Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
New characters added to the cast post -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
The incredibly bald and smooth-headed regent of Ascalon speaks.

We have secured the peace of the realm, and celebrated our legendary victory over the horde. Now is the time to strike back. Ascalon remains with FAAMA.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

After several years without sending a representative to the Cour, a plainly dressed man wearing the badge of house Zahum speaks.

"I apologize for my family's extended absence from these matters. Following my father's passing I had pursued a life of quiet contemplation of spiritual matters. I feel the time has come, however, to rejoin this body as a voice for the old catholics. Given my personal distaste for material wealth, and the fact that only one other faction in this Cour seems to be accepting of my faith, I shall stand with FAMAA.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

House Redvers remains with A Gilded Tomorrow

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Faction Tally leading to the 1245 Session

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation)

Leader: Doge-Liaison Rasul (Gigagar)
Members: Prince Benoît (Technowolf), Prince Michael (Hattie Masters), Count Aymar (Slaan), Doge Pijoul (Thordain), Countess Peronelle (Zedhe Khoja), Princess Gwen (megane), Doge-Marshal Jakob (Ralepozozaxe), Lord Mayor Ya'qub (WilliamAnderson), Prince Joakim (Pacho), Princess Potamina (Xelkelvos), King Arsenios II (Rody One Half), Countess Baydzar (Flesnolk),
# of members/votes: 13 members, 53 votes

Faith Eternal (Religious Expansionism & Reformed Catholicism)

Leader: Pope-Chaplain Temeluchus (Erwin the German)
Members: Prince-Advisor Geoffroy (AJ_Impy), Emperor-Preferent Nicolas (HiHoChiRho), Prince-Spymaster Humbert II (Flavius Aetass), Prince-Advisor Renaud (Clayren), Prince Robèrt (Lord Cyrahzax), Countess Aldara (Frionnel), Prince-Steward Géraud (sheep-dodger), Prince Benoît (Captain Mediocre), Prince Centule II (Freudian),
# of members/votes: 10 members, 51 votes

Friendly Association Against Mongolian Aggression (Sinicized Anti-Mongolism)

Leader: Princess Yao'er Count Yijian (QuoProQuid),
Members: Prince Ghiyasaddin II (Angstrom Gothington), Prince Rhodri (TinTower), Patrician Mikail (Grizzwold),
# of members/votes: 4 members, 14 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Prince Humbert (i81icu812), Prince Renaud (Obliterati), Princess Sirvart (Yavuz), Count Gerberge (VACANT), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Prince Humbert (Vinny Possum), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Prince Fredrik (Pakled), Princely Grandmaster Guruant (VACANT), Queen Agnes (Jossar), Count Clotaire (Luhood), Captain Iccaam (VACANT), Princess Cristen (Zikan), Princess Mathilde (TheFlyingLlama), Prince Morydd II Count Ebbon (Mirdini), Lord Mayor Ala'i (mcclay),
# of members/votes: 16 members, 58 votes

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 11, 2020

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Prince Benoît of Oultrejordain will join the Faith Eternal

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

House de Blois and Alexandria remain with the Faith Eternal

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

IT IS OUTRAGEOUS THAT ANYONE WOULD CONSIDER ME NOT A PART OF THE FAMMA WHEN I STARTED THE FACTION AND REMAIN IN GOOD HEALTH. THOUGH I MOURN MY DEARLY DEPARTED... UNCLE? I REMAIN MORE THAN CAPABLE TO BOTH PARTICIPATE AND LEAD THIS GROUP.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I'm still in A Gilded Tomorrow, and consider leaving me off the list to be an intentional attempt to tilt member counts in Faith Eternal's favour. :colbert:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

All character sheets are updated

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

The newly knighted and elevated Count of Sonda bursts into the Cour shortly before the beginning of the session, apparently fresh off the boat in Jaffa. Clearly in somewhat of a rush, he hurries over to the Cour's scribes and declares that he is representing House Blaiddyd at this session of the Cour, seeing how his dear grand-nephew is but a child and he has a much stronger claim to represent House Blaiddyd's interests than any council of regents. He then stops by the dais to briefly address the assembled notables.

"Members of the Cour! It has been several years since we've last met, though I hope you've not forgotten my triumph at the Groverdrome!" He gestures towards the sword strapped on his right hip with a flourish at this pronouncement. "Regardless, as House Blaiddyd's representative I declare our neutrality in this session of the Cour. As much as I am thankful to our good Emperor-Preferent & the Faith Eternal for their benevolence, it is only by the foresight of A Gilded Tomorrow and their Egyptian canal that I was able to arrive here in time; and the noble spirit of FAAMA remains relevant even in the face of the collapse of the overarching Mongolian Empire. As a newcomer, I hardly feel it is my place to upset the balance in this chamber at the last minute. I aspire only to serve the realm with my votes--and in future, my wits and my blade."

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 11, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: A Gilded Tomorrow

Session of the Haute Cour, 1245

Nicolas Carpenel, Emperor-Preferent of Jerusalem and King-on-the-Indus, rushes into the Hall of the Haute Cour looking sweaty, red-faced and feverish. His mustache quivers as he pulls up at his throne, and after hurriedly straightening it, he raises his hands to the skies.

: My lords and ladies, I bring tidings from God!

: Yes! Yet again, our Lord Christ has whispered in my ear and unfogged my eyes! And he has so much to tell me! Saint Godefroy looks down on our realm with pride! The pagan devils have lost the favour of their own gods! Diseases are sent to wipe out the heretics! A serpent gathers his strength in the east! Angels are waking after centuries of…

The Emperor’s speech warbles into something incoherent and inaudible, and after a moment, the first speakers take to the stands.

State of Affairs

King: Nicolas Carpenel
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: A Gilded Tomorrow, Faith Eternal, Friendly Association Against Mongolian Aggression
Treasury: 394gold, +50.43/month
Piety: 1060, +5.16/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 21%
Army: 41929 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: The Papacy.
Alliances: Grandmaster of the Knights of the Thorn.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
  • none.
Active Laws - 10/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Count Aymar of Kerak.

Council and Court:
Only designated regent, court tutor, court jester and patron of the crusaders are available.

Laws:
Next crown law can be passed now, next regular law can be passed now.

Technology:
Some economy and culture advancements are available.

Military:

Factions:

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:
There's a new republic in Apulia.

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Prince Renaud "the Heartless" Konopka of Thessalonika

The Prince of Thessalonika stands to address the assembly, a small crucifix held tightly in one hand. His recent marriage to a granddaughter of Genghis Khan is a topic of courtly gossip, but none dare speak for fear of tempting his infamously short temper. To his side sits the young Simon Konopka, who has only this year come of age. The patrician is almost a complete opposite of his crusading father, who was well renowned for his skill with a blade. Frail and disinclined to conflict, the young man has poured his energies into learning and theology.

"Lords and ladies of the Haute Cour, I greet you this fine day. And it is, indeed, a fine day in Jerusalem. For after a half decade of peace and prosperity our great realm is once more in harmony, ready to look outward once more. The Mongol menace is weakened, ready for the killing strike. We shall be discussing where that strike is to land shortly, but that is not my honor to propose. Instead I am here to make a smaller, but no less important proposal. In recognition of her sizeable contributions to the realm, I am proposing a Directive: Grant the title Patron of the Crusaders to Queen Agnes of Armenia."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Doge Jakob rides into the Cour atop Sweetpea, as usual. New though is his feathered friend, what appears to be an owl. He makes his way to the dias while singing the bird a little song.

Such amazing birds owls, able to take out their prey without the prey ever noticing them. But such hunting requires planning, and preperation. For if the owl were to attack foolheartedly, the prey may escape, or worse, fight back. That is why I propose we Scout out the new lords of Europe, those left behind after the break up of the Mongols. We shall send out some of our greatest merchant stealth teams: The Mersir Tactical Operatives, The Thermidor Razor Clams, the Sahbibid Carpetbaggers, as well as others. These agent know not just how to gather info sneakily, but to gather it in plain sight, in the guise of a peddler or local monger. The more we know about these new rulers the easier time we will have with them as enemies, or possibly as allies.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Count Ebbon of Sonda

The Count steps to the dais after the esteemed Marshal to make a plea of his own.

A capital idea! Knowledge of the enemy is a key measure to ensure our eventual victory.

Now, I've had the opportunity to discuss matters with many of you, and with Sonda well-secured by my retainers I believe I may be of more service to the Cour here, in Jerusalem. Or wherever the Cour may choose to send me. You see, skill with a blade is only useful if you know where to stick it, and where to find the enemy you want to stick it in. In my travels to and from the East I've had the chance to make many contacts, and I would gladly put them--and my own investigative and martial talents--to use in service of the Dominion. So!

I propose a directive to name myself, Count Ebbon, spymaster of Jerusalem. This is not to slight Prince Humbert, who has served ably in the role. But I am eager to prove myself for Jerusalem, and I believe my results will speak for themselves.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
edit: nevermind again

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 12, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Count Ebbon of Sonda

Additionally, considering the numerous threats facing the realm, I would like to forward a directive that Doge-Marshal Jakob be directed to train troops in Jerusalem province.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

The usurper may be alive, but at least the realm is not destroyed. The new customs made the nobles more content. To ensure our republics stay loyal, maybe we should increase Popular Customs tech?

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 13, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mirdini posted:

I propose a directive to name myself, Count Ebbon, spymaster of Jerusalem. This is not to slight Prince Humbert, who has served ably in the role. But I am eager to prove myself for Jerusalem, and I believe my results will speak for themselves.

Count Ebbon, with all due respect, the sword is more befitting a man of your caliber than the cloak and dagger. I have heard rumors of your skill with a weapon and it would be such a waste to have you occupied with investigating plots and general skulduggery. We are definitely equals in terms of our skills in espionage, but if we were to be embroiled in war again, you'd be better served on the battlefield at which point you may not be able to keep an eye on the more covert threats to the Emperor.

With that in mind: I submit a directive to name myself, Princess Potamina of Cairo, Spymaster.

See further below

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 12, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The moment Queen Agnes of Armenia steps out of seclusion, she's going to want the seat on the council she is due. Thus, in parallel with the prior candidates, I propose:

Directive:

The moment Queen Agnes of Armenia leaves hiding, grant her the position of Spymaster.

If she does not, one of the other worthy candidates remains in the position. If she does... She's a better option for Spymaster compared to the others than Jakob Egge-Thermidor's book learning edge in martial affairs over me, and the head of the independence faction to boot, which would lose her leadership and substantial forces in an eyeblink were she on the council.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 12, 2020

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

"A worthy directive, Prince Geoffroy. In line with this thinking, I hereby propose Faith Eternal's principle policy this session. The time for expansion is yet again upon us - and though the time for bringing our strength to bear on Europe will come, further consolidation of our position is warranted... as is securing away from the Mongols one of the most prestigious places of learning there is in the region, perhaps even the world. Jerusalem's cosmopolitan and welcoming arms shall serve as a better custodian for the House of Wisdom."

Policy: Swords into Pens

A) Jerusalem will declare a holy war for the duchy of Baghdad to secure the House of Wisdom.

B) This holy war should be declared only when the threat of rebellion has more sufficiently passed. (No faction at 75% or higher.)

C) This holy war shall only be declared with an excess of 600 gold.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 12, 2020

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
The regent of Ascalon proposes a Directive: Advance Improved Keeps technology.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It is with great humility and embarrassment that I must withdraw my Directive proposal so quickly after proposing it. My Dula caught wind of my petition to become Spymaster and strongly advised against it as the extra stresses of the position, were the Cour to agree to it, on top of my current duties might make my "condition" more difficult especially when the time comes. Count Ebbon or Queen Agnes (if she were to finally reemerge) are fine candidates for Spymaster. Apologies to Prince Humbert.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

On behalf of A Gilded Tomorrow, I submit the following new Law to replace the current Title Revocation Act

The GT's Brand Spanking New Title Revocation Act will have the following clauses:

-Title Revocation is to be legalized.

-Members of the Haute Cour may only have titles revoked due to concretely proven sedition, rebellion, or conspiracy against the Monarch. Mere accusations are not sufficient. Belonging to a faction, but taking no action beyond that, is not sufficient. This clause does not apply to landed nobles not represented among the Cour.

-All titles outside the Duchy of Jerusalem revoked by the Monarch for any reason must be handed out via the APA.

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Hello, class of 1245! I am extremely humbled to give you our forced policy for this session. The pursuit of knowledge has long been a foundation of our kingdom, whether it be scholarly Christian writers, wisdom of the great Sufi philosophers of Arabia, the ancient masters Plato and Aristotle, even Confucion thinking as an elective. King Archambaud's association with the Hermetic Society was just the start. It is time Jerusalem becomes the center of knowledge within the Christian world.

For Prophet University

1. Within the next 10 years, we are to begin construction of a grand university great work, which will be named Le Maison des Muses, in the province of The Gilded Coast
2. The Monarch is required to save money until they have the funds to begin construction of the grand university, unless in a defensive war.
3. The Monarch may not halt construction for the duration of this policy unless in a defensive war.

Eat your heart out Oxford.

Gigagar fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 12, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

YIJIAN "THE ENORMOUS" OF XIN XI'IAN

I... UHHH... DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY THIS SESSION. I HAVEN"T FELT LIKE MYSELF RECENTLY.

HERE'S FAAMA'S POLICIES FOR THIS SESSION.

The Cour's Constantinople Conquest Policy

The Haute Cour hereby calls the emperor preferent to:

1. Once at peace and once the independence faction's power has dropped below 75 percent, declare a holy war for the Duchy of Thrace;

2. If victorious in the subsequent holy war, the emperor preferent shall distribute:
a. All seized county-level titles to unlanded members of the Cour, provided they first convert to the local religion. If no unlanded members of the Cour are available, county-level titles will be distributed normally.
b. A temple holding of Constantinople to an Old Catholic. If a second temple holding exists in Constantinople, the emperor shall grant it to an Orthodox priest; and
c. All other barony-level holdings to distinguished individuals of non-Christian faiths represented within the empire.

3. Within 10 years of this conquest, the emperor preferent shall create and crown himself with the titular crown of Taixi (a kingdom-level title) as a warning and threat to the Mongolian successor states.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 12, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'M SORRY. I WISH I COULD BE BETTER. HERE'S A PROPOSED LAW:

Reform Act for the Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act

1. Replace Clause 2 of the Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act with the following:

The monarch of Jerusalem will, upon ascension to the throne, distribute all but one de jure kingdom-level titles and all but two duchy titles they hold to non-familial members of the Cour. This provision shall not apply to the Kingdom of Jerusalem title. The monarch may keep any kingdom and duchy titles created after their coronation.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 12, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CONTINUING OUR PREVIOUS WORK ON EDUCATION... I AGREE THAT WE NEED AN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM TO SUPPLEMENT OUR NEW IMPERIAL EXAMINATIONS. AS SUCH,, I PROPOSE A DIRECTIVE: OUR EMPEROR SHOULD COMMISSION HIS COUNCIL TO STUDY HOW OTHER EMPIRES TRAIN THEIR NOBILITY AND STATE BUREAUCRATS.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

The Prince of Thessalonika remains seated, this time it is young Simon Konopka who addresses the assembly. In his priestly robes he looks more like a monk than a merchant.

"To the assembled lords and ladies of Jerusalem I wish to express my great honor in standing here today. I am not one for long-winded speeches so I shall simply introduce my bill and be done with it. The Invisible Cities Act is a fine piece of legislation and we have already seen the value of such investments. But after speaking with its writer, the esteemed giant Yijian, we have agreed that some minor modifications may be needed. I am therefor introducing this modified law:"

The Modified Invisible Cities Act

The Haute Cour hereby mandates:

1. Whenever the empire is at peace, the known supporters of any internal revolt have less than 75 percent of the levies the emperor or empress preferent can call upon and enters a session with at least 200 gold, the emperor preferent shall spend at least a third of their current personal treasury during the next five years building county improvements (including but not limited to hospitals) in holdings across the empire.

2. The emperor is free to use some of this gold to develop provinces under his control, so long as—within a 5 year period—he spends an equal or greater amount on holdings controlled by other active Cour members not of his dynasty. For spending outside of his provinces the emperor preferent shall focus on the regions of Syria, Egypt, Arabia and Jerusalem.

3. The province of Jeddah is excluded from this act.

Clayren fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 12, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

LASTLY, I HAVE A MORE PERSONAL REQUEST. SINCE THE PASSING OF MY BELOVED UNCLE, I HAVEN"T BEEN MY USUAL SELF. I HAVEN"T FOUND MUCH JOY IN TRAINING. I'VE BECOME RESERVED, ABHORRING GUESTS. I FEEL LISTLESS.

YET, EVERY DAY, I HEAR OF SOME NEW EXPLOIT FROM OUR EMPEROR PREFERENT. IT IS CLEAR HE IS DRIVEN BY SOME GREAT SPIRIT, THAT HE POSSESSES TREMENDOUS AMBITION. FOR THAT REASON, I REQUEST A DIRECTIVE: THE EMPEROR SHOULD MENTOR YIJIAN "THE ENORMOUS" OF XIN XI'IAN TO HELP HIM REGAIN HIS DRIVE.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

I am proud to have served as the first Mersir Doge of the Nile Republic, to have worked with my comrades in Jerusalem and within the Gilded Tomorrow to try and bring an institute of higher learning to Damietta, and to serve this empire to the best of my ability. However, I have been made aware of a term many use for me in this chamber that has left me disappointed.

"The Weird"? What the hell y'all.

Did I do something to offend you? I understand I can be a bit paranoid, but you have to understand that every Mersir leader before me has died horribly. Do I have weird habits in the food court, because I just don't like how the tomato and the lettuce stick together on the ThermiBurgers. Just, please stop.

I am proposing the following directive:
Stop calling me "The Weird"!

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

The Prince of Thessalonika jumps up quickly with a mean grin and shouts.

"Directive: Doge Pijoul of the Niel Republic is to be henceforth known as "the Whiner" and shall be referred to as such in all chronicles and court documents."

Having said this he sits down and nudges his young relative. "Pretty good, huh? I was going to call him "the Big Baby" but we already had one of those and it was terrifying."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Edit: Vetoed.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 12, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

AJ_Impy posted:

Henceforth, all name change requests for individuals or regions will compete for one 'name change' slot each session, separate from all directives that the business of the cour is not held up by some petty noble bitter at having earned an unflattering title. Directives will retain the same number of slots.

Nah this is a no-go, directives are the realm of fluff and narrative changes

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

I just noticed that there is a Groverdome in the glorious Empire.

Where is the load bearing drywall?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sturdy drywall holds up the roof of the great House of Groves itself. Our alchemists assured us this amazing material would withstand the strongest of earthquakes and the mightiest Mongol attacks.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Edit: In the interests of a peaceful and harmonious cour, withdrawn.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 12, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Waaait!

A portly man in a cap runs to the floor, his attendants running after him in a flurry. He reaches the podium, nearly out of breath.

Don't listen to that charlatan Rasul, he will lead the Cour into bankruptcy and decadence! oh god, I need to stop hitting the Pita Bell so much. A university will do us no good, not with a House of Wisdom on the way soon. And especially not for the Gilded Coast. Instead, our forced policy will be investing in a grand, cross canal harbor system situated in Damietta! Now I know what your'e thinking, "Doge Rasul, you should be looking after your own republic!" First of all, don't mention that man's name around me! Secondly, Jeddah might be the jewel of the Red Sea, but their ability to transport goods to other parts of the Empire is handicapped by the desert that surrounds us. The Gilded Coast is uniquely situated at the crossroads of north, south, east, and west to receive and distribute goods.

Port Profit

1. Within the next 10 years, we are to begin construction of a Great Harbor great work, which will be named Le Marché de le Monde, in the province of The Gilded Coast
2. With respect to A Better War Economy, The Monarch is required to save money until they have the funds to begin construction of the Grand Harbor, unless in a defensive war.
3. The Monarch may not halt construction for the duration of this policy unless in a defensive war.

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Before I forget, I propose a Directive to reinstall Princess Gwen as designated regent!

She was given such a short run before the civil war and usurper Emperor. We need a strong, wise, and most importantly properly voted on hand to take charge should the Emperor befall any accidents.

Gigagar fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

edit: never mind, assuming its fluff

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 12, 2020