Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

In the beginning there was chaos (and a doctor cut my weiner and bonked my head),

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, it's peas. Do you normally season peas?

You can eat them with seasoned food but they're not normally a vegetable that lends itself to seasoning.

I imagine most people would add salt and pepper especially if you're eating them with fish and chips or something you would normally salt and pepper but what else would you expect to see?

What’s funny is that poster is right. Online people are obsessed with spices and how they eat them because they are the good white people

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

anti food thread argue about spices there or gws

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I actually met a pregnant woman just yesterday! Clearly the Devil put her and then this Tweet in my path so I'd be tempted to engage and get addicted to Twitter again

Not today, Satan!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
paraphrasing @viperwave here when i say these types of gimmick accounts know exactly how loving annoying they are

https://twitter.com/docsloosechange/status/1762157952000041327?t=tc21bGOV3kvdxOJ8V8_rhQ&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Go outside, Naomi.

Maybe take a walk through Belfast.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And here I thought the finger snapping thing was a COVID and/or zoom-meetings thing. Clapping sucks on a video call so people snap their fingers. At least that's where I've seen it used.

(you have to provide your own starbursts)

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Oh my god he came back for more.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

paraphrasing @viperwave here when i say these types of gimmick accounts know exactly how loving annoying they are

https://twitter.com/docsloosechange/status/1762157952000041327?t=tc21bGOV3kvdxOJ8V8_rhQ&s=19

phd doesn't earn you the title of "doctor"

you need to be a nurse, PA, or drug dealer to earn that from me

e: or anime teacher

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

scholars were the original doctors. historically, medical doctors were called surgeons or physicians. since surgeons were all blood-stained axe-men with a dismal patient survival rate, and physicians would just prescribe poisonous potions that gave you diarrhea and hastened your death, people didn't have much respect for the profession.

recognizing that their image needed rehabilitation, medical doctors stole a new title from academia, and their white lab coats (most at the time wore dark colors so the blood wouldn't show) from science, to piggyback on the respect people held for scholars.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
We did the snapping thing at my old student residence, and I kind of always assumed it was a way of clapping with one hand because you'd always be holding a drink in the other if you were at a meeting.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
An earlier use of snapping as applause is the beatnik poetry scene in Greenwich Village, NYC. Apparently the Gaslight Cafe would get noise complaints if the audience clapped.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

An earlier use of snapping as applause is the beatnik poetry scene in Greenwich Village, NYC. Apparently the Gaslight Cafe would get noise complaints if the audience clapped.

No it didn't. You sound so crazy right now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

Medical doctors are just mechanics or plumbers, but they work on humans instead of cars or toilets.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I have some hypermobility to my joints so my snaps are pretty weak due to having to do it differently since otherwise my fingers will just bend too far and slip. I try to avoid snapping because of this. So between snapping and clapping we have to pick our ableisms I guess.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

tokin opposition posted:

amerikkkan type post

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

the only safe move is to remain perfectly silent and still, simply allow your pleasure to be radiated into the universe on a cosmic scale without regard for gender, race, religion, sexuality, ability, senses, modes of thought, species, time, location, defined states of being, dimensions, universes, and mathematical underpinning. Otherwise you're discriminating against someone, and as a pure being of cosmic oneness without form I'm tired of the association of moving pieces of meat showing approval.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

goblin week posted:

amerikkkan type post

i don't know how to insult you because I have no reason to care

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Maybe because I grew up in the pacific northwest where I was never threatened by the existence of minorities or people different than myself, but I laugh every time I imagine someone being threatened and offended by being called "whitey."

edit: that is to say, I live in a gross overly-white place with whiteness everywhere and it's not great

But try to insult me with a racial slur. I've never suffered for being white, I've never had to make accommodations because I'm white, but god drat there are some people (like the rednecks who come to my store) who will raise hell about the INJUSTICE and DOUBLE STANDARDS about racial "slurs" if you can even call it that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm a white person, so I say this with the full authority of all white people. YOU CAN'T BE RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE. You can be prejudiced, or just an rear end in a top hat to white people, but you can't be racist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny thing is I've never been able to snap my fingers. I could probably call them out for discrimination and get a deer-in-the-headlights look for at least a second.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

credburn posted:

Maybe because I grew up in the pacific northwest where I was never threatened by the existence of minorities or people different than myself, but I laugh every time I imagine someone being threatened and offended by being called "whitey."

I think it's hilarious when people call me or other white people whitey or cracker. Makes me feel included, why should white people be the only ones who don't get poo poo on by everyone else?

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm a white person, so I say this with the full authority of all white people. YOU CAN'T BE RACIST AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE. You can be prejudiced, or just an rear end in a top hat to white people, but you can't be racist.

LOL good one, and LOL @ people actually believe this

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, it's peas. Do you normally season peas?

Yes, lol. Maybe one or another dried chile, or cilantro, or lemon/lime juice, or liquid smoke, or some garlic in the butter while cooking them, or any combination depending on what flavor you're in the mood for.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

big mean giraffe posted:

LOL good one, and LOL @ people actually believe this

oh word?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cracker is a banned slur on twitch please be civil

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
getting nostalgic for the measles

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Y'know, she might be on to something. I used to see a heavily pregnant woman every day last spring, everywhere I went, but not since like June. I'll have to ask my baby what happened.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
pregnancies just ain't as heavy as they used to be, that's the problem. we got these tiny little babies getting born in like 4 hours and not these jumbo cornfed 42-weekers that take 30 hours to bust out

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nobody wants to labor anymore

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I like the implication that women are still getting pregnant, just not pregnant ENOUGH.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The vaxxine doesn't prevent pregnancy, it just makes it much more mild.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Why have baby when you can eat hot chip and lie?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Splint Chesthair posted:

I like the implication that women are still getting pregnant, just not pregnant ENOUGH.

Corner Kelly: Defying gravidity!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dameius posted:

Why have baby when you can eat hot chip and lie?

Well yeah they lie about having babies, despite being quite thin

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mushy peas are great with some malt vinegar mixed in.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Brit here. I can confirm that mushy peas are best when replaced by something else entirely.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/dschw89/status/1762385444426104874?s=46

Finding out that one of the most influential TERFs in the UK reads, in public, erotic Harry Potter fanfiction involving racial slurs is not how I thought my Tuesday would go, but at the same time, I’m not surprised.

But don’t worry, people! It’s all for “research”.

https://twitter.com/hjoycegender/status/1762445995298746428?s=46

And besides, the real creeps are the trans people, and not the middle aged lady reading stories about teenagers loving each other.

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1762462767150141554?s=46

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/dschw89/status/1762385444426104874?s=46

Finding out that one of the most influential TERFs in the UK reads, in public, erotic Harry Potter fanfiction involving racial slurs is not how I thought my Tuesday would go, but at the same time, I’m not surprised.

But don’t worry, people! It’s all for “research”.

https://twitter.com/hjoycegender/status/1762445995298746428?s=46

And besides, the real creeps are the trans people, and not the middle aged lady reading stories about teenagers loving each other.

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1762462767150141554?s=46

Would you please put OP's story in Thread Reader? I wanna read it but I never want to log into Twitter again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
here you go!