Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
What better way to mourn loved ones than going record shopping? :smith:

Fortunately I found some sweet stuff:

Envy - All the Footprints... LP re-issue
Godspeed You Black Emperor! - f#a#oo LP (original 1997 pressing :c00l: )
Genghis Tron - Board Up the House CD (store had no LP :( )

Oh well. I'm really happy I actually found the GY!BE release. Such a cool packaging too, it was hand-made apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Set Your Goals, Gallows, hosed Up and SSS tomorrow night. Pretty psyched. Can't be bothered to drive the hour or so it takes to get there, but ah well.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

What better way to mourn loved ones than going record shopping? :smith:

Fortunately I found some sweet stuff:

Envy - All the Footprints... LP re-issue
Godspeed You Black Emperor! - f#a#oo LP (original 1997 pressing :c00l: )
Genghis Tron - Board Up the House CD (store had no LP :( )

Oh well. I'm really happy I actually found the GY!BE release. Such a cool packaging too, it was hand-made apparently.

Where'd you find those?? End hits?!

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND

Way to slip that in there, duder.

ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:

LOS CRUDOS (ONE TIME REUNION)AND
LEATHERFACE (ONE OF THREE US DATES)

ARE CONFIRMED FOR CHAOS IN TEJAS.

Spoke with Timmy today, it's gonna be WILD. More in store, as well!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
My band recorded a demo today in my living room in 12 hours.

You can get it all for free download via myspace.

Let us know what you think!

https://www.myspace.com/friendlyfirerocks

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Don't forget crude and hard skin for chaos in tejas

Hard Skin
Dillinger Four
Fy Fan
Invasion
Straight Jacket Nation
the Marked Men
Brain Handle
Midnight
Hatred Surge/Iron Lung
Under Pressure

Crude (almost 100% anyway)
Crudos
Leatherface

Midnight is going to tear your face off and poo poo in its cavity. This is a rare fest where I'll only dislike one or two bands playing.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Dillinger Four? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Marked Men? Yay! Hopefully Mark Pesci won't crack his head open again this year during their set...

----------------

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
Marked Men are awesome.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

COCKISPOISON posted:

Dillinger Four? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Marked Men? Yay! Hopefully Mark Pesci won't crack his head open again this year during their set...

People hate Dillinger Four now?

Iron Lung is a lot of fun live. So is Under Pressure. That should be a lot of fun.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

COCKISPOISON posted:

Hopefully Mark Pesci won't poo poo on someone's floor again
I feel bad as I was the one who told emo's to call an ambulance when he clocked himself

I never liked D4 and its strange I guess but the older crowd likes them.

I was walking home from a class and stopped in a little italian grocery for my favorite snack when one of the family who runs the place started singing suicidal tendancies, probably due to my municipal waste faux-ST hat, so we got to talking and he told me how he tries to find old ST stuff online but he can't figure out download sites or something.

We finished up the conversation and I jetted home and made him an easy tape with the s/t ST album, SOD's Speak English or Die (hilarious, he's a FOB italian) and Municipal Waste's Hazardous Mutation. When I gave it to him his only toothless words were "thank you.. now I can sleep at night."

Excellent day.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Pantalones! posted:

Where'd you find those?? End hits?!

Yeah, there was one more Envy copy too. Hurry up guy!

xkeyboardxmoshx
Jan 12, 2008
all this danger is turning me on...
suicidal tendencies was my first show ever, i was in 4th grade

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So yeah, last night saw hosed Up, Set Your Goals and Gallows.

Was in traffic all the way so missed out on the first band, SSS, but I've been told they sucked.

Then came hosed Up, who I haven't really heard that much of their stuff, but I thought they were amazing. The singer was in the crowd for pretty much the whole set, just barging through.

Then Set Your Goals came on. I've always been a big SYG fan, so I moved forward as much as I can with my friends and we got to the centre about two rows from the front. SYG blew me away, they were so tight and you can tell they were having tons of fun onstage. Annoyingly not too many people seemed to know the words, but me and friends sang along to every song. Matt even gave us the microphone for the "da da da" bit at the end of Echoes.

Then after quite a wait it was time for Gallows, who I have seen a few times before, but this was definatly the best time. Their stage presence is incredible, and again you can tell they were having so much fun on stage. They played a cover of Nervous Breakdown, and Frank, the vocalist, asked for a massive circle pit, but told everyone to help each other out and have fun, but halfway through he told the band to stop and started calling out a guy in the crowd that he had seen pick a kid up by the throat. He was swearing at the guy, telling him to come on stage so they could have a fight, then trying to get into the crowd after him, but the security soon dragged the guy out and they carried on playing.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Agent Bob posted:

People hate Dillinger Four now?

Always have. Never liked the music, had the misfortune of working a show of theirs and their attitudes re-confirmed my dislike.

----------------

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Is anybody going to see Birushanah here in the US? I guess you could consider them to be hardcore, but I definitely love that psychedelic-y sound. Also, I think they are on Level Plane.

Modern Life Is War
Aug 17, 2006

I'm not just eye candy
I'm bummed that a particular band from Iowa broke up. :(

<-------

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
That blows they were quite good. Lucky to have seen them.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I think MLIW were in decline and their last album was garbage. I'm glad they're breaking up.

The Lillingtons also broke up (again). Now that's something that's really disappointing.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I'm not too upset about MLIW breaking up. I've only ever listened to My Love. My Way. and enjoyed it a fair amount but not enough to get into anything else they did. Though from what I've been reading I should check out Witness.

Coneslammer
Mar 21, 2005

by Ozma
Bit different to a lot of this thread but I just picked up Double Nickels on the Dime by Minutemen. What an intriguingly different kind of album, totally not what I was expecting from 1984, why don't we have that kind of innovation in punk today?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Finally got my Wolfdowners record, saxophone is a nice touch, GET DOWN HERE YOU SON OF A BITCH! Needles record is sick too, haven't listened to the others yet.

MLIW is garbage and technically I shouldn't say that because my friend puts out their records, but they are.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

MLIW is garbage and technically I shouldn't say that because my friend puts out their records, but they are.

Agreed 100%.

----------------

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Coneslammer posted:

What an intriguingly different kind of album, totally not what I was expecting from 1984, why don't we have that kind of innovation in punk today?

We do, but people would rather just worship a romanticized past that never really existed in the first place.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

THE LUMMOX posted:

We do, but people would rather just worship a romanticized past that never really existed in the first place.

Oh snap.

There's a lot of innovation on the fringes, but it usually tends to fall into one or more of the following buckets:

gets heavier
not political
"not punk"
sucks
comedy noise artist bucket

I dare someone to put out an innovative pop-punk album. As someone who was ruined by Lookout records of the mid-90's, I dare say it's impossible. "I got it... we'll sound like Screeching Weasel AND the Queers! Maybe throw in a little Ramones for good measure... oh yeah but sing like Fat Mike!!!"

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

COCKISPOISON posted:

Agreed 100%.

Can't namedrop em uh?

I agree that MLIW started sucking sometime ago but they used to be pretty good.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

So Amebix are reuniting

quote:

Hmmm,
well,something strange has happened.The DVD is coming together really well,looking over the whole History of the Band through interviews etc i thought a logical conclusion would be to show how all of us are still creating stuff in our own right,i also wanted to think about showing how strong the songs were,and got the idea to contact Stig about maybe jamming a couple of songs to see how it felt.I also had made contact with Roy Mayorga of Stone sour,sepultura etc,so thought i would talk to him about this (Spider has Tinitus and is no longer able to play)
I really didnt expect Roy to say 'yeah,in a heartbeat!',so that left me in the situation of having to put my money where my mouth was and book flights for everyone to meet up in Ireland last week at the DVD project base,to have a shot at making a video of some of the songs.
My thinking was this,if its no good we will be honest and appraise it accordingly,no-one will ever need to know,and at least we had a shot.However,it was absolutely loving MAD!ten times better than the original versions,tighter,heavier,stronger.
So what the hell to do?we are going to use this footage and tracks for extras on the DVD,probably doing the whole project DIY now,with a website set up for us to sell our own stuff through,trying to put screencaps and footage on there as the project comes along.
We also hope for an animation of Axeman from a team in Australia,live footage from Jugoslavia,Italy and Newcastle,Photo gallery,full documentary programme with loads of interview stuff,all the material we can bring together in the one place.
strange times......
I have Amebix.net,which we will activate soon as a place to show clips and updates etc,as well as selling our own stuff through there.If we can DIY this project it should give a lot of people a bit of inspiration to own their own stuff,we were never paid for any of our releases apart from Arise,this contributed to strangling us slowly to death i believe.

It is loving illegible, but from what I can gather we can at least expect some rerecorded stuff on the DVD. Pretty awesome.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Parachute posted:

Is anybody going to see Birushanah here in the US? I guess you could consider them to be hardcore, but I definitely love that psychedelic-y sound. Also, I think they are on Level Plane.

They're playing twice this weekend around SF, I'm going to see them on Saturday with Ludicra. Haven't heard anything by them so I'll def. keep my ears open.

edit: that amebix blurb should have just read "lockup your children the axeman is coming with dvd and website"

it would have made more sense

edit2: i'm checking out the birushanah stuff and it is totally insane, haha. plus i see they're playing with wormwood in washington/seattle, i'd love to see them together.

Grigori Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 22, 2008

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Late Fees, where did you hear it? The Baron pretty much swore off ever working with them again, let alone with/for the punk or hardcore scene. Inside Front or some zine did an interview with him almost a decade ago where he said just the same, unless sales of the represses made his eyes bulge which I doubt.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Honestly, I got it from the Profane Existence Message Board, but it says it's from The Baron's Myspace blog (which I can't find).

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

The baron lives on the isle of skye and runs a smithing operation, it just doesnt sound right.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Soooo Raein is playing a show in Italy on May 25 with Off Minor and Daitro and there seems to be some speculation about a Raein reunion tour. Anyone know anything more about it? This is goddamn sick.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

RagingPawn posted:

Was in traffic all the way so missed out on the first band, SSS, but I've been told they sucked.

Your friends are liars.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Not an Anthem posted:

Late Fees, where did you hear it? The Baron pretty much swore off ever working with them again, let alone with/for the punk or hardcore scene. Inside Front or some zine did an interview with him almost a decade ago where he said just the same, unless sales of the represses made his eyes bulge which I doubt.

gently caress you, don't poo poo on my dream. :(

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Soooo Raein is playing a show in Italy on May 25 with Off Minor and Daitro and there seems to be some speculation about a Raein reunion tour. Anyone know anything more about it? This is goddamn sick.

Well it would prob. be a euro thing but still rad. I am more stoked that Louise Cyphre is playing CMAR, hopefully they'll release some new stuff.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

MattWPBS posted:

Your friends are liars.
Hah, I missed that but yes, your friends are morons. Short Sharp Shock are really good thrash.

Matt is there anything you want from here when I come out specifically? I was thinking of getting copies of the chronic seizure ep's, catburglars ep's, dunno if you want a tshirt or something

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Not an Anthem posted:

Hah, I missed that but yes, your friends are morons. Short Sharp Shock are really good thrash.

Matt is there anything you want from here when I come out specifically? I was thinking of getting copies of the chronic seizure ep's, catburglars ep's, dunno if you want a tshirt or something

SSS are pretty good but it's hard to top Municipal Waste's Tango and Thrash.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Hydrac7 posted:

SSS are pretty good but it's hard to top Municipal Waste's Tango and Thrash.
SSS tops MW in my book. They're great but the last time I saw MW witte got really serious about recording and micing the show. Brandon was great but I'm glad he left as he did a bunch of great bands after leaving. I didn't see the original lineup, but the second one was pretty drat good.

Plus the SSS 7" cover.. come on.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Not an Anthem posted:

SSS tops MW in my book. They're great but the last time I saw MW witte got really serious about recording and micing the show. Brandon was great but I'm glad he left as he did a bunch of great bands after leaving. I didn't see the original lineup, but the second one was pretty drat good.

Plus the SSS 7" cover.. come on.

I don't really care much for anything after Tango and Thrash.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Capitan Dad posted:

Man, gently caress the Euro motherfuckers who get to see those 3 bands at the same show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

ddonahue99 posted:

Man, gently caress the Euro motherfuckers who get to see those 3 bands at the same show.

Seriously, that is so hosed up.