Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I haven't asked you guys for team advice for a while, and I'm wondering if the monsters I've just got, as well ask other stuff I've got over the months will have altered the direction I've been heading.

Here's my box (trigger warning, it's full of random poo poo, sorry)...
https://www.padherder.com/user/beeboy/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;default,0

This is what I'm currently using, it's a bit random, but is still working fine while I upgrade and evo stuff.
All the red teams being worked on were from previous advice, and the explanations are in the comments boxes...
https://www.padherder.com/user/beeboy/teams/#67864

Oh 1 specific question I have. I have 2 Shivas, should I feed one for skill ups, or evolve 1 of each?

Don't feed off the second Shiva. Run a R/D for leader. The other one is easier to evo, has some extra HP, and is fine for a sub. Or do 2 R/D for more Attack (and devil type for Ronia) if you have the devilits.

Don't run Shiva as a leader until you can make him R/D. Run Suzaku or Cao Cao.

I think Cao Cao is really good early on, when your team cost isn't very high. I wrote a bunch of stuff about him earlier. Farm up some subs for him. Neither Shiva works as a sub for him but Cao Cao can usually replace Echidna in most (mono-red especially) team builds. Suzaku's Angelit evo is attacker.

I would aim for Shiva/Shiva/Ronia/Suzaku/Cao Cao/Shiva or Ame or Ares or Freyr when you have the team cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Been saving up stones since like June, eight free rolls:

Basilisk (god drat really?)
Mystic Ice Knight (come on)
Dark G O L E M (oh it's gonna be that kind of roll huh)
Life Dragon Zhuge Liang (whoa not the green one but ok)
Echidna (get out)
Archangel Metatron (what's with this?)
Lu Bu (YES YES YES)
Pierdra (no)

All I wanted was Lu Bu so that is great as gently caress. What the hell do I do with the ZL and the AA Meta though?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Pierson/monsters/

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 17, 2014

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Is there a physical damage booster that's not a Bubblie (ie. Lu Bu for devils)? I'm trying to slap together a team for my new Blonia.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Roll until 2 not gold...

Shardra.
Grape Dragon.

Bah. That was a waste of my free stones.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Ooh, dark pengdras today, nice, I've had about 2 ever so it'll be nice to not be feeding dark dudes off colour stuff.

Thanks for the pointers GoodBee

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So in a fit of madness I pulled again and got a Liu Bei and a Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang. Are green attackers even a thing? Checking my box the only green attackers I have are Sarutobi Sasuke, Archangel Michael, and Marine Rider.

e: Oh, I have a Mari from the Eva collab too, and I guess once they get around to doing it, I can ult evo Astaroth?

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 17, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

So in a fit of madness I pulled again and got a Liu Bei and a Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang. Are green attackers even a thing? Checking my box the only green attackers I have are Sarutobi Sasuke, Archangel Michael, and Marine Rider.

e: Oh, I have a Mari from the Eva collab too, and I guess once they get around to doing it, I can ult evo Astaroth?

"Only?"

You got pretty much all the REM Green Attackers.

There's also the farmable Gaia, Griffon, and Octopus V2. Plus, Zhuge isn't even restricted to Attackers. Only his active is. So feel free to use Dragon Knight and Athena and Artemis and Genbu and so forth.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Definitely a worthwhile godfest. Was hoping for Shiva, DQXQ, and Cao Cao. Here goes:
Hades (dupe for 2nd evo)
Parvati (dupe for 2nd evo)
Liu Bei (..what?)
Life Dragon Zhage Liang (:getin:)
CDK (dupe, not feeling this)
Shiva (:getin:)
Shiva (:getin::getin:)
Thumbelina (:frogout:)

Healer team, devil team, and fire team all lookin' good.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Chaos dragon knight, Anubis, sea serpent and a yellow golem. All those team battle stones for naught :(

Well, two were alright since I need to move up from having only a monored team but still.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Had one roll ready from free stones, and have 3 more sitting there, debating just grinding out 2 challenges for another roll, but first was:

AA Meta (LMeta)

No idea wtf to do with this, but then again don't really know what I would be going for outside of "It's Godfest, so you roll" and at least it wasn't another Dark Golem.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Sylph, Pierdrawn, Red Riding Hood, AA Meta, Lu Bu outta nowhere. What a good godfest.

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012
Wanted: Shiva, Lu Bu, second Ronia.

Rolled: Pierdrawn, GrOdin, Drawn Joker.

Boo~hisss.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Decided to roll once on my non-IAP account. Saw a silver egg come out, and was ready to be annoyed at getting a golem, but got an un-evolved dark fruit dragon instead, so I'm reasonably happy.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Hoo boy. Where to begin?

Since this was a pretty good time to roll as well as my birthday, I figured I would engage in some small time whaling. Just a little! Narwhal sized, say.
  • Suzaku! Not what I was looking for, still a very nice pull. Would have been better above level 4, but...
  • Beast Rider. Ugh.
  • Toytops. Well, I guess it's useful to have them in reserve and I didn't have him yet.
  • Drall? Or him, but don't make a habit of this REM.
  • Beast Rider. ...very funny. Now cut that poo poo out.
  • Lilith, huh? Finally something from the gala! I know she's not considered a good pull, but I didn't have her yet and if I'm going to pull a healer girl, getting the highest non-busty version at level 30 is the way to go.
  • Dark Golem. Oy vey. I most likely should taken it as a sign and bailed here. Instead...
  • Dark Dragon Knight. Eh...
  • Mystic Dark Knight. gently caress you, PAD.
  • Yamato Takeru. I'm still working on Perseus, dammit.
  • Succubus. I Will FEed you Still beatIng heart TO Lilith! I don't even care about the SkilL UP.
  • Last roll, annnnnd... Siren. :livintrope:
And that's when I blew my top completely. Have I mentioned I make poor financial decisions when gettin' mad about vidya games? Because I make--well you get the idea. My next pulls in order, swear to God: Shiva, Rodin, Parvati, Grodin, Lu Bu. Yeah. It was around this time I realized I had become one of those little old ladies in Atlantic City endlessly feeding quarters into a slot machine. I'm done with this GFest, and I am done with IAP. Not one cent more.

Seriously, TOXX me on this. No expiration date.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

So, I may have done okay on this godfest. Still no clue what I'm doing (and still need more high-rank friends, I'm on a lot now that summer shenanigans are kind of over, friend ID 346635301).
Managed to get a Cao Cao, a Lu Bu, a Gigas, some Lightning Storm, Fuma Kotaro guy, and a Loki (plus some other junk.)

Goober list here:
https://www.padherder.com/user/SASiochain/monsters/

Any suggestions on switching my team around a bit? I'm still super-low on team max points, so I'm trying to grind my way through the towers using a few of you awesome folks.

This damned game, though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Rangpur posted:

Seriously, TOXX me on this. No expiration date.

Seriously seriously? No takebacks? I love me a good toxx. If you're serious I'll put it in the second post I reserved.

Anyone else want to toxx themselves away from spending? :)

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
This Godfest is tempting me big time. I have 25 free stones left and I really want a Lubu or DX but I'm trying to convince myself to wait for players choice. I'm not sure if my odds are better getting a Lubu/DX now or during the Player's Choice.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Seriously seriously? No takebacks? I love me a good toxx. If you're serious I'll put it in the second post I reserved.

Anyone else want to toxx themselves away from spending? :)
Yes. Between the poo poo I just pulled and the 40-odd leftover stones, spending any more on the game would not only be redundant, but also a sign of a deep-seated problem. This is the best way I can think of to throw the brakes on it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

MonsterWalk posted:

This Godfest is tempting me big time. I have 25 free stones left and I really want a Lubu or DX but I'm trying to convince myself to wait for players choice. I'm not sure if my odds are better getting a Lubu/DX now or during the Player's Choice.

What's Player's choice?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Yes. Between the poo poo I just pulled and the 40-odd leftover stones, spending any more on the game would not only be redundant, but also a sign of a deep-seated problem. This is the best way I can think of to throw the brakes on it.

Done, there you go.

I'm too much of a pussy to toxx myself on anything. I'm still almost eight months clean on IAPing though.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

^^^^^^^^^
e: thank you

GodFest where the top 25 most popular monsters (according to player voting) all get the increased drop rate. Which usually translates to an Egyptian-Chinese Celestial-3 Kingdoms-Sonia/Odin-Japanese lineup. Plus Lucifer.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Rangpur posted:

GodFest where the top 25 most popular monsters (according to player voting) all get the increased drop rate. Which usually translates to an Egyptian-Chinese Celestial-3 Kingdoms-Sonia/Odin-Japanese lineup. Plus Lucifer.

Oh sweet, thanks. Any idea if it would apply to EU too, or just NA?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Player's Choice is 100% the best chance to get the stuff you want since the PAD playerbase all generally wants the same monsters. It doesn't come around often though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Rangpur posted:

You forgot Hades. Never forget Hades. For a not-anime-girl (until Hades' third ult evo is released), he sure is popular!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm sure the EU gets one. Whether it runs concurrently, I have no idea.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd probably roll now if I was shooting for Lu Bu. Despite all evidence to the contrary and common sense, there's the possibility that Venus will be in player's choice in his place or something.

5-10 of the PC slots are usually pretty questionable/weird choices.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I asked yesterday why I couldn't just Ronia Zeus Vulcan. It turns out the answer is you can. I did 2 runs so far, 1 stone each to heart screw, but in theory nothing in the dungeon is too bad.

I had 21k hp, enough to survive 2 turns against everything in the dungeon that does about 20k. First time I got heart screwed on Zeus Vulcan himself, and I'm not running a King Baddie so I can't oneshot him. Second time I got heart screwed on Artemis for 2 turns in a row. This one was 90% my fault though as I just could have tried to match more orbs for 2 turns. On the second run I killed Zeus Vulcan without ever using an active skill, so it's definitely fine.

Tips for double Ronia:

-Don't heal when you don't have to. Looking up AI patterns on PDX is very important.
-Blow up Phoenix after whittling him down a little to make sure you don't underkill him and waste a Ronia active.
-Blow up Hera-Ur immediately. Getting her down to 25% is okay because she charges up for her oneshot and you can finish her off.
-If there are more than 3 heart orbs on board and you know you can heal to full with 3 hearts, do NOT use more than 3. Hearts are the most important orb in this dungeon by far.
-It's good to have a plan for wave 1 Cyclops. I use FA Luci so I can get him below 50% with relative easy, making him skip his turn.
-For a majority of waves, Ronia active can be saved as a panic button. The only times this doesn't work is when your leader is bound from Artemis, or you're early into the last wave because Zeus has too much health.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Oh sweet, levelled up and decided to have one more run at Taiko Warlord-Master, because why not-and now I'm the owner of a cool looking Hideyoshi dragon! 50 cost, so no room on the team right now. Is it used much in team builds though, or does it just look good?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Pulled two more times.

Vamp Lord
Cupid

Ugh. Done for sure.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

AnonSpore posted:

Hahaha, yeah, Green Attackers are very much A Thing. Congrats, Zhuge/Liu Bei/Sasuke/Michael/Marine/Zhuge is amazing and will handle most anything a comparable DMeta team can, and you can eventually replace Liu Bei with Zhang Fei or Tien and Michael with Athena so that you can stack prongs and blow things away.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

"Only?"

You got pretty much all the REM Green Attackers.

There's also the farmable Gaia, Griffon, and Octopus V2. Plus, Zhuge isn't even restricted to Attackers. Only his active is. So feel free to use Dragon Knight and Athena and Artemis and Genbu and so forth.

So basically this is a prong themed team? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how it's supposed to work.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Haven't rolled in forever, should never roll again really, but have plenty of stones and really want a Lu Bu... gently caress it.

Yomi (#2)
Haku
Cinderella (???)
DQXQ
Lakshmi
Berry Dragon

As far as not-actually-getting-a-Lu-Bu runs go, that was pretty loving great.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I loving knew better but I rolled again anyway.

Pierdra

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I use Yomi exclusively as a sub for Horus/Isis/combo-multiplier teams is there any reason not to use D/L assuming I have the Angelit?

also re; my previous question is there anything I can do with AA Meta/Yellow Zhuge besides 'pray for healer REM monsters'?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Missed this earlier

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I haven't asked you guys for team advice for a while, and I'm wondering if the monsters I've just got, as well ask other stuff I've got over the months will have altered the direction I've been heading.

Here's my box (trigger warning, it's full of random poo poo, sorry)...
https://www.padherder.com/user/beeboy/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;default,0

This is what I'm currently using, it's a bit random, but is still working fine while I upgrade and evo stuff.
All the red teams being worked on were from previous advice, and the explanations are in the comments boxes...
https://www.padherder.com/user/beeboy/teams/#67864

Oh 1 specific question I have. I have 2 Shivas, should I feed one for skill ups, or evolve 1 of each?

F/D Shiva/Chiyome/Leilan/Ronia/Cao Cao/F/D Shiva is straight up one of the best fire teams anyone can build.

You've also got all of the pieces of an amazing Andromeda team. Andro/Hatsume/Blue Valk/Orochi/(Leviathan or BlOdin, eventually Kraken)/Andro is great. Replace VO with BlOdin in dungeons where you can't stall for him, the three rows and skillups will jack up your damage real good.

Bastet works as a leader for anything, but can pump out the most damage consistently running a monogreen team. Bastet/Genbu/Cuchu/ADK:Z/Faf or Swoledin/Bastet can do a bunch of damage at all times, and has Genbu's active to do ridiculous damage with.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, managed to clear Zeus Vulcan with my Kirin/Echidna/Orochi/Grodin/AA Meta team. Spent 1 stone on Ares because I got heart-screwed, but other than that, it went pretty smoothly.

AnonSpore posted:

So basically this is a prong themed team? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how it's supposed to work.

Basically, yeah, it's a prong-themed team. It's pretty easy to use - just make sure to match your Green orbs in combos of exactly 4 orbs whenever possible. With two 2-prong awakenings (Zhuge Liang, ult Marine Rider, ult Athena), you get an additional 2.25x bonus to damage. (Which, in other words, means that a single 4-orb combo will do about as much damage as a 10-orb combo.)

Pierson posted:

If I use Yomi exclusively as a sub for Horus/Isis/combo-multiplier teams is there any reason not to use D/L assuming I have the Angelit?

D/D Yomi's got more well-rounded stats - in particular, she has better RCV, which comes in handy on a Horus team.

quote:

also re; my previous question is there anything I can do with AA Meta/Yellow Zhuge besides 'pray for healer REM monsters'?

Well, AA Meta and Yellow Zhuge are two of the best REM Healer monsters right there. If you've got both of those, you can actually fill out the rest of your team with farmable Healers - for instance, Valk, Angelion, and Echidna.

Edit: Oh, and Sandalphon. can't forget about Sandalphon.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 17, 2014

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the advice Raenir, Much appreciated. I'll add it all to my list and maybe have a tinker with some later.

I'm done with the weekend dungeon now I think. Went from about 10k in coins to 4 million+, and level 80ish, to level 96. Welp.

If anyone asks what I did at the weekend, I'll still say "nothing" as outside this thread, that's a shameful life.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Rolling for alt accounts for people, first roll was a DQXQ.

I'll have a full list later today.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I just started playing this game a week ago and am still pretty confused about teams and things. I rolled a hermes and am using this team I've been able to cobble together: https://www.padherder.com/user/vasler-SA/teams/#69999. Ignore the friend helper, it isn't accurate, but I don't have a consistent friend helper anyway.

My monsters are: https://www.padherder.com/user/vasler-SA/. I'm really not sure how to progress or what to do. I managed to do the expert ancient ocean dungeon today and got a "Hidden Sea Dragon Knight, Cleopatra", but she doesn't seem as good of a leader as hermes.

I guess my main question is, where do I get a siren/mermaid? I've been doing "The Mermaid's Feast" over and over trying to get a mermaid but I'm not even sure they can drop from there, despite what the pad wiki says. I've also been levelling up and am now rank 35. So, things are going well, I guess?

Any advice for what to do or what to focus on would be appreciated. I read a guide for the Friday dungeon and tried to do it but I didn't have any mermaid/siren friends and none popped up so I couldn't actually make my zombie team do anything worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.padherder.com/user/ThermoPhysical/

So I'm giving this DXQX thing a try (albeit with a slightly OK team until I can get more Team Cost), I'm gonna need some DXQX friends.

• Locked thread