Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
post on your own forums you bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
lol if you care about posting.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Nobody can stop you, not even the playtime retard admins you let hang out here

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I've got ur back i can pretend to know how to do "sql" too

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I've got ur back i can pretend to know how to do "sql" too

I am well versed in every computing language, I don't even have to read the things I am undistracted I use my sense of smell

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Let me "drain the swamp" ##MSAGA

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Plan B: gently caress off back to twitter and let your current crop of retard admins slowly strangle your only constant revenue stream until it dies

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
select * from posts where content=NULL;

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I'm fine with the krust as long as it doesn't get spammed like some lovely twitch chat.

Also, Lowtax, post on your drat forums. Even if it feels weird sometimes. The more you are here, the less people will be weird about it. As it is now, you showing up here is more of an event than just Lowtax loving around on the forums.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Ban everybody immediately. With all the rereg money take the family on a nice vacation.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'd sign up for a monthly subscription if I got equivalent value for buying avs for myself or others or whatever.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This is a safe space right? If not oh well.

some guy on the bus posted:

Lol, ZDR posting all of their ban totals on page 2 is pretty much admitting he's taking money from Lowtax's wallet by permabanning them. Nonviolent J alone reregged 14 times. Of loving course revenue is down.

I PM'd Lowtax and said unprobate me like he did to DGSW and Nooner and even ban me so I have to re reg and get a new avatar, I'd happily contribute to revenue... No repsonse over the last few months.

EnvyJ fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 5, 2017

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dial-a-Dog posted:

i've compiled my report and posted it at skullmund.com

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

that's really funny!!!! gently caress off

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Plan B: gently caress off back to twitter and let your current crop of retard admins slowly strangle your only constant revenue stream until it dies

It's useless, contentless-free, wastes of skins like yourself that are causing revenue to plummet. Nobody want's to join a forum full of a tiny but excruciatingly loud group of halfwits who spend all their time talking about how much these forums suck, talking about the FAR SUPERIOR ALTERNATIVE skull mom, and making grade-school calibre photoshops of Krusty doing "wacky" things.

Stop trying to blame the mods. The problem here is YOU.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Ouch.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Stop trying to blame the mods. The problem here is YOU.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

"This thread is a safe space"

*bans someone for speaking frankly*

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Seriously guys, 99% of the users here have absolutely ZERO problems with the way the moderation is handled.. Unfortunately, the 1% that does, all seem to have those loving retarded Krust avatars, which just makes it easier for all of us to monitor and ban them. Have you ever stopped for a moment and entertained the notion that perhaps, just PERHAPS, the mods are banning the completely unfunny retarded, which just happens to be the Krust Krew, and perhaps the problems does not lie so much with the moderation team but the group of posters who believe they can ignore any rules, post any garbage, and expect to get away with it without any punishment from the mods?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Daddy's been drinking again

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Space Camp fuckup posted:

If you have something constructive and helpful to see that will further your assertion that "mods are treating us unfairly," then yes.

These people have done absolutely NONE of these things.

Including you.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

"Frankly posting crap is still crap and nobody wants to read dial-a-dogs bitching

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm sad dial a dog got banned, he had a good meltdown in progress.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Daddy's been drinking again

Nope, I'm simply tired of the nonstop bickering going on here which causes extra work for the mods and admins. None of the people I'm purging have ever added anything with humor and effort to the forums, so I feel absolutely no remorse for their loss. We need to separate the white noise from the content producers. reward the intelligent, funny, content producers, and kick the white noise the gently caress out of here.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I got my job that I love thanks to a few posts in BFC once. So I actually owe my livelihood to this forum.

Thanks Lowtax maybe this forum will get me a family some day too

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah ok lowtax I get it now. I make some low-effort thread poking fun at you not posting and the moment you do it's a million krustykrew retards bitching about poo poo absolutely nobody cares about. loving hell

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lowtax posted:

Seriously guys, 99% of the users here have absolutely ZERO problems with the way the moderation is handled.. Unfortunately, the 1% that does, all seem to have those loving retarded Krust avatars, which just makes it easier for all of us to monitor and ban them. Have you ever stopped for a moment and entertained the notion that perhaps, just PERHAPS, the mods are banning the completely unfunny retarded, which just happens to be the Krust Krew, and perhaps the problems does not lie so much with the moderation team but the group of posters who believe they can ignore any rules, post any garbage, and expect to get away with it without any punishment from the mods?

I agree 100%. And I really think you could get more perspective on how much people still like the forums if you visited some of the subforums. Games/PYF is always busier than GBS, and those forums run nearly problem free.
Not all of us hate the forums, I would be miserable if Reddit was the only place to post because gently caress those unfunny jerks. Its just that the *always mad* squad seems to follow you around when you show up.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

lollontee posted:

Yeah ok lowtax I get it now. I make some low-effort thread poking fun at you not posting and the moment you do it's a million krustykrew retards bitching about poo poo absolutely nobody cares about. loving hell

YOU DID THIS TO DIAL-A-DOG.

THIS IS ON YOUR HANDS.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lets murder them with hammers

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

At the stroke of midnight immediately following April Fools' Day, 2017, Something Awful admin Zen Death Robot had a mini-meltdown in the Questions, Comments, & Suggestions subforum and either banned or perma-probated several pivotal GBS posters. This was the event that got QCS renamed to QQcs:

~~You can find several instances of such punishments on pages 2 and 3 here.~~

^^^This was the day the music comedy died in GBS. A large splinter faction of GBS's most iconic, prolific, and committed posters jumped ship as a result of these decisions and ultimately began spending their time posting at a place called Skullmund, SA's latest offsite. If you haven't heard about Skullmund, it's a place on Xenforo where all the GBS superstars like Nooner and Dad Gay So What went to post because they were tired of being unable to talk to their pals online. Now they have a safe posting space where they can share their own brand of irreverent humor without worrying about being silenced by report-haters or FYAD's chain-probations.

Mostly, the people who went to Skullmund wanted their own space to post chat threads where people wouldn't report them out of hand for pushing the envelope - that and they want to be able to post with their friends who have been probated from SA until 2028.

Dad Gay So What has had his permaprobe removed, and so has Nooner.

That leaves the following users, who were also caught in the aftermath with perma's on 4/2/17:
Jerry Mumphrey
A Misanthrope
thathonkey
Nonviolent J

My (simple) suggestion is to offer a blanket pardon on all the permaprobes that were issued. Leave the perma's for grievous crimes against humanity, please.

My (more complicated) suggestion is to open up a "Spooky Skull and Crossbones"-themed subforum and name it Skullmund. Make Saint Isaiah's Boner the mod and see what happens.

Love Pupkin

Like this is the poo poo that would have been honestly mocked back in early SA days, but the forum clique here is so far up its own rear end they don't even notice.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Peachfart posted:

Like this is the poo poo that would have been honestly mocked back in early SA days, but the forum clique here is so far up its own rear end they don't even notice.

Oh word?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat, poo poo got real... gently caress

Nice to see Lowtax post amongst the plebs though. Really.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm the pivotal gbs poster, me

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm sad dial a dog got banned, he had a good meltdown in progress.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Like I liked dad gay so what and nooner but weren't they mostly gimmick posters?

I wouldn't want a forum full of that stuff

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

He's right though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol this is a trap thread

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zzulu posted:

lol this is a trap thread

thanks, I think it worked out pretty well too

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Peachfart posted:

I am confused and feel like you should show your math that you think PYF is fine with no problems and yet talk about the old days of SA and what it would mock

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Lowtax posted:

People don't come to SA to be nannied by computer touches obsessed with rules. Sorry man but that's the honest truth. The people who make photoshops like krusty are the same people who got this forum up to steam years ago, and the number of people who'll create interesting and funny content for the forum without pushing any boundaries is exactly 0.

A few months ago you said you wanted the forum to focus on making funny things, and stop neurotically obsessing with rules, what happened to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
IMO as long as the stuff you post is funny the mods seem to take a pretty wide berth before banning you or whatever

so just post funny stuff maybe??

• Locked thread