Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
We just finished an offseason that was all about how great Ohtani to the Dodgers is for baseball. What's "good for baseball" is what makes people the most money. Just try to watch game highlights on YouTube and count how many ads you have to sit through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

Tampa and Toronto

Fenway is a poo poo hole

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

What is Good For Baseball is stripping this loving clown of all ownership of the team and having the mascot throw him into a toilet while Rickey Henderson insults him.

Move the A's to Temecula, hold a Fight Club during the 7th inning stretch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nodoze posted:

Fenway is a poo poo hole

Wrigley too

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

Move the A's to Temecula, hold a Fight Club during the 7th inning stretch

Move the Anaheim team there and get them sponsored by the Hells Angels.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"Enough said, call Ed!"

That one attorney who has billboards all over town that says "more cowbell" and "like Epstein, this billboard didn't hang itself" has to be either going broke or trying to figure out what to do with too much money.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Skydime is fine after the renos. It'll always be lovely when the roof is closed but otherwise it's a huge difference vs a couple years ago.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

gently caress this season

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1775934751351660697?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

Fenway is a poo poo hole

Depends where you sit. The monster seats are about as cool an experience as you can get in sports. The legroom in the regular seats is criminal and there are a ton of bad views for sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

live with fruit posted:

We just finished an offseason that was all about how great Ohtani to the Dodgers is for baseball. What's "good for baseball" is what makes people the most money. Just try to watch game highlights on YouTube and count how many ads you have to sit through.
Who the gently caress thinks this? lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Wrigley too

It's actually perfectly fine after the renovations, sorry.

If you want a shithole stadium go see the Angels, the nature backdrop they have in center looks nice but the actual amenities are legitimately worse than O.Co's. At least Oakland pipes the radio feed into the bathrooms and can put bigger monitors up near concessions than ancient 2005 era 480i monitors.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Who the gently caress thinks this? lol

Everyone who gets paid to talk about baseball said that for three straight months.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

There’s ads on YouTube?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

live with fruit posted:

Everyone who gets paid to talk about baseball

So morons, got it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My least favourite MLB stadium so far would be Yankee Stadium or Miller Park. Functionally Yankee Stadium is perfectly fine, easy enough to get to and in/out but aesthetically it feels like being in a lifeless concrete bowl. At least it's in the Bronx and not a suburb stadium. Miller Park is located outside Milwaukee in a sea of parking lots and leaving after the game is a high risk activity because 50%+ of the drivers are hammered still.

Popete fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 4, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The worst stadium I've been in is definitely Angel's Stadium, followed closely by O.Co. The best is probably PetCo, it's insane how much work they've put in to it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sydin posted:

So morons, got it.

During Spring Training, Harold Reynolds, who somehow's been the face of MLB Network since its inception, did an interview with Ohtani, Betts, and Freeman and his first question was "Do you guys say 'hi' to each other every morning?"

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Stadium lists that put San Francisco very high and Detroit very low always amuse me because from TV the only difference is proximity to water. They even both have the Triples Alley corner, though SF eventually cut it down as an amnesty to hitters not named Bonds.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Comerica is a really cool stadium. The tiger statues own.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trop's the worst I've been to. I liked Coors quite a bit, and Petco is fantastic. It's funny to see Angels Stadium mentioned as worst here (I've never been) because their spring training facility is absolutely gorgeous.

The ones I'd most like to visit for the first time are Pitt and SF.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

My least favourite MLB stadium so far would be Yankee Stadium or Miller Park. Functionally Yankee Stadium is perfectly fine, easy enough to get to and in/out but aesthetically it feels like being in a lifeless concrete bowl. At least it's in the Bronx and not a suburb stadium. Miller Park is located outside Milwaukee in a sea of parking lots and leaving after the game is a high risk activity because 50%+ of the drivers are hammered still.

I like Miller pretty decently, but yeah, I hate how it's in a sea of parking. I also wish they have designed the exterior walls differently in the OF because even with the roof open, it can feel a little closed in.

Yankee Stadium is fine, the problem is the team hasn't been good enough to really associate it with big moments since it was built, and also the concessions are still trash even though they have gotten markedly better on the food end of things in the last few years. But like, old Yankee Stadium was a more cramped concrete bowl, it just had ~history~ about it.

Poque posted:

Trop's the worst I've been to. I liked Coors quite a bit, and Petco is fantastic. It's funny to see Angels Stadium mentioned as worst here (I've never been) because their spring training facility is absolutely gorgeous.

The ones I'd most like to visit for the first time are Pitt and SF.

Angels Stadium feels dated in a non-charming way like say, Wrigley sometimes can. Great food and drink options though! (Also another stadium in a parking lot sea with nothing around it.)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the worst crime a stadium can commit is being a huge hassle to get in/out of and/or needing to drive too. I hate leaving a game and knowing it's gonna take 45 minutes to even get out of the vicinity of the stadium.

Sorry Dodgers fans

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Trop blows but at least there are not routine sewage backups like the Colosseum

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeSAC/status/1775934557042389195

Lmao can't wait to see top MLB stars come here and light up our pitching. I suppose it's possible he can't name a single player on his own roster.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I've been to SF, Oakland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Diego, and Toronto, of which only SF/OAK/LA were actually on game days. The other four I was in the area for other things; Seattle was actually for Wrestlemania 19.

People poo poo on SkyDome apparently, but the way the dome works combined with the attached hotels and restaurants looking onto the field is architecturally neat. It could be more modernized in a few places, but most complaints seem to stem from fake grass (which has improved tremendously and shouldn't be an issue anymore) and it being from the same sort of "concrete everywhere" 70s futurism like the Renaissance Center, to which I say at least it feels like a good example of that sort of architecture compared to the Trop.

Popete posted:

I think the worst crime a stadium can commit is being a huge hassle to get in/out of and/or needing to drive too. I hate leaving a game and knowing it's gonna take 45 minutes to even get out of the vicinity of the stadium.

Sorry Dodgers fans

Their aversion to day games is the worst because getting to and from their stadium would at least be somewhat tolerable if you aren't also fighting DTLA commuter traffic for a 6PM start.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

zoux posted:

Lmao can't wait to see top MLB stars come here and light up our pitching. I suppose it's possible he can't name a single player on his own roster.

That photo has "Proud Giants Affiliate" on what looks like an outfield wall. It'll be funny to see what they do with that during an A's game.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
It's only been 6 games but I'm already ready to fire Hunter Renfroe and Will Smith into the sun.

They Royals would be at least 3-3 if they didn't keep rolling Smith out in the 9th to get shelled. :sigh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Sorry Dodgers fans

The pitch clock is so nice for me. Our weekday day games now get out at like 4 so there's plenty of time for traffic to subside before I leave. It was always miserable when the game would end like 15 minutes before departing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Exodor posted:

It's only been 6 games but I'm already ready to fire Hunter Renfroe and Will Smith into the sun.

They Royals would be at least 3-3 if they didn't keep rolling Smith out in the 9th to get shelled. :sigh:

He was on the roster of each of the last 3 WS champs

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Popete posted:

Comerica is a really cool stadium. The tiger statues own.

I had to explain to my mom why my brother and I thought the gift shop sign was funny when i was in my early twenties, lol

You're right though its a great stadium

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

zoux posted:

Whoever signs him after the Royals DFA is in for a treat.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Only been to Candlestick, Oracle, Coors and *checks notes* Sutter Health myself. I think I liked Coors the most for getting in and out of, but Oracle for the view and vibe.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

zoux posted:

lol what a thing to say. Way to go Fisher.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

zoux posted:

Sure but he was awful for Texas in the post season last year and didn't even pitch in the postseason for Houston in 2022.

Dude is cooked. We have plenty of lovely young pitchers that could throw away a lead.

live with fruit posted:

Whoever signs him after the Royals DFA is in for a treat.

Maybe the Rangers have another starter they've given up on they'd like to give us for him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

Sutter Health

I understand that's the most intimate park in all of baseball.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Anaheim’s stadium is definitely worse than Toronto’s.

And in some ways I liked O.Co better too, if they tore down Mt Davis and did some basic renovations it would be above average.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

Sorry Dodgers fans
don’t apologize to me, that’s by far the worst thing about Dodger Stadium

It is a shame because it is otherwise a perfect baseball oasis (food needs improvement too but that’s less of an issue imo)

If they put a metro line thru the Ravine it would be perfect all around but we can’t have nice things

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Anaheim’s stadium is definitely worse than Toronto’s.

And in some ways I liked O.Co better too, if they tore down Mt Davis and did some basic renovations it would be above average.

Stadium's with fake surfaces are at the bottom of the rankings by default.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

don’t apologize to me, that’s by far the worst thing about Dodger Stadium

It is a shame because it is otherwise a perfect baseball oasis (food needs improvement too but that’s less of an issue imo)

If they put a metro line thru the Ravine it would be perfect all around but we can’t have nice things

I am a big time Dodger Stadium defender because people conflate the actual field with the parking way too much for my taste, it's a beautiful place to take in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Intruder posted:

Wrigley too

It absolutely is but the wrath of Cubsposters is strong