Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I got an eye of horus the other day from my single daily lottery roll. Was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I've got 3 of them currently, and they're utterly useless because I need heaven and abyss amulets first.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
If anyone is stuck on Red Riding Hood try this: max Riding Hood with Cakes, the rest into the Witch. Upgrade Riding Hood's armor until it gets +2.5% DMG resist then the rest into the gun.

You can freely reset your spent cakes/equipment on the upgrade screens.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Also, I didn't realise until today that I had a bunch of stuff to redeem because it wasn't highlighting it, so I was stuck on things other people had cleared days ago.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I still don't really understand the Red Riding Hood event. How do you get more cakes?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
There's a pack you can buy which I think gives you cakes for signing in, you also get them as point rewards. Honestly you're just better off clicking around on the event screen and seeing what you can find, that's how I realised I'd missed out on loads of stuff today.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is a 1 w-tad cost item in the event shop that gives 60 cakes a day

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I didn't realise that the recap that came up the other day had rewards. If you go to settings and special event to re-open it you can click on things and you'll get in game rewards like wtads and pickaxes.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Ah thanks, I liked the recap but didn't tap around

This game has become like the other phone game I play out of sunk cost (afk arena)

I open it and do the daily stuff most days but I ignore any attempt at progressing because I can't be arsed to trying to read guides and stuff to keep up with whatever

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
How do I get Pigsy's second passive skill in the Traveling Monks? I have the next 2 passives but not that one (that looks like a peach)

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Of course I just got it. It's after beating stage 41

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

what is the actual best strat for clam chronicle? we've been keeping 2 shields up and only casting growth when we get near max mp but idk if that is actually the best strategy

i wonder the best strat for all the chronicles tbh - i can't really find a lot of info about them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You need to attack at least once and do damage.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

thehoodie posted:

what is the actual best strat for clam chronicle? we've been keeping 2 shields up and only casting growth when we get near max mp but idk if that is actually the best strategy

i wonder the best strat for all the chronicles tbh - i can't really find a lot of info about them

Keep some shields up, never be at the top of the list without protection. Attack at least once and do damage so you actually rank on the damage board. Don't have mouthy players in your club because anyone reading dimensional chat for more than a minute will keep track of the regulars and will absolutely wait for clam to slap back.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Rift is very cool. Combines all the minigame portions of the previous realms in a fun way (so far).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... I'm sorry, my brain is trying to wrap itself around that concept.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is very good

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's genuinely a huge update. The rift is absolutely massive, starting with 40 apostles and (I've heard) will continue to be updated with more. The addition of Lottery Machine 2 is also incredible, there's now like an additional 300 relics or so to collect. TBH it probably increases the value of lottery tickets by a fair bit because now there's so much more to get.

Also a lot of stuff has been updated because of it. Like the daily login now gives bonuses based on 2 relics, one from each machine, and in the event page you can pick whether your 400 ticket prize is one from lottery machine 1 or 2.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Where is lottery machine 2?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You have to get into the rift and beat the second apostle there.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Arzaac posted:

You have to get into the rift and beat the second apostle there.

Before you worry, the rift's set up like the last few zones were. The apostles are tuned in such a way that if you've unlocked it, you're strong enough to dominate the bosses you need to unlock the core mechanic. In this case, that core mechanic is the second lottery machine.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Dumb question, how do I get into it?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Resdfru posted:

Dumb question, how do I get into it?

It's the zone after Bharata, so you have to beaten (not dominated) the last Bharata apostle

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

The rift is pretty neat, though I feel like I'm not strong enough to have even really started the rift partner minigame. At 8 apostles defeated, I still haven't been able to even beat the first time keeper.

With travel and research times both being over a day, this has definitely become a "check once a day" game, which is a little sad. I wish there were more to do

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020

Late Fees posted:

The rift is pretty neat, though I feel like I'm not strong enough to have even really started the rift partner minigame. At 8 apostles defeated, I still haven't been able to even beat the first time keeper.

With travel and research times both being over a day, this has definitely become a "check once a day" game, which is a little sad. I wish there were more to do

Ya my thoughts exactly. I do log in before going to bed to check in stuff like Gene research and resource gathering at wars and stuff, but not much else to do.

I just beat Thundos today. It was surpringly easy to beat, compared to the ones before him. Which is neat. On the rift I'm stuck at the minions of the dragon that follows Itachi Apostle. At 17mill power I still can't get an AFFECT win on the 4th minion so since Rush is not activated I'm stuck there.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
what numbers are people using to work out who gets put into vangaurd vs prospector?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fluppet posted:

what numbers are people using to work out who gets put into vangaurd vs prospector?

Our club is using minion strength, and assigning the top 25 to Vanguard. We make sure to use the in-war score so that it shows the Biozilla bonuses, rather than the score from the fridge in the cloning room (where Zuckie hangs out).

I don't think there's a way to look it up in game, so I have everyone submit their scores manually on our discord, track it in a spreadsheet I made, then update their roles in discord on a weekly basis so they know what to pick.

It's not a perfect system since it requires a lot of work outside the client, but it's working pretty well for us for the most part.

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Frankly, sir, we in the Police Force are just plain baffled
I finally beat the monkey magic mini game in bharata, and have moved on to past and future kermet.

Just wondering if there's anything to be gained from exploring normal kermet, I've dominated 2/4 in past, 1/4 in future, and I'm a bit away from dominating the next in each.

Or would I be better off ignoring that altogether for now, and heading to the rift?

I'm at ~18m power, with everything except dragon form at t6 for reference.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

goferchan posted:

Unlocking a T6 form also unlocks an extra 100 floors of special gene sim for that form, which will be trivially easy to complete and give you hundreds of thousands of cells. Dragon T6 will need a lot of those cells, so it can be good to do the other forms first to stock up (although just like previous tiers, you can't complete Dragon until you've done all the others anyways)

Son of a bitch. I have been pushing dragon form to the detriment of my other forms, and I find this out when I am 2 upgrades away from finishing all the T5 dragon upgrades.

At least I am in the 90s in mutant and angel. But I had stalled out on mutant genes, so it is still going to be a week or two before I get mutant finished.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We just say top half of power to vanguard, bottom half to prospector, and we don't worry about the fuzzy optimization details. Then again, we're the dominant #1 on the server cluster so it really doesn't matter

argus tuft posted:

I finally beat the monkey magic mini game in bharata, and have moved on to past and future kermet.

Just wondering if there's anything to be gained from exploring normal kermet, I've dominated 2/4 in past, 1/4 in future, and I'm a bit away from dominating the next in each.

Or would I be better off ignoring that altogether for now, and heading to the rift?

You should probably work on Rift, it's good to get that started. That's where you're going to be spending most of your time. You definitely want to push to get your museum up ASAP, though.

Nothing is stopping you from heading back out and doing a run of future/past every once in a while.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

argus tuft posted:

You shouldn't have any problem dominating them, I managed all 4 of the past one yesterday and I'm only 5.9m power. Use the past pyramid to weaken them first. Or if you have future upgraded enough use that as it does a massive amount of damage in the first round.

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Frankly, sir, we in the Police Force are just plain baffled
Oh derp I meant koryeo, sorry.

The kermet trait unlocks past / future versions of previous maps, To access them you need to have the trait equipped, which doesn't give any stat bonuses, just clone / gene / wormhole speedups.

Sadly, the pyramids don't come with you.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
That makes more sense, I was rather confused how you'd not beaten them. I tried past Koreyo this morning and realised I didn't have a chance for a long time, if you can't do them at 18m then its going to be even longer than I thought.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I unlocked Rift yesterday and saw the "ultimate" realm weapon.

Uh... God drat, even the developers got tired of swapping out weapons for different realms, huh? I'm guessing there's no real point in going back to old realms before I get that, huh?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

The required rift gear doesn't drop until apostle I think 27, so crafting that is quite a long way off

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The millennium bug! My current Nemesis

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Go RV! posted:

We just say top half of power to vanguard, bottom half to prospector, and we don't worry about the fuzzy optimization details.

We do this, but also folks with sufficient T7 minions get to be laborers.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Just found this thread, love the game. Do we have a club? I am in the process of arranging a super snail tattoo, gonna get the snailor from Britland.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Please post pics when you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Just found this thread, love the game. Do we have a club? I am in the process of arranging a super snail tattoo, gonna get the snailor from Britland.

Because of the way the servers are set up there isn't a centralized club. I know a few of us are in larger clubs so if you can tell us what server you ended up on you may be able to get an invite to one.