Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"in God's good time, Prester John, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of his brothers in faith."

"Prester John" is just in Bengal! Our offices have had trade contact with them for generations! Why won't you people listen!!!! *Representative is dragged from room, howling, frothing at mouth*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Hattie Masters posted:

Character name: Michael
Dynasty name: ben Asher
Religion: Jewish
Culture: Ashkenazi

Added to the cast -

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

With the conclusion of our imperial mission Bouchard of House Margrave, Prince of Oultrejordain, declares his support for Pro Imperio et Civitate

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Count Yijian d'Cathay of Amman

Count Yijan, though enormous, lacks the cognitive ability to align with a faction. On this large baby's behalf, I declare he will remain independent.

The baby has been promised many sweets by the Thermidors. The baby is ravenously hungry. Monstrously so.

The baby joins A Gilded Tomorrow to sate its terrible hunger.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Count Albu's joining Pro Imperio et Civitate in honor of his dearly departed kin.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

House Mersir has chosen to step down from leadership of Gilded Tomorrow, as the panic in Jerusalem over a possible Mongol invasion has led to a trembling populace as well as a demand for blades that we are struggling to meet. In our place House Thermidor will lead Gilded Tomorrow as they have many times before. We look forward to supporting them.

(Ralepozozaxe is leader now)

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

I, Peronelle d'Ivrea of the Negev, will align with A Gilded Tomorrow, with vague assurances from House Thermidor that we might discuss the marketing of Peronelle brand arsenic-spring water.
Good for all ailments!

Zedhe Khoja fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 12, 2020

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I, Duchess Garcenda, am moving to the PIC

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: Pro Imperio et Civitate

The directive limit is 5, as normal, but regarding the name and flag of the new empire title, only one of each will be accepted into the final Recess. So you can submit as many directives pertaining to these as you want, along with emperor title and form of address if you like, and the options that win the most votes will be accepted as Directives while any conflicting proposals will be struck from the record.

Session of the Haute Cour, 1220

Looking very unwilling, Josselin slowly rises to his feet and, as the chatter of lord nobles and patricians slowly dies, swallows a lump in his throat.

Lords and l-l-l-l-ladies of J-Jerusalem, S-Syria, Egypt, A-Ar-Arabia, and... Armenia.

W-We live in i-i-interesting and t-t-terrible t-times. Pagan w-waxes strong, Cathay is f-fallen, R-R-Rome is s-sacked. O-O-Only we r-remain, in the m-middle. Jerusalem yet prevails.

We h-have many hard years a-a-ahead, and m-many hard c-choices to make. But I am only an o-old soldier, and l-leave them to you.

State of Affairs

King: Josselin Carpenel
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Pro Regno et Civitate, Society of Heavenly Harmony, Jerusalem Independence Party, The Illuminated, Ecumenical Crusaders of Outremer, A Gilded Tomorrow
Treasury: 2292 gold, +46.35/month
Piety: 3118, +2.87/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 56%
Army: 33780 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: none.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
Active Laws - 9/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:
Notable additions include claims on Irbil, which can be pressed for one of our existing vassals, and the Kingdoms of Hungary and Breizh.

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Count Albu of Khliat.

Council and Court:
In addition to the many honourary titles, Spymaster and Advisor #2 are available on the council.

Laws:
Next crown law can be passed now, next regular law can be passed now.

Technology:
A single advancement in Economy and Culture is available.

Military:
Standing at 30,000, the levy has never been larger.

Factions:
An independence faction is quietly growing.

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:
The current King is a Jaffite.

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I have grown up and worked with Doge Mikail, and I have to say, I have never met a more cunning individual in my life. Also a proud member of the Thermidor Diet, very fond of the Extra-Bitter Liquid Carobba (tm). That is why I propose that Doge Mikail be made Spymaster.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 13, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

With the time of Empire, it's time for changes, for we are so much more than just Jerusalem.

Directive: Change name to Empire of Eden. The Empire of Eden automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Someone wanted a look at the capital of the Oresund Republic as well -

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Jaked Egg-Tooth rides into the Cour on Sweetpea. He holds in his hand a beautiful flag, so big a scribe is holding it out so it can be seen in it's full glory.

We have finally achieved an empire, and with an empire we must have a fitting flag. A symbol to rally our troops and terrify our enemies. I have hired an old northwoman to create a flag that symbolizes not just our present, but also our past and how we got to our current powerful realm.

The mighty ruler who uses his crook to lead his flock. In his hand he holds the symbols of just some of our many followed religions, His robe has a flowing blue edge, representing the important role rivers have played in our lands. The sybmol upon his chest resembles the House of Groves, our most important political building. He sits upon a golden thrown, an important reminder of the merchants who keep our coffers filled. At the ends of the armrests are a griffon, a symbol of our Danish lands, and an elephant, a symbol of our Indian ones. And above his head floats the Crown of Thorns, an item of which we will never forget, for better or for worse. And the empty head, open and free for more ideas, mroe memories. This flag will carry us going forward into the unknown, and it will give us the gumption.

I propose we use this flag as a directive.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 13, 2020

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Patrician Simon of Merchant House Konopka

A robed figure addresses the Cour, his face is one of the ugliest you have ever seen. His manner is boorish and he lacks even the basic manners expected of a noble or merchant.

"Eden? That's supposed to be, like, a garden or something, right? Jerusalem's hardly a proper garden, too drat dry. I figure we need, like, a name that speaks to our current position and also our past. So we used to just be Jerusalem, right? Godrey or godford or whatever, that guy the new king thinks is God's like, not son but sorta...nephew? I dunno how it works with Java-ites. To be honest all my family's sea charts say Java's like, a million miles eastish or something, idk why they are over here. ANYWAY! So King Godfree, he starts out king of Jerusalem and then there's a bunch of wars for the past 120 years and now we rule a whole lot of the middle bits. Like the super middle, some of the most middlest-est stuff on our maps. So here's what I'm saying, we're still Jerusalem but we are ALSO most of the middle of the map. Our new nation aught to reflect both of those facts."

Directive: Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus. The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent , to reflect his or her position as elected lord of the realm.

"Also, my retainers and councilors and such have been harping on me to promote our house's new line of skincare products. So try Genuine Nile River Mud Masks, they'll remove all those unsightly pox scars and blackheads and crud. I might not be the best spokesperson for beauty products but uh, they tell me it works for small stuff and not all a this." He gestures to his face in general.

Clayren fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 13, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

While my esteemed colleagues debate matters of names and flags, we must not neglect our legal code. The status of Empire is not one to be taken lightly, and our laws must be updated to reflect our new administrative situation. Therefore I would like to propose the

Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act of 1220, replacing the JATRA of 1190:

Recognizing the primacy of Jerusalem to the realm, and the improved realm cohesion from not allowing too many crowns beneath our new Empire, the Haute Cour decrees:

- The crown of the Kingdom of Jerusalem is to be bound to that of the new Empire, such that election as Emperor will also qualify for election as King or Queen of Jerusalem. Creation of further kingly crowns under the new Empire of Arabia (or whatever it is hence named) is revoked from monarchical prerogative and placed under the Haute Cour's prerogative, if it was not already.

- The monarch of Jerusalem will do their utmost to respect ducal and kingly boundaries, and return counties, vassal counts, ducal titles and vassal dukes the monarch is personally in control of but does not hold de jure suzerainty of to the suzerainty of their rightful lords whenever possible.

- The only exceptions to Clause 2, which may remain in the monarch's possession to pass on to their dynastic successor, are:
- - - - If the elected monarch was a duke: the two ducal titles held by the monarch in which they hold the most county titles before their election to the imperial crown (as well as any county and barony titles in those duchies).
- - - - If the elected monarch was a count: their former primary county holding, as well as any counties and sub-county holdings the monarch held in the duchy of that primary county, and in any duchies where their possessions made up 50% or more of that duchy's counties.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 13, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Mathieu hustles back up to the Cour's speaking platform to submit another bill.

A more routine matter, but long overdue, I submit for the Cour's consideration with the blessing of Pro Imperio et Civitate the

Jerusalem's Readiness Ordnance of 1120, which stipulates that:

Within the next 10 years, the monarch is to spend a maximum of 1000 gold on upgrading

- the following buildings in the Castle of Mirabel, with priority in this order: Keep, Castle Town, Stables, Barracks.
- the defenses (Castle Fortifications and Castle Walls) of the City of Ronne.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The enormous baby sits atop the podium, the wood creaking under his unnatural heft. There is a hunger in its eyes. It demands sustenance. It demands nutrients. It demands you support the directive now being passed around to you all by his frightened regent. The paper reads:

Directive: The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom" and it shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

The regent returns to the podium to grab the large baby but it refuses to leave. It glowers at the assembled Cour members and then begins to gurgle.

OOC: Aside from bringing in our relationship with China, this proposal would have the added resonance of reflecting the Middle Kingdom of Egypt and our placement in the Middle East.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 13, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

The enormous baby sits atop the podium, the wood creaking under his unnatural heft. There is a hunger in its eyes. It demands sustenance. It demands nutrients. It demands you support the directive now being passed around to you all by his frightened regent. The paper reads:

Directive: The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom" and it shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

The regent returns to the podium to grab the large baby but it refuses to leave. It glowers at the assembled Cour members and then begins to gurgle.

Ah, er, if my good vassal Count Yijian is willing, allow me to propose the following amended directive:

The Empire shall be known officially as Sacrum Status Medialis, in the common parlance the Holy Middle States, governed by an Emperor or Empress Preferent, with the honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty".

Our realm is strong precisely because it is a realm of many equals, united in purpose to defend the Holy Land from encroachment. We are in the center of the known world, and while Jerusalem undoubtedly remains our core, it has grown beyond to encompass numerous states. Thus, Sacrum Status Medialis.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Galindo makes his way to the podium. He smells strongly of the sea. Wierd, since they are so far from it.

So we are choosing the fashion of our new empire eh. Well, this Thermidor has a few ideas. We need a title with a bit of flare, maybe some latin to make it sound more regal.

I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Mirdini posted:

Ah, er, if my good vassal Count Yijian is willing⁠—.

NO.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Mathieu flees the chamber in a most undignified fashion to avoid The Wrath Of The Babe.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well, drat my seventh grandfather indeed!
Josselin, First(?) Emperor of Arabia(?) as proclaimed by a courtier without a noticeable stutter:

As I stated earlier: The Eastern Roman Empire is dead. The Holy Roman Empire is dead. The Pope rots in holy Rome, desecrated by pagans, and those Christian kingdoms that remain are lost and leaderless… everyone, but us. Where the power of Christendom once stretched as far as the world was wide, only we remain. And so, with God Above watching, it was finally time to take on the mantle of Empire.

It is now time for you all to take up that mantle. The Jaffites have proven that the traditional leadership of the Catholic faith has failed in their stewardship, and that the Followers of Godefroy have been triumphant in the midst of near constant turmoil and strife. For, is it not a Jaffite who has held this Christian realm together before rebellions, and who soundly defeated on of the last false prophets triumphantly in battle in Yemen?

If nothing else, can't you see the miracle of an 80+ year old leading those troops into battle? Though scarred and crippled, yet still winning a resounding victory? Is that not a miracle in itself?

Please, for the salvation of your own soul, reject the heresy of this false "Catholicism" heresy and join the One True Faith as Godefroy God-Chosen had so long ago.

Edit: I have rescinded my royal perogative at this time

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 13, 2020

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

My fellow Jerusalemites, Egyptians, Sirians, Arabs, Armenians, Indians and Scandinavians. While we can't claim to be biggest Empire on Earth, we certainly are the most egalitarian and ecumenical, heirs of the greatest civilization of both the East and the West, where every landed men and women can succeed with hard work and good attitude. The tired, poor masses of Europe and Asia marvel at the sight of the Lighthouse of Alexandria and come to our shores searching for the Jerusalem Dream.

Yet, there's one person who can't yet enjoy our beautiful land. The Christian Pope decided to remain in Rome after the Mongols sacked it, believing he could put the love of Christ in their hearts, and while earlier Khagan tolerated his presence, the Scourge of Karakorum has not only presented his own twisted version of a Pope, a Steppe Pope if you will, but has promised to convert Europe into his pagan ways. Thus, we applaud the initiative to send for the Pope to give him refuge in Jerusalem and hold a Great Synod, as a sign of unity among the Children of Abraham, and we think its important for the Pope, and the rest of the realm, to ratify our Imperial Majesty with a Grand Coronation, Tournament and Feast!

Without further ado, I present:

Translatio Imperii Policy

- Once he has entered Jerusalem and the planned Synod has been held, the Pope is to crown the monarch in a magnificent ceremony befitting our inheritance of the mantle of Empire.
- A new imperial tournament ground, called the Groverdrome, is to be built at the House of Groves. These grounds will serve as a proving ground for our noble camel knights, and host any future tournaments the Empire may hold. (In-game effects: +100 camel cavalry, +5% mounted troops, and adds the ability to recruit Questing Knights, a high-martial courtier with commander traits and a high personal combat skill, on a 5-year cooldown)
- If these grounds are complete within the next 10 years, the then-ruler of our Empire will call a Grand Imperial Tourney to celebrate the new order in Jerusalem (In-game: can just use the already-extant Tourney of Jerusalem decision, though you could update it to reflect Empire if you like)

This shall be our forced policy for this session

Pacho fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 13, 2020

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
redacted

Angstrom Gothington fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 13, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We would like to revise our previous Directive: Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden, ruler as Emperor or Empress Preferent, with the honorary title His/Her Elective Majesty, and the Regnal names shall be Adam/Eve

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The huge baby is back at the podium. The baby demands your attention. The baby gnaws on a large scroll until the seal breaks. It unfurls, like something from Revelation. Come and see what it brings:

Policy: The Catholic Reformation

Recognizing that Jerusalem is the last Defender of the Catholic Faith,

Acknowledging the unprecedented moral and political crisis afflicting the Church,

The Haute Cour calls upon the King to:

1. Nail a list of grievances against the Catholic Church to the door of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, demanding an immediate Catholic Reformation. In particular, we call for:
  • An end to the excesses of the Papacy and an embrace of conciliarism (suggested in-game effect, demote the Papacy to a duchy or county title);
  • Monks leave their expensive cloisters and go out into the communities to care for the weak and study from other traditions, like scholars in the East (suggested in-game effect, drop the "Monasticism" doctrine and adopt "Syncretism");
  • The Church put renewed focus on strengthening communities under threat before seeking to expand (suggested in-game effect: Drop the "Proselytizing" nature and adopt "Unyielding");
  • The Church suspend all prohibitions on interfaith marriage until the faith is in a new position of strength (suggested in-game effect: significantly reduce Catholic AI unwillingness to accept interfaith marriages);
  • The Church accept the Jaffite Church as one of its sects and grant all similar Catholic religious communities renewed prominence and authority (suggested in-game effect, end the Jaffite schism and give Catholics the ability to declare a sect, similar to Hindus in-game. Create opinion penalties between different sects for balance);

2. Organize a synod with the religious authorities of Jerusalem and the Pope to institute these changes and discuss any other pressing issues facing the faithful.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A man, possibly a Thermidor, approaches the podium controlled by the awful baby. He throws something dark and sweet smelling at the enfant terrible, a carobba. The child considers the offering for a moment and then slams it into its hideous maw. As the baby chews, the regent passes around another directive.

Directive: The King should authorize a census across the realm to better understand the people who reside in it and any new cultures or traditions that have arisen.

(OOC: Should Hashim want, this would greenlight some new melting pot events that have been discussed in Discord (particularly for the non-Western cultures such as the Han and the general influence that China has had on everyone) or to allow for some cultural drift (for instance, the significant Danish population transitioning into "Janes" to signify how they no longer speak the same language that they did 100 years ago.)

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

OOC: Aside from bringing in our relationship with China, this proposal would have the added resonance of reflecting the Middle Kingdom of Egypt and our placement in the Middle East.

As the title "Emperor/Empress Preferent" has already been suggested by others, the baby's regent wishes to revise its proposal above:

Directive: The title of the Emperor should instead be Custodian General to reflect he is the custodian of holy places.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
fuckit

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 13, 2020

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Angstrom Gothington posted:

Radiya ad'Daula

It is clear our new Emperor seeks to convert the Lords of the Haute Cour to his heresy.. er, faith, in contravention of our general commitment to religious diversity in the realm, and on the eve of our invitation to the Catholic Pope to reside here, possibly greatly offending him. I therefore present a revision to the Minority Protection Law, revoking the Monarch's prerogative to do so.

It was not my intention to convert those of non-christian faiths, but to unite christians under one faith, but I see that method can be a bit too heavy handed. Upon discussion with others in the Haute Cour, I will not be invoking my royal prerogative to convert anyone to the Jaffite faith, especially as discussions are underway to unite the sects of Christianity in a more accepting manner.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It was not my intention to convert those of non-christian faiths, but to unite christians under one faith, but I see that method can be a bit too heavy handed. Upon discussion with others in the Haute Cour, I will not be invoking my royal prerogative to convert anyone to the Jaffite faith, especially as discussions are underway to unite the sects of Christianity in a more accepting manner.

I accept the word of our Emperor, and in the interest of furthering these fruitful discussions, retract my bill for now.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The Prince of India made an excellent proposal last session. Though since then we have learned that attempting to talk with the Mongols is a wasted venture. I repropose for them that We reach out to the Kingdom of Prestor John and the Eastern Christians for possible aid and information of their lands and ways.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

(OOC: Should Hashim want, this would greenlight some new melting pot events that have been discussed in Discord (particularly for the non-Western cultures such as the Han and the general influence that China has had on everyone) or to allow for some cultural drift (for instance, the significant Danish population transitioning into "Janes" to signify how they no longer speak the same language that they did 100 years ago.)

Depending on how much modding I'm willing to do, this might happen, but I'll need some names for these cultures

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 13, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also a heads up to everyone combining Empire name and Emperor titles in their directive - these will be Ayed/Nayed separately

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

I would like to submit a directive to Appoint Prince Centule to the newly created Second Advisor post on the Council. Prince Centule served as Marshal with distinction, and as steward of the wealthy Alexandria deserves a voice in the Cour's council.

((OOC: Centule has almost 10k levies, the largest in the realm, so improving his opinion of us by appointing him is going to mean a pretty solid boost to those))

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Policy: The Catholic Reformation

Recognizing that Jerusalem is the last Defender of the Catholic Faith,

Acknowledging the unprecedented moral and political crisis afflicting the Church,

1. Nail a list of grievances against the Catholic Church to the door of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, demanding an immediate Catholic Reformation. In particular, we call for:
  • An end to the excesses of the Papacy and an embrace of conciliarism (suggested in-game effect, demote the Papacy to a duchy or county title);
  • Monks leave their expensive cloisters and go out into the communities to care for the weak and study from other traditions, like scholars in the East (suggested in-game effect, drop the "Monasticism" doctrine and adopt "Syncretism");
  • The Church put renewed focus on strengthening communities under threat before seeking to expand (suggested in-game effect: Drop the "Proselytizing" nature and adopt "Unyielding");
  • The Church suspend all prohibitions on interfaith marriage until the faith is in a new position of strength (suggested in-game effect: significantly reduce Catholic AI unwillingness to accept interfaith marriages);
  • The Church accept the Jaffite Church as one of its sects and grant all similar Catholic religious communities renewed prominence and authority (suggested in-game effect, end the Jaffite schism and give Catholics the ability to declare a sect, similar to Hindus in-game. Create opinion penalties between different sects for balance);

2. Organize a synod with the religious authorities of Jerusalem and the Pope to institute these changes and discuss any other pressing issues facing the faithful.

The baby is gone, but its presence pervades the chamber. Somewhere, it lurks. Cooing can be heard. The regent of Amman announces a revision to the previously introduced bill and hurriedly passes around the modification on scraps of paper before the child can return.

Policy: The Catholic Reformation v2

1. Invite the Pope to inhabit the Empire as a vassal of our Empire, as it is the last remaining bastion of Christendom.

2. Organize a synod with the religious authorities of Jerusalem, the Pope, and all other relevant Christian authorities to discuss pressing issues facing the faithful.

3. At this Synod, demand a Catholic Reformation in response to the extraordinary times we find ourselves in. In particular, we call for:
- An embrace of conciliarism and promotion of the Pope to a rank of only first among equals, similar to that of our exalted Emperor (suggested in-game effect: demote the Papacy to a duchy-tier title)
- Monks to leave their expensive cloisters and go out into the communities to care for the weak and study from other traditions, as we are all under the same threat (suggested in-game effect, drop the "Monasticism" doctrine and adopt "Syncretism");
- The Church put renewed focus on strengthening our realm against the Mongol menace before seeking to expand beyond our borders (suggested in-game effect: Drop the "Proselytizing" nature and adopt "Unyielding"); and
- The Church accept the Jaffite Church as one of its sects and grant all similar Catholic religious communities renewed prominence and authority (suggested in-game effect, end the Jaffite schism and give Catholics the ability to declare a sect, similar to Hindus in-game. Create opinion penalties between different sects for balance).

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Without withdrawing the previous proposal (made at the behest of the d'Cathay family), the regent of Amman would like to propose his own solution to the name and style of Jerusalem. In his view, the country's name should reflect both the unity of the realm and the multiple entities constituted within it.

Further, he comes prepared with a flag of his own design. He's been working on it all night, sewing it while he horrid baby screamed and demanded food. In his view, the country's flag should acknowledge the 11 factions which helped make the empire what it is today. Its colors should include both the blood of Christ and white, symbolizing purity. It should include stars, to represent that Jerusalem always aims per ad astra.

He comes and unfurls the flag before you all. Pride swelling in his eyes, he says...

"Directive: Jerusalem should adopt the following flag":

"Directive: Jerusalem should be known as the United States."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 13, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

edit: never mind, says it right there

hashashash fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 13, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

Policy: The Catholic Reformation v2

1. Invite the Pope to inhabit the Bishopric of Jerusalem as a vassal of our Empire, as it is the last remaining bastion of Christendom.

Said this before, the Pope won't accept anything less than a county in becoming a vassal, and he may demand more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hashim posted:

Said this before, the Pope won't accept anything less than a county in becoming a vassal, and he may demand more

Revised slightly. Thank you for the heads up