Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
It'll be interesting to see where that goes. Should Morton take two energy bursts to the head from his fellow topseekers, here is one of his two potential replacements:

Name - Nigella
Race - Human
Class - Gastronomancer
Health - 22 (http://orokos.com/roll/263243)
Armor - 15 (http://orokos.com/roll/263245)
Accuracy - +1
Skills -

Tutoring
Nosjuration - Most of what makes food taste good doesn't come from the taste at all. Rather, it's all about the odour. Nigella is a practicioner of nosjuration, the art of enhancing one's sense of smell by magical means.
Gastronomancy

Abilities -

Enchanted Skillet - Like a wand that doubles as a melee weapon.
Grimoire of Forbidden Delights - A cook/spellbook hybrid with detailed recipes/invocations/recivocations and instructions on how to cook and prepare almost anything.
Apply Heat - From scallops to red dragon mince, everything has an optimum temperature at which you're supposed to cook it.

Talent - #Team Nigella

Haughty Frenchmen beware-- Nigella has -almost- mastered the ultimate gastronomancer spell! Upon successfully activating her talent all Topseekers present on the current floor, even those who have already taken their turn, may supply a 'concept' as an ingredient. Nigella will combine these into a fabulous dish that she will portion out amongst her friends.

Motto - "I lurch from chaos to chaos. I can’t find my driving licence and my clothes are everywhere – cooking is the neatest thing I do".
AI Action - If it's not friendly, kill it, cook it, eat it.
Mystery - simple, Britain, cook, simply, chef, turkey, kitchen shears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
(Keepin’ this moving along!)

-Wave One-
Having taken their items, Nicodemus (delightedly shooting mock arrows at the broken panes of glass with his wrist-bow), Whatever (trying and failing to prevent herself from squealing with glee as her cat frowned and hisses at its new costume) and Longwei (who gingerly, gingerly took the dangerous item from the box) withdrew to allow the others to crowd in with their demands.

---
The Word opened its containment enclosure to allow full access to its lifeforce. With a practised swish and flick, the Bargainer drew a tendril of ichor from him and into a sealed box (The Word takes 60 damage). Producing two empty boxes, she also collected his Fruit of Wild Luck and Drainfruit, sealing them both in boxes marked 5. She then directs him to his box with an open palm. Within is a heavy, shimmering scale mottled with splashes of golden metal. “Behold, a Moon Serpent Scute. It will keep you safe, but cannot be given up or bartered. You have paid the price, and this is our bargain fulfilled.” (The Moon Serpent Scute grants 3 Damage Resistance and +7 AC, but will vanish if death claims you. Lets hope it keeps you safe!)

---
Valthax was not to be outdone, offering up his life-filling for power, as was his destiny and prerogative. The Bargainer dealt with him the same as the other high roller - a steaming stream of apple-rhubarb wafted through the air to vanish into a sealed box (Valthax takes 60 damage). She leads him to it, still keeping time to her rhythm as she walked him over. Within the box was an exqusitely scalloped pie tin seemingly pressed from a single piece of green stone. The inner surface was etched with a hungry mouth and eldritch symbols. “Behold, the Angstoneware Dish. It will keep your insides in, Pie Lord. You have paid the price, and this is our bargain fulfilled.” (The Angstoneware Dish grants 5 Damage Resistance and +5 AC, but will vanish if death claims you.) Valthax could hardly contain his hungry greed, and spontaneously manifested a delicious pie with his wild magics. (You made a delicious pie! +5 HP to you or an ally. Let’s be real, you’re going to eat it and not share!)

---
Whatever wanted in on this, whatever it was. All these guys were getting cool stuff, so she figured she’d try to call this lady’s bluff. When the Bargainer smiled and nodded at her request and beckoned her over, she just about fell over. She fairly ran her way over to the box, offering her blood as she went (Whatever takes 25 damage). She jerked her thumb at Roscoe’s stony corpse with a curious tilt of the head. “No, it is drained of value. Perhaps I will add it to my collection, anyhow.”

