Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Oh my loving god, Robotech Flight Sim, I’ve wanted this since I was six. The temptation to buy a HOTAS setup is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

So when this thing transforms, is the pilot just stuck staring at robo-dong?

Did you not watch the video? It shows the view

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That's the flight sim that uses data from Bing street view, right? Finally, I can crush Groverhaus with a mech!

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

That's the flight sim that uses data from Bing street view, right? Finally, I can crush Groverhaus with a mech!

Sort of. It doesn't use street view data, but the world is generated from a combination of satellite and aerial image data. If you've used google maps to take a look at a 3d map view of NYC it's like that, but worse because it's Microsoft instead of Google.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

winterwerefox posted:

when dragonborn were introduced in one of the splatbooks, Forgotten Realms 3.X i think, they were humans that swore to Bahamut that grew dragons features like the Dark Souls dragon covenent. so no. as Baldur's Gate is set in Forgotten Realms, Doubly no.

I'm hearing "grows dragon dick in addition to human dick" so counting that as a yes.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Oh so we're just posting outright smut now huh

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Bedurndurn posted:

Sort of. It doesn't use street view data, but the world is generated from a combination of satellite and aerial image data. If you've used google maps to take a look at a 3d map view of NYC it's like that, but worse because it's Microsoft instead of Google.

yea it sucks, i tried to crash into one of the twin towers and you just clip right through it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it's not called crash simulator :rolleye:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Say My Name. A Starfield mod that uses AI to allow other characters to say your name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zntlo4DgnQ

:spock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-dxCnNVKc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ever thought the mechs in Rimworld were just to... not kawaii?

Well here you go

E: Welp I continued going down the pages and came across this

Thought your mechs weren't sexy enough?

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 11, 2024

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Looked at some Diablo 2 mods, found one really meant for this thread: Battle for the Elements, it has it all, random tiddy for the title screen and UI, visually jarring and clashing new areas, random giant Yoda. For a mod that seems like it does actually do a lot of neat things there is just so much stupid poo poo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Looked at some Diablo 2 mods, found one really meant for this thread: Battle for the Elements, it has it all, random tiddy for the title screen and UI, visually jarring and clashing new areas, random giant Yoda. For a mod that seems like it does actually do a lot of neat things there is just so much stupid poo poo.

quote:

This look promising. Maybe I will play this instead of that Resurrected sh*t. :-D
Thanks!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ashsaber posted:

Diablo 2: Blackened was the height of tiddy mods, had some cool class redesigns as well.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man, flashbacks to a public official discord for Fallen London where a guy walked into a conversation full of (role-tagged) women talking about X-COM to recommend the X-Piratez mod. If you don't know what that is, it's a generally edgy total conversion covered in stolen-off-the-internet art of bare tits. Because "this mod is technically impressive but boy is it ever covered in horny" is a whole genre, I guess.

Never seen anyone backpedal as fast as that when I pointed it out. On what planet do you, a total stranger, recommend a super horny, edgy TC to a bunch of women as the first thing out of your mouth in a conversation? He didn't even lead with mentioning the horniness that would hit you in the face the second you opened it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBk-WVph4M

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://x.com/DeMickyD/status/1759258113243308127?s=20

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Minimal Minimap

The mod itself is a serviceable, if slightly poo poo, minimap. The real gems are the example screenshots on the mod page. There's so much to unpack.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Some people are just horny for big anime butts.

:tutbutt:

Barenaked Ladies - One Week posted:

Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
'Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Thats a neat artstyle.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think there's also a mod for fallout 4 that adds a bunch of anime waifu parts to the build-your-own-robot system, except they kinda try to keep to the same overall dimensions, so you end up with these super chunky pieces and the overall effect is like if someone decided to remake the music video for wynona's big brown beaver but with anime.

I honestly kinda like it, there's something incredibly terrifying about a big plastic anime with buzzsaw hands chasing you down with the assaultron animations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Okay, that sounds hilarious. Like the pre-War world tried their own take on virtual idols but because it's Fallout everything turned out horrible and wrong and made with way too many built-in weapons.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

OwlFancier posted:

I think there's also a mod for fallout 4 that adds a bunch of anime waifu parts to the build-your-own-robot system, except they kinda try to keep to the same overall dimensions, so you end up with these super chunky pieces and the overall effect is like if someone decided to remake the music video for wynona's big brown beaver but with anime.

I honestly kinda like it, there's something incredibly terrifying about a big plastic anime with buzzsaw hands chasing you down with the assaultron animations.

Is it :nws:this one:nws: ? I actually thought of downloading it just to use for Jezebel's body (for non Fo4 players, Jezebel is an antagonistic robot NPC), but it seemed a little much for a joke that only I'd see/appreciate.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Relyssa posted:

Minimal Minimap

The mod itself is a serviceable, if slightly poo poo, minimap. The real gems are the example screenshots on the mod page. There's so much to unpack.

Until I clicked the link I had no idea which game this was lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Is it :nws:this one:nws: ? I actually thought of downloading it just to use for Jezebel's body (for non Fo4 players, Jezebel is an antagonistic robot NPC), but it seemed a little much for a joke that only I'd see/appreciate.

Yeah that's the one, it's obviously very horny but the textures and designs for the components give the air of "car body kit" rather than "ideal waifu material" so I'm never quite sure whether to read it as horny or intentionally terrifying.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah that's the one, it's obviously very horny but the textures and designs for the components give the air of "car body kit" rather than "ideal waifu material" so I'm never quite sure whether to read it as horny or intentionally terrifying.

Look into your heart. You know the answer is "both".

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM34jklk18o

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Man, Ranma 1/2 got weird when they found the "Spring of Drowned '76 Camero."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Someone made a mod for Cyberpunk 2077 that gives it that "Unrecord" body-cam look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04S2vHpXws

Orv
May 4, 2011
The idea is nice but it kind of falls apart the moment something from Cyberpunk world comes on screen.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Orv posted:

The idea is nice but it kind of falls apart the moment something from Cyberpunk world comes on screen.

nah, that looks like rear end from start to finish. its like a fake VR perspective.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

man, flashbacks to a public official discord for Fallen London where a guy walked into a conversation full of (role-tagged) women talking about X-COM to recommend the X-Piratez mod. If you don't know what that is, it's a generally edgy total conversion covered in stolen-off-the-internet art of bare tits. Because "this mod is technically impressive but boy is it ever covered in horny" is a whole genre, I guess.

Never seen anyone backpedal as fast as that when I pointed it out. On what planet do you, a total stranger, recommend a super horny, edgy TC to a bunch of women as the first thing out of your mouth in a conversation? He didn't even lead with mentioning the horniness that would hit you in the face the second you opened it.

I checked out X-Piratez after RPS did a feature on it and it's like...as a work of technical craft, it is hugely impressive. As a work of game design, it's got a maximalist approach that means a typical playthrough is going to be, like, 500 hours, which is not my jam but probably a feature for people who are into it. And plotwise it's got some interesting ideas with lots of mediocre writing accreted around them.

But it's also just so extremely horny all the time about everything forever, and since the author appears to have grabbed every piece of big titted fanart on the net to include in it, it's not even stylistically consistent in its horniness. It kind of wraps around to the point where it feels like it's meant to be titillating to someone but I can't figure out who, or even necessarily what species they are.

Still wouldn't recommend it to someone out of the blue, though :whoptc:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

to be honest I'm unsurprised that men have no idea how approach or interact with women

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ToxicFrog posted:

I checked out X-Piratez after RPS did a feature on it and it's like...as a work of technical craft, it is hugely impressive. As a work of game design, it's got a maximalist approach that means a typical playthrough is going to be, like, 500 hours, which is not my jam but probably a feature for people who are into it. And plotwise it's got some interesting ideas with lots of mediocre writing accreted around them.

But it's also just so extremely horny all the time about everything forever, and since the author appears to have grabbed every piece of big titted fanart on the net to include in it, it's not even stylistically consistent in its horniness. It kind of wraps around to the point where it feels like it's meant to be titillating to someone but I can't figure out who, or even necessarily what species they are.

Still wouldn't recommend it to someone out of the blue, though :whoptc:

I think the argument is that it's going for a Heavy Metal kind of thing with the horniness, where it's just part of the aesthetic, but as you say it's very stylistically inconsistent, probably because a lot if it is sourced from the internet rather than done by a single artist with a cohesive vision. I guess that's inevitable for a mod project but it does feel like one of those "there was a way to pull this off, but they didn't quite get there" situations where they don't quite make it over the line of "gratuitous" into "art" (granted Heavy Metal could also be argued to be like this but it has the excuse of "we're going to make comics full of sex and violence in an age when comics are heavily censored" being a bit bolder than just being horny on the internet).

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Heavy Metal was also made by a lot of different artists, but there was consistent art direction.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think the argument is that it's going for a Heavy Metal kind of thing with the horniness, where it's just part of the aesthetic, but as you say it's very stylistically inconsistent, probably because a lot if it is sourced from the internet rather than done by a single artist with a cohesive vision. I guess that's inevitable for a mod project but it does feel like one of those "there was a way to pull this off, but they didn't quite get there" situations where they don't quite make it over the line of "gratuitous" into "art" (granted Heavy Metal could also be argued to be like this but it has the excuse of "we're going to make comics full of sex and violence in an age when comics are heavily censored" being a bit bolder than just being horny on the internet).

"Going for Heavy Metal but not quite pulling it off" makes everything about the mod's aesthetics make a lot more sense, so thanks for that insight.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ToxicFrog posted:

"Going for Heavy Metal but not quite pulling it off" makes everything about the mod's aesthetics make a lot more sense, so thanks for that insight.

Yeah, that's certainly how I've always thought of it. If you want an og XCOM mod that's still an insanely bloated monster with 500 hours playtime (and is actually built heavily off of piratez, I think) try X-COM files! You start as a few dudes in suits and sunglasses with some berettas and end up turning into X-COM proper as you fight space nazis and befriend the cryptid world so you can avoid your guys dying when they got shot since you've turned them into sentient zombies and poo poo. It's very silly but not nearly as wildly horny.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There's a good LP here, the guy ran out of puff before the end, but it will give you a very clear idea of what the mod is like.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:nws:? Finally, a good clothing mod for Fallout 4 :nws:?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the technical skill of modders far outstrips their literary skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFVfXMrmAI