Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ross Angeles posted:

All four AFC West teams were/are playing at different timeslots on the same day. Has that ever happened before? KC at 6:30am, SD at 10am, Oakland at 1pm, and Denver at 5:30pm

Probably not since the 6:30 am game is a new thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Well, uh, divisional game and all, and the Vikings did eventually win, but Teddy certainly hasn't picked up where he left off last season. Also, gently caress yes Marcus Sherels punt return TD! Hometown boy does good.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus Drew :stare:

Also, is it bad that I wanted a final score to be 3 - 2 after seeing the beginning of Rams/9ers?

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

This is beautiful. I want to hang an oil paining of this in my living room.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Preliminary reports on Le'Veon Bell is not an acl tear

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

quote:

Despite throwing for 350 yards and 6 TDs, Giants QB Eli Manning and his club still couldn't pull out a win vs. the Saints, losing 52-49. According to Elias, Manning is the 1st QB in NFL history with 6 pass TDs and 0 interceptions in a loss.

Giants football baby. The season now hinges on whether or not a guy with one and a half hands can do literally anything positive on a football field, which would be better than every other player in the Giant front 7.

Also can't wait to see PFF give Eli another negative grade for this week.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Vikings will go as far as Teddy's consistency takes them. Frustrating to watch given how he ended last year but I won't be fully concerned until we get later the season and it's still going on. I think it's important to remember they are basically in year 2 of a rebuild and are stacked with potential but still have to develop it. Even the defense, which is playing at a high level, has room to grow. It's exciting because the team is setting up to be great next year but frustrating because there is still work to be done this year, mainly with the offense.

Still, Stefon Diggs owns.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Well, uh, divisional game and all, and the Vikings did eventually win, but Teddy certainly hasn't picked up where he left off last season. Also, gently caress yes Marcus Sherels punt return TD! Hometown boy does good.

No he hasn't and it's frustrating as all hell but poo poo we're 5-2 and the team has a ton of potential, I'll take it. It's the quietest 5-2 as well because nobody really knows.

That overthrow of the wide open Wallace was rage inducing

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It's quiet in part because they've only really played garbage teams. Outside of the Bears game at home, there aren't any other easy match ups coming up. I expect they'll be the underdog in most all of those games unless they really put drubbing on a few of them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Last 2 weeks for the 49ers

First downs: 19
Punts: 19

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
Went to the game today and saw the best jersey paired with the best beer. This is my memorial to Steve Smith. :rip:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
RE: Vontaze Burfict. He owns.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Chiefs won! Amazing! They vastly outplayed an inferior team, as is the right of all teams that are supposed to be good. Current prediction. 5-11, 7th overall pick, shiny new Jared Goff.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Todd Gurley is a really good loving football player and literally the only player on the Rams offense I don't hate with a firey passion.

EDIT: Tavon Austin is pretty okay sometimes as well.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs won! Amazing! They vastly outplayed an inferior team, as is the right of all teams that are supposed to be good. Current prediction. 5-11, 7th overall pick, shiny new Jared Goff.
You ain't gettin' Goff at 7.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

DariusLikewise posted:

Todd Gurley is a really good loving football player and literally the only player on the Rams offense I don't hate with a firey passion.

EDIT: Tavon Austin is pretty okay sometimes as well.

Gurley is so good that he makes me wish I cared about football like I used to

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

You ain't gettin' Goff at 7.

I've been trying to think of which bad teams ahead of us will take a QB. Houston and who else? I'm not sure San Fran will.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

I've been trying to think of which bad teams ahead of us will take a QB. Houston and who else? I'm not sure San Fran will.

Kaep regressed quicker than RG3

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Chicago

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I watched the game with my Steelers friend at a sports bar that ended up being full of Steelers fans. They were not nice. Then "The loving Bengals" won. It was the greatest feeling in the world.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Mets sucking sort of takes the burn off the Giants sucking, but god drat how do you blow that game. gently caress.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

davecrazy posted:

The Mets sucking sort of takes the burn off the Giants sucking, but god drat how do you blow that game. gently caress.

Nobody in that game had any defense, so last person with the football wins.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

What is this weird emotion I'm feeling? Is it...pride? Is this what they call being happy? About winning?

Go Raiders :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raiders are the feelgood story of the year :unsmith:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

bigmcgaffney posted:

Kaep regressed quicker than RG3

Yeah but they have so many holes. Do they really think they can take a QB when they can barely get a defense?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

What is this weird emotion I'm feeling? Is it...pride? Is this what they call being happy? About winning?

Go Raiders :unsmith:

I rooting for you guys. This is probably a curse and I'm sorry.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The reason the Jets were 4-2 is that Geno Smith wasn't the QB and if ends up having to play any extended period of time, we're done.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Jets came out flat and looked like they'd given up by the start of the 2nd quarter. They've now lost about 5 starters to injury in the past 2 weeks, starting qb Fitzpatrick included. I won't pin this loss on injuries though. The Jets defense was garbage today. They didn't force a single punt until the 4th quarter. Nobody on the entire team could tackle for poo poo, and most of the secondary just refused to cover receivers. The defensive line got barely any pressure all game, though when they did it provided the only form of pass defense the Jets could muster. LB Demario Davis got lost and/or missed tackles on several plays. The only defensive players I wouldn't give poo poo for today's embarrassment are Wilkerson and Harris. They played good football, they were always where they needed to be and actually tackled people.

On the offensive side, I actually don't blame the players too much. Geno came in and played well for a guy who missed the first month of the season and was given absolutely no preparation for today's game. Instead, I'll blame the coaching. They played ultraconservative football and completely hosed any possibility for Geno to make a comeback by holding him back for the first couple drives and refusing to go for it on 4th downs (especially damning considering how the defense was playing). They completely misused Ivory, trying to force him the ball when there was no time for runs, or trying to run by loading up the line with lovely linemen, leaving Ivory no room to actually run.

Also fire the special teams coordinator already. Zac Stacy is still somehow our kick returner, despite him having no speed or ability to stay on his feet. There were 4-5 perfectly returnable kickoffs today that the Jets couldn't take a chance on because Stacy is garbage. Maybe put in our speedy rookie Devin Smith since you won't even let him crack the lineup anymore for Kenbrell loving Thompkins.

The Raiders played well, and I don't mean to take anything away from them when I say the Jets played way below their ability today. I'd be happy for the Raiders return to relvancy if it didn't come at the cost of the Jets losing a big wildcard tiebreaker as a result.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

didn't watch the bear game, congrats for keeping it that close

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Your 3 time NFC South champions, the Carolina Panthers and Cams smug loving face.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Silly Burrito posted:

Breaky, your Cobra Kai avatar needs to be updated. :)

He swept the leg.

Hmmmmm... Might consider it.

ulmont posted:

Seriously. Your offense puts up 49 and you lose? WTF? I'm still not convinced Rob Ryan shouldn't be fired after that game...

I've never watched a game that cool that I was so entirely pissed off at during the entirety of. Seriously I hope Rob Ryan and Brandon Browner are never allowed to wear the uniform again. Jason David at least just sucked and got burned. Browner manages to do that and rack up drive-saving penalties for the other team at the same time. It's like he's a loving sleeper agent from ATL or something.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Seattle Seahawks blew a fourth quarter lead and won, hurray :toot:

I just cannot understand why the offense can only look good for 1 or 2 drives a game. When they're on, they're really on (before the red zone), and when they're off, they're the worst offense in the league.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Bucs could be pretty dang good I think if they could fix their secondary. Unfortunately, it is Extremely Mega Trash

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Remember that time at the start of this season, it was looking like the Bills' QB lineup was Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel?

That's what you call walking a loving tightrope.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I remember when it was said Cassel can't be worse than Weeden.

Lmao Cassel fooled another city.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Offense is still trash, but at least we won. Ehhh

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Derek Carr: 23-36, 333 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs vs. Jets Defense.

edit: 0 sacks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Remember that time at the start of this season, it was looking like the Bills' QB lineup was Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel?

That's what you call walking a loving tightrope.

The Jets' QB lineup would be better if it were this because at least 2 of the QBs there are healthy currently

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Chilichimp posted:

Your 3 time NFC South champions, the Carolina Panthers and Cams smug loving face.

That isn't smugness, it's goofy joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The Jets' QB lineup would be better if it were this because at least 2 of the QBs there are healthy currently

Like, I enjoyed the Raiders winning, but even I was :magical:ing when I realized they were putting Fitz back in.

• Locked thread