Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Oh boy, here we go.

Kevin posted:

I've been getting hate mail! . . . and it is AWESOME. O_O A lot of people have been visiting from a message board on 4chan and writing to tell me how much they hate my comic and my taste in music. My favorite one was simply signed "from a real girl." Real girls? LOL, what are those? Can I draw them? But what they don't know is that getting all of this hate mail actually makes me very excited, and I shall explain why tomorrow. In the meantime, having my comics posted on 4chan has been getting me a BUTT LOAD of new readers each day, so I really should be thanking them for doing it.

Also, not everyone who's written in has sent hate mail. Many others have sent incredibly polite messages, simply wanting me to listen to an indie band called Neutral Milk Hotel. (they must have posted my comics in the middle of a thread about them or something). And since those people were kind, I will happily give the band a listen over these next few days. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think of them! And in the meantime, welcome to all the new readers who have decided to stay and enjoy comics with us!

Kevin posted:

It's amazing how much your attitude can change in just one day. Yesterday I was kinda excited about getting some hate mail, because I knew I'd enjoy making jokes and comics about it. But now it's gotten to the level where it's actually hindering work. There's no way I'm ever going to stop doing comics, but this is certainly going to make the experience much worse for everyone in the meantime.

Oh and by the way, I won't be posting anything on 4chan, so anyone claiming to be me is a fake. I know it's probably going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

I thought the heathen there was in a cute pleated skirt, but, alas, it was not to be. Just regular non-crossdressing sin. :(

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
More Bears for the new page!

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

this is a bad webcomic.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sometimes it really sounds like Chick is writing a fetish comic, too.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ratchu posted:

this is a bad webcomic.

You should go work in the department of redundancy department.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
new otter comic

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Franz von Dada posted:

Oh boy, here we go.

i read it all

let there be rock

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

corn in the bible posted:

new otter comic

That snowman straight-up wants to commit suicide, and really, who can blame him?

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Franz von Dada posted:

Oh boy, here we go.

lol guys at least read the opening part where he's complaining that all his stupid, cliched, sexist opinions are getting ragged on by 4chan of all places :qq: if even 4chan thinks you're sexist then u hosed up big time

monsterkind and harkovast are both on hiatus, this sucks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

new otter comic

I like this snowman's :unsmith: face.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Sometimes it really sounds like Chick is writing a fetish comic, too.

It's not fetish, it's delusional to the level of Oren Otter or Sonichu. He lives in a magical world where the devil and all his angels are prancing about, literally murdering people. Where every other organised religion is manufactured by satan through the catholic church, and they're all nazis worshipping moon devils who give them legit magic powers. An "atheist" is someone who has never heard of this Jesus person and is gullible enough to swallow Jack Chick's exact brand of Christianity in two minutes flat without question. Where people who hear the true word of Jesus never doubt or sin again.

Wait no, it's worse. I don't think Chris-Chan or Oren Otter dude claim that their comics represent actual, physical reality.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

scalded schlong posted:

(also found this, which confuses me)

Prince Untouchable and Peanut Untouchable together in one feature film?!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gonna do something really weird here and say something complimentary about Chick: his lettering, back in those really old tracts where it was very obviously done by hand, is pretty good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm Always Right takes another turn for the incomprehensible.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME
Since Harkovast is gone, I'll start posting something to fill the void left in our souls.

Let's read Penny and Aggie! It starts off fun, lighthearted and relaxing, like a theme park!

Then it slowly becomes terrible, like a theme park that no-one can ever leave.

The first few have already been posted, so the first few posts are going to be catching up.

CURRENT LESBIAN COUNT: NIL

Updates will be frequent until I do something stupid like leave the house or fall asleep and the thread runs six pages away.

Murderion fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 11, 2014

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cats do not actually care for the taste of strawberries, given that they're carnivores and don't even have tastebuds for sugar.

Now if her nail polish tasted like tuna...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cat Mattress posted:

Cats do not actually care for the taste of strawberries, given that they're carnivores and don't even have tastebuds for sugar.

Now if her nail polish tasted like tuna...

Xir is a transherbivore.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ah, high school! Where the skirts are barely crotch-high no one cares if you wear a mid-drift!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why is aggie such a little poo poo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
People who care enough about cats to put them in their webcomics are too crazy to care about facts though.

Real people have dogs. :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

scalded schlong posted:

why is aggie such a little poo poo

Oh, we'll find out soon, don't you fret :unsmigghh:

The wage slave market is competitive!

CURRENT LESBIAN COUNT: NIL.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Evil actually does snap and try to kill the others later on

Heh, we both know what the key word in that sentence is.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Das Boo posted:

Ah, high school! Where the skirts are barely crotch-high no one cares if you wear a mid-drift!

nobody can wear one of those because the word is "midriff" and it's a body region you dingus

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

nobody can wear one of those because the word is "midriff" and it's a body region you dingus

Related: the mid-'00s were a good time to be a teenage boy

In keeping with the "all welcome" theme, the "indie" section is accepting of both good and lovely webcomics. An Ideologically Consistent Cartoon.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol @ webcomics attempting to be considered part of the "comics industry"

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

NOW YOU MUST DEAL WITH THE CREATION OF ALL THE UNPLEASANTRIES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS I FEEL THE INJECTION FROM THE GODS ABOVE!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

"Man dies premature death after life of abuse in a company marketing poo poo to children. What an aspirational story!"
-Zen Pencils, 2014

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

scalded schlong posted:

lol @ webcomics attempting to be considered part of the "comics industry"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
gee, thanks for taking me to wrestlemania, dad! my favorite part was when ultimate warrior yelled "fags and muslims out of america" for eleven minutes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
They don't hire women for their wrestling ability in the WWE, just saying.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sport where almost naked muscular men are hugging each other before throwing each other on the ground trying to figure out who gets on top doesn't care much about women, film at eleven.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Randler posted:

Sport where almost naked muscular men are hugging each other before throwing each other on the ground trying to figure out who gets on top doesn't care much about women, film at eleven.

:razz:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Realtalk for a sec: Has ZP guy ever made a comic (outside of the #Haters two-parter) that's not based on something that someone else said?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Regalingualius posted:

Realtalk for a sec: Has ZP guy ever made a comic (outside of the #Haters two-parter) that's not based on something that someone else said?

it's supposed to be an inspirational quote series

zp is really loving stupid

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It would be a fairly inspirational quote if it wasn't by Ultimate Warrior and about wrestling.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
it's really funny how his entire claim to fame is shifting through wikiquote.org to find words to imbue his trite feel-good motivational comics with some authority. say what you want about webcomic authors, but at least they create instead of curate other people's thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They don't hire women for their wrestling ability in the WWE, just saying.

Even when they do get good ones, they're still buried under Divas' crap writing. NXT's women's matches are better as they focus more on skill than drama.

• Locked thread