Whatever shrugged. She peeked inside the box, eager to upgrade her so-last-season Arcanomatrix terminal.
(Shopping! Such fun!)
  • IMatrix - Looks like your terminal, but waaay better. It’s all sleek and glassy and it’s got all kinds of weird functions. Looks user friendly!
    → Reroll failed Blogging rolls, and send messages to anyone that you know, anywhere!
  • Faerlite Lightshaper - Totally weird looking! It looks like it clips to your shirt and then there’s these two rings you wear on either hand and then you can make pictures and stuff in the air. Pretty cool, you guess.
    → +1 Accuracy, and grants you an “Illusion” type Skill
  • Umbrarcanix - Looks like a plain black cube. Every once in a while, fiercely red runes appear on the sides of it, and a solid-looking smoky cloud pours from one of the faces. Uh, okay.
    → +1 Accuracy. Taps into the Dark Arcanomatrix network, granting you hidden information about a target you hit with Emomancy and allowing backdoor access to magitek like golems and machinery.

---
Chauncey was having a tough time of it. Many of his allies had passed on, and frankly the betrayal and dealings of his current companions was getting to be too much. This was more like it, however - bargaining one's life with a beautiful woman? That was more in his wheelhouse, wot wot.

First, he traded in his mostly worthless, used knick knacks - the Shaman’s Bow and Arrow, and the Shaman’s Staff, both worth 5, apparently - for something a little more... Adventurous?
  • Foglemur Talon- The mummified claws of some massive primate, bolted cunningly into some mechanical contraption! A simple press of a button sends it shooting out to strike at foes, to draw them nearer or to pull yourself to them.
    → +1 Accuracy. Gain "Grappling" type Skill.
  • Unlost Orb - A flawless glassine orb with a curious looking swarm of tiny creatures within. When held in your palm and asked for directions, they luminesce, showing you the way to most anything.
    → Gives you directions to pretty much anything you can ask them for!
  • Liquidas Omnias - Stoppered bronze jar covered in an unfamiliar language. When a character on the jar is pressed and the jar is upended, liquid pours out. Curious!
    → Creates a jar's worth of any liquid. Press again to refill the jar.

Astonishing - an artifact such as this would be priceless in the 'real world', but here it amounted to mere baubles. He'd see what he could get with a real sacrifice. He inclined his head just so, and the Bargainer drew her price from him. (Chauncey takes 25 damage) She left him to a box, placed it in his hands. Within, a necklace of heavy jade beads, like those of a monk - though no monk would wear any half so fine as these. "These are the Fruit of Sangra. They will draw in the suffering around you and convert it to peace. Use them justly - or selfishly, I care not." (The Fruit of Sangra will generate 1d4 HP a turn up to a cap of 30. You can expend any of it to heal yourself or others for that amount as a free action.)

---
Nicodemus takes the Queen in Amber into his hands and turns it over. Seems a simple enough trinket - granting mental control over insects is the merest cantrip, though this one seemed oddly powerful...

---
ALighterPorpoise tried in vain to convince the Bargainer of the superior provenance of his blood: "Sir porpoise, you must understand that many of my clients do not even have blood. It is not the liquid that matters, only the sacrifice inherent in it." Pouting, he decided to try his luck, telling her to surprise him. For a moment, she looked almost... shocked? Regaining her composure, she pointed him to a box tucked beneath several others. "You'll like that one, I promise." He did.
  • Scepter of Royalty- GRACIOUS THAT IS A FANCEH SCEPTAH SO MUCH GOLD AND THE RUBEHS AND THE AURA OF GLOREH!
    → +1 Accuracy. Gain Royal Order Ability - on a good hit, target must obey a non-suicidal order you give them.
  • The Most Beauteous Shield - I SAY! THAT SHIELD IS MAHVELOUS! WHAT IS THAT - SPUN GLAHSS AND GOSSAMAH AND RUBEHS? HOW IS SUCH A THING TO PROTECT YOU?
    → +2 Defense. If hit, the attacker must roll 1d4. On a 1, they must attack a different target, not able to bear damaging the shield. Otherwise, however, take an additional 1d6 damage!
  • Valishnas Egg - A GREAT BLOODEH EGG. GOLDEN, MAYBEH, BUT NO JEWELS OR ANYTHING! ITS MOVING A TRIFLE!
    → It'll hatch when you open the box. What it will give you will depend on how you raise it after that!

---
Rasheek felt uncomfortable with the amulet around her neck, but like a good uncomfortable - the soreness of a well worked muscle. She sent halfhearted thanks winging towards the departed former owners - without their blood she wouldn't be feeling quite so strong now. Still, sacrificing her own blood to this thing was... Problematic. Better to take from her foes, no?

She waved the Bargainer over, gave her specifications and her terms. The latter nodded once, indicated a box as Rasheek's blood took flight (Rasheek takes 25 damage)They walked over together, chatting idly as the others played with their new toys. Within lay a (frankly) damaged looking curved sword made of raw red glass. "This is Riptide, a priceless Flowglass weapon. I say weapon and not sword because its shape is its masters whim given edge - feel free to make it your own. Riptide will draw out the lifeforce of your foes like the tide drags the unwary out to sea - once freed from their forms, it is yours to do with as you wish." (+3 Accuracy - half the damage you deal is given to you as HP. You can store it in the Amulet or add it straight to your pool if you wish. You can change it into any melee weapon as a free action on your turn)

---
The Bargainer made her rounds, making appropriate ‘oohs’ and ‘ahs’ at the Topseekers’ newfound gear. Then she stopped tapping a moment, long enough to make their hearts skip a beat. “So. Will that be all? Or do you wish to contribute to the unvealing of the Great Secret?”

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei
Health: 9
Armor: 15
Accuracy: +1
Skills: Interior decorating, resisting poison, digging + Flying
Abilities: Nature's sting, breath of the Titan Arum, amorphous algae assault
Talent: Augment of Rebirth: Longwei releases some of the energy of the marsh stored within him, restoring himself and any targets to full health (namely, undoing negative status effects), and healing himself and said targets for their starting health totals. Current charge: 1/4
(Talent now succeeds on a 3 or a 4)
(Also I've still got that reroll!)

Longwei knows the Bargainer is merely being polite - he cannot imagine what she's seen during her time of service with the Lord of the Tower. Regardless, he smiles a little at her approval of his choice. He was sure he could do some damage with it! Satisfied with his decisions, Longwei turns to his fellow topseekers. "My friends, I suggest that we remain and try to find a way to reveal the truth behind the Lord of the Tower. I must admit, it is a secret that piques my curiosity, and one that I would eagerly surrender more of my vitality to learn."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
drat, Wave One is getting buffed.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

drat, Wave One is getting buffed.

(they'll need it muahahahaha)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Name - Rasheek Health - 20
Armor - 16 Accuracy - +5
Skills - Swordplay, Acrobatics, Multitasking
Talent - Domination
Items - Water Sword (Can shoot a bolt of water)
Riptide (Blood Weapon: Sword)
Amulet of Mis: Level 3 (1/30)

It was a ugly thing in her grasp, but strong. She practiced swinging and forming it to meet other ends. It was even better than she'd hoped, not to mention the red meshed well with the blue hue of her other blade.

With that out of the way, she turned to the... thing that could probably still be called a dragon for now, "And how do you suggest we do that?" Her eyes slid over to the pie and his zombie compatriot, "Do we murder each other until the price is paid?" Her attention fell back to the blade in her hands. "We know enough as it is. More blood spilled over useless knowledge is not an idea I particularly like. We should move on before another wave happens upon us while we are weak."

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 13, 2015

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

dog kisser posted:

(they'll need it muahahahaha)

Well, it'll make things more interesting as they continue to turn on each other.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - Nicodemus Kessler
Race - Lich
Class - High Lord Inquisitor of the Arcanum Illuminas
Health-13 Armor-18(DR 5) Accuracy-+2
Skills[+5] - Necromantic Magic, Athletics, Royal Etiquette.
Minor Skills[+3]- Flying
Abilities - Runic blast- Alternate Ammunition - Inspiration-
Talent- Holy Fervour
Items: Control:Protect, Arrowfist

Acquainted now with Control:Protect to some degree and re-centered, Nicodemus reaches from his seated position and places his hand on the wall the Bargainer had indicated.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 13, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name - Xyz'ck-Mk.X "The Word"

Skills - Fundamental Force Negation, Reconstitution, Time Dilation
Abilities - Hawking Radiation Emission, Sphagettification, Kinetic Slingshot
Talent- Complete Obliteration
Health - 14 HP
Armor - 20+3 DR
Talent- 2/4 +1 this turn
Items: Inlaid Crab Box (ornamental, small) Moon Serpent Scute (+7AC, +3DR)

Systems across the board went critical. The sheer volume of vital essence needed to secure this needed evolution was nearly too much for The Word to bear. Containment fields broke down, magnetic constrictors burst and the runic warding was all but obliterated. The core laughed as it felt the chains about its neck slacken to their thinnest yet. Panic beset all of Phyrexia as the shell cracked and shattered, spraying fine shards and dust into the air. With a deafening screech The Word flung open its box and consumed the Scute. The moon serpents were known to Phyrexia. When young they pose little threat but with age, exposure to cosmic radiation, and consumption of massive amounts of bio-matter and regolith they can grow in to fearsome predators. It took several legions of combat units to cull the last infestation. They have a nasty habit of bonding with the living metal that makes up most of Phyrexia and growing into electrical subsystems. The scute quickly began to spread across the rapidly fracturing surface of The Word to the tune of the howling rage of its core. Each fracture and shard not yet ejected were captured mid-flight by growing tendrils of armor. Beams of darklight and radiation arced outwards as the core struggled to be free, shattering the shell as quickly as it could seal.

The shell, once perfectly smooth and glittering with active runes quickly became something warped and gnarled. Dense branches of the combined shell and scute grew and twisted around the shell forming a far more sinister looking ball. The broken surface was nowhere near capable of perfectly containing the energies spat out by the possibly the universe's most overpowered waste disposal unit. Gravitational eddies captured the fine dust of The Word's reformation and spun it into a thin disc about its circumference. The Word's rapidly shifting colors settled down in to a glassy obsidian with tinges of crimson and violet where energies excited the pigments of the scute. The cold light glittered off of the golden dusting of the new shell. Gradually, the control systems reengaged as The Word's internal repair runes began their work. The connection between cogitators and motive crystals flickered back into function and the Xyz'ck floated past the Bargainer and over to Whatever. It curiously watched as her new device allowed her to reach between the planes and speak with its previous worshipers. Through the ether, The Word whispered a single word, dancing along tunnels of probability and flitting from quark to meson, reaching out to its damaged progeny.

Somewhere in a quiet grassy field long overgrown by moss and vines and home to a small colony of The Word's own torture bees, Sphere-O slept. Nestled between the pulsing remains of hundreds of spheruleans a small black box began to hum. There, a tiny little qubit, matched to one of thousands within the shell of The Word, began to oscillate. Sphere-O's systems began long overdue maintenance checks as it began to power up. In a language known only to the Xyz'ck's as they titter and screech at one another in the undertunnels of Phyrexia that single word filtered into Sphere-O's systems. RISE

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
inigo joe

Inigo is convinced, that Mason is a hillbilly. He assume Mason talked the way he talks because of the combination of drunkness and southern accent. No, that's how he normally speak. Like a southern hillbilly. He... Will have to reevaluate on the hobo part.

"My friend, you have seen the previous seekers in this land, they do not have all the time in the world to help these people, and we could be gone at any moment. We do need to rush, and I am only showing you how spray a wine bottle in a celebratory manner that would also speed up your progress of healing the source. I understand you treat alcohol as your 'friend', but it is unhealthy to treat it like it was alive and moving. It won't come to your aid when you are in danger, and I am sure I vomited because of this wine spoiling our food. This is some bad brew, friend."

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Hmm... better cook up something i want before this floor is over

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Basscop posted:

Better be quick, because Nico is already leaving.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Basscop posted:

(I was worried you missed it! Working on update - I'm planning to do the Wave 6 update today, and then a mini update for Wave 1. There's stuff you guys need to set up on the next floor!)

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Basscop posted:

Name - Tumor! THE MAD GOD
Race - Flesh
Class - Magical disaster
Health - 24-8+1 = 17 + 14 = 31 (THANK YOU LONGWEI)
Armor - 10+4 = 14 !!!
Accuracy - +1
Skills -

Blood magic. - Having been locked in a cellar with not much in the way of magical catalysts, other than grain and other various supplies, Tumor has learned to cannibalize itself to fuel it's magical experiments! He... She... It can also use the lifeblood of others of course, as a byproduct of practicing blood magic.

The Mad God doesn't so much pay attention to the bargainings with the Bargainer because he's busy in one of his twisted blood magic rituals. He seems to turn inside out impossibly and is back to his former appearance of a pulsating ball of flesh; horns, eyes and maw mysteriously gone as so many times before.

Blood magic heal: 1d20+5 12

Although when the others finish collecting their new fancy stuff he turns outwards agian and seems much fresher than before, mostly thanks to Longwei's blessing, but partly from his own disturbing ritual magic healing poo poo... ugh..

"HOLD ON THERE LICH! Take a moment to reflect on how you ruin all the fun for me. Don't rush so much... Bargainer! Your gifts are impressive. Although I want an ability rather than an item. What good is a god that can only murder stuff and has no followers to do his bidding? You catch my drift? And don't worry so much about the price, my friends will spot me if I'm short" he finishes.. licking his lips menacingly, polishing his fine, shiny fork.

I want the ability or an item that lets me command/convert people and bend them to my will. Willing to give up my Spine Spit ability as additional sacrifice for it. Can give up 20HP of my own. Haven't decided who i'm gonna have to threaten to get hp out of them. gonna need to see who has any HP left first. It will probably
just be whoever has the most.

e: Dogkisser said in IRC that 20hp was easily enough for a new ability. so 10 from me and 10 from someone else who doesn't want to be eaten, probably Valthrax..

ninja edit: It's Rasheek. Gimme ur hp

Final edit: Trade Spine spit for Command ability. boost new ability with 20hp. 10 from me. 10 from Rasheek

Abilities -
Spine spit! - A hole appears and out comes a sharp bone flying at the target! Ugh it's covered in bodily fluids. <--- Trade this
Command - The Mad God dominates his target and commands it to his bidding. <--- for this with a +20hp boost

Basscop fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 13, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager The Witch of Change

Name: Whatever
Health: 20 (25 blood paid to Bargainer)
Class: Goddess of Secrets Emomancer
Armour: 16 (with +1 from Breastplate)
Accuracy: +2 (+1 from Umbrarcanix Terminal)
Skills: Loitering, Gossip, Blogging +2
Abilities: Emomancy, Fashion Advice, Indifference, Dark Arcanomatrix Access
Talent: Dramabomb (RECHARGED)
Items: The Heart of Stone, Fine Spooky Breastplate, The Queen in Amber, Mark of Aven, Faith of the Dragon (broken), The Mood Swing Ring, Recursive Cat Armour, Umbrarcanix Terminal

Deep underground, in the hidden magitek vaults of the Arcanomatrix Corporation, two Grand Artificiers where utterly baffled. "How could this happen! It was right here!" "Quiet down you, if anyone hears about this, we're toast!" "But it was right here?! Someone must have stolen it!" "Don't be preposterous, there are a dozen layers of security!" "We haven't even left this room for the last month!" "Maybe they came through the vents?" "There aren't any!" "Then how are we breathing?" "Will you ever stop asking stupid questions?"

The pedestal in front of them was empty. The security feeds showed nothing out of the ordinary. The compound had not been breached, nothing had changed. Except it was gone. The result of a decade or more of dedicated Arcanomatrix Research. The only working prototype, the "Umbrarcanix Terminal." If anyone found it, if anyone even found out about it. The shuddered at the mere thought. Nations would go to war, millions would die. Even worse, their competitors might get a share of their market. If it really was corporate espionage, if another company had actually gotten ahold of it. They couldn't even imagine the consequences, but they would be dire.

If they had known the actual truth, that the prototype was in hands of, horror of horrors, a teenage girl, they would probably have activated the the on-site thaumonuclear device.

---

She had been hoping for, at most, an inch extra screen. To say she was impressed would be an overstatement. "cool." she said, and attached a small cat sticker to one of the corners. "That's better."

Her waking attention fully focused on her new device, Whatever wasn't aware of what was happening inside of her. Her subconscious and her conscience was having an informal meeting, conspiring to teach her a lesson. Her free hand surreptitiously grasped the Heart of Stone, animating the dog statue the bargainer had so nonchalantly ignored and with it's might over all things stone, had it follow behind Whatever, a constant reminder (if she ever turned around) of the life she had helped take.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Basscop posted:

ninja edit: It's Rasheek. Gimme ur hp

Take from people that can heal reliably. :argh:

Yeah sure I don't mind actually.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 13, 2015

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Brainamp posted:

Take from people that can heal reliably. :argh:

Yeah sure I don't mind actually.

Don't worry. most of us can heal each other reliably.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(Aw, nice to see teamwork (sorta?) happening!)

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Name: Lucius
Health: 22 +23 - 25 = 20
Armour: 15
Skills: Telekinesis, Swordplay, Personal fitness
Abilities: Push,Pull,Hold
Items: Green Shield (block one attack, breaks), Magic Pearl (ignore a otherwise lethal attack, break), Reroll( From Longwei's art)

Lucius scowled at both the Bargainer and The Word as all h is exertion at lifting the blood to the tower proved for naught, but Longwei soon rejuvenated him. With this newfound vitality, he felt better about giving up his life force. He gritted his teeth and stated "Barginer, I will pay 25 of these "life points" to gain a item that can twist luck in my favour occasionally, and not break. "

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name - Nicodemus Kessler
Race - Lich
Class - High Lord Inquisitor of the Arcanum Illuminas
Health-13 Armor-18(DR 5) Accuracy-+2
Skills[+5] - Necromantic Magic, Athletics, Royal Etiquette.
Minor Skills[+3]- Flying
Abilities - Runic blast- Alternate Ammunition - Inspiration-
Talent- Holy Fervour
Items: Control:Protect, Arrowfist

Nicodemus' hand stops as it moves towards the wall and he stands fire in his eyes "Do you think me some simpering coward afraid to die creature? Rasheek you are a proud warrior! Do not cow before this thing because it threatens you, rise to stop it!" He begins stomping towards the fleshy blob "It is clear you are willing to use your item upon a companion to get your way and I will not see this coercion continue."

Nicodemus whistles as he rushes forward, drawing back his fist a tiny bolt appears on the tip slathered in concentrated ghast saliva, hitting melee range Nicodemus punches and releases of the bolt sending it into the abomination.

Paralytic bolt at point blank: 17

Coercion is not teamwork! :v:

Glancing up he speaks "Bargainer you wanted blood towards the secret of the Lord of the Tower? I give you blood."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 13, 2015

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name - Xyz'ck-Mk.X "The Word"

Skills - Fundamental Force Negation, Reconstitution, Time Dilation
Abilities - Hawking Radiation Emission, Sphagettification, Kinetic Slingshot
Talent- Complete Obliteration
Health - 14 HP
Armor - 20+3 DR
Talent- 3/4 +1 this turn
Items: Inlaid Crab Box (ornamental, small) Moon Serpent Scute (+7AC, +3DR)

The Word was pleased with its new form. The twisted nature and its new halo were appreciated among the higher circles of the Phyrexian evolutionary ladders. Suddenly the self-styled Mad-God spoke. Waving around a dangerous tower weapon, it demanded the blood of its companions under threat of consumption. It snickered and licked its lips like some feral, base creature, waving the deadly fork from seeker to seeker. It settled on the sword dancer. The Word had never really interacted much with Rasheek. Not out of dislike, but rather simply a lack of common interests. With a slackening of shoulders, Rasheek acquiesced to the terroristic threats of the cancerous lump, allowing the Bargainer to drain her for something far worse than a quick death by cutlery. The Word did not know how to react. The air was thick and tension suffused into every nook and cranny of the devastated office. A tiny smile began to sneak out onto the stoic face of the Bargainer. It all fell apart with the twang of a bowstring.

Time is not something The Word is stuck in. To most linear beings time is something that is more or less fixed. Trapped in a thick molasses of causality with the varying stickiness of perception either speeding things along or grinding time to a halt. Most easily understand this as the "Bathroom Stall principle". The length of a minute is solely dependent on which side you are on. For the Word manipulating perception was far simpler. A simple flick of a switch and some graviton emissions from the core and time would make the world dance about its sensors. It was a pity the shell hindered it from actually interacting in this mode. Heisenberg couldn't have his cake and eat it as well. This is a digression, suffice to say that the world stopped for The Word at the sound of that arrow being shot.

The lich had seemingly decided that enough was enough. Strange considering it murdered the armored canid not moments before. Perhaps some expression of grief or remorse? Strange emotions for a lich. Not that The Word really understood what emotions really meant. The core had some rather unpleasant things to say, but it always did. Confinement apparently makes one cranky. The two parts did agree with one thing however, that The Tumor could not be allowed this level of control over others. The threat of instant death from the fork was one thing, but the power to control others was right out. The Tower was a place where one misstep spells the end. The Word scanned the paralytic agent coating the arrow hanging in mid-flight. It was a nasty compound, begging to suffuse and bind to any chemical receptor that would take it. The Tumor would feel the worst of it, being mostly biological hyper-charged tissue. But what would the Word do.

Glancing between the arrow in mid-flight and the shimmering portal, the floating ball of nothingness had to choose. Perhaps the next floor would cow the tumor into being cooperative. A lesson the previous Xyz'ck's had not taken to heart. Simulations were run, crystal lattices burned out by the calculations and the shell and core debated for hours. Finally consensus was reached. The fork was an omni-present danger and if brandished so foolishly and brazenly for something as small as the asked for boon it would be waved again. A course of action was decided. When the arrow struck and the supercharged metabolism of the Tumor ground to a halt, the Word would cast the seeker as far and as fast as it could into the burning city. That would end the threat.

The Word once again, allowed itself to slip back into the flow of time. The familiar weight of existence gripped fast to the shell and pulled it along with the regular flow. The arrow slammed into the walking Tumor sending dark tendrils of chemical paralysis through its round form. The Word reached out with its tendrils of force, taking care to avoid the point of the fork, and raised the still ball of meat into the air. The Word thought briefly of home as the Tumor had the same consistency of the meat meadows of its home town. Whipping the cancerous lump about its new dust rings, The Word then ejected the Tumor away from the party and into the jagged, burning maelstrom of business formal apathy that raged below. The Tumor flew...

Kinetic Slingshot 1d20+1: 6

several inches away from the desk. It seemed that when the Word yanked the hand break on time, it had forgotten to un-break it when slipping back into normal time. This wouldn't do at all. Forgetting to realign its shell when slipping back into real-time was a fatal mistake. The tuning requires the precise frequency of the slip-space temporal sheath which can only be read when inside the bubble. Now outside, The Word would never be able to properly interact with real-space again. The Core rolled its eyes. Reaching out the a small, smooth internal section of the shell, it grasped a small piece of slate. The core took a moment to admire the carving done by the undead dragon before shattering it. "Never say I didn't help you." The core whispered to no-one in particular. The magic infused dust of the broken tile soaked into The Word, bringing it back into real space and re-casting the fields to shot-put the cancer away from the party. Around the ball of meat went and away it flew. Hopefully never to return.

Kinetic Slingshot-reroll 1d20+1: 19

http://www.pbegames.com/sessions/?d...xp3G2VYRg%3D%3D [7556,7]

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 13, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(Uh, Basscop and Brainamp feel free to change your actions in light of new information!)

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Basscop posted:

THE MAD GOD

The Mad God turns at the Lich not even flinching from his strike. He takes it with glee knowing that he would finally have the proper excuse to dispose of the troublemaker.
A spine shoots out from under him and curls up to impale Nicodemus. At the tip of it sits...

Basscop posted:

Items
The Fork - Lets you eat any single object, creature, or instance but the Tower Lord himself. Anything. One use.)

"Weren't YOU the first one to turn on poor Roscoe? Wasn't it YOU who killed him? This is for him.
You will not spoil the fun our group is having anymore!"

"Well it looks like I won't be needing your help anymore Rasheek. Thanks for offering though" *WINK*

I can't post for the next 3-4 hours. I'll see what happens then

Basscop fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 13, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Nicodemus is indeed a huge hypocrite :allears: it's one of my favourite traits of his haha. :gibs:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei
Health: 9
Armor: 15
Skills: Interior decorating, resisting poison, digging + Flying
Abilities: Nature's sting, breath of the Titan Arum, amorphous algae assault
Talent: Augment of Rebirth: Longwei releases some of the energy of the marsh stored within him, restoring himself and any targets to full health (namely, undoing negative status effects), and healing himself and said targets for their starting health totals. Current charge: 2/4
(Talent now succeeds on a 3 or a 4)
(Also I've still got that reroll!)

Longwei turns, and, with a loud honk of dismay, sees Nico and Tumor! both making eyes at each other. Very negative eyes. The eyes of war. Longwei stands between Tumor! and Nico, and knows full well what he must do. Gathering all of his courage, Longwei rears up to his full height, and stretches out his tiny arms. "Stop it, please! We need to work together!" Longwei knows his words will reach Nico and Tumor! They're his friends. He knows they'll stop. He has nothing but faith in them.

Placing myself in harms way to preserve group unity, and to stop the fighting: 1d20 = 1

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 13, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager The Witch of Change

Name: Whatever
Health: 20 (25 blood paid to Bargainer)
Class: Goddess of Secrets Emomancer
Armour: 16 (with +1 from Breastplate)
Accuracy: +2 (+1 from Umbrarcanix Terminal)
Skills: Loitering, Gossip, Blogging +2
Abilities: Emomancy, Fashion Advice, Indifference, Dark Arcanomatrix Access
Talent: :siren: Dramabomb :siren:
Items: The Heart of Stone, Fine Spooky Breastplate, The Queen in Amber, Mark of Aven, Faith of the Dragon (broken), The Mood Swing Ring, Recursive Cat Armour, Umbrarcanix Terminal

It all happened so quickly. The tumour raised his fork and started threatening everyone. Nico tried to shoot it with his bow and the Word started rumbling threatingly. Then Longwei got in the way as usual. Typical.

A slimemold, with a fork, eating a grown man? Eating an entire dragon? That was just silly.
"Pfft.What are you going to do with that?" She said, looking at the Tumour with disdain in her eyes. "You don't even have a proper mouth." "It looks painted on." "I bet you couldn't even eat if you wanted to."

Drama Bomb - Saving Longwei: 1d4 4

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
This is the best floor.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Arkanomen posted:

This is the best floor.

Longwei will save us all!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh my God! :confuoot:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(alright alright time out you crazies - let me write my updates for a bit and quit changin' your actions! If you haven't taken action yet, go right ahead!)

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Name - ALighterPorpoise
Race - Phocoenidae. The richest of its .. people?
Class - A cetacean of leisure, complete with Jeremy the Porpoise's tortoise buttler
Health - 49 (25+24 thanks longwei!)
Armor - 14
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Swimming, Acrobatics, Being rich (useful for bribes and paying the help to do this and such, what)
Abilities -
Flipper kick - Bit obvious mate
Deadly Screech - A loud screech, eek eek!
Jeremy Kick - Kick Jeremy the Porpoise's Tortoise at the enemy!
Talent - Losing things
Motto - Come on Jeremy!
AI Action - Yell at Jeremy to hurry up and try and have a jolly good time, what.
Mystery - Blueish, the Pacific ocean, pussywillow, tenderly, Gentlepoise of Leisure
Sphinx Tongue - 1/2 charges. Get an answer to a riddle, a hint, or simply an idea of what to do next

I SAY! A GREEATT BLOOOODDDAY EGG! MAARRHHVELOUS JEREMEH! I SHALL TREAT HIM AS A SON! OR A HOUND! SAME THING! WHAT!!"

http://orokos.com/roll/263605: 1d20+5 14 "HEAL ME UP SOME WITH YOUR SALVES JERREEMEEHHH EH!

(I assume that was another turn) if not disregard the heal please! I shall take that egg either way!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 13, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

dog kisser posted:

(Uh, Basscop and Brainamp feel free to change your actions in light of new information!)

Welp. I was gonna make a new post after work anyways. :v:

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Haha i have no loving idea whats gonna happen but this is great. I didnt actually want to eat Nico cause hes a great character but he just keeps getting in my way

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Basscop posted:

Haha i have no loving idea whats gonna happen but this is great. I didnt actually want to eat Nico cause hes a great character but he just keeps getting in my way

You have no mouth and you must eat.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I've pretty much been chuckling at the situation this entire afternoon :v:. I love how dysfunctional this floor has made us.

I'm honestly surprised no one has taken a serious shot at Nico before, he's been the primary instigator of pvp on non death mandatory floors so far in the game I think. I mean even now it's me instigating the actual combat haha.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A Darker Porpoise posted:

I've pretty much been chuckling at the situation this entire afternoon :v:. I love how dysfunctional this floor has made us.

I'm honestly surprised no one has taken a serious shot at Nico before, he's been the primary instigator of pvp on non death mandatory floors so far in the game I think. I mean even now it's me instigating the actual combat haha.

If you weren't in danger of being outright consumed for it, Longwei probably would have admonished you. "Please, I don't want to see you tear yourself apart fighting those who are not your enemy" or something like that.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Don't backtalk me son! "Stereotypical I brought you into this world I can take you out of it speech."

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Don't backtalk me son! "Stereotypical I brought you into this world I can take you out of it speech."

"It won't change anything! You'll pass away here, and your true enemy shall remain as powerful as he ever was. All of your pain and journeying will have been for naught!"

Oh, what could have been said!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Theantero posted:

You have no mouth and you must eat.

I just realized this means Mad God just eats Nico from the other entryway :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I just realized this means Mad God just eats Nico from the other entryway :v:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread