Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I quite like scramble: http://www.scramblestuff.com/

It's a little bit less obnoxious than most grappling gear. Or maybe it's more obnoxious, I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If you are going to wear it under your gi, your rashguard should be a gi.

Renato Laranja gi rashguard

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
Under a gi, I find dishing out for actual "rashguards" to be a bit of a waste of money and I stick with cheapo compression shirts like underarmour and the like. If its for a no-gi, then I go for real rashguards.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I like Bad Boy for rash guards (even though its a stupid name), I've got one from Scramble which I like its ok but its a little on the heavy side.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I quite like scramble: http://www.scramblestuff.com/

It's a little bit less obnoxious than most grappling gear. Or maybe it's more obnoxious, I forget.

the beat em up rash guard will probably be mine. Didn't know of scramble but the reviews are pretty good and the designs are great so very interested.

swagger like us posted:

Under a gi, I find dishing out for actual "rashguards" to be a bit of a waste of money and I stick with cheapo compression shirts like underarmour and the like. If its for a no-gi, then I go for real rashguards.

There will be occasional no gi so that's why I'll get one real rash guard, I have nike dri fit compression stuff that works ok right now, but it's kind of lovely for no gi. Anyway it's for a gift idea so I won't be dishing out the money, I'll be happy to have a rashguad with a crazy design though.

Kekekela posted:

I like Bad Boy for rash guards (even though its a stupid name), I've got one from Scramble which I like its ok but its a little on the heavy side.

Cool, I thought they were crap (like most TAP OUT and other over-marketed poo poo like that), but there's some for like 20$ at a winners close by. Will try them if I can find one that doesn't have an obnoxious design which is one of my main problem with most rash guard. Looking like a douchebag that likes to fight when I go for drinks at a bar isn't my idea of good design.

When you say heavy do you mean it's too warm? Will I want to rip it off from under my gi?

---

Also will have a lot of difficulty to keep myself from buying this wonderful creation :

if I wasn't doing mostly judo where they are hidden by pants I could not stop myself

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 8, 2013

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

KingColliwog posted:

When you say heavy do you mean it's too warm? Will I want to rip it off from under my gi?

Yeah, I think its the "Shadows" one, it might just be that particular model, but it feels very heavy and it does get hot when I roll in it. (it is cool looking though)

On a side note, they've got a brownish looking one called something like "Cafe con Leche" that people go nuts for.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Frankie Edgar got his black belt yesterday -

Along with some other, less notable people -

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Who's the goon?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Congrats, fd

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Novum posted:

Who's the goon?

Ouch.

Good work mang.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
They make you do a gauntlet?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
Holy poo poo, congrats FD.

Our mod can beat up all other mods!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
congrats, that's no small accomplishment

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Holy poo poo FD is definitely a goon

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Congrats FD, that's awesome

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Congrats on training with Frankie Edgar too. Be honest, how many times have you personally submitted Frankie Two-Times?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Novum posted:

Who's the goon?

origami posted:

Holy poo poo FD is definitely a goon

For the record, I have never claimed to be anything other than a giant nerd that happens to enjoy choking people.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Novum posted:

Who's the goon?

Lol.

Congratulations fd! I too would like to hear some boasting about any Frankie submissions.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Congrats, fd.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Congrats dude. I remember you didn't get your brown belt that long ago did you?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

fatherdog posted:

For the record, I have never claimed to be anything other than a giant nerd that happens to enjoy choking people.

Congrats fatherdog

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Congrats dude. I remember you didn't get your brown belt that long ago did you?

Almost exactly two years ago.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Congrats fatherdog on the huge achievement!

fatherdog posted:

Almost exactly two years ago.
I've had my brown belt for 2.5 years and I think I'm stuck there in perma-brown belt status for the foreseeable future.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 9, 2013

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Congrats fatherdog!

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Good.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

When I saw this many posts in the grappling thread I just assumed that CivilDisobedience had posted something again :sweatdrop:

'grats FD!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo! Congrats dude.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Congrats Fatherdog!

Frankie needs to wear the blackbelt shorts when he fights BJ.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Congrats FD, that is an amazing accomplishment.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Congrats!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Congratulations FD!

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Congrats FD, how long was your journey to this point? How many years at each belt? And how do you break down your training time? Lots of self-directed open mat time?

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Congrats as well :cheers:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Congrats FD, how long was your journey to this point? How many years at each belt? And how do you break down your training time? Lots of self-directed open mat time?

I started training no-gi grappling around September of 2002, took a year off due to back injury in 2007 and then moved to Hamilton, and took up BJJ with professor Almeida in february of 2008. I got my blue in september of 2008, my purple in January of 2010, and my brown in December of 2011.

My training time is really just going to the classes, trying to be mindful during drilling, and then lots of randori afterwards. It's not substantially different than anybody else's training time; there's just more of it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nice!

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
thats cool. I thought you had a shaved head but maybe that was another goon.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I started training no-gi grappling around September of 2002, took a year off due to back injury in 2007 and then moved to Hamilton, and took up BJJ with professor Almeida in february of 2008. I got my blue in september of 2008, my purple in January of 2010, and my brown in December of 2011.

My training time is really just going to the classes, trying to be mindful during drilling, and then lots of randori afterwards. It's not substantially different than anybody else's training time; there's just more of it.

That's wonderful. Do you teach as well at this point?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
That's awesome FD.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
So when's the grand opening of SABJJ? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sprecherscrow posted:

That's wonderful. Do you teach as well at this point?

I fill in for classes now and then when people are out and need a replacement, but my job responsibilities make it difficult for me to teach on any kind of regular schedule.