Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh god we’re going to see so many realistic hitlers…..

Realistic gay as gently caress Hitler, that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

isk posted:

Pleasantly surprised at how balanced this creator is. It's powerful enough to where you can make just about anything you imagine, but it's accessible to anyone who can read. The descriptions make sense! Editing a thing (usually) does what you'd expect! The only surprises I saw were with hair and eye colors, but even those took only marginally longer to figure out than the other configs.

Adding multiple lighting modes and angles is right out of FFXIV's cookbook, and it's smart to emulate that (and/or learn from Dragon Age Inquisition's miss).

Jury's still out on the game ofc (even with the early reviewer/streamer impressions), but if nothing else they nailed this part. Brilliant marketing all around - release something good as a surprise, make it free and immediately usable, but don't give away the farm.

Anyway, didn't go for any particular reference, just vibes

yeah, I don't spend much time in character creators for most games. but I took a shot at Wonder Woman and came up with this fairly quickly, seemed like a friendly char creator.

gonna be a fighter pawn of course, wanted a gimmick. i think maybe i came close? can't perfectly remake off shots from movies because the creator uses a neutral facial expression

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

If you recognize this one, I hope your back pain isn't that bad.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Cannot wait to bump into these guys.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jack Trades posted:

...yoga with Adrienne?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

...Xena?

If I'm wrong I'll blame goon face blindness

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Is your back good?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Cannot wait to bump into these guys.

well, poo poo. now I have to make chris pine's character

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Is your back good?

Surprisingly, yes. I think they aired Xena episodes well into the 2000s over here

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
That Xena is really good.

After making my cat I got really lazy with my arisen and he is just a generic hot gently caress boy so I have something nice to look at while I play.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Since there are SO many options for creating a realistic person I have decided to painstakingly recreate my absolutely disgusting self. Hell, you can even have duck feet!
Doing all of that fantasy heroics stuff as a typical out of shape shrimp-backed computer toucher is gonna be fun.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm a sexy 2 meter tall Panther Man IRL. AMA

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Anyone know if they have said anything about being able to edit your character mid game other than the item you get for buying the deluxe edition?

I like occasionally changing up hair/beards/scars in long rpgs but I dont want to pay 10 extra dollars just to do so.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Genocyber posted:

MAGICK ARCHER

Archers that dabble in magic, they have some of the most novel abilities in the game, ranging from the ability to sacrifice one of your Pawns, returning them to the Rift, for a powerful arrow shot, to clustering enemies together with a whirlwind. They also possess some of the most overpowered abilities in the game. To compensate, they have especially poor stat growths in all but Magic Defense, so to get the most out of this class, it is best to level for a while as Sorcerer first.

I want to play as an archer right away, how big of a difference did it make in the first game? Do you think it'll be the same in DD2? How long do you need to play as a sorc before you switch to MA?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
They've seemingly done away with the stat growth stuff for 2. Switch to a Magic Archer and you'll have the level appropriate stats for a Magic Archer.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

7c Nickel posted:

They've seemingly done away with the stat growth stuff for 2. Switch to a Magic Archer and you'll have the level appropriate stats for a Magic Archer.

I barely played the first game so forgive me if it's a dumb question but I assume I'll have to start as a ranger and then switch to MA once that becomes available? Or can you pick MA right away?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kefa posted:

I barely played the first game so forgive me if it's a dumb question but I assume I'll have to start as a ranger and then switch to MA once that becomes available? Or can you pick MA right away?

You can start as any class and switch to Magic Archer when you unlock it.

Probably, if it’s like the first game you might have to play a little bit of Mage and Archer first.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
The thing you have to notice is that from level 10-100 you get a *lot* more stat points compared to 100-200 so if you *really* want to bother with builds, start early.

If you really want to check what your stats will be, google the character planner since that will show you what it will be in the end if you follow it perfectly.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about that kind of stuff, all you need to know is that powerful weapons make up a lot for the strength gain from, for example, Assassin or Warrior so in that case try to go for more defensive classes to get more of that since that matters more in the end when you're fully equipped with endgame gear

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Finally settled on my pawn, an archer named Tortitude. I based her off a semi-feral cat that had kittens in my crawlspace a couple years ago. After adopting off her kittens when they were ready and getting her spayed she's basically claimed us but is very tsundere about it.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 10, 2024

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I could have probably done better with it but I made a pawn based on my cat. She is clingy and friendly and dumb so she is basically already a pawn irl.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jack Trades posted:

How does that work on PC? I think I'd like to have that on.

It's not in the character creator. It'll be in the game, most likely under whatever they will call the social or multiplayer option menu.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah the way it worked in the first game is you started as Mage, Fighter or Strider and at level 10 you could switch to anything else through a guy in the main city or DLC area.

Vocations definitely work differently this time around though as they've said there will be trainers to unlock the non-starter vocations in different areas so you'll probably have to play Fighter, Mage, Thief or Archer for a bit

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Classes are always so tough to pick in these kinds of single player RPGs. There’s always FOMO. However the wanderer class being able to swap between magic archer and mystic spearhand seems like it would cover pretty much everything. I’m not even sure what 3rd weapon would make sense to bother with there. Maybe the trickster’s vape stick for novelty I guess?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 10, 2024

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's not in the character creator. It'll be in the game, most likely under whatever they will call the social or multiplayer option menu.

For PC I think it's a Steam setting.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Clever Spambot posted:

Anyone know if they have said anything about being able to edit your character mid game other than the item you get for buying the deluxe edition?

I like occasionally changing up hair/beards/scars in long rpgs but I dont want to pay 10 extra dollars just to do so.

I believe in the first game after you beat the dragon you could buy the art of metamorphosis from the rift crystal merchant? Maybe similar in this game and the pre-order just lets you have it immediately.

Edit: I looked it up in the old wiki. The art of metamorphosis could be purchased for 5k rift crystals and would allow 1 edit of character or pawn. The secret of metamorphosis was the permanent item you could purchase after beating the dragon. So again, hopefully something similar in DD2.

Daner T fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 10, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I noticed that Art of Metamorphosis was included with the deluxe edition of the game. Have they indicated that it can also be bought with rift crystals like it was in DD1, or is that going to be a DLC exclusive option? It'd be kind of lovely to lock character edits behind another payment but that seems to be the way things are going any more.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Thundarr posted:

I noticed that Art of Metamorphosis was included with the deluxe edition of the game. Have they indicated that it can also be bought with rift crystals like it was in DD1, or is that going to be a DLC exclusive option? It'd be kind of lovely to lock character edits behind another payment but that seems to be the way things are going any more.

It's my understanding that everything listed under item is accessible in game at some point. The top half is paid DLC:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I *need* to know what's in that music collection

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

There's no way the music and sound collection includes Into Free, right? I don't need to drop the extra ten bucks.

...right?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Crowetron posted:

There's no way the music and sound collection includes Into Free, right? I don't need to drop the extra ten bucks.

...right?

There's 0% chance they re-licensed the track.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

quote:

Feb 14, 2016

I realize this dead forum is famous for never updated OPs, but this is truly impressive for a really big hit game coming out soon

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

victrix posted:

I realize this dead forum is famous for never updated OPs, but this is truly impressive for a really big hit game coming out soon

To be fair. It's the same game again, but with more money.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Get prepared for pawn sharing. Do we have a discord yet?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tried my best

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's in really bad taste to model your pawn on a serial killer.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Ethiser posted:

You can start as any class and switch to Magic Archer when you unlock it.

Probably, if it’s like the first game you might have to play a little bit of Mage and Archer first.

Got it, thanks

Koorisch posted:

The thing you have to notice is that from level 10-100 you get a *lot* more stat points compared to 100-200 so if you *really* want to bother with builds, start early.

If you really want to check what your stats will be, google the character planner since that will show you what it will be in the end if you follow it perfectly.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about that kind of stuff, all you need to know is that powerful weapons make up a lot for the strength gain from, for example, Assassin or Warrior so in that case try to go for more defensive classes to get more of that since that matters more in the end when you're fully equipped with endgame gear

That's good then, I don't necessarily intend to min max, just don't want to end up investing 50-100 hours into a character only to find out my build sucks and there's nothing I can do to respec.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm really curious if the camping will allow you to access your storage like you could at rest camps in DD1, or if that's going to be restricted to inns. I hope we can also customize our tents and campgrounds to some degree.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kefa posted:

Got it, thanks

That's good then, I don't necessarily intend to min max, just don't want to end up investing 50-100 hours into a character only to find out my build sucks and there's nothing I can do to respec.

The level thing only applies to DD1. In DD2 your stats change completely based on which vocation you're in so there's literally no reason/point to 'respecing'.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm gonna wait for absolute confirmation that leveling in a class has no effect on final stats before going around telling people poo poo about starting classes.

Like it would make more sense purely because Strider used to be a middle ground for HP, Stamina, Strength and Magic and otherwise it would be weird how Thief and Archer fit in as separate classes, but the specifics are currently not fully understood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just play whatever you want.

the only way you could gimp yourself in OG DD was if you spent 200 levels playing Mage/Sorceror then decided right at the end to try playing Fighter. Even then your magic stat would be buff enough that elemental weapons would do some damage.