Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For all Vince's attempts to break out of wrestling into the realm of more respected businesses...I wish he had.
If Vince did something the mass media gave a poo poo about the media outcry would be that much louder right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the real test of how seriously TKO is taking this is if brock faces any punishment since he's the most obvious person implicated in the lawsuit

if nothing happens it's pretty damning

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

For all Vince's attempts to break out of wrestling into the realm of more respected businesses...I wish he had.
If Vince did something the mass media gave a poo poo about the media outcry would be that much louder right now.

Imagine the XFL was a beloved national franchise with NFL offseason reach.

He'd be on a cross by now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently talent have been told to not talk about what's happened and to instead talk about the Royal Rumble event. I guess she was trying to turn the conversation back towards that topic after a direct question about it affecting talent.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Ivypls posted:

now do the rest of wwe's execs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since there is a lot of confusion as to who is who in the lawsuit, here is a quick breakdown.

The three named parties in the lawsuit are Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis and WWE.

"WWE Superstar" was reported to be Brock Lesnar in the WSJ.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 1" is described:

quote:

At all times relevant, “WWE Corporate Officer No. 1” was a high-ranking
employee and Board member at WWE during Ms. Grant’s employment with WWE. WWE
Corporate Officer No. 1 continued to work in high-ranking positions in connection with the
September 12, 2023, merger. This individual is referred to herein as “WWE Corporate Officer
No. 1.”

https://frontofficesports.com/wwe-nick-khan-brad-blum-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-suit reports this is Nick Khan.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 2" is a high ranking employee but not a board member.

quote:

At all times relevant, “WWE Corporate Officer No. 2” was a high-ranking
employee at WWE who made hiring decisions, conducted prospective employee interviews, and
maintained significant control over personnel decisions. WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 worked
in these capacities during Ms. Grant’s employment with WWE. This individual is referred to
herein as “WWE Corporate Officer No. 2.”

It is reported to be COO Brad Blum.. They are more closely involved than No. 1, handle her hiring, inform Vince of the rumors swirling about the two in 2020, and informs her she will now be reporting to Johnny Ace.

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 3"

quote:

At all times relevant, “WWE Corporate Officer No. 3” was a high-ranking
employee and/or Board member during Ms. Grant’s employment with WWE. This individual is
referred to herein as “WWE Corporate Officer No. 3.”

This is reported to be Stephanie McMahon. This one is trickier because it is someone who appears to be both a board member and an employee, but was not always both. Others have read it as someone who was either or, but I don't think they would be described this way. Stephanie McMahon was a board member the entire period, but was not an employee the entire time as she resigned from the company in May 2022. Frank Riddick became interim CFO for a period and was on the board. They know about the relationship but are not involved in anything nefarious. They come up because they see the victim in a board meeting and invite her to sit near them. Riddick is mentioned by name elsewhere in the document which seems odd if it is him. (He's not mentioned for nefarious reasons just that he's taking over as CFO.)

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 4"

quote:

At all times relevant, “WWE Corporate Officer No. 4” was a high-ranking
employee at WWE who worked with legal affairs at the company. WWE Corporate Officer No.
4 held that position from the time of Ms. Grant’s initial employment with WWE until sometime
in 2020. This individual is referred to herein as “WWE Corporate Officer No. 4.”

This officer is ordered by Vince to hire the victim. and is hostile to her. They were fired in November of 2020. This seems to best match Brian Nurse.

"WWE Employee No. 1" is different from corporate officer No. 1. They are described as

quote:

McMahon informed Ms. Grant that her new
boss, a WWE employee who worked in risk and government relations (referred to herein as “WWE
Employee No. 1”), was a decades-long family friend and confidante, similar in age to McMahon
and one of a small, original group (what McMahon called the “titan family”) who helped the WWE
expand from a regional promotion to a global juggernaut.

quote:

WWE Employee No. 1 was the most
feared figure in the company because WWE Employee No. 1 usually fired employees. Beyond
that, he offered little detail about WWE Employee No. 1’s role at WWE. Instead, he focused on
WWE Employee No. 1’s personal traumas, explaining that similar to Ms. Grant, WWE Employee
No. 1 has no family left after WWE Employee No. 1's spouse passed away and that the McMahons
and WWE were WWE Employee No. 1’s surrogate family.

WWE Employee 1 was nice to her and knew what was going on but rarely in the office which led to her getting projects from. He is speculated to be Rich Hering.

"WWE Employee No. 2"

quote:

As WWE Employee No. 1 was seldom in the office and required little
administrative support, Ms. Grant reported indirectly to another WWE employee within the legal
department (referred to herein as “WWE Employee No. 2”), who provided her with occasional
projects related to Talent appearances and XFL that helped fill Ms. Grant’s time.

This is their only mention. Two Human Resources Employees (No. 1 and No. 2) also receive brief mentions.

"Celebrity Doctor"

quote:

However, on November 20, 2019, McMahon insisted that Ms. Grant see a physician
of his choosing. This physician is referred to herein as “Celebrity Doctor” and the facility that
Celebrity Doctor operated from is referred to herein as “Alternative Clinic.”

She is pressured to see Celebrity Doctor who even notes she is unable to make eye contact during visits.

quote:

At the outset of her care with Celebrity Doctor, each session lasted up to one hour.
Ms. Grant would leave feeling exhausted from Celebrity Doctor’s deep dives into her personal and
work life as “a coach” focused on behavioral science

"Physical Therapist"

quote:

In May 2020, McMahon had recruited an individual whom he manipulatively
referred to as his “friend” to engage in a “threesome” with McMahon and Ms. Grant. The “friend”
turned out to be McMahon’s physical therapist at Alternative Clinic and is referred to herein as
“Physical Therapist.”

quote:

On the day of the threesome on May 9, 2020, Ms. Grant showed up to the condo
but reiterated that she did not want to go through with the act. She expressed fear of being thrown
around like a “rag doll” by McMahon and Physical Therapist. After Ms. Grant clearly stated she
wanted to back out, McMahon responded by telling Ms. Grant for the first time that he loved her,
stunning her into silence.

This is the incident that involves feces

"WWE Referee"

quote:

On March 26, 2020, McMahon sent a lengthy message to Ms. Grant describing in
detail the circumstances surrounding sharing explicit photographs of Ms. Grant to a former WWE
referee (referred to herein as “WWE Referee”). McMahon described how WWE Referee left to
masturbate and told Ms. Grant she had made a perfect stranger very happy.

It is unclear if this referee was a former referee when Vince did this or left WWE later. There is at least one referee who was let go in the COVID releases. There is also a forer referee who works in the office now.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 11, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:shepface:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 3"

This could be either Stephanie McMahon or Frank Riddick III. This one is trickier because it is someone who appears to be both a board member and an employee, but was not always both. Others have read it as someone who was either or, but I don't think they would be described this way. Stephanie McMahon was a board member the entire period, but was not an employee the entire time as she resigned from the company in May 2022. Frank Riddick became interim CFO for a period and was on the board. They know about the relationship but are not involved in anything nefarious. They come up because they see the victim in a board meeting and invite her to sit near them. Riddick is mentioned by name elsewhere in the document which seems odd if it is him. (He's not mentioned for nefarious reasons just that he's taking over as CFO.)
to be specific, stephanie is mentioned under items 28 & 29, riddick is mentioned under item 122

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Apparently talent have been told to not talk about what's happened and to instead talk about the Royal Rumble event. I guess she was trying to turn the conversation back towards that topic after a direct question about it affecting talent.

imo theres times when you listen to a company directive and times where you tell the company to eat poo poo and dare them to fire you in retaliation. this is the latter.

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
https://x.com/gabu_moon/status/1751066247356125389?s=20

Absolute dumbfuck.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I do not like Ryan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Coaaab posted:

to be specific, stephanie is mentioned under items 28 & 29, riddick is mentioned under item 122

That is interesting I hadn't noticed Stephanie's name! Either way this person seems like they weren't being evil.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
They chopped Vince's head and are hoping and praying that satiates the public while the entire network of cover up artists, rapists, and sexual harassers Vince cultivated around him for decades goes unnoticed.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

average wwe fan right now tbh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If stephanie has any shred of humanity she would divorce from paul immediately

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

immense "If" at this point

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I'm seriously considering cutting ties with a close friend right now because his only reaction to all of this is to joke about it. Nothing matters to the average WWE fan.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Eva Braun needs to ditch that clown

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
With as insulated as he was and with as quickly as he left, they absolutely threatened to come out with more. Ms Grant isn't nearly the only person they know about.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

If I'm remembering correctly this is being filed in California. Currently the suit is only allegations from one party against another and will probably remain that way until there is a settlement or discovery happens. During discovery if something like what happened during the quattrone discovery occurs then it will dramatically and negatively affect the verdict of the jury which recommend the financial penalties in cases like this.

With how fast and loose Vince was with his abuse it's basically guaranteed that somewhere in the wwe/tko files that have to be maintained for sec reasons there is at least one quattrone level incriminating communication that matches one in the complaint. I'm sure you can imagine the level of chickens with their heads cut off scrambling happening right now trying to figure out exactly how exposed the company is to Vince's actions and how large a settlement they need to offer to prevent discovery.

Regardless, this settlement will be large enough that they will have to report it in their financials which will then be a causus belli for shareholder suits that will also need to be settled because if the evidence is there that executives and the board knew but turned a blind eye or helped conceal it then it's a clear failure of fiduciary duty and probably securities fraud.

So given today's events, it's clear that TKO is wanting to settle as quickly as possible and get their name out of the headlines. Assuming that the victim is also willing to settle, what's the dollar amount that would trigger having to report the settlement in their figures and risk the shareholder suit? I could see the victim wanting to be done with all of this, but shareholders are only going to rival goons in wanting their pound of flesh.

Also, how does filing in CT vs. CA affect what you had previously stated?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

"WWE Corporate Officer No. 4"

This officer is ordered by Vince to hire the victim. and is hostile to her. They were fired in November of 2020. This matches Mark Kowal.

Wouldn't this match Brian Nurse better since he was in legal and released in November 2020 as the lawsuit explicitly states?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/two-more-executives-gone-from-wwe/ (I don't have PWI and I'll admit I'm honestly not sure how accurate 411 Mania is. But it's based on WWE's corporate disclosure.)

And if the link is correct, it's especially damning that Brian reported directly to Vince.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 27, 2024

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It seems pretty obvious that HHH was Corporate #1 and actively knew everything that happened and helped in the coverup and he's going to get away with it scot free because the fans are so desperate to defend the guy who books better than Vince

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Here is the massive write-up Dave did in the observer regarding this story. It's thorough so be warned.

Also, I forgot to ask - is this worth reading? I started it but stopped when he referred to Grant as Vince's "mistress".

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

Also, I forgot to ask - is this worth reading? I started it but stopped when he referred to Grant as Vince's "mistress".

Yeah, that was a real swing and a loving miss from Dave and I also started to tune out there. Not like I haven’t read enough elsewhere already.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
This whole thing has aggravated me so badly I'm beyond words. Toxic all the way to the core, all of it.

I'm beyond certain Paul at least knew and that he's exec no.1

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1751080352888610955?s=20

Hopefully Corporate Officer Number 1 is sweating right now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I'm seriously considering cutting ties with a close friend right now because his only reaction to all of this is to joke about it. Nothing matters to the average WWE fan.

Local sports station talked about the news, and none of this is funny but I did have an extremely dark lol about how their demeanor changed as the story continued. At the very beginning they were trying to find some yucks where they could, but by the end of it the whole tone was extremely somber.

I think people need to read the whole story. They have to in order for it to fully understand just how reprehensible it all was.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when they're all gone.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

Drakkel posted:

It seems pretty obvious that HHH was Corporate #1 and actively knew everything that happened and helped in the coverup and he's going to get away with it scot free because the fans are so desperate to defend the guy who books better than Vince

The heartbreaking part for me is that even if I quit watching WWE years ago because of dumb story bullshit, I really had high hopes that Paul would right the ship, but if he's been implicated, he needs to gently caress off too.

Because if the only thing defending Paul is that he books better than Vince, I got breaking news for the drones: a blind monkey could write a better show than Vince in between bouts of walking into walls.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when they're all gone.

Same. I want so badly to be optimistic, but alas.

It would be so refreshing for Khan to gut the entire crew. I don’t know from a capitalistic business man perspective if it makes more sense to do it before the rumble or get through the weekend. The moralistic answer is obvious, of course, but money is going to be their bottom line.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is going to somehow end with dan ryckert running the company

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ganso Bomb posted:

It would be so refreshing for Khan to gut the entire crew. I don’t know from a capitalistic business man perspective if it makes more sense to do it before the rumble or get through the weekend. The moralistic answer is obvious, of course, but money is going to be their bottom line.
I would love to be in the room when paul pleads for his company position

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

JUNGLE BOY posted:

average wwe fan right now tbh

What we are seeing here is the push and pull between abstraction detachment/Dunbar's Number vs empathy with a slice of tragedy of the masses in the mix.

Can people sever themselves from something important to them knowing that nobody is helped from the gesture and the only person it will ultimately hurt is themselves.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
"anyone close to Vince" is just about everybody at that stinking place.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
I predicted years ago on the F4W board that Dwayne would end up president with Heyman running creative (I figured that he was hanging around waiting for Vince to die). Things might be falling into place.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

As long as Netflix is satisfied, id put money on them just axing Vince, settling with Ms Grant and all the other women they know about, *maybe* making a sizable donation to a charity like RAINN for good PR, and then hoping we forget about it.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 27, 2024

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

yeah, I tend to agree with you. And problem is, it will probably work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And Vince is gone now.