtles. The 80s cartoon version.

And you can also buy this beauty:

Now this is some proper WoT Blitz poo poo right here.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:allears:

I love them.

Edit: Wow, the WoT subreddit is treating this like they just shut the game down and punched their grandmother in the face.

It's a free to play video game. They want to make money. Who loving cares if your tank looks like Rocksteady? No chill at all...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 29, 2024

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i fuckin love the krang manticore skin

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

i fuckin love the krang manticore skin

:allears:

It's perfect on so many levels.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I hope the Krang is animated and reacts to events in game.

Also I've got the ST-II unlocked but never bothered buying it. I guess I could buy it and the skin, really get some pubbies steaming.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Holy poo poo I loving loved 80's TMNT as a kid where the gently caress did I put my wallet.

Edit:
Especially if it gets the pubbies angry.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
gently caress, first battle pass that I actually want the skins from, just as I was taking a break from the game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The really bizarre loving thing here is that they're not doing ANYTHING for the Tortoise, the Turtle or the T95 (known as the Doom Turtle) with this event.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I can't even be mad at this.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Last night was a total shitshow clown parade. Anything above Tier VI was just impossible to enjoy.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Logged in to get my lovely twitch drops and queued one game in the LT432 out of habit.
Berlin, 0-15 and I'm cured for another two weeks or so.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
When it works, it works.

Didn't shoot one hesh round as I was fighting heavies for most of the game. When you treat this tank like a turreted TD, it works A LOT better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Methinks WG's login numbers aren't doing well: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2024/03/04/wot-take-your-random-daily-gift/#more-166738

It's at the very bottom of the "Best" (marked with a Star) page in the store. I got a single Improved Combat Rations. :toot: