Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Here’s the issue, AA couldn’t have performed the night kill on IS and also realized I was untargetable. He announced that to the thread before the be we revealed the masonry fuckery. That means he actually targeted me.

Two scum at this point is super unlikely, because that would put us at 5 scum & 2 3p to start, making it 10 vs 7 for town. With the first day body count, that could have ended the game after N1.

So I think we’re looking at only scum left.

I was thinking that maybe AA tried to NK me and failed, and that IS has targeted him to swap roles with someone to confirm his cop, but that’s not possible I don’t think.

So:
-E+ confirmed town
-Couldn’t have been AA performing the NK because he was targeting me
-Squigg was creating the masonry, couldn’t have been him

That leaves me, redneck, and SiV.

I know I was visiting myself to recharge a dayvig, which I handed out to E+ beginning of day.

Of the two remaining folks, I’d go with redneck over SiV.

##vote Redneck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince here, the rest of the game or yourself.

Here's the main difference between Quid and I: Quid is insisting he's cleared by targeting himself, even though there's no proof that targeting himself and giving out dayvigs is connected. He is desperate to try to avoid dying at this point, even so far as to start voting for a claimed cop.

I've been entirely forthright in saying that my actions haven't cleared anything. I'm fine with dying at this point because aside from a silly mind control use, I don't have any role or power that will actually benefit anyone.

One of these playstyles is inherently more dangerous and worse than the other.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I so give no shits that if we decide to go with AA I will happily be the hammer.

I’m just insulted that you’re trying to push suspicion on me when I’ve supported town all game, and have shown my work. :colbert:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just don’t see a town motivation for you outing this plan of yours, redneck.

Let’s say for a moment we’re both town, and you’re like “it has to be quid, I got him!” Scum are gonna withhold the kill tomorrow to frame me, period, because it makes a slam dunk case for them.

So why in the world did you announce this plan of making me self-target myself to the thread? If I was scum, you would have gotten me, and I would have died. If we’re both town, you just walked yourself into scum pulling the wool over your eyes by manipulating the results through withholding the kill.

Why is this the way you played it? What was your thought process in laying it out explicitly?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

redneck nazgul posted:

Here's the main difference between Quid and I: Quid is insisting he's cleared by targeting himself, even though there's no proof that targeting himself and giving out dayvigs is connected. He is desperate to try to avoid dying at this point, even so far as to start voting for a claimed cop.

If you're saying we have no proof that the dayvigs are his doing, that's actually not true.

When I targeted him n1, I was told that he self targeted, but I was also told what the action actually was. I'm not going to quote it directly, because it was mod communication and that's usually verboten, but it was the equivalent of stating he'd gone to his lab. That's why I guessed he was the inventor.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just had a dumb thought.

Yami Fenrir posted:

9. Don't fake day actions.

Squiggly posted:

In return, I will take a soul tomorrow when I ##DEVOUR them. A life for a life. The price will be paid.

What’d you do, Squig? Are you about to eat the game at EOD? :ohdear:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quidthulhu posted:

I just had a dumb thought.

What’d you do, Squig? Are you about to eat the game at EOD? :ohdear:

Quid go check Mason chat we talked about this

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Bad town apathy! Bad!

We're working our way to a no lynch here

I don't like the sudden reversals of redneck and it seems like he's most likely to be the last scum

##vote redneck nazgul

I'm at work this might be the last time I check before deadline

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote redneck

If its quid, I'll drink my coffee

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote redneck

If its quid, I'll drink my coffee

Cthulhu sees your toxx

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Space this is a reminder that I'm not sure what order the night actions go in so be careful!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I wish I had more guns

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If the town actually wins this one, I'll be impressed.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, weirdly, Sal's not showing up in the dead list.

Probably nothing.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm obviously pointing this out as a further part of my scum masterstroke and not as a "Yo, everybody else who's died so far has been added to the graveyard, including the person we shot today, let's think about things" comment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I do think there still exists the possibility of a town faction that gets around the no alignment changing fuckery with wincons that might supercede town victory.

Like you win if this happens as this, but lose as town.

I dont think quids assessment of the OP is concrete

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If that's a genuine concern, then we should get rid of the town/alien person or dunk nobody and trust that the town/alien person is going to magically die tonight.

##unvote

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, don't make me reveal Squiggly's role because it's been explained to me and I'll do it.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

redneck nazgul posted:

If that's a genuine concern, then we should get rid of the town/alien person or dunk nobody and trust that the town/alien person is going to magically die tonight.

##unvote

I'm removing the alien from her and she'll be alien free and alive tomorrow. Why kill her?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

redneck nazgul posted:

Also, don't make me reveal Squiggly's role because it's been explained to me and I'll do it.

Isn't it just the tits?

Cthulhu thinks so

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

redneck nazgul posted:

do it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

redneck nazgul posted:

Yeah, at this point...

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

K, so, Squiggly is The Fibber. If you want to scroll through my posts earlier in the day where I continually used the word 'fib' rather than 'lie', go for it.

He has powers approximating the last claim he made in the thread, so long as his actual role isn't revealed.

I don't know what happens if his actual role is revealed but I'm pretty sure he should be doing something more productive than being Cthulhu.

So, Day 1 he claimed Michael Jackson and redirected everything to Quid (supposedly).

Day 2, he claimed Canada and made the mason group.

Day 3, he's claiming something involving Cthulhu and will kill someone in order to save SiV.

At this point, he's going to kill someone in the thread to "save" someone who currently is questionably town-aligned and may or may not have already infected other people, depending on the order of operations. At no point are we guaranteed that SiV is cured, nor that SiV didn't actually do anything on Night 2 since nobody can account for her action.

So, here we are, firmly in the eternal camp of "Lying to the town in Mafia makes you more town, telling the truth is a scum gambit".

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hmmmmmmmm.

How do you know this, redneck?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Gee, I wonder how I managed to get the information out of the person who designed Squiggly's role who is also now dead. :allears:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a jerk move, since he's been using the role in a pro-town way thus far.

If he just lost his powers, then you just guaranteed my death.

B-'s flip explicitly said that the infected don't change alignments. There are no alignment changes as per the mod. Why the unholy gently caress would I infect more people!?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

redneck nazgul posted:

Gee, I wonder how I managed to get the information out of the person who designed Squiggly's role who is also now dead. :allears:

Oh so you’re actually using deadchat now instead of wholesale ignoring it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To cause confusion and try to stop his own lynch. And to guarantee one more dead townie tomorrow.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh so you’re actually using deadchat now instead of wholesale ignoring it

I've been doing that for the past two days, :ghost: MESSAGES FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE :ghost: didn't tip you off at some point?

spacing in vienna posted:

To cause confusion and try to stop his own lynch. And to guarantee one more dead townie tomorrow.

We'd have a dead person regardless of whether or not he did something, on account of the role he submitted.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yes but you haven't loving bothered to check deadchat for info until now, except in vague "Lynch squiggly, dead people said so" ways.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for killing me, rear end in a top hat. Hopefully this ends the game.

##vote redneck

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
redneck nazgul, Town-Aligned Medium was executed Day 3.

quote:

You are the Medium.

The Medium has access to the Ghostdoc while still alive. You may talk to the dead at any time

It is now Night 3.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

drat yami fast 😳

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

redneck nazgul (4): Squiggly, Squiggly, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Squiggly, Anomalous Amalgam, spacing in vienna
Epsilon Plus (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, redneck nazgul, redneck nazgul, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (0): redneck nazgul, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, redneck nazgul
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (2): Epsilon Plus, redneck nazgul

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 26th, 2019 at 7 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 17 minutes.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:ghost:

:downsbravo:

:ghost:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Nobody died Night 3.

---

It is now Day 4.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My action failed

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope