Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
You know... I, for one, would love to see Kanna's side of the story at some point. Kind of like when Robogami went on a date with Iris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show
I much prefer the poison-sucking scene in the manga.

Kanna's the one sucking the poison out of Sumire's hand. And Sumire reacts the same as in the game. :blush:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Snot Man posted:

You know... I, for one, would love to see Kanna's side of the story at some point. Kind of like when Robogami went on a date with Iris.

I second this solution. Especially if the alternate-dimension Ogami who goes through this "what-if" scenario meets an inexplicably hilarious end. :)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Wyvernil posted:

I second this solution. Especially if the alternate-dimension Ogami who goes through this "what-if" scenario meets an inexplicably hilarious end. :)

Wiped out by Iristhulu after attempting to escape Kanna's "Smashapalooza"?
Punctured by flying shrapnel during aforementioned festivities?
Snoo-Snoo?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

just chiming in to say I caught up the entirety of the thread over the course of a week or so and enjoyed the hell out of it. Good work and dedication, Spirit Armor. I can't imagine how hard it is to keep this thing going.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Schadenfraulein posted:

I much prefer the poison-sucking scene in the manga.

Kanna's the one sucking the poison out of Sumire's hand. And Sumire reacts the same as in the game. :blush:
I knew my overall vote was the proper one. :frogbon:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Just a quick note-- I've been making decent progress, so I'm hoping to get the update out by tomorrow. I WAS hoping to cram everything up to the next battle into the next update, but it'll probably be too big for that.

Also, I've been starting to upload some of the older clips onto Youtube again (for those who can't access Google Video), since I've neglected to do that for quite some time.

farraday posted:

Whatever, everyone knows 14 in Japan is like 18 in American years.

That would explain so, so much. :cry:

Snot Man posted:

Yeah, I was planning to show a few glimpses of Kanna's route, since it isn't particularly long or complicated.

... though I won't be using quite the same method as last time.

harperdc posted:

just chiming in to say I caught up the entirety of the thread over the course of a week or so and enjoyed the hell out of it. Good work and dedication, Spirit Armor. I can't imagine how hard it is to keep this thing going.

Thanks! I'm glad you're liking it.

I wouldn't call it "dedication" so much as "bull-headed stubbornness," though. :frogbon:

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Happy 10 month anniversary, by the way.

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~

LightWarden posted:

Happy 10 month anniversary, by the way.

It's not an anniversary until a year passes! It's a lunaversary! :argh: :nerdrage:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

When we last left our heroes, they were...

... staring, dumbstruck, at the scene of the greatest massacre of robots that this world has ever seen.

[Ogami]

This many have been destroyed... what in the world... what happened here?

[Sumire]

P... perhaps Kanna-san... had been defeated by some large mass of Wakiji...

Possible, but unlikely. I mean, really now-- if they were to find Kanna's body, it'd have to be on top of a mountain of dismembered body parts.

[Kanna]

Gyaaaaaah--!

[Ogami]

Kanna!?

[Ogami]

... I'm sure you must be worried, but you should stay here, Sumire-kun! I'll go check it out!

Yes, Ogami, let's leave the person who is least able to defend herself without any weapons all alone, in a mansion that has been CONFIRMED to have Wakiji running willy-nilly.

[Ogami]

I know!

I was kind of expecting a little more... y'know. Decapitation and/or body parts strewn all over the hallway, maybe coupled with a few still-alive but horribly dismembered Wakiji plastered here and there.

Kanna always DID have an artistic side to her. :geno:

[Ogami]

Where are you, Kanna! Please say something!!

[Kanna]

C... Captain...

[Ogami]

There!? Wait for me, I'm coming over!

There's something innately frightening about facing down whatever monstrosity's enough to stop Kanna dead in her tracks. She swims through the ocean as easily as most men walk through the park! She crushes skulls between her index fingers! And for crying out loud, she just finished crushing legions of Wakiji!

What the hell could possibly cause her enough distress to--

[Kanna]

Captain! Save me!! It... it's a snake--!!

[Ogami]

... a snake?

[Kanna]

... table! There's a snake on the table--!!

----
[Ogami]

... a snake?

[Kanna]

That's what I SAID!!

[Ogami]

Does it... does it breathe fire, or instantly turn you to stone by glaring at you?

[Kanna]

No!

[Ogami]

Any means of mass-murdering entire cities? Soul-twisting power of the underworld seeping through its very pores?

[Kanna]

NO! IT'S JUST A SNAKE! WHAT'S SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT!?

[Ogami]

W-well, if you insist...

----

[Ogami]

Kanna, are you alright!? I'm going to chase away the snake!

[Kanna]

... hurry! Please hurry, Captain!!

----
[Ogami]

But if it lops off my arm or anything--

[Kanna]

CAAAAAPTAAAAAIN--

[Ogami]

Fine, alright, regular snake. Right. Just wanted to make drat sure that whatever thing has defeated you isn't something that could crush my head with its index fingers.

----

[Ogami]

There... go away!

[Ogami]

Kanna! The snake's gone, so hurry up and get down from there!!

[Kanna]

Aah... hold on a sec... m, my lower back's giving out...

----
[Ogami]

What the gently caress kind of martial artist ARE you!?

[Kanna]

One powerful enough to wrap her legs around this chandelier so strongly that they're the only thing keeping this thing from crumbling!

[Ogami]

You CRUSHED the chandelier!?

[Kanna]

I WAS SCARED!!

[Ogami]

Christ, this just keeps getting better and better. Well, there's nothing left but to--

----

[Ogami]

Now... Kanna. I'll carry you down, so... hold on to me.

[Kanna]

Eh...
I-in that case... I'm counting on you.

----
[Ogami]

Kanna, seriously, there's no need to blush. I'm just carrying you down, there's nothing platonic or romantic about this at all.

[Kanna]

... look, Captain, even if you say THAT...

----

----
[Kanna]

How the hell is this NOT romantic?

[Ogami]

Look, man, it's not MY fault that you're blushing like that!

[Kanna]

You keep staring into my eyes with that loving expression, how am I SUPPOSED to react!?

[Ogami]

I kind of HAVE to! I'll be staring straight into your cleavage if I tilt my head even a few inches down!

[Kanna]

... drat this's awkward.

----

[Ogami]

There... Kanna, everything's alright now.

[Kanna]

S... somehow, this is making me blush. Sorry 'bout this, Captain... I'm... pretty heavy, aren't I?

[Ogami]

Don't worry about something like that. Kanna, I'd be worried more about you getting hurt if you pushed yourself in getting down from there.

[Kanna]

Captain...

[Ogami]

See... I'll put you down slowly... see? There's nothing to be scared of, right?

[Kanna]

Yeah... this kinda thing... it ain't half bad.

[Ogami]

See... we're almost to the floor. You'll be fine from here.

[Kanna]

Aah... thanks. But I... want to stay like this for just a bit longer.

[Ogami]

Kanna...

[Kanna]

Heheheheheh... just kidding. You really helped me out, Captain.

A quick look at the complete and utter devastation that Kanna has wreaked before we return to the conversation at hand.

[Ogami]

I get the feeling that your fear of them isn't a trival matter, Kanna...

What tipped you off first? The fact that the Herculean martial artist jumped all the way up to the ceiling and attached herself to a chandelier at the sight of a snake 1/10th her size, or her panicked screams?

[Ogami]

A reason...?

----
[Ogami]

... you've got to be kidding me.

[Kanna]

Shut up, Sumire's just a drat copycat.

----

[Kanna]

Ever since I was a kid, it was training, training-- anyways, training...
I'd never once heard anything other than karate come out of my old man's mouth.

[Kanna]

Running after my father's back...
I was jealous of other kids who were playing and having fun...

[Kanna]

One day, when my father had gone out, I was practicing karate as always...
At that time, I got bitten by a snake.

[Kanna]

Getting bitten by a snake... and becoming alone, just like I was at that time...
When I think of it, I get uneasy... and frightened...

[Ogami]

So that's how it was...

[Kanna]

Heheheh... 's laughable, ain't it. Even with a body this big, I ended up screaming like a child.

[Ogami]

Not at all. No one'd laugh at you, Kanna!

Not if they want to LIVE, they wouldn't.

[Ogami]

Everyone has a hard past or something they're scared of... that much is just natural.

!?

WAIT, WUT

THAT POSE, WHA

[Ogami]

Now then... we should get going. Sumire-kun's waiting on us.

I, THAT, POSE, KANNA, WHA(ry

o-okay i think i'm better now LET'S KEEP GOING

[Ogami]

Kanna? What's wrong, are you wounded?

[Ogami]

(Looks like it was a tough battle... she might have missed a hit...)

[Ogami]

Kanna... hang in there!

[Kanna]

... Captain. I got one request to make of you...

[Ogami]

What is it?

[Kanna]

She... even though she's always like that... she gets lonely. So she'll need you to look out for her.

[Ogami]

Kanna... as expected, you're worried about Sumire-kun, aren't you.

----

[Ogami]

C'mon. Eh? Eeeeeeeeh? :haw:

[Kanna]

Honestly... at this rate, I guess won't be able to just keel over quietly, huh.

[Ogami]

Well, that's how it is. We'll be able to make our way out of here, so... until then, do your best.

----

[Ogami]

Aah, nothing to worry about.

----

[Ogami]

Now now, that's enough of that. By the way, Kanna. What's with all these wrecked Wakiji...?

[Kanna]

Though... as far as opponents go, these guys weren't nearly enough. I was just beating down peons...

----
[Ogami]

Kanna, there are like... twenty billion dead Wakiji in this building. Explanation. Now.

[Kanna]

A'right, let's see... so I was just walking around, minding my own business, when--

[Kanna]

WHAM! A gazillion Wakiji storm in on me and force me to respond with brutal force and unnecessary violence!

[Ogami]

... the truth, Kanna.

[Kanna]

... alright, fine, fine. Lessee...

[Kanna]

-- right? So then I went to see what it was, and--

[Kanna]

BAM! Wakiji. So I had to kill 'em.

[Ogami]

But... but this is a stealth mission. So why--

[Kanna]

Ha ha ha! Say no more, Captain, I was just doin' what you told me to do.

[Ogami]

Wait... what?

[Kanna]

Oh, yeah. See, I was just thinking 'what if I had a little Captain in me--'

[Ogami and Sumire]

What!?

[Kanna]

'-- and what would he say?', y'know?

[Sumire]

Oh. Oh, I thought for a minute there, you--

[Ogami]

Would you LIKE to have a little Ogami in y--

[Sumire]

ENSIGN!

[Ogami]

Alright, fine, fine. So? What'd you think that I would have done?

[Ogami]

[Kanna]

Right?

[Ogami]

Let's... let's just say that it COULD have happened if someone had lobotomized me and leave it at that. What next?

[Kanna]

Right, right. Well...

----

[Kanna]

... they didn't really have a lot of time to react, so even though there were like twenty of them--

----

[Kanna]

Violence!

[Kanna]

Thought I'd have it a bit easier from there on out, but it turns out that...

[Kanna]

-- that wasn't the main body of their forces.

----

[Kanna]

I had to escape into another room. That kinda sucked, but hey, 'least until you offered to be my daddy.

[Ogami]

I-- what?

[Kanna]

Yeah! Here:

---

[Kanna]

See?

[Ogami]

(... I'm kind of afraid to ask why she has photographic proof of her own 'what would Ogami do' conjectures.)

[Kanna]

So, anyway, THAT made me feel a bit better, just in time to watch a Wakiji bust down the door and try to wrassle me.

BAM!

[Wakiji]

Gigigi--!!

[Ogami]

What, just one Wakiji? That couldn't have been--

[Ogami]

... oh.

[Kanna]

Yeah, I was still kinda tired, an' that might've been the end of the line...

----

[Wakiji]

Gi... ghk...

[Kanna]

And then the ghost loli came in and crushed their minds and I killed 'em and THE END!

[Ogami]

That's... that's great, Kanna.

[Ogami]

Actually, wait-- that kinda IS! Now that we've wiped out the Hive of Darkness's scouts, all we have to do is call down the rest of the Flower Division and we can get a sneak attack on whatever forces that the Hive of Darkness has left in the--

----

----
[Ogami]

ghgkkhaksjdfjfghgdKAAAAANNNNNNNNAAAAAAA!!

-----

NEXT TIME: HURR :v:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 29, 2012

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

It is too adorable!

Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008
Those demon-driven mechanical soldiers have jazz hands.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

:swoon:

You foolish Sumire-voters! Fall before the cuteness!

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Locus Cosecant posted:

You bastard, I CAN'T UNSEE IT NOW.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

BklynBruzer posted:

:swoon:

You foolish Sumire-voters! Fall before the cuteness!

Kanna's a little too busy punching out the character artists for only remembering she has breasts for that one pose. But I'm sure she feels better for the admiration anyway.

I'm not too worried about the stealth mission being foiled, though. "WHAT? You were all wiped out by a large muscular woman in hand-to-hand combat? And you ran away while she was distracted by a SNAKE? Stupid faulty memory in these mass-production models..."

(Also, great work with the sidemission.)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Locus Cosecant posted:

BAhahahahahahahahahahahaha, man, now I can't unsee it, and I'm laughing my balls off at it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
It's too bad we can't vote for an Ogami/Kanna/Sumire menage a trois. The three of them were clearly made for each other.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

I heartily endorse of this. Although Thuryl speaks the truth, there really should have been an ending with both Kanna and Sumire. It would make a hell of a lot more sense than dull, bland Sakura..

Oh, and gently caress you guys for talking about jazz hands, now I can't unsee it either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look, I can't vote for either of them now. You know why? Because to seperate Kanna and Sumire is wrong. Look at the two of them. They're made for each other. Constantly worrying about one another, bizarrely matching tragic backstories. It's a romance made in heaven! Forcing either of them to fall in like with Ogami is just wrong. Let him get one of the other girls who doesn't already have a destined soulmate.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

The Wakiji have stolen violent, loudmouthed Kanna and replaced her with a cute version!

...win/win, really.

baby breath
Aug 20, 2007

is it time for my musical number? because I could really use a musical number.
Ughhh, now I'm all tempted to vote for Kanna rather than Sumire. Curse her adorable puppy eyes and girlish blush! :argh:

I noticed the jazzhands too, but why do the Wakiji have birthday candles on their heads? Were... were they trying to throw... a surprise party?!

Oh, man. They can't even talk, and Kanna just beat them up. They only wanted her to be happy... :smith:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

baby breath posted:

I noticed the jazzhands too, but why do the Wakiji have birthday candles on their heads? Were... were they trying to throw... a surprise party?!

I think they were trying to exorcise the mansion, actually. Candles-strapped-to-head is Japanese shorthand for "exorcist", much as pea-soup stains are American shorthand.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I love Sumire and Kanna as much as the next guy, but WHERE THE HELL IS MY DELICIOUS MIROKU?!

Seriously, shouldn't she have shown up by now? I need my evil Cleavage dammit!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Has anybody noticed that Kanna just single handedly killed more steam powered demon robots with her bare hands than we ever have on an actual combat mission?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

The only thing I can think of when I see this is the end of that terrible joke, with all of the Wakiji yelling "SUPPLIES!"

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

GruntyThrst posted:

Has anybody noticed that Kanna just single handedly killed more steam powered demon robots with her bare hands than we ever have on an actual combat mission?

drat right, we went down the wrong path. I KNEW Kanna's path would have been way cooler.

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008
Wow. This chapter is done a lot better than the Saturn/Dreamcast version.

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
...all right, fine, I was wrong for voting Sumire. Seriously, "punch the robots in the face" as a button-timing minigame is way better than point-and-click adventure.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thuryl posted:

It's too bad we can't vote for an Ogami/Kanna/Sumire menage a trois. The three of them were clearly made for each other.
I'm voting to get rid of Ogami. They are too good for him.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Spirit Armor posted:

Some how I doubt that you really translated these with a strict eye towards accuracy. :v:

Also I have to now what she says if you go with the daddy choice.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sindai posted:

Some how I doubt that you really translated these with a strict eye towards accuracy. :v:
True, the first one just says "Ikimasu! ORAORAORAORAORA

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
I think we all know Sumire/Kanna is the best choice but it isn't allowed, dammit.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

CannonFodder posted:

True, the first one just says "Ikimasu! ORAORAORAORAORA

ORAORAORAORAORA?

It is difficult to imagine Ogami with that level of ferociousness.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

LightWarden posted:

ORAORAORAORAORA?

It is difficult to imagine Ogami with that level of ferociousness.
Well, it is Kanna's romanticized version of Ogami. (At least the way Spirit Armor told it, if not the way it actually happened.)

Who probably pretty much would look like Kenshiro with Ogami's face pasted on.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 24, 2008

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Update should be up tomorrow!

GruntyThrst posted:

This would be more relevant if the Hive of Darkness weren't mass-producing the bastards like a woman with a clown car for a vagoo.

Sindai posted:

Actually, the first one IS literally something along the lines of "suddenly run out and punch them." And the second one is very much accurate! It's just that the word "daddy" coincidentally taps into a second meaning that exists in the American-English language. :v:

Also, TapamN, I've finally gotten off my rear end and linked to your videos from the first page in the thread.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Ogami]

... a door?

[Kanna]

Yeah, there was one over there. After the Wakiji fled through it, though, it got plugged up with rubble.

----
[Ogami]

So by "rubble," do you mean, like, RUBBLE rubble, or are you talking about the limbs that you viciously tore from the Wakiji army and hurled around the room in a bloodthirsty frenzy?

[Kanna]

Eh, a little from column A, a little from column B.

----

[Ogami]

Aah, sure! Now... let's go!!

----
[Sumire]

W... wait! This is a doorway that has been blocked by rubble! We have to lift it all away bit by bit, you cannot simply PUNCH it until it clears--

[Ogami]

That's what YOU think!

----

[Ogami]

How's this!

KER-PUNCH!

----
[Ogami]

See?

[Sumire]

But... but I...

[Kanna]

Hah hah hah, don't sweat your little head about it, Sumire. Violence changes everything!

----

The door's kind of hard to see-- it's on the left side of the room, having formerly been blocked by what looked like a giant cabinet.

[Kanna]

Well, see... the Wakiji that ran away locked the door behind it.

----
[Ogami]

... how? I mean, Wakiji can barely tie their own drat shoelaces, and you're telling me that this one managed to pull off something that requires hand-eye coordination?

[Kanna]

Well, if it helped at all, the key was one of those brightly colored plastic toys that you usually give to teething infants.

----

[Kanna]

We could certainly bust it down, but the ceiling looks like it's about to give... man, if only we had a key.

[Sumire]

If we are talking about keys... would this suffice?

Oh c'mon, it can't POSSIBLY be that easy.

[Kanna]

Whoa! You found something good there, don't you!! Let's see...

I mean, what're the chances that the one key that WE managed to track down would be the solution to all our problems in this mansion? Heck, there's no guarantee that the key will even open anything OTHER than the door to that secret study, it's not going to be a one-size-fits-all--

I surrender. :eng99:

[Sumire]

W... would you please shut up! Come on, we're leaving!

And Sumire flounces off in a tsun huff.

[Kanna]

Hahahahaha... now, Captain. Let's go, shall we?

[Ogami]

Yeah, you're right.

[Sumire]

I wonder why? I do not think that Wakiji are in the habit of praying...

----
[Wakiji]

(Oh god please don't let me get horribly and brutally slaughtered at the hands of those women I just want to go back home and see my wife and kids again I'm totally going to retire after this oh god oh god--)

----

[Kanna]

It doesn't matter, don't it!? We got three on our side... let's smash it up!!

[Sumire]

That is also true. Honestly, this time... you will not make the mistake of letting one escape.

[Kanna]

Heh! What're you saying!? How about you-- don't weigh the rest of us down.

Here, Ogami makes a horribly stupid mistake.

[Ogami]

Hey, both of you... aah!?

[Kanna]

What is it, Captain? Did something happen!?

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun... Kanna... b... behind you...

He essentially says "HAY GUYS LOOK OVER THERE, IT'S YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES! HA HA, WHAT'RE THE CHANCES OF THAT."

[Kanna]

Th, this feeling...

[Sumire]

It... it couldn't be...

[Ogami]

(Dammit... what should I do!?)

The only thing you're good for, you idjit:

Extermination!

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun, Kanna, don't move! I'll knock them away!!

[Kanna]

C... Captain! Hurry up and do something--!!

[Ogami]

Here I go! Urrrooooooaaaaaaaaaagh! ... ah!?

[Ogami]

My legs got tangled--!!

[Sumire]

Ensign--!

CRUNCHCRASHSHATTERTHUD.

----
[Ogami]

... by me tripping all over myself and crushing them with my body weight.

[Kanna]

W-well... hey, whatever works, right?

[Sumire]

It's kind of sad that this was quite possibly the most efficient method of attacking that I have ever seen the Ensign accomplish.

[Ogami]

What!?

[Kanna]

Hey, that's right! I mean, all you usually do is wave those two big swords around at people, and you're not even half as strong as WE are!

[Sumire]

Indeed... just think of how much more efficient we would be if we simply started hurling your Koubu at people, instead of wasting all that time and energy on letting you have a turn!

[Ogami]

A-aren't I the main character here, guys? ... guys!?

----

----

----
[Ogami]

That's harsh, man.

[Sumire]

It is not my fault that you proved unable to keep your balance while dealing with creatures smaller than 1/10th of your size.

[Ogami]

YOU'RE the one who's scared shitless of them, woman.

----

[Kanna]

But y'know... we let the Wakiji get away again.

[Sumire]

As for that... well, it should be fine if we chase it down once more.

This is the government dollar yen at work here, people. :geno:

----

[Ogami]

Yeah, that's true. Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

----
[Ogami]

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

[Ogami]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--

[Kanna]

Sumire... we didn't leave his pills at home, did we?

[Sumire]

C-come to think of it... I believe we might have. Perhaps if we knocked him out?

----

[Ogami]

Hey... Sumire-kun. Kanna. I am the captain of you, the Flower Division.
I don't think I can replace Kanna's father or Sumire-kun's parents...

[Ogami]

Kanna's father pushed her through harsh training, and raised her strongly...
Sumire-kun's parents worked their hardest to raise her without any restrictions to her freedom...

[Ogami]

But... I think that it wouldn't be good to remain reliant on someone else forever.
... we are all weak. There are many things that we are not good with, and things that we cannot resolve on our own.
But... with two of us-- no, with everyone in the Flower Division-- I think that we'll be able to do anything.
Sumire-kun... Kanna... can't you accept each other for what you are, and lend each other your support?

----

Here's hoping that this truce will not be broken by the deaths of everyone involved. :smith:

[Ogami]

It seems that the enemy descended underground through those stairs... in that case...

[Ogami]

Let's return to the theater!

----

[Ogami]

Right! Let's hurry and finish things off!!

You KNOW that the enemy's doing something wrong when the protagonist's attitude has become "mmm'kay, let's just hurry up and foil the enemy's plot to destroy the world, I left a pot of tea brewing on the stove." :geno:

[Sumire]

Ow...

[Kanna]

... Sumire, what's wrong? Did you get hurt?

[Sumire]

I... I am alright. I was simply a bit dizzy...
Come to think of it, you yourself appear to be covered in bruises... will you be alright?

[Kanna]

Heheheh... to be honest, my wounds've been throbbing for a while now...

[Ogami]

... just a little further. Both of you, hang in there.

[Sumire]

This is a rather disgusting place. Hm... it appears that we have reached a dead end.

[Sumire]

All three of us should pin it down! Is everyone ready!?

[Ogami]

Right... here we go!!

[Ogami]

Wh... what!?

[Sumire]

The spiritual energy that had enveloped the mansion is... disappearing!

(I love the fact that as Ogami and company are busy with their expository dialogue, the Wakiji's just casually climbing up the ladder, no rush.)

[Ogami]

But... for what purpose?

[Ogami]

It isn't getting away this time!! We're climbing that ladder!

[Sumire]

... in any case, it appears that the ladder goes all the way up to the surface.

THWOK!

[Kanna]

What was that noise just now!? Don't tell me... is it the enemy!?

[Ogami]

Owowowowow... it's a dead end. It looks like the ceiling's a manhole cover..

Lead*er
n.
1. One who leads or guides.
2. The poor bastard that's stuck in the front of the line, tasked with blundering into all the upcoming traps so that the rest of the group doesn't have to.

[Kanna]

... can we exit to the surface?

[Sumire]

Ensign... let us try to open it.

[Ogami]

Right... here we go.

Did he she just lift a manhole cover AND a couple hundred pounds of Wakiji with just one hand!?

[Ogami]

Urk... it's really bright.

[Kanna]

Ah...! Captain, l-lookit that!

[Miroku]

So this was the Earth's pulse point after all... hmhmhm...
All right, we are starting the operation! Supress the Earth's pulse point!

[Sumire]

It's the Hive of Darkness!!

[Kanna]

Dammit! Of all things, and at a time like this!

[Ogami]

Earth's pulse point!? ... could this have something to do with the "sorcery" that the Commander had mentioned!?

----
[Sumire]

Well, GEE, Ensign, we just happened to see a Wakiji plastering magical charms all over the mansion's walls, which then proceeded to neutralize the spiritual presence that permeated the entire building. What ELSE could it possibly be?

[Ogami]

Demonic interior decorating?

[Sumire]

... yes, Ensign. Yes, that is exactly it.

----

[Miroku]

...!

[Ogami]

drat, we've been noticed!?

Well, to be fair, they weren't exactly hiding.

[Miroku]

Show yourselves!! You rats over there!!

[Ogami]

drat... no matter what we do, we're no match for their numbers... what should we do?

What every hero worth his/her salt does:

Play to the enemy's urge to monologue!

[Miroku]

Hmhmhm... you may not have realized this, but this mansion is exuding a strong spiritual energy.

[Sumire]

Excuse me! I had indeed noticed!

[Ogami]

Shh! Just listen to what she's saying for now.

[Miroku]

This spiritual energy became an obstacle to our 'project'...
So first, the mansion's spiritual energy had to be sealed to remove that obstacle.
Which means... that the real show begins from here on out.

[Ogami]

A project, you said!? What do you intend to do to the Imperial Capital!?

[Miroku]

There is no need for you to know that much... the reason being that all of you... will die here...
I shall be taking my... vengeance for Setsuna and Rasetsu now.
Now you shall know the rage of the Hive of Darkness, and tremble in fear! Prepare yourself, Imperial Assault Force!!

[Ogami]

Dammit... if only we had our Koubu...

----
[Sumire]

We do not even NEED our Koubu, that would be overkill! I mean, we already have Kanna-san, after all.

[Ogami]

But if WE had our Koubu, we wouldn't have to worry about Kanna accidentally rending one of US limb from limb.

[Kanna]

Are you STILL sore about that, Captain? You managed to get your arm reattached in time, man, let it go.

----

[Miroku]

Ah~ hah hah hah! Go, my Wakiji!! Tear them all apart!

[Sumire]

Ensign! At this rate, are we just going to go down quietly like this?

[Kanna]

... drat! If this's how it is, then we'll go down fighting...

KRA-KOOOM!

[Ogami]

Wh, what!?

[Kanna]

Ensign, look up!

[Sumire]

It is the Shogeimaru!

Whuppa-whuppa-whuppa-whuppa--

CHOOM

THE SOUNDS OF A KOUBU BEING SHOT OUT OF A CANNON AT HIGH SPEEDS Whoosh!

[Ogami]

Sakura-kun!!

[Ayame]

Now! All of you sortie, as well!!

----
[Ogami]

Yaaaay! Ayame-san! You fired that shot just in time to save us-- how'd you know we were in trouble!?

[Ayame]

[Ayame]

O-oh, yeah, sure, YEAH, right, I totally knew that you guys were in danger! Call it intuition.

[Ogami]

... you just wanted to fire poo poo, didn't you.

[Ayame]

Maaaaaybe.

----

----

[Ogami]

Right! Both of you, we're getting into our Koubu!
Just you watch... we'll be paying back our debt to you in full!

----
[Miroku]

You are loving SURROUNDED BY WAKIJI, you idiots! Do you POSSIBLY think that we'll allow you puny rats to escape!? We'll kill you all before you can get to your Koubu!

[Ogami]

Oh, really?

[Ogami]

Kanna, sic 'em!

[Miroku]

What can one stupid human hope to--

[Kanna]

ARGHABLARGHA!

[Miroku]

HOLY poo poo!!

[Ogami]

Awesome job, Kanna! Now let's run while they're confu--

[Ogami]

K... Kanna? Kanna?

[Miroku]

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU UNLEASHED UPON US!? SHE'S NOT HUMAN!!

[Sumire]

E-Ensign, she's not stopping.

[Ogami]

Good god. Run! RUN!!

[Sumire]

But Kanna--

[Ogami]

Can take care of herself! RUN!!

[Kanna]

GRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRrrraaaaaaaaaaooooooo--!!

----

NEXT TIME: Battle!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 29, 2012

Kirbyoto
May 2, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
Ahahahaha Kanna is so loving awesome.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
You dumb, dumb Sumire-voting morons.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We got some bookcase-punching in! That's like the deformed little brother of demon robot punching!

That's interesting, though, that ghosts are an entirely different thing from demons. ...are the Koubu powered by ghosts? Is Ogami's mech is powered by an even more hopeless loser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Every time I think that I maybe should've voted for Cleavage McJailbait, Kanna does something adorable/awesome to redeem herself.

gently caress yeah, Kanna!

• Locked thread