Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

Point conceded.

If Mort just wore a jacket with "Light Side 4 Lyfe" sewn into it at strategic points, then he could probably avoid killing people he doesn't really feel like killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

If Mort just wore a jacket with "Light Side 4 Lyfe" sewn into it at strategic points, then he could probably avoid killing people he doesn't really feel like killing.

I could see that working.

Sith: "You--you're a lightsider!"
Mort: "I'm wearing it ironically, you twit."
Sith: "Oh."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

paragon1 posted:

Light-side Inquisitors can get called out on their alignment by a member of the Dark Council in front of a large assembly of Sith Lords and respond by justifying it to everyone's satisfaction using the Sith Code. :v:

LS Inquisitors don't get moments often, but they do get them.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
My favorite part of being a LS SW was trolling Jedi, bonus points if they get trolled into the Dark Side.

Strayed
Mar 3, 2013
I'd just like to pipe in and say the Stellaris reference got a chuckle out of me. Force using assault armies for life.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Cythereal posted:

Light-side Inquisitors can get called out on their alignment by a member of the Dark Council in front of a large assembly of Sith Lords and respond by justifying it to everyone's satisfaction using the Sith Code. :v:

LS Inquisitors don't get moments often, but they do get them.

Okay anyone have a video of this?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, bluster aside I assume most of the reason why Random Dirt Farmer With A Blaster #391 tries to take on these legendary heroes/villains is because they don't have much choice. Hell it's sort of one of the ironies of light and dark side choices for Imperial characters, a lot of the time the light side choice is taking them alive so they can be tortured in an Imperial prison for everything they know then executed.

I was playing the Bonus chapter to Shadowrun: Hong Kong the other night after accidentally discovering that it existed, and it was funny while running raids on corporate labs to have the companions remark "Hey remember how we beat that horrific demigod? And now rent-a-cops are shooting at us." Anyone you tried to use that reasoning on would just shrug and say "A job's a job."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dolash posted:

Yeah, bluster aside I assume most of the reason why Random Dirt Farmer With A Blaster #391 tries to take on these legendary heroes/villains is because they don't have much choice. Hell it's sort of one of the ironies of light and dark side choices for Imperial characters, a lot of the time the light side choice is taking them alive so they can be tortured in an Imperial prison for everything they know then executed.

I was playing the Bonus chapter to Shadowrun: Hong Kong the other night after accidentally discovering that it existed, and it was funny while running raids on corporate labs to have the companions remark "Hey remember how we beat that horrific demigod? And now rent-a-cops are shooting at us." Anyone you tried to use that reasoning on would just shrug and say "A job's a job."

It works at the end, if you made a deal with the Yama Kings during the main game.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

An RPG that starts off with normal combat that, once you hit a certain point, non-boss fights just stop due to your infamy, would be pretty drat awesome.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Doctor Reynolds posted:

An RPG that starts off with normal combat that, once you hit a certain point, non-boss fights just stop due to your infamy, would be pretty drat awesome.

Isn't a boss rush kind of the most boring part of an RPG?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It depends entirely on the bosses. Good bosses would make that pretty fun, while bad bosses would make it a boring slog.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 23: A Daring Rescue..?

Click for Video

I haven’t had any problems with them--so far.
Always be at least a little guarded. Not the worst way to live, considering all the betrayal on display.
You have no idea.
As I mentioned earlier, I did acquire some information worth noting.
Rishii observations surrounding the Revanite stronghold fit what we know: they’re holding powerful warships on standby, and they’re well protected.

That is the kind of self-assurance I like to hear!
I don’t believe Miss Beniko was finished, Jakarro.
We’ve been unable to reach the Imperial fleet nearing Rishi, but I can confirm from the Nova Blades’ datalogs that Darth Marr’s flagship is among them.
Get to work on a solution for our connection issues. He needs to know what’s coming.
I’m working to remap the interface patterns into code that protocol droids on approaching ships should be able to decipher--if they’re any good.
Press on. Stall their ships if you can, and we’ll do what we can from here to reach the fleet and lend support as needed.
This technical junk would be much easier with Theron around.
I’m no pushover, but you aren’t joking! We do hope Agent Shan is recovered.
Yes--preferably alive.
Now go show the Revanites--and, fate willing, Revan himself--why you are not to be trifled with.

How.
What?
How did we possibly miss those on the way in?

That’s a nice AA gun. Let me borrow it.

There. A holorecord of Theron under interrogation. Coordinates are coming your way.
And Revan?
No indication he’s there… but no indication he isn’t, either. I wouldn’t let my guard down.

Click for Video

Oh, now that’s subtle.

Revan.
Or a pale shadow thereof.

So, your victory’s pre-ordained then?
Yes.
I guess I should just give up.
Wait, no. I’m going to do the opposite of that.

Theron Shan’s fate doesn’t matter. Neither does yours. I’m changing the fate of the galaxy itself.
All I see is you trying to destroy everything.

The only upside in your being here, really, is that you get to bear witness. My plan’s too far along for you to stop it now.

Don’t listen to him--it’s not over yet!
Theron! There you are.
It’s nice to have my--apparently only--competent ally back.
Figured I had a lot to tell you, so I broke out. Guess I could’ve saved myself the trouble.
Don’t know how much Lana or Revan told you, but he’s lured the Imperial and Republic command fleets to Rishi.
Revan wants to draw them into a fight, try to take out the leadership.
It’ll barely be a fight. Revanites embedded on both sides are gonna sabotage shields, weapons--you name it--and we can’t warn them.
Revan had the Nova Blades build him a signal jammer. No communications at all up in Rishi space. It’ll be a bloodbath.
One call to Jakarro and no more signal jammer.
The Revanites have that thing protected. You send Jakarro out there and he and Deefour become part of the landscape.
That would be a shame. I kinda like that droid.
Are you finished?
Yeah, sure.

Why do you always have such bad luck with computers?

Where’s the Earth-shattering kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!
Hello? Are you there?

I appear to have sliced through four layers of encryption to remotely deactivate the power core.
Just in the nick of time. Don’t know if I could’ve managed that, even.
That’s because she’s been playing useless this whole time.
Theron. Good to know you’re alive.
I heard everything--about the jammer, all of it. We need to regroup for an immediate attack.
Whatever happens… be proud of what we’ve accomplished up to now. See you soon.

Click for Video

Alright, take it easy. I’m not exactly a hundred percent, and you’re not exactly gentle.
Oh, good! The team’s back together again--all thanks to you for saving Theron, of course.

Modesty! I might be sick….
Theron, you have the intelligence on this signal jammer. You start.

Yes.
:sigh:
Jammer’s on a nearby island. You’ve probably seen it. Can’t be sliced remotely, lots of Revanitze zealots protecting it… the usual hopeless nightmare, basically.
Let them try to stop me.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 25, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's two of this shot, was there meant to be one or something else in its palce?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nah, just me forgetting I'd already saved that shot and saving it a second time.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Youtube muted the second video.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Youtube muted the second video.

I am not surprised, it had actual music from the movie in it.

Fortunately, that shouldn't be a problem when we hit KotFE.

Edit: And youtube won't even let you counter-claim audio anymore. Nice.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 25, 2016

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A non-player character with agency. Remarkable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder what Revan was trying to do to Theron. Convert him, maybe? It doesn't seem like he needed all that much in the way of intelligence.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If you're romancing Theron, he reveals that Revan pretty much dropped the whole torture/questions thing when he learned Theron was his great grandson and was trying to bring Theron into his service.

Fortunately, Theron has no love for the Jedi in general and for the crazy ones even less so.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's what.

Nooo they made Revan hetero

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SynthOrange posted:

He's what.

Nooo they made Revan hetero

Revan and Bastille made a little Revan who eventually made Satele, who made Theron, who is a poo poo child who cannot Force.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Theron: officially the galaxy's worst disappointment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Shan's mother gave up her child to be raised by her former teacher, the Jedi Master Ngani Zho, and young Theron was trained as a Jedi throughout his childhood. When Zho realized that Shan possessed none of his mother's strength in the Force, the youth was forced to leave the Jedi Order.

:laffo:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #[REDACTED]
Stardate: [DOUBLE-REDACTED]

Ever since Tython I've been doing my best to keep a low profile, and that means cutting back on writing all my secrets where anybody who can guess the Miel Muwn's network password can find them. Had a little personal business on Rishi though, and it stuck with me, so I figured there's no harm in getting it out.

Going to Rishi wasn't my idea. I'd been having trouble finding leads on Colonel Darok, and then Theron went dark only to wind up with a stack of phoney charges on his head. At that point we were basically just cruising from port to port and trusting to luck.

Speaking of trusting to luck, somebody really needs to teach Corso how to play cards.

quote:

Corso: Hmph. Better ways to spend my time.

Risha: Since the game's winding down... think I could borrow you for a minute? I think someone's tampered with the navicomputer.

Quentine: Tampered with it? How?

Seems I was right being careful about leaving evidence lying around on the ship's computer. If our mystery slicer's reading this log right now, well, hope you're enjoying yourself.

quote:

Corso: Rishi? The pirate hideout?

Risha: So I've heard. It's not that we couldn't make some credits in that type of setting, but I prefer to have a choice in the matter.

Quentine: Can we fix the thing?

Risha: Already done. But someone wants us on that planet. Some kind of subtle job offer?

Corso: Or a trap.

I'm not gonna talk about if we made any progress on our investigation once we landed – that's the kind of top-secret stuff I'm trying to keep a lid on – but like I said, I did have a bit of side business while we were there, involving an old friend.

Remember Beryl Thorne? If you're the mystery slicer, maybe you don't – and shame on you for not reading my backlog to get up to speed. Beryl's another “independent captain” like myself I met back on Taris. Her and Risha have... let's call it history.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: You know there's a Republic representative to Port Nowhere now? It's almost like you cleaned up the place.

Quentine: Beryl Thorne. How long's it been? Since Quesh?

Beryl Thorne: Let's not talk about Quesh. I still have the rash from the fumes.

Beryl Thorne: Look, I saw you were on Rishi and thought I'd run something past you.

Beryl Thorne: An opportunity's come up. How would you like to make a fortune together?

Smuggling those Tarisian “core samples” out from under agent Soganti's nose (RIP) was a fine bit of work. In fact, Beryl's friendly family heirloom retrieval service was my second-favorite memory from that garbage ball of a planet. My favorite was that bottle of Cassandran brandy she had.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: Just the fortune for today.

We weren't in the middle of anything too time-sensitive and I always like catching up with an old friend, so me and Risha made for her landing pad. Risha and Beryl might not be on the best terms, but when there's a fortune to be made she can overlook a little history.

Recommended for reunions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcQa2VzgqVo

Like I said, Risha's up for the money, but she and Beryl have a pretty strict “no talking to each other” policy.

quote:

Quentine: Beryl. So what have you been up to?

Beryl Thorne: Got offered a privateer contract like you. Turned it down – not my thing – but I was flying war supplies for a while.

Beryl Thorne: Then the Senate passed a bill saying persons with a criminal record can't fly war supplies. So it's been rough since then.

Just the kind of stupid rule I'd expect the Senate to pass. Never miss a chance to blast ourselves in the foot.

quote:

Quentine: Where's your droid? Argo?

Beryl Thorne: Lost him on Nar Shaddaa when the Hutt Cartle infighting started. Like I said, it's been rough.

Beryl Thorne: What about you? Heard rumors you've been busy.

Quentine: Somehow, I've ended up a troubleshooter for the Chancellor and the SIS.

Okay, so I only buzzed Ilum before seeing how much frostbite we were looking at, but the rest of what's gone on is crazy enough that it blends right in.

Weird to think that Hutt infighting Beryl mentioned was a side-effect of me bringing the Cartel to heel back on Makeb. Which means I'm part of the reason she lost Argo. Probably for the best I didn't point that out.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: You're good, but I think someone's feeding your ego.

Beryl Thorne: Anyway, on to business. You ever heard of Garblaque the Hutt?

Quentine: Rings a distant bell.

It didn't. I'm just terrible of keeping up on galactic gossip.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: Former businessman, retired to a moon of Hosko about a decade back. Pretty sedate tastes for a Hutt, likes to avoid trouble.

Beryl Thorne: Now, with the Cartel-Republic alliance, he's terrified of being caught in the crossfire. So he came up with a plan.

Sounds like typical Hutt problem-solving to me – make a run for it with all your money and hope someone else fixes it. Basically Makeb all over again.

quote:

Quentine: The war's only getting worse, and if it's over in ten years? I doubt Garblaque will like the outcome.

Beryl Thorne: Maybe, but if that's the case, I'd still rather be on a luxury cruiser.

Beryl Thorne: Here's the thing, though. Even Garblaque can't pay for his ship and supplies in cash. He's auctioning off seats – thousands of them.

Quentine: So anyone with the money can escape the war with him.

Beryl Thorne: The ticket prices are crazy – half the galaxy wants out, but only kingpins and big shots can afford it.

Beryl Thorne: Think, Captain: How much would you pay to hang up those blasters and join a ten-year pleasure cruise?

I have to admit, the question caught me off-guard. I'd never imagined escaping the war before, that it was even possible. For a rich enough Hutt I guess just about anything is.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: Is that wrong? Hutts can be good conversationalists, and I'm just – I'm tired of the fighting. You must be, too.

Quentine: What's your pitch, Beryl?

Beryl Thorne: I've got a lead on two dozen tickets stolen by pirates and stowed on Rishi. I can sell them for ten times what they're worth.

Beryl Thorne: We steal the tickets, we split the profits. We can even keep a few ourselves.

I'd be lying if I said the idea didn't appeal to me at least a little bit. Not that I'm desperate for a way out, or that I'm all that close to Beryl. It's just... well, even with everything going on in the galaxy, smugglers don't usually have long before they get taken out or retire. Am I still going to be jetting around the galaxy punching out Sith five years from now?

quote:

Beryl Thorne: Not an ending – a new beginning.

Quentine: So where do we find the tickets?

Beryl Thorne: That's the tricky part. These pirates have cargo stowed all over, and there's no way we can search it all.

Beryl Thorne: But... I've sliced into their cargo droid registry. If you make it look like there's a raid on their property, blow things up...

Quentine: ...Then they'll send a droid to make sure the tickets are safe.

quote:

Quentine: Blow things up, watch the droid, steal the tickets. Not a problem.

The plan was simple, especially considering the payoff. That's the thing about stealing from pirates, though – it's usually a lot easier than stealing from whoever they robbed in the first place.

I told Risha about the plan, but she wasn't exactly thrilled. Sure, the tickets were worth plenty of credits, but it's not like she needed a way out. Her planet, Dubrillion, is just about ready for its queen to return. If anything it kinda looks like she's stalling. Don't tell her I said that, though.

Finding and hitting the pirate cargo wasn't hard. You couldn't throw a thermal detonator in Rishi without blowing up a pallet of loot. The hard part was sneaking out in the confusion to keep the pirates from guessing what was going on.

A few arsons later and Beryl gave us the heads-up that the droid was on its way, and she had a good guess where it was headed. We'd managed to keep away from any guards so far, so now all we had to do was beat them to the jackpot.

I took a moment on the ride over to try and figure how some backwater buccaneers got their hands on a couple dozen tickets for the most exclusive joyride in the galaxy. I mean, obviously they stole them, that goes with being pirates, but it's not like any small-time outfit gets a crack at a prize that rich. Maybe they just got lucky.

The coordinates Beryl gave us were for a hidden landing pad out on the water, just big enough for one small shuttle. Whoever these pirates were, they'd obviously been relying on stealth to keep their precious loot safe – most of the work on this job was probably in how Beryl got the info in the first place.

Seems like we'd beat them to the punch. Everything was going nice and smooth until...

Yeah. Seems they didn't just send a droid – the pirate captain figured out our game and tried to jump us while we were cracking his treasure chest.

The captain was this big, meaty Houk who mostly just tried to tear us limb from limb. Risha had a lot of trouble drawing a bead on him with her sniper rifle at that range, so I let my scattergun do most of the heavy lifting

Now there's one fewer pirate captain in the galaxy. The set of keys he had on his belt saved us some time on the chest, too, so I'll call that a net win.

We grabbed the tickets and headed back to Beryl's landing pad. Risha was a little quiet on the walk back. She didn't say it, but I think she might've been worried I was about to ride off into the sunset. Well, as you probably guessed, things weren't that simple.

Recommended for a plan B.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEFR4MO0xM

quote:

Quentine: Got them. Two dozen tickets to Garblaque's luxury dreadnought.

Beryl Thorne: Heh. That's our way out – no more running from Imp warships or Republic customs.

Beryl Thorne: Hey – wait... drat it!

Quentine: Don't tell me those things are fake.

And there you have it. Getting out was never on the table. Guess that explains what the Houk and his crew were doing on Rishi instead of packing their things for a ten-year cruise, moving golden tickets takes time and they must've thought a pirate planet would be perfect to lay low.

quote:

Beryl Thorne: We can sell them, no problem, but we're not going anywhere.

Quentine: I know you wanted to get out, find somewhere safe. You probably deserve that pleasure cruise. But you'll be okay.

Beryl Thorne: You're one to talk! You could've gotten out ages ago if you wanted – you've lost more credits than I'll ever earn.

Beryl Thorne: I'm sorry, I just – tell me something. Why are you still here? Why keep fighting?

Truth is, even if these tickets turned out to be a bust, I've racked up more than my fair share of credits over the last couple years. I figure if I wanted out I could probably buy one of Garblaque's tickets outright. Would I, though?

quote:

Quentine: I'm doing something good. And I won't abandon the people who rely on me.

Beryl Thorne: Blast. I can actually understand that.

Quentine: Sorry to disappoint.

Beryl Thorne: Thanks. For being honest.

Beryl Thorne: Anyway, we can always rely on money. Something to remember next scheme.

Even if a luxurious early retirement is tempting, I couldn't relax leaving the galaxy the way it is. Besides, Jolune'd never forgive me if she heard I blew off solving this whole conspiracy business.

Doesn't mean Beryl should leave Rishi empty-handed, though.

quote:

Quentine: Doesn't have to be privateer work. The Supreme Chancellor owes me a few favors.

Beryl Thorne: Are you trying to make a hero out of me?

Quentine: Just trying to get you out of my hair.

Beryl Thorne: I'm not desperate for work. But for the right kind of job... yeah. All right. You've got a deal.

Quentine: Now about those tickets...

quote:

Beryl Thorne: Too bad the only people who can afford tickets don't really need them. The ones who've already got gangs and armies for protection.

Quentine: There are non-humanoids and ammonia-breathers out there who could use an escape. Folks hit hard by the conflict.

Beryl Thorne: Yes, there are.

Quentine: Ortolans watching their home on Hoth turn into a battleground. Refugees on Nar Shaddaa...

I might've laid it on a bit thick there.

quote:

Quentine: Never figured we were.

Beryl Thorne: Me neither. I'm glad.

Beryl Thorne: I should get going. If I'm really going to start working for the Republic I've got a few messes to clean up first.

Quentine: You sure you can't stick around? One drink. Maybe three.

Beryl Thorne: Next time – but you're buying.

Beryl's a good woman, she doesn't deserve the kind of trouble she's had to deal with. Soon as we're off Rishi I'll check with the Chancellor and see if my credit's good for a pardon, if the Republic can overlook my record they should be willing to do the same for her.

I met up with Risha afterward and told her about the tickets. She chewed me out a bit for letting Beryl give them away to the needy when we could've made enough credits to buy our own moon, but still, I think she was a little happy to hear I wasn't going anywhere.

That's enough getting sidetracked for now. We've still got a job to do here on Rishi, and the leads we're picking up – well, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. drat if old mean, red and ugly isn't at it again.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 30, 2016

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Aw, Cap'n almost got to retire. Also pretty sure that's a different VA for Beryl, listening to some cut scenes of her on Taris it definitely sounds off somehow.

Also didn't know you played WoW PTN.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Quentine seems to refer to a location called "Porn Nowhere" in this update. That can't be right... there's no way that's an accurate description of the place.

But really? Giving away a pathetic two dozen tickets to the needy? That's inconsequential no matter how you look at it. No, no, no, it would have been much better to sell them to the worst crime lords you can find, so they would go away for a decade. Just imagine what could be done with that opportunity.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Paging doctor Freud! Typo fixed.

And yeah, the whole cruise idea's a bit flimsy. Selling the tickets to some honchos then donating the proceeds to help a much larger number of refugees, for example, would make sense. It's not like being a pitiable charity case on a ten-year cruise with a bunch of Hutts, rich gangsters and businessmen outside of the bounds of society is a guarantee of safety either - I can see that cruise going Bioshock pretty fast.

It is sort of neat from a sci-fi perspective to consider that once you have interstellar space travel, advanced technology and a whole galaxy to explore, someone wealthy enough could just opt out of society entirely and cruise off into the unknown. Heck, the Rishi maze is a whole mysterious and underexplored dwarf galaxy thing clinging to the edge of the main galaxy, the "Great War" is only really taking up a fraction of the space available.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Catsworth posted:

Also didn't know you played WoW PTN.

Haha, I don't, but that's interesting.

Here's hoping that's the most sarcastic member of the... Burning Legion?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 24: A Dialogue Option Nobody has Ever Chosen

Click for Video

We read you.

That’s it? No words of advice? Nothing?
I think we lost connection.
I knew we should’ve switched to Space Verizon.

Well, whatever. This won’t be so bad. Kill some mooks.
Sneak through a hole in the--

What? :what:
Hey, developers, don’t put side-paths and obvious map holes if you don’t want players to explore them!
It’s fine, Vette. We’ll just go the way we’re supposed to.

Oh look, the bosses are in pairs this time.
How much you want to bet it’ll be two troopers, and then a sith/jedi combo?
Not taking that. My money’s on them enraging if you kill one before the other, that’s a trick the game hasn’t played before.

The Remaining Adversary Rages at the Death of Their Ally!

Okay, you’re in. There’s a forcefield between you and that jammer. You’ll have to gather a set of security codes to pass through.
Great, so we’ve reached the pointless busywork part of the flashpoint.
Signal’s going to start breaking up soon. Talk to you when you get that jammer shut down.

Second verse, same as the first.

Tempting, but let’s do that thing where we’re not shortsighted morons.

Click for Video

Oh no, a walker unit. :geno:
Is that an acronym?
What?
Y’know. Walking… Automatic… uh, Legged Killing Energized Recon unit?
No, Vette. Just… no. It’s just another boss that’s too tall to take good combat screenshots of.

Who was that?
Nobody imp--

Blooper. Whoops!

Wait a sec. Need to adjust my 3D monitor.
There we go.

Click for Video (Recommended Viewing)

Quite a significant occasion. I see you’ve begun without me.
We both felt time was of the essence, Wrath.
Satele Shan, Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Your intervention allowed us to defend ourselves against the Revanite fleet. Many thousands owe their lives to your actions.
And the all-encompassing rot of the Order of Revan has been excised from our fleets. Now we turn to the matter of Revan himself.

And you didn’t tell… me.
I thought you’d give Rishi a laugh and let the Republic and Imperial fleets kill each other.
I thought you’d know me better by now.

Starting with you. Ending with me.
What?
What.

No, seriously. Who is that?
Nobody imp--

That went surprisingly well, I think

Unbelievable. Where’s the trust? Huh? Did it go wander off someplace, or was it never there to start with?
It happened. It’s over. It’s in the past. Let it go.
Exactly! It is what I tell the droid all the time!
Oh, yes. It’s virtually constant.
I say enough of this. We need to focus on the Revanites!
Isn’t there… anything else you wanted first?
Yes, will that be all?

Don’t have to tell me twice. C’mon, Jakarro.
Yes, let us go before I see anything I cannot unsee!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ease off the mascara there Lana, you've practically got solid chunks

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Haha get dunked on Lana

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SKY COQ posted:

Haha get dunked on Lana

She is, incidentally, a romance option - she and Theron both, and they're the first bisexual romances (beyond the side NPCs on that Hutt planet) available to players.

Lana's flirtatious with all Imperial PCs, but I noticed after romancing her on all four classes that she's most overtly attracted to the Sith Warrior.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That bit with "Isn't there... anything else you wanted first?" "Yes, will that be all?" was thirsty as gently caress. Come on guys, even the Wookie could tell.

"Let your agony fuel you" is also the best, Sithy way to say you don't feel the same way I've ever seen. Good on Vette for suppressing her laughter.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My favorite part's in the video.

When that option is chosen, the romantic music just kinda goes "Oh poo poo, they chose that option?!" and trails off.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Heh, I will grant Lana is a fun romance (died laughing in the last chapter of KOTFE when she bitched about how my character always picked the worst times to kiss her) but man that's kind of a pushy sell. Given the frequent complaints I've heard about Bioware romances I do have to grant Theron/Lana at least lack the problematic subtext of most of the other relationship options; they are very much treated as more or less equals and they're certainly mentally healthy adults.

Although since we've gotten Battle of Rishi, may I say gently caress the hard mode version of that flashpoint's final boss. It summons adds that pretty much melted my group repeatedly the one chance I tried for the Dark vs Light achievement from there, ridiculous how much harder it is than most of the operations/raids I've done. Then again at least it's not giving me a "Detail Data Missing" thing preventing me from getting two levels of the Dark vs Light achievement done like Manaan at the moment *sigh*.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I kind of like Theron being really mad at Lana here; he got hurt because he let himself believe that a successful sith lord wouldn't hang him out as bait, even when he should know better. He probably would have been fine with it if she had asked him first, but it doesn't even occur to her.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Cross purposes? Obviously this united enemy will make a lasting peace with the Republic and Empire. Yup. That's going to happen.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

wiegieman posted:

I kind of like Theron being really mad at Lana here; he got hurt because he let himself believe that a successful sith lord wouldn't hang him out as bait, even when he should know better. He probably would have been fine with it if she had asked him first, but it doesn't even occur to her.

I also got the sense that there wasn't time to ask when she saw the opportunity. And she's got a point in that the potential value was near priceless and she had good backup nearby to pull him out. And it paid off in spades.

So yeah, I get that he's annoyed with it and would have preferred to have been consulted, but I'd expect an SIS master spy to be a bit more pragmatic.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

kaosdrachen posted:

So yeah, I get that he's annoyed with it and would have preferred to have been consulted, but I'd expect an SIS master spy to be a bit more pragmatic.

He's been tortured and has just found out that Revan's his great grand-pappy in what was probably the most awkward "join me, I am secretly your relative" reveal in history. Plus, he just spent the last half-hour with his mom (and if you're romancing him, you find out she doesn't even bother to ask how he's doing, which is the Jedi). He's more than a little upset and Lana's really the only available target.

Satele does care about him, but the only time she expresses it openly is if you do something incredibly stupid in content yet to come. No spoilers if you know what I mean, I plan on chatting about it once we get there.

If you side with Lana here you can actually talk some sense into him, and if you side with Theron you can help Lana understand why he's upset (because she doesn't).

Mort's being kinda a blunt jerk mostly because I like to give Dr. Venture D4 as many lines as possible. Poor James Urbaniak, he's always winding up playing characters shackled to big hairy men.

:allears:

So, now that we're done with Rishi, I have to say that I really feel like Shadows of Revan would've been better with Darth Malgus instead of Darth Marr. I know Darth Marr's the guy from the Dark Council that everyone likes. I also know it was never in the cards for Imperial players to join Malgus's rebellion (but at the same time, wanting the emperor out of the picture would've made much more sense if they had). But mostly, Malgus has a long history with Satele Shan and her husband trooper she made Theron with (they're the ones who scarred him so badly in the last war). Having the two of them forge even a temporary accord would've been very poignant. Having Marr and Satele strike an accord when mostly they play Starship Chess with each other but haven't ever interacted directly before is... less so.

Marr and Malgus are both surprisingly reasonable, pragmatic Sith, so they both work. I just feel that using Malgus--who had a long working relationship with all the player classes thanks to flashpoint missions--would've made more sense than a guy who's worked with the agent or bounty hunter precisely once, on Makeb. Marr's reaction to the Emperor's Wrath telling him his fleet's full of traitors is reasonable. Marr doing the same thing for some Randolorian Bounty Hunter who's working pro-bono and calling from a known pirate nest is... a bit less so.

Marr still works, and he's still the second best Sith (after Vowrawn). I'm probably just still salty that Malgus went out like a whiny chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Marr still works, and he's still the second best Sith (after Vowrawn). I'm probably just still salty that Malgus went out like a whiny chump.

Eh. He saw his chance, he made his move, and he quite possibly might have gotten away with it if he hadn't immediately positioned himself as the top priority threat to both the Empire and the Republic.

I'm not sure if the Republic side Ilum arc is a spoiler, but if Malgus hadn't done what he did in the final cutscene, the Republic might very well have decided to leave him alone for the time being, and he could have snapped up a significant chunk of the Empire with little effort.

But he just had to be an rear end in a top hat about it and declare war on both sides simultaneously. He had a good plan and good resources, but as usual for plans made by Sith the biggest glaring flaw in the plan was, well, Sith being Sith.

• Locked thread