Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Jose posted:

i really hope they keep the weight affecting stamina recovery and equip weight

It’s already been confirmed in that interview that the weight does affect those stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yet another preview, get to see some action of what happens when monsters are in town toward the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSMvHirgtXo

I think most people probably didn't click this link because they were busy with the character creator, but give it a watch. It definitely increased my hype levels.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

K8.0 posted:

I think most people probably didn't click this link because they were busy with the character creator, but give it a watch. It definitely increased my hype levels.

drat, yeah same. Looks fun as hel!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
One of the pawn voice lines is “former arisen appear to be plentiful in this world”. Does that mean we can expect more dragons or does that mean something else?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

My character is ready for Dragon's Dogma 2
https://io.imgur.com/Q6ultJq.mp4

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

One of the pawn voice lines is “former arisen appear to be plentiful in this world”. Does that mean we can expect more dragons or does that mean something else?

Former arisen were all over the place in the original- apparently a lot of arisen took the dragon's deal where he'd kill their loved one in exchange in leaving for a while.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

IShallRiseAgain posted:

somehow i hope you can pull hawkins and trelawney off too, goddamn

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sum Gai posted:

Former arisen were all over the place in the original- apparently a lot of arisen took the dragon's deal where he'd kill their loved one in exchange in leaving for a while.

There's also ones that just never bothered to face the dragon in the first place. There's no "one arisen at a time" limit and they apparently keep their immortality until someone kills the dragon for real so they start to pile up after a while.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Looking at the minimum CPU for DD2 is making me consider building a new CPU again: I have a RTX 3070, but I only have a Core i5-8400 which is getting long in the tooth. Still, it does run most everything mostly decently and RE Engine generally scales well, so maybe I will stick it out a bit more.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Dexo posted:

Black skin in this game is really really good lol.

I came here to post just this!! Looks drat good

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Will it be better to start as a specific class if you have an advanced vocation in mind? I vaguely remember in original DD stats from leveling up helped in that area from the base classes. Not trying to min/max or anything.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daner T posted:

Will it be better to start as a specific class if you have an advanced vocation in mind? I vaguely remember in original DD stats from leveling up helped in that area from the base classes. Not trying to min/max or anything.

It does not seem like stats on level up matter.

We don't know if anything else matters, it would probably make sense to do something similar because it probably saves time unlocking augments if those exist still but yeah kinda unknown.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 9, 2024

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Daner T posted:

base stats are changed when swapping vocations now instead

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

ShadowMar posted:

base stats are changed when swapping vocations now instead

awesome, nice!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
DD2 better have sunglasses somewhere

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Did they say anything about gender being important for romancing NPCs? Like are some NPCs gay, straight, or will they just do it with anyone who gives them enough sour beast scrags?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It seems weird to tie Inclinations to voices. Hopefully you can still change them later on.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

K8.0 posted:

Unnatural hair colors were in DD1 but you had to buy them. I bet the same happens here, people should relax a bit on that specific complaint.

Skin colours too, just for the record. I can't remember exactly what point it is you could unlock them; but you had to buy/earn them to some degree.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same here, though there's also the chance they'll sell them as DLC who knows.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lmao the loving shoulders thrown back power walk you do if you set posture to 100. :allears:

It's basically the Vince McMahon walk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
can't seem to find a good base head to make a swarthy southern european
also how the hell u get rid of cleft chins? is that just stuck on base head models?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

can't seem to find a good base head to make a swarthy southern european
also how the hell u get rid of cleft chins? is that just stuck on base head models?

Things like that are usually a part of the Skin. Change to a different one.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Kind of a bummer that the new character creator music is so bland. Just gonna put the original on loop from now on, but I wish they'd done a new arrangement of that theme instead.

Tempted to make a Kim archer pawn.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 9, 2024

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I feel like everyone's relegating the poor beastren to pawn status...I already made a human arisen/beastren pawn but I might flip that. Everyone running around with a cat companion makes it feel like Monster Hunter lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm probably going to save a Beastren Arisen for a second playthrough, but I'm really curious because Itsuno confirmed you get unique interactions from it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Deified Data posted:

I feel like everyone's relegating the poor beastren to pawn status...I already made a human arisen/beastren pawn but I might flip that. Everyone running around with a cat companion makes it feel like Monster Hunter lol

I originally tried to make my own cat but they just didn't have enough facial options to make my obnoxious noise machine. But then I realized you can make the cat people's fur blue, orange or even green and now am working on making a pair of them I'm satisfied with :shepface:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
People are doing good things with the cats

https://x.com/Vininguem__/status/1766108896949682522?s=20

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

in DD2, do we know if the thief has any ranged attacks at all (for things like pulling or aggro'ing enemies in the sky)? I know archer is the dps ranged class but maybe thief has skills with limited range functionality?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It has Ensnare/Implicate.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh...the muscle type options aren't broken. They're just broken on female characters.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Further refining my Catman.

Two more weeks to sit around and tweak sliders.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

As cool as the creator is, I really wanted a proper demo just so I could know how well it runs on steam deck.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Excuse couch photos but i couldn't be hosed with finding the USB stick. He's the guy who sucks, plus he's got depression.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What's the deal with the multi-class system? Can you just... decide you want to play as any two classes and seamlessly swap between them during gameplay? How does that work?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 9, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Leon Meoweddy

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

What's the deal with the multi-class system? Can you just... decide you want to play as two classes and seamlessly swap between them during gameplay? How does that work?

In the first game you changed your class at an Inn or the like. It probably works the same way still.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

In the first game you changed your class at an Inn or the like. It probably works the same way still.

Ok so then you can't, for example, start a fight as a magic archer and shoot a bunch of stuff, then swap your weapon and run in as a mystic spearhand and to finish off things up close?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

GreatGreen posted:

What's the deal with the multi-class system? Can you just... decide you want to play as any two classes and seamlessly swap between them during gameplay? How does that work?

There is a specific class called warfarer that can swap between 3 classes freely in exchange for being a bit weaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Clever Spambot posted:

There is a specific class called warfarer that can swap between 3 classes freely in exchange for being a bit weaker.

Oh cool. Do you know if the wayfarer can only choose primary classes, or can they swap between hybrid classes? I talked about magic archer / mystic spearhand above as an example right as you posted your reply